• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage 2 Games Bi-weeklies For Brawl and Melee! - Cabot, AR - July, 19th!(date change)

Vts

Smash Champion
Stage 2 Games Presents
Super Smash Brother Brawl And Now Melee Bi-Weeklies!

812 W Main ST Cabot,AR 72023 is the address.Visit Stage2Games.com for more info on the store and other Tournaments.

Show up time is 6:45-7:00 pm and we will get started at 7:15-7:30 depending on some factors u can call me and tell me ur running late and i'll wait for u or put u on differnt side of bracket. (501-743-9497 is my number)

Entry fee will be $5 for singles and $10 for teams.

Maps are same for teams and singles for brawl/melee we will go off mlg rules.

Pay out is 90%-100% (depends on if they want to get pizza) of pot 55/30/15. Remember before you leave to thank the owner for letting all the money go straight to pot and/or for pizza.

Double elimination.

Pools-2 stock 5m time best 2/3 (if there are pools most unlikly)

Bracket-3 stock 6m time best 2/3, semi/finals 3/5

Housing i can have 6-8 people spend the night if you wish to stay or not.

Results of Tournament-(sorry only the single brackets.)
3/21/08 http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii311/ssbb-vts/Bi-weekly1.gif
4/4/08-http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii311/ssbb-vts/biweeklyresults2.gif
4/19/08-No linky but winners were Iori-1st Chad-2nd and IHSB-3rd
5/24/08-1st-chamberlin 2nd-VTS 3rd- Taku5 (bracket later)
6/14/08- 1st-TTT, 2nd-ACE, 3rd-Chamberlin (no bracket 6 people brawl)

-peace vts

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
first post rarrrrrr! Oh yeah I'll be there too. Shouldn't brackets be 2/3 and finals and simi 3/5

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, if you could put a time that people should start showing up for registration and a time when the tournament starts, that'd be useful.

We'll try and show up to the next one though, like Lance said. =D

Vts

Smash Champion
Sorry this week has been crazy for my school with the school play and i missed few days so to much homework sucked.

Show up time is 6:45-7:15 pm at stage 2 editting the full rules and all maps that are counter picks soon.

After words will have party at my house as normal but maybe short on some tv's i need to get me another one or 2.

Give me brawl codes and i'll do a little online tournament.

-peace vts

Vts

Smash Champion
Well giving pretty much all the maps a try still by tomorrow i'll have about 4-5 more maps banned and less neutral maps.

Still testing them out but by the time the tournament is i'll have a full list with less maps.

Also don't think i put up there, no items.

woot new sig ftw.

Nite

Smash Champion
Well, I'ma put my opinion out there since I've been playing this like non-stop since it came out. Haha. I also checked some other people's tournament threads and used my best judgment.

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Green Hill Zone
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza

Banned Stages:
Bridge of Eldin
Norfair
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Spear Pillar
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town Aero Dive
Wariorware, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Yoshi's Island [Melee]
Big Blue
Pictochat (Possible Counterpick)
Hanenbow (Possible Counterpick)

That's just my opinion though. I just disagreed with some of the stages you put as banned like Frigate Orpheon which I think isn't that bad of a stage, but not good enough to be neutral.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Random stages sound good, except for a few complaints:

Skyworld should be counterpick instead of neutral. So much stage destruction messes with people getting back on ledges and there's too many solid platforms where people can get smashed upwards and not go anywhere. Kinda like that part in Hyrule Temple where you can live forever, but to a lesser extent. You have it listed twice on your list FYI.

Frigate Orpheon is a counterpick for most tournaments also. The only problem with the stage is the whole turn upside-down thing, which can be avoided as long as you pay a little attention. This stage is one of those stages that's annoying but actually ok to play on(ie Rainbow Cruise). I personally don't like the stage lol.

Everything else is great. The only thing I really don't like is Skyworld on Neutral.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
The ban list is pretty good. I disagree with a couple choices though. The main one is Frigate Orphen. The danger spots are consistent each time and if you spend a little time studying it you can learn to avoid the fatal spots, and even use them to your advantage. Nothing on that stage is unfair. Stage related deaths are certainly less then say, Port Town, considering how insanely powerful the cars are. It should at least be a counter pick.

Mario Circuit, in my opinion is a bit to much for Neutral. It should be a counterpick due to stage deaths.

Also, you don't have the Pirate Ship listed.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I agree with Nite for the most part (seeing as I helped, lol).

I think Chambs and Seifer have good points, too.

@VTS- Sooo, since these are biweeklies, is it safe to assume that the next one will be on April 5th?

I need to know as soon as possible so people can take off work. =)

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Will we have doubles? Teams is the most fun in my opinion.

Look like at least me, BMW, and Seif will be there. Skye's at work that night, so he can't come :( We may or may not hook some others in to coming.

Vts

Smash Champion
yes it will be apirl 5th but it may be apirl 4th and 5th since this is the first one i didnt want to put doubles in it since last time no many people showed up but we can do doubles after words for $10 a team and what not and it seems that the last tournament was deleted off the laptop so i'll be sure to save this one to a thumb drive.

Well taking nites list and changing 2 things then it will be the maps we will be using.

Now the other wii with brawl doesnt have all the maps so there will be sheets by each one and it will have the maps marked off that he doesnt have.

Hope to see you there going to pack up my crap soon and head up there and bring your own controller forgot to put that there will be spares but they suck badly.

after words we will go eat wendy's cus ace is always like hey wendy's then we can come to my house and play friendlies for 5-10 more hours.

we only have 2 set ups sorry people havent found many people to let me barrow there stuff, also the tv's may lag deal with it i havent noticed any lag on the tv's for brawl but for melee it was once per match.

Tell people about it lets make this big for better prizes and more fun.

-peace vts

Nite

Smash Champion
Ok, that's cool. EVERYONE try and come to the next biweekly also. <3 Haven't seen a lot of you in a while, so it'll be a nice way to kick off the Brawl scene. You guy's know the routine too. Please bring setups if you can just like we were going to an INN Biweekly or something. Lance and I will definitely try and make it to the next one.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
As far as I know, everyone that showed up to this bi-weekly with me will probably show up for the next one. Maybe even more will show :)

I hope Nite and some more of the Memphis area people show for the next one. I wanna see you guys play this game.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
The entrance fee for the next one should be $10 =D I don't know if I want to drive a few hours for a $5 tournament, not that I think i'm gonna win or anything =(

Also, was there a doubles tournament, and if not, will there be one next time?

Nite

Smash Champion
From what I heard:

1. Chamberlin
2. Ace
3. Lvl9
4. Vts
5. BMW

I think singles should be $10-15 especially since the owner is taking some of the money. It would make an OOS trip more worth while. Definitely not saying that we'll win, but it'll make us want to come more, knowing that we have a chance at winning our money back that we spent on the way up there.

If we have time, I'd love to do doubles as well. $10 would be the standard. Not sure about time constraints though.

Vts

Smash Champion
Since this was the first one didnt want to make it to big just a start up price was really $5 since people didnt have 2 ones hehe.

but here is the bracket

Updating this thread again for next bi-weekly instead of making new thread.

yeah me and bmw had a D3 ditto and i won barely though was great people showed up i hear everyone is coming to the next one and maybe some more :).

Vts

Smash Champion
show up time is 6:45-7:00 unless you call me and say your running late, just updated the thread to show that

no registration early cus sometimes people just cant make it on time or had problems and forgot to call.

btw my number is 1-501-743-9497

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Nite I wonder if your Diddy is as good as mine :) 3rd place you know... hehehe

Vts

Smash Champion
If you guys read the new update on the first page it says teams now hehe.

also time we have to be out of there is like 3-4 am so gives us enough time for everything and last time we only had 2 set ups this time i already have 3 but short 1 so if someone has all the maps and characters then can we barrow it for the tournament so we can have all 4 tv's running?

maybe next time a wall scroll wont fall on seif during a game :laugh:

Vts

Smash Champion
we got 6 tvs we can use but i plan on just using 4 tv's until its get to big then the tv's from the front of the store will be brought to the back and set up.

btw thanks for letting me use your wii for the tournament :) just got the store all the maps so now we can use it also so were at 4 wiis counting yours so we should be good on stuff and i'll have the tv's numbered and i'll tell you to play on the tv's when its your turn.

Whoops thread says april 4th which is a friday if anyone has problems with that i can change it to the 5th for a saturday.

Vts

Smash Champion
k sweet will be good for more set ups and stuff

well my combo video is coming along slow (got 1 5s clip lol) don't plan on it being out for another 6 months hehe.

Top Bottom