• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Thats the way to do it Lixi. I'm not trusting anyone to come unless they talk to me beforehand from now on, after what happened the other day.
I ended up seeing WALL-E too. It was fantastic.

Dude what happened the other day?
Last time Geno posted here that he was hosting, nobody showed up except me and Sam (and Soma shortly). Don't ask somebody to hold smashfests if you can't commit, people.

Soma

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking we should figure out the whole hosting and who is/can come before the last moment.... Thats the only way to really avoid whats happened the last two weeks.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
"Don't ask somebody to hold smashfests if you can't commit, people."

not a smashfest if your playing one game out of three imo.
What's that supposed to mean? We generally play both Melee and Brawl, even though everybody prefers one over the other. If you're bemoaning a lack of SSB64, let me tell you that I still like it, but how many people still have a functioning N64 and controllers?

Teh Future

Smash Master
"but how many people still have a functioning N64 and controllers?"

I have one, plus one OK controller and one kind of OK controller. You can buy new ones at Slackers, I just never have because the only person I ever play ssb64 with is my brother who doesn't like to play that often anymore.

Tell you what, as long as I'm welcome to, next time you guys are playing and if I'm not working I'll come over and play some brawl, plus I'll bring my N64 with a couple controllers and we can play both. My brother might come too, not sure about that though. Depending on how many people do you usually have playing, I don't think it's really nessecary to have more than 1 system and TV for each game.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Ok everyone, we really need to figure out this FAST trip....
I have a Van that holds 7 people that we could take. Unfortunately an 18 hour drive without AC would be miserable especially since it will get even hotter when we get down there. The alternatives we have to this are....
take 2 or 3 smaller cars, or
take another large car/van if anyone has one that we could use.

Another problem is that there is no housing at the venue.... so we'll probably have to rent a cheap hotel and fit everyone in 1 room, last time the 6 of us spent like $10 each so it shouldn't be pricey at all.

other than that all of our other plans should work.

Another thing we need to do is find doubles partners. Signing up for FAST requires you to post the name of your partner so if anyone wants to team with me for brawl or melee tell me ASAP.

Teh Future

Smash Master
No surprises, but I will say that I'm disapointed in the lack of interest in SSb64.

Anyone ever wants to play, PM me and we can get together.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
geno, it says registration july 10th or something...at least for melee doubles im not sure. but anyway we do need to figure this out so can we get a confirmation from the ppl who want to go?

SamDvds

Smash Ace
lol st louis is so lame...step it up ppl me and geno were the only ones at FC last year and it was the best tourney ive ever been to....u guys are gonna miss out

Bozzar

Smash Rookie
Me and Loki are still going but im pretty sure we're teaming for doubles.
Whens the registration deadline?

MuBa

Smash Lord
I'll be coming to FAST :)

And I'll team up with ya Geno Brawl and Melee (Although I may have gotten rusty on Melee and haven't touched Brawl yet....btw I think I'll quit Doc and start another character)

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just got back from Chicago/Milwaukee/Chicago/Toledo/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Toledo/Chicago/St.Louis.

What did I miss?

Bozzar

Smash Rookie
Just got back from Chicago. So besides figuring out who all is going do we have a confirmed car and leave return dates?

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Leave STL Sunday July 13th
get there Monday July 14th
stay at house for a few days
head to tournament in Orlando on the 16th or 17th
stay at Orlando hotel or housing location until the 19th or 20th
drive back to STL

BTW did everyone go to Chicago over the weekend?

SamDvds

Smash Ace
geno, i cant leave the 13th i have a concert to go to that night so i would have to leave the next day

The_Loki

Smash Apprentice
Me and Bozz are registering today after work.

I'm assuming we're gonna have a smashfest on Friday so we can meet and figure out all the little details and get the final headcount.

Geno hosting would probably be better because he's closer to everyone but if he is having Basement Woes again Me and Bozz are always up for hosting.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
So Im officially registering myself here for FAST.

We better get organized up soon, guys. When can we all see each other next?

Top Bottom