• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I thought so at first, but since it has the platforms that move on and off screen, it plays pretty differently, looking at it. Smashville was about the most boring "neutral" stage for Brawl that I could stand playing on frequently, since it had just enough interesting going on.
Smashville was great, I loved having a stage that fit the time of day. Wish it had rain and snow for the seasons tho.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I'd like to see New Pork City (Mother 3 was an amazing game, and it deserves to have some representation in future Smash games), Spear Pillar and the Pirate Ship return. All three were not bad stages (though New Pork and Spear Pillar got annoying at times because of stage hazards), and I'd be happy if they all somehow made an appearance in SSB3DS/WiiU.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I don't even want new pork to return, because sakurai will use that as an excuse not to model a completely new Mother 3 stage.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
WTF there were people who LIKED New Pork City?

I felt so ripped off by it, I wanted to fight IN the city, not on a bunch of awkwardly placed floating platforms hovering in front of it.
I had the same problem with the Halberd stage. The part where you are actually fighting on the deck of the Halberd is cool, but flying in front of it was just alright, it was actually a good stage design in my opinion, but the background seemed so dark and dull for a Kirby game and kinda killed it for me.

My favorite stages were Pirate Ship and Summit.
(I mean I only ever played on Smashville, Battlefield, Final Destination and Yoshi's Island but Pirate Ship and Summit had such amazing dynamic action going on and you felt like you were a part of whats happening in the background)

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
As long as Smashville gets an option for the concert songs, I'd be all for it. The normal soundtrack just sounded too calm IMO.

I also really liked Delfino Plaza, I'm crossing my fingers for that one to be in.

Last edited:

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Mother 3 is one of my favorite games (clearly), but I hated New Pork City. I would rather no Mother stages at all than have that return.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I'd like to see New Pork City (Mother 3 was an amazing game, and it deserves to have some representation in future Smash games), Spear Pillar and the Pirate Ship return. All three were not bad stages (though New Pork and Spear Pillar got annoying at times because of stage hazards), and I'd be happy if they all somehow made an appearance in SSB3DS/WiiU.
I don't even want new pork to return, because sakurai will use that as an excuse not to model a completely new Mother 3 stage.
Mother 3 needs a better stage. As I mentioned, Drago Plains would be awesome and could have the Mecha Drago as a stage hazard.

I'll also reference something I said in Stage Discussion.
I just want a viable Mother Stage.

New Pork City done in a Delfino Plaza-esc manner would be awesome. You start the fight on top of the flying limo which proceeds to travel throughout the city stopping a certain locations like on top of the tower or at the Pig King statue.

Last edited:

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
i would love to see delfino plaza back for the Wii u

i would also like to see Mario circuit but it probably be for the 3ds

and i would like to see sky world it just looked pretty in the backround

also the warioware stage was so fun i hope they bring it back or make another stage like that

and the last one i would like to see is port town areo drive if they don't make another f zero stage like it

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't see why it wouldn't go into stage discussion, so I merged it.

Anyways, I want Delfino Plaza to return.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
WTF there were people who LIKED New Pork City?

I felt so ripped off by it, I wanted to fight IN the city, not on a bunch of awkwardly placed floating platforms hovering in front of it.
I had the same problem with the Halberd stage. The part where you are actually fighting on the deck of the Halberd is cool, but flying in front of it was just alright, it was actually a good stage design in my opinion, but the background seemed so dark and dull for a Kirby game and kinda killed it for me.

My favorite stages were Pirate Ship and Summit.
(I mean I only ever played on Smashville, Battlefield, Final Destination and Yoshi's Island but Pirate Ship and Summit had such amazing dynamic action going on and you felt like you were a part of whats happening in the background)
Fully agreeing with this. Prate Ship had a few too many ship hazards for my liking but summit made my list of good reusable stages because the only real issue I had with it was the water, something that will not be returning even if the stage is.
That was my main issue with Halberd, too. Were the method of transportation a little more in keeping with the stage itself, I wouldn't mind putting up with the hazards for the darker, more action based Kirby stage.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
It'd be cool if after time, you could import the 3DS stages into Wii U via DLC or something.

EDIT: Also I'd love Magicant but I wouldn't be able to stop crying if there would be snowmen in the background.

Last edited:

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
New Wind Waker inspired stage.

It is an updated Pirate Ship stage. However it now crashes into 3 different islands and sails past other notable ones.
Works the same as it did in Brawl except now that Smash 4 is confirmed not to have swimming, it becomes much more deadlier.
Sail through the great sea, dodging cannon balls. Sail past Tingle Island.

Crash land into Outset Island. You fight on the beach where the dock is with the spy tower. Either the giant black pig or the booger kid make an appearance. Seagulls fly around the top of the tower.

The pirate ship comes back and picks you up. Beetles ship can be seen in the background.

Then the set sail a little bit until the Ballad of Gales is played and a cyclone lifts you up into the air.
You land back down in the water as you continue to sail past Forsaken Fortress.

Then you crash land on Windfall Island. You battle on the docks and some of the beach. The islanders make appearances and even the three pigs become stage hazards.

Pirate ship pulls up to the docks and takes you back out past more towers that are bombing you.
Then the Ballad of Gales happens again.

As you come back down you sail through the tower of the gods outer area. You can jump on the walls as you sail through, but don't get left behind!

Then you crash land into Dragoon Roost Island. You fight in the hot spring area. It has a tree and beach. A bomb flower grows and it can be picked up and thrown like an item. It grows back. The screen pushes back towards the sea and you must race back to the ship.

Set sail again past enemies and through a storm. The ghost ship appears in the background. Ballad of Gales again and you are back at Outset.

The order of the islands is random every time you play the stage.

The default music is a medley that matches up with what is happening in the game. The great sea song plays when sailing, Ballad of Gales when warping, and the respective island music when you crash land.

Songs other than those in the medley can be played for the duration of the stage. I would love to rock out to Outset Island for the whole time but it would sound weird when on Dragon Roost Island.

Last edited:

Tabuhli

Smash Rookie
I really want the battle theatre from Paper Mario TTYD to be one of the Mario stages. The audience could throw items onto the arena, and the curtain could close every few minutes and change the background.

Tanea

Smash Ace
Something about it bothers me . Why isn't this on te Wii U version? It looks like it may be based off from sticker star or maybe a part of smash run?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sorry, is this a Paper Mario stage?

Because if so, I can dig it.
Yep, that's from one of the earlier parts in Sticker Star.

Not my choice of Paper Mario, but it's on the 3DS version so it was the only option for a Paper Mario stage (for that version).
I'm hyped out of my mind.

Tanea

Smash Ace
Yeah it looks great I hope we get more stages or something to break the POTD just a little bit more evenly.

I would like a stage based off the original Paper Mario maybe :D

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Yes, hopefully we get the "Stage" stage for Wii U, that's my second most wanted stage, after Gangplank Galleon.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Sorry, is this a Paper Mario stage?

Because if so, I can dig it.
Geeze, three Mario stages on the 3ds? Not to mention, it's a paper mario stage? I would have thought of this as unlikely unless... er..

Well, I suppose there is a lot of Mario representation to justify another Mario stage and this could be another case like with Brawl's animal crossing stage. ^.v

Oh yeah, there's also this

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I see Mario and Paper Mario to be two different things.
Mostly because I've had more fun with Paper Mario than I ever had with main-series Mario.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think its only fair that both Rpg sub-series get a stage and maybe they reversed the rules for this on since a Paper Mario stage would look better on 3DS and a Mario & Luigi stage would look better on Wii U (And has better music, better characters to make cameos and better locations in general ;) )

So what would you like to see? I would honestly be happy with any location from any of the games, but some more notable places I would like are

Superstar Saga
Mushroom Kingdom
Koopa Cruiser
Stardust Fields
Hoohoo Village
Hoohoo Mountain
Beanbean Castle Town
Beanbean Castle
Chucklehuck Woods
Woohoo Hooniversity
Beanbean Airport
Teehee Valley
Little Fungitown
Guffawha Ruins
Oho Oasis
Oho Ocean
Oho Ocean Seabed
Gwarhar Lagoon
Yoshi Theater
Joke's End
Bowser's Castle

Partners in Time
Princess Peach's Castle
Hollijolli Village
Bowser's Castle
Toadwood Forest
Yoshi's Island
Yoob's Belly
Gritzy Desert
Koopaseum
Gritzy Caves

Thwomp Volcano
Shroob Mother Ship

Toad Town
Star Hill
Star Shrine
Shroob Castle

Bowser's Inside Story
Peach's Castle
Dimble Wood
Cavi Cape
Plack Beach
Bumpsy Plains
Bowser Path
Bowser's Castle
Tunnel**
Toad Town*
Toad Town Mall*
Tower of Yikk
Blubble Lake
Project K**
Peach's Castle Garden

Fawful's Theatre
Bowsers Body

Dream Team Bros.

Real World (Pi'illo Island)
Pi'illo Blimport
Pi'illo Castle
Mushrise Park

Dozing Sands
Wakeport

Mount Pajamaja
Driftwood Shore
Somnom Woods

Neo Bowser Castle*
Dream World
Dreamy Pi'illo Castle
Dreamy Mushrise Park
Dreamy Dozing Sands
Dreamy Wakeport
Dreamy Mount Pajamaja
Dreamy Driftwood Shore
Dreamy Somnom Woods
Dreamy Neo Bowser Castle

Dream's Deep

Feel Free to suggest others that I could add to this post, (If you can find anymore :p )

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I'd like to see them bring back Big Blue, and then add in the F-Zero GX version of Mute City for this game.

And I just had a thought. Regardless of whether the new Great Fox stage will be like Corneria/Sector Z or Venom, it is hard to imagine how there can be a Final Destination version of the stage.

That is, until you turn to Starfox Command, in which they have a new model of the Great Fox that works perfectly for a Final Destination version of that stage.

Hopefully they realize and implement this in the game, or perhaps use a better means of creating a Final Destination version of the stage. Both ships are called the Great Fox though, so I think it would work splendidly.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Luigi's Dream or nothing! When Luigi joins the fight, Alfonzo dreams up the stage!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If the Wii U version does get a Paper Mario stage, I hope it's either:

From Paper Mario 64
Kammy could spawn big Yellow blocks and such. Relatively mild stage. When Bowser joins the battle, Alfonzo steps in as a superpowered version of Mario's nemesis. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

or

From TTYD
Background could transition between the different settings, the audience can react to the fight by throwing items that help or hurt the fighters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ah, I'm late to the party then.

Dark pit seems odd to me, that's a huge stage, he's rather small, but I guess he was teased.

*shrug
I personally don't think that's the case, but hey.
You never know until the game officially comes out or Sakurai points it out.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Four, actually.

And WOW! Two mario games being represented in one stage!? This is unheard of for Smash!

TTYD FANBOYISM UNLEASHED!
They'll probably incorporate the other 2 Paper Mario games (Paper Mario 64 and Super Paper Mario) as well in some way, since the Windmill area is from Sticker Star and the Pirate Ship area is from TTYD (a home console game)

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord

Am I the only one who's somewhat bummed that all of the Mario stages for 3DS are pretty similar aesthetically? I mean, they all function differently so that's good, but all three of them are based on the early grass stages of their respective games...

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
give me 'The Ultimate Show' sakurai.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Am I the only one who's somewhat bummed that all of the Mario stages for 3DS are pretty similar aesthetically? I mean, they all function differently so that's good, but all three of them are based on the early grass stages of their respective games...
Yeh, but on the other hand, grasslands are probably the first thought that pops up when you think of Mario levels.
Besides that, the 3D Land and Paper Mario stages transition into other level environments anyway, so you're not looking at the same grassland area constantly.

Top Bottom