• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

happypants

Smash Cadet
*is bear,and always hungry*

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒███▒▒▒▒██
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓█▒██▓▓▓██▒█▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▒▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒▒▓█
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▒▒█▓█▒▒▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▒▒▓▒▒███▒▒▓▒▒▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▒█▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓█▓▓▓█
▒▒██▓▓▓█▓▒▒▒██▒██▒▒▒▓█▓▓▓██
▒█▓▓▓▓█▓▓▒▒█▓▓█▓▓█▒▒▓▓█▓▓▓▓█
█▓██▓▓█▓▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒▒▓█▓▓██▓█
█▓▓▓▓█▓▓▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓█▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▓▓▓█
▒█▓▓▓█▓▓▒▒▒▒▒█▓█▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▓▓█
▒▒████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓████
▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓█▓█▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓█
▒▒▒▒▒████▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓████
▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ninja Detective Treppy: Free Agent, Costly Time, by Thinkaman

----------

Treppy slid down the banister just in time: The hamsters were saved, and so were the crown jewels. "I should have known it was you!" cried an evil voice from above. "Only a detective could have found us, and only a ninja could have stopped us! Next time you will not be so lucky!" Treppy simply laughed his big, booming laugh as he disarmed the villain's little red bomb disguised as a diamond and put it in his pocket. The Malignant Mistro might have gotten away today, but the orphans and the Gaysian Pride were both safe; it was a happy sunset once again.

However, not everyone enjoys sunsets.

"TREPPY!" The voice of the captain boomed when Treppy's giant grin walked through the station doors, as only a voice of pure bureaucracy can. "I have had it with your persistent failure to apprehend your nemesis! I have no choice but to aimlessly dismiss you from the force!" The news hurt Treppy deep, even deeper than the Scooby-Doo movie. He summon some extra Gaysian Pride to hold the smile on his face and leave with dignity.

As he left, Treppy began to look on the bright side and count his blessings. They might take away his badge, but they could never take away his Gaysian Pride! He still had his oversized magnifying class, his full wardrobe of ninja attire, and most importantly, his close friends. Heck, wasn't this all he needed to fight crime? Who needs the force and their paperwork!"

From now on, Ninja Detective Treppy was on his own!

Treppy began to think... if he was an evil villain, what would HE do? Well, obviously, he would try to take out the source of the hero's power! ...could it be? Were they after his Gaysian Pride? The Malignant Mistro had said that he would "not be so lucky next time" after all... He needed someone to help him guard his secret... but who could he possibly trust? He certainly couldn't as for the force's help... Wait a sec, what about his personal friends?!?

Soon, a variety of STL smashers were being shown the SECRET GAYSIAN HIDEOUT in it's hidden location under the Arch. (Little did most STL inhabitants know that it was built not as a gateway to the West, but to provide for the secrecy of Ninja Detective Gaysians.) Geno, Deku, Legan, the gang was all present and ready to serve! At the slightest sign of trouble, hitting any of 17 alarms strategically placed around the hideout would cause Treppy's watch to play a medley of popular 70s songs, or the theme of Family Matters if it was BIG trouble!

Treppy left his hideout feeling more confident than ever. He could finally fight crime his way, with friends always watching his back! He started to do a little 2-step number down the sidewalk on the way to his next lead, when he was interrupted by his watch...

Family Matters.

Treppy rushed back to the hideout, only to find all the smashers tied up! All except...

"Dekuscrub!"

The obligatory traitor character laughed his obligatory traitor laugh. He held his fist high, clenching something important, while making obligatory villain taunts.

"You are useless without your Gaysian Pride, Treppy!" Surrender now, while you still have some dignity left!

Treppy thought hard, then made his decision. "Only if you let the others go!"

"Hmph! I don't see why not, they have no weapons, and I out-tier them all! They can leave, as long as you stay and suffer!" The innocents left with haste, looking fearful for our hero. "When did you realize that I was, in fact, the MALIGNANT MISTRO?!?" Deku took great pleasure in his triumph, enjoying every word of his gloating.

"Actually, ever since you tried to impersonate the captain and claim to fire me."

"...what?" Deku was too confused for rage. "Then why did you--"

"To lure out the only person who thought it was possible to take away my power; my Gaysian Pride comes from the heart!"

Suddenly, Treppy vanished in a small cloud of smoke. Stunned, confused, angry, furious, Deku looked at the all-too-familiar red gem in his hand, which he now noticed had a note attached.

"I'm yours!"

-----

An explosions rocked the area around the Arch, though the monument to Gaysians everywhere stood firm. The STL smashers, knocked to the ground by the blast, frantically scrambled around looking for Treppy, nowhere to be found. Right as they began to think all hope was lost, Thinkaman noticed the Ninja Detective insignia drawn in the fresh dirt. All was well.

"Hey Kyle," a jolly passing figure called out. "Put me in your next story."

"Will do, Jeff. Will do."

----------

guys i may be wrong but i think this is art wut do u think huh

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Hey St. Louis / Clayton crew!

It's Will just saying what's up, I've been kinda inactive in the community lately but I played some games last night with Sam and Mike, Aaron, and Fleet from Brentwood. I'm maining Ness but I have a decent Link/Falco/Pokemon Trainer.

Anyway we had fun last night, let me know when you guys are getting together so we can play, hopefully I contend with you better in Brawl than I did in Melee way back when, haha.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Hey St. Louis / Clayton crew!

It's Will just saying what's up, I've been kinda inactive in the community lately but I played some games last night with Sam and Mike, Aaron, and Fleet from Brentwood. I'm maining Ness but I have a decent Link/Falco/Pokemon Trainer.

Anyway we had fun last night, let me know when you guys are getting together so we can play, hopefully I contend with you better in Brawl than I did in Melee way back when, haha.
Brentwood is closer to where I live than Geno's place in Ladue. If you guys have setups I'd be willing to go to your place to play.

MetalMusicMan

Brentwood is closer to where I live than Geno's place in Ladue. If you guys have setups I'd be willing to go to your place to play.
Leet sauce! I actually live in St. Peters. I only have one setup at my place but it's a 42" LCD and I have component Wii cables so it looks pretty sexy. I have room for another TV though if anyone has a small one that they would want to bring. My place is in St. Peters though, 63376-- Mike's place is in the Brentwood-ish area, about a half hour from my place.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
^^ the place Will is talking about is actually in U-City (about 5 minutes from the Loop)...i dont care where we get together just give me a time and im there!

*edit* since we usually all have to leave Mike's house around 11pm, and the lot of us usually stay up til 2 or 3am playing smash...I'd suggest Geno's or St. Peters.

MetalMusicMan

Geno has more space than I do, but I have my own place which means no parents :p Since I usually offend families and small children, lawl.

Geno's basement is definitely bigger than my apartment, but I've had like 10 people over before and it wasn't really crowded, especially with a second setup because we could just use my kitchen table for it or something.

I have a 2 seater couch, 2 sofa-chairs, 2 bean bags, 2 stools, and 4 kitchen table chairs and a table for them. So for seating I have a max of 12 seats. We could probably squeeze a third setup in if we had to, while that might get a little crowded, it's certainly do-able and wouldn't be all that bad.

I usually go to bed between 1- 3am on work nights, so yeah, about that time works for me.

MetalMusicMan

Brawl primarily. I love and miss Melee but I haven't played it since Brawl came out. Too much to do in Brawl I guess. I do still have my copy of Melee and all of the unlocks on my memory card though.

I just got off work, by the way, so if anyone wants to organize anything, we can talk about it here since I'm free tonight.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
ok whats your address ^^^^ so i can mapquest it. also, random's is an option but he lives in alton illinois so its a little bit of a drive

MetalMusicMan

Okay I PM'd you my address, I'm home now so whenever you want to come over is good-- it will just be me and one of my friends to start with but hopefully some more people will pile in.

I'll have 2 Wiis over here-- I have my one 42" LCD TV and I'm working on getting my 22" PC monitor to display a Wii through my TV tuner, but I've had troubles with it in the past, so if someone has a small TV it might not be a bad idea to lug one along.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
bleh...double dash is lame...64 was the best. anywhoo...me and geno are coming...Will u can post your phone number out here its safe lol...but probably a good idea incase some last minute ppl decide to come, they can just call u for directions if your not at the computer

SamDvds

Smash Ace
thats the tourney jesi wanted to go to...but since its evo...and evo wants items on...i dont know if we'll still be going >.>

Comma

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, another STL SSBB player. I read the first few pages of this thread... then the last 2, who knew STL had such a big smash community?

You guys all paly Brawl, right? No melee toruneys still being orginized?

And I just started to play Brawl and was lookin for some tourneys to hit up. I live about 7 minutes away form the church off Lindbergh that hosts a variety of video game shin-digs.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Come to glorious, scenic Paducah! Home of the International Quilt Museum!

MetalMusicMan

Speak for yourself.

I really have been wanting to smash lately. Coooome on st.louis
Yeah man, there is way too much Brawl hate. I love Melee, it will always be special to me, but playing Melee makes me remember what I like better about Brawl. I really love a lot of it, even though there is a lot that could have been done better, it's still awesome.

Top Bottom