• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage 2 Games Bi-weeklies For Brawl and Melee! - Cabot, AR - July, 19th!(date change)

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Whoops thread says april 4th which is a friday if anyone has problems with that i can change it to the 5th for a saturday.
I should be able to make it, but I would be a little late. I get off of work in Southwest Little Rock at 6:30 which isn't enough time to make it to Cabot at 7:00. I'd probably get there around 7:15 if I went straight from work. I'd prefer Saturday, but I can make it a little late on Friday just as well.

Vts

Smash Champion
lastest i say 7:30 about the same time as when the other one started maybe have finaly call at 7:35 then no more adds.

Also anyone going to Memphis for their big tournament i'm going to try and load up a car so 3-4 people.

also the store owner sold all his brawl copies so we have an extra wii and no game so if anyone is willing to let me barrow it you would be helping me out a lot :).

-peace vts

Vts

Smash Champion
VTS, I wanna go with you guys if there's room in the party van.
well more of a car but yeah you can ride with me iori called me last night and said he may come most likly :)

but! we may not have the tournament power is out in cabot, going to check if power is at stage 2 games when its opens.

if not we may have to call it off cus 12-16 people is fine but we may have 24-40 people cus phil said people were talking and thinking of coming.

btw chamberlin phil has you game or w/e you needed :)

i'll update this if it changes if not sorry people due to tornado and power outage no tournament. :(

-peace vts

Vts

Smash Champion
Well, power is here, I am here, your destruction is here, so its on...fa realz

My King Dedede is taking applications for minions. Its not so bad...good dental plan. Collision coverage. Free gym membership, buuuuuut...you might take a laser/sword/fireball to the face. Good times

On second thought, since everyone knows how infinitely awesome and broken my King Dedede is, just come drop off the money to me and leave. Atleast that way you'll have 'some' dignity left. VTS!!! OUT!!!

Vts

Smash Champion
Updated people!

also just for your viewing need the bracket!

Well was great for people to come changed a lot of stuff in the first page before you post read it cus it has info about melee stuff as well at the bottem results of the bi-weeklies.

Chad you need to bring that game you were talking about next time, and hope to god i don't have to face your olimar again that was ******** D3<<<Olimar (3 stocked FTL)

NES noob keep up the uber pwnage didnt get to play you though maybe next time. GJ on 1st

Iori!!, good to see you bro was fun time wish you would have stayed the night o well. GJ on 3rd.

Lance nice to meet you was fun playing against you.

Nite good to see your willing to play brawl some what lol GJ on 2nd.

IHSB great to see you again and we need to watch spaceballs while tournament is going hehe.

Well Arkansas peps SHOW UP, there were 5 Ar-kansans (hmmm that looks wrong) and 6 people out of state, be sure to show up its on a saturday so be sure to mark it down.

Be safe people and long live melee i'm off for some zzz.

-peace vts

-Chad-

Slackerator
====Maps====
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Green Hill Zone
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza

Banned Stages:
Bridge of Eldin
Norfair
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Spear Pillar
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town Aero Dive
Wariorware, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Yoshi's Island [Melee]
Big Blue
Pictochat
Hanenbow

-peace vts

wtf~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vts

Smash Champion
Man i just played brawl and did 0-death combos with mario and luigi but when you fight a nasty i swear to god all they do is side step and airdodge this game needs some more stun on moves (besides ZZS's gun/down smash).

I'm really disappointed even more now trying to do these combos cus you hit the person then right away airdodge/shield/counter attack, this game needs an update from nintendo or melee 2.0 (hell i'll take a melee 1.5)

So anyone up to play some melee i'm ready to play that or brawl (mostly melee until new stun advance tech or some other stuff with tech in name lol)

Might pick up another game to get good at maybe back to Halo.

Well people give me call if you want to hang out or w/e getting bored cus no more fun games.

-peace vts

Vts

Smash Champion
Nah pikachu is the new peach of brawl downsmash is annoying.

man i need something to do to kill time.

well found a better t-shirt place where i can make the shirts better and different.

-peace vts

Vts

Smash Champion
well the tournament is not friday hope to see you guys there.

i told some more people and stuff but its Prom friday so hopefully people will come saturday.

i need few more wiis if you can bring one then sweet if you can't then best bring your entry fee.

-peace vts

Vts

Smash Champion
no its saturday i'm rather sick so messed up typing and its ment to say is not on friday so editted it and all smash bi-weeklies from here on out will be Saturdays.

:)

Vts

Smash Champion
yeah but i need more set ups melee til we die!

Brawl melee and maybe 64 (think store has a copy)

We need more people also i hope we have a good show.

after we are done playing we need to go to Waffle House/ Denny's. The owner may want to come.

-peace vts

Vts

Smash Champion
If people don't start showing up might just stop hosting these , you don't have to enter i know some people just came to hang out and what not.

thanks people from memphis for coming its good to see you sorry for the bad turn up i'll make sure next tournament to bring people no matter what.

-peace vts

Vts

Smash Champion
So i'm going to take a vote later if we should just keep doing these bi-weeklies or should i just make it game night with like $5 door fee with pizza and other games we will have all tv's with something on it and get few pizzas and tournaments with prizes (most likely money left over from the pizza's)
cus we could get some more people who would want to play other games with friend and what not instead.

Well i can get the other computer to start up to get the tournament results sorry but i can tell you the winners Iori 1st Chad 2nd and IHSB 3rd.

Well hope to see more people at this one remember its May 3rd and May 10th is Memphis' tournament so i got space in the car its me and chamberlin so far i think we are spending the night hope to be home at 1-3 pm sunday (maybe earlier).

Chad i want to play you again in some bust a move its fun but hard ><

-peace vts

Vts

Smash Champion
Don't worry iori is all talk... or is he ;)

Well printing off some Bi-weeklies flyer's to pass out to stores and stuff.

Also Beebee is out of school so i need to make some more calls and find out where people are and if they are going to come.

So far i know no body is coming besides the usual people. going to push for like 6-10 more people going to ask my friend from school to see if i can get a guess of some people who will show up, guess i'll make a sheet with YES No and maybe. (hope you guys don't mind if i take some of the prize pot to buy pizza's and drinks for peps).

also if you see people that you don't know or i can tell u that suck go easy so they come back if they lose real bad they won't come back so i'll use this term which i hate to use but i do it....sandbag, done got that off my chest and what not.

also afterwords waffle house again. maybe Wendy's maybe... kind of in the mood for it now really tempted to go out and get it now.....mmm chicken covered in blood.....i mean dip.

hope to see more faces also more wii's and maybe just maybe melee tournament after words.

C'mon people we need to show these memphis kids not to mess with Ar-kansas! (god i love proper english)

might try new toon for this tournament besides the D3 maybe G&W or something really random.

-peace vts

friz10

Smash Rookie
Well I have said this in person to the owner of Stage II. You guys need to get everyone emails and send out letters saying when turrnemets will be. Plus, 10$ are you kidding me, that is way to much. Atleast charge 8$ come on man.

If the prices are lower and I can get my homi down, I will come do Team Match!

Vts

Smash Champion
we will figure out how much people are willing to pay to play in the tournament.

well so far i know 2 people going and 1 of them is my crew member, kind of forcing him there hehe.

i'm ready to play again i need to hook my wii straight to the pc for less lag.

hope to see you guys there i'll keep you updated

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I kinda wanna do a $5.00 tournaments for Melee and Brawl... 'Cause $10.00 for every tournament starts adding up seeing that we're playing 2 games now. It would be like $40.00 total if you did $10.00 for singles and $10.00 for doubles for both games. I remember my roommates were complaining about how much money they spent on tourny fees that last time they went.

I almost wanna say that instead of tournament fees, we should have an entry fee for the building and have that money go to help out-of-state people out with gas. Just an idea though.

My time this weekend keeps getting taken up by so many people... I'll do my best to make it though.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Well I have said this in person to the owner of Stage II. You guys need to get everyone emails and send out letters saying when turrnemets will be. Plus, 10$ are you kidding me, that is way to much. Atleast charge 8$ come on man.

If the prices are lower and I can get my homi down, I will come do Team Match!
$10 is standard for tournaments =)

Vts

Smash Champion
i may make it $5 and have a bucket saying -donate gas money for people out of state- and you guys can have the money for gas (well i hope u use it for gas lol) well next one is may 17th updating thread once done here.

we will have doubles also this time and it will be $10 per team like always 100% cash return also if you have friends tell them if you have friends under 14-15 don't tell them cus i hate little kids and so does everyone else >D, no cursing like a sailor while those 2 little kids were there.

Ace i've been practicing maybe i'll be better team mate if we play again lol, maybe not lets do friendlies until then.

-peace vts

Vts

Smash Champion
Well going to take a vote you guys if you want to have a huge Smash Smash Brothers tournament (we will have all the ssb games/ tournament)

if you guys are up i'll post it for the summer so people have enough time to plan ahead.

well hope you guys come and show up.

-peace vts

Vts

Smash Champion
well decided to final add a real game to the tournament...Melee will now be a part of this bi-weekly!!!

we are trying to get more people so i threw in melee also for after words.

if you could bring your copies it would help a lot and if you bring wii's/brawl that would also help so we can get done quicker.

well hope to see you guys at next one i'll be back for my trip so hope to see you guys.

(will update with flyer later)

-vts out!

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
DML!!!!! Is the next one June 7th for sure?

If so and if I have off work i'd like to come if there's room =) Even with gas prices as they are it's not too much to split.

If not I'll settle for some sexay Munchkin action or maybe even some Battle Hunter =D

I'd like to see Iori play...

Vts

Smash Champion
whoops looks like i wont be back until june 8th so it will be june 14th the tournament will be held (don't think we are going to AZ tournament)

plan ahead for this cus it will be crazy!

-peace vts

Top Bottom