• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

This way I never think before, it could the the Mushroom Kingdom Stage. O.O The water similar but the only problem is the background isn´t so grey. The only background thas similar is the GW Stage. But there is no water. It´s really weird.
Why this pic is still doubted?

Because for me, it's pretty obvious. I came up with 2 choices one of them seems extremely not likely at all and the other super likely.

I first thought that the water was from wind waker and on second look, it's really almost the same. But for some reasons, it also felt in my mind the TTYD water and then i realised that wind waker water was kinda similar to the TTYD one, but the one in the pic is all but the TTYD water.

It's pretty clear for me it's from wind waker but why it's still doubted?

The background is gry, normal, unified? I know it seems a bit weird, but remember that it could be a new stage where you have a portion of the background unified.

For me, it screams wind waker so much.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Because for me, it's pretty obvious. I came up with 2 choices one of them seems extremely not likely at all and the other super likely.

I first thought that the water was from wind waker and on second look, it's really almost the same. But for some reasons, it also felt in my mind the TTYD water and then i realised that wind waker water was kinda similar to the TTYD one, but the one in the pic is all but the TTYD water.

The background is gry, normal, unified? I know it seems a bit weird, but remember that it could be a new stage where you have a portion of the background unified.

You never saw G&W's FS, haven't you? The background changes color to look like a G&W during said Final Smash!

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I have a slight feeling Saffron City might be getting reserved for Mewtwo's release.

It's a possibility.

Last edited:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I wish the team would get into the habit of making scrolling stages move really slowly instead of their current speed. Balanced Brawl taught us that a slow moving scroller (Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 on Balanced Brawl; try it) has a lot of potential

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

It feels my research is all for naught. We're back at arguing it's for a Wind Waker level. :/

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It feels my research is all for naught. We're back at arguing it's for a Wind Waker level. :/
I dislike when I ask why and I get a "because" answer where I need to check...just answer it's easier.

Anyway, I read your post about the transparency of the water and actually, can anyone check if the pirate ship water appears transparent in G&W fs?

Because even the hd version of wind waker indeed has very falsh blue water...

Actually, I just messed a bit with Gimp and there`s a thing that is hiden by the gray background. on the right of the image, but only with sharpen filter...sounds that they could have modified pirate ship, but really, it`s weird...

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I really don't get why we're still debating that picture so much...
Yeah, did we ever see unreleased stages in the official pics besides during the beginning? My guess is it's just Mushroom Kingdom U or the beach on Wuhu Island, maybe.

On another note, I am surprised nobody seems to break the embargo. You'd think that there's at least someone who cannot keep their mouth shut. ^_^

Naoshi

I dislike when I ask why and I get a "because" answer where I need to check...just answer it's easier.

Anyway, I read your post about the transparency of the water and actually, can anyone check if the pirate ship water appears transparent in G&W fs?

Because even the hd version of wind waker indeed has very falsh blue water...

Actually, I just messed a bit with Gimp and there`s a thing that is hiden by the gray background. on the right of the image, but only with sharpen filter...sounds that they could have modified pirate ship, but really, it`s weird...
I've already went over this.

The water in the WW stage looks nothing like the one we're seeing in that octopus pic. In fact, the water in that Pirate Ship stage does not appear transparent, and his final smash would not make any water transparent. His final smash only makes the background grey.

I just tested it out, did the final smash and went into the water. This is not the Pirate Ship stage. The water's textures are much more different than the octopus pic as the white lines of the water are thicker, sharper and more stylized.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I've already went over this.

The water in the WW stage looks nothing like the one we're seeing in that octopus pic. In fact, the water in that Pirate Ship stage does not appear transparent, and his final smash would not make any water transparent. His final smash only makes the background grey.

I just tested it out, did the final smash and went into the water. This is not the Pirate Ship stage.
ok, but that still leaves new wind waker stage.

Tough, I think you should really check the background really deeply, I saw something that stick out if I play with gimp colors. Basically, the background is't that unified, there`s a certain object on the right of the image that has distinctive outlines and it seems to be connect to the water leaving the possibility of being a boat.

I'll post a screeshot if I can get it correctly...

EDIT: ok, I used an edge detection in GIMP and cranked it to the max and this is the part I`m talking about:

Like, if I would try to theorize, I think the part we see here is a big ship flag...What is this exactly?

This is what stikcked out for me the most.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, did we ever see unreleased stages in the official pics besides during the beginning? My guess is it's just Mushroom Kingdom U or the beach on Wuhu Island, maybe.

On another note, I am surprised nobody seems to break the embargo. You'd think that there's at least someone who cannot keep their mouth shut. ^_^
Flat Zone 2 did actually break the embargo technically. Yes, it was on Smash 3DS, but the embargo includes anything in Smash Wii U that wasn't previously announced. We've also gotten several song confirmations, including a Baten Kaitos track we had no idea existed before, which likely also breaks the embargo. Granted, nobody played it, but it was revealed.

Naoshi

Speak of the devil, the guy who has been uploading all these videos has taken down all his Smash WIi U videos.

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
Hey whats going on buddys? O.o It says all his Smash Bros videos are privaty (BeanguyJr25) Did he locked me. Bann me? I just wrote under a video a coment it said. Why don´t you show us more of the Event matches so we can see more unlockable stages.

Naoshi

Hey whats going on buddys? O.o It says all his Smash Bros videos are privaty (BeanguyJr25) Did he locked me. Bann me? I just wrote under a video a coment it said. Why don´t you show us more of the Event matches so we can see more unlockable stages.
Private videos doesn't mean he blocked/locked you, I don't think you are able to do that on youtube. It means he made his videos private so its not shown to the public. I think this is because of the Embargo that's going on, I don't think he was suppose to show some of the stuff he had shown already.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
he broke embargo, and all we got for it was a flat zone confirmation. Damn. It's okay though, in 11 days embargo will be lifted and we'll have a complete stage list

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
We only saw Smashville, Kongo Jungle, Pokemon Stadium 2+ Flat Zone 2 but no New Stage like Dream Fountain or any other new stage. =(

Naoshi

other youtubers seem to have embargoed stages on their channels and they still have not been removed
Mrbeanman's videos didn't actually get removed. He made them private in case he gets into legal trouble. The others should do the same if they're showing off embargoed stages.

To be honest though, we don't even know what exact stage is embargoed. Flat Zone 2 and Congo Jungle (despite being shown in the SSS officially weeks ago) are strong candidates though.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
We only saw Smashville, Kongo Jungle, Pokemon Stadium 2+ Flat Zone 2 but no New Stage like Dream Fountain or any other new stage. =(
While there's still a chance, I personally doubt that Fountain of Dreams is a stage within this game. It could be, but I just don't see it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
While there's still a chance, I personally doubt that Fountain of Dreams is a stage within this game. It could be, but I just don't see it.
Well, it's song isn't confirmed to be in the game yet, so there may be hope....

Also, anyone noticed how Kongo Jungle has the 64 within it's name? Does that mean that Melee's might return too?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Also, anyone noticed how Kongo Jungle has the 64 within it's name? Does that mean that Melee's might return too?
It's a possibility.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

As much as I want that to happen, in part because I love that stage, I don't think it will unfortunately and it's probably just a proper way of naming stages like that which share names such as Kongo Jungle and Temple.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
As much as I want that to happen, in part because I love that stage, I don't think it will unfortunately and it's probably just a proper way of naming stages like that which share names such as Kongo Jungle and Temple.
Yeah, but why add the 64 if it is the only Kongo Jungle in the game? There are 3 Yoshi's Island stage in the series, yet the Island available in the Wii U version doesn't have (Melee) written on it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly guys I'm starting to believe that Flat Zone 2 is the last stage in the game. I can't think of anything else that would fit. The last slot up top can only really be Mario or Donkey Kong. With Pokemon only having 2 stages, I don't think DK or Zelda will get a fourth stage. I don't think DK will get a fourth stage before Zelda, either. Kirby only has two stages as well, but there's no real room to fit a third Kirby stage.

If there IS another stage up top, its either a Mario returning stage (Mushroom Kingdom 1/2), or Miiverse.

Even GameXplain is Breaking the Embargo No one cares :@
We don't know what exactly the embargo consists of. Can't really say that if we don't know the circumstances. For all we know they've unlocked a ton of awesome crap we haven't seen yet. Maybe there's another brand new stage we don't know of yet (I highly doubt it, though).

Naoshi

Even GameXplain is Breaking the Embargo No one cares :@
...??? What exactly did GameXplain do that broke the embargo?

Honestly guys I'm starting to believe that Flat Zone 2 is the last stage in the game. I can't think of anything else that would fit. The last slot up top can only really be Mario or Donkey Kong. With Pokemon only having 2 stages, I don't think DK or Zelda will get a fourth stage. I don't think DK will get a fourth stage before Zelda, either. Kirby only has two stages as well, but there's no real room to fit a third Kirby stage.

If there IS another stage up top, its either a Mario returning stage (Mushroom Kingdom 1/2), or Miiverse.
Disappoints me that this might be it for the stage roster.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
...??? What exactly did GameXplain do that broke the embargo?

Disappoints me that this might be it for the stage roster.
Pac-Land Although it was in Pac-Man's trailer its still unlock able which should mean that its under Embargo because its a Secret Stage Also On a slightly off Topic Note dat Rosalina Amiibo :p

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Pac-Land Although it was in Pac-Man's trailer its still unlock able which should mean that its under Embargo because its a Secret Stage Also On a slightly off Topic Note dat Rosalina Amiibo :p
I think they simply aren't allowed to show stuff we shouldn't know about the Wii U version (how to unlock characters, unlockable stages/songs/anything else, maybe even how to get Mewtwo and so on...)

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I think they simply aren't allowed to show stuff we shouldn't know about the Wii U version (how to unlock characters, unlockable stages/songs/anything else, maybe even how to get Mewtwo and so on...)
Yeah, Pac-land isnt blocked by Embargo because it was in Pac-man's trailer

Naoshi

Uh, that stage isn't under Embargo. And GameXplain knows better than to break the NDA. They're not stupid.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
A bit of a shame Kongo Jungle 64 wasn't updated with higher end graphics. I didn't get to see it myself, due to that guys videos being made private, but I can imagine it must look just as dark as the original.

Top Bottom