• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB North Jersey TerraBite tournament 2 8/23/08

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
lol i see why brawlers are upset about how they feel inui's brackets. but listen to this, why go to tourneys if you only care about winning against ppl that arn't as good. if you all complain about that then go to what others call "noob" tourneys. dont try and win bc of luck in the bracket settings. jus play and focus on getting betr and trying to beat those who are known to be the best. stop acting like you guys are scared to play betr ppl.
on the otherside of the story, leave the seeding of brackets to pure random drawings and stop complaining. dont even say can you not play m2k first bc you fear of being placed in the losers B. i dont complain i get betr even if i lose. i would swear to this if their is another tourney that im at and any other good brawler is as well, i'll request being put up against M2K first. lol im sry to say this, but who wouldn't love to see M2K starting of in the losers B. sry M2K lol, ur a good guy i jus had to make a point.
PRiDE, your yoshi is awsome. misunderstood and underestimated yes, but what you have that others don't is the ability to take a low character and mold it into something ppl know and take seriously. i sure do ^_^

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
everyones gonna learn what to do vs the top tiers soon, spam got it right
even so, it'll take more than just learning lol. we all know what top tiers can do. the problem with it is whether or not you can predict 2 or 3 moves ahead to avoid and conquer

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
or you can just do things that other people don't know what to do against

an example in your case is spin dash, anyone that doesn't know what to do against that can only block it instead of retaliate (I don't really know what to do either)

that's where matchup experience comes in

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
or you can just do things that other people don't know what to do against

an example in your case is spin dash, anyone that doesn't know what to do against that can only block it instead of retaliate (I don't really know what to do either)

that's where matchup experience comes in
true but what i see that mabye only sonic mainers see is that mk seems to lag. lol that very well may sound noobish, but for all the sonic mainers we need quick reflexes and i've seen so many opening but bc of mk's reach...er disjointed attack,s hesitation is sure to come. not many of.... if that, no other character can match mk's attack speed and somewhat flawless lag in attack succession.

maybe one day i'll figure things out but as of now i will continue to have problems with MK's lol

PRiDE

Smash Lord
EDIT: Inui said Pride 3 stocked M2K once but M2K said that never happened. I'm more inclined to believe M2K
I never 3 stocked him. I don't even remember the stock count but I won only because m2k did not know how to fight Yoshi. Now he does.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
lol i see why brawlers are upset about how they feel inui's brackets. but listen to this, why go to tourneys if you only care about winning against ppl that arn't as good. if you all complain about that then go to what others call "noob" tourneys. dont try and win bc of luck in the bracket settings. jus play and focus on getting betr and trying to beat those who are known to be the best. stop acting like you guys are scared to play betr ppl.
This is complete nonsense. Ideally in results you should outplace everyone you're better than and get outplaced by people better than you. Let's say Azen and Mew2King fight each other first round in winners and Chillin and Chu fight each other first round in winners and the losers have to fight each other immediately in losers bracket. MANY mediocre people will end up outplacing at LEAST one of those 4 people. Additionally, one person should not have a free ticket to winners finals while someone else has to bust their a$$ off trying to get there. People who have the same placement should have played people of approximately the same skill level.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
This is complete nonsense. Ideally in results you should outplace everyone you're better than and get outplaced by people better than you. Let's say Azen and Mew2King fight each other first round in winners and Chillin and Chu fight each other first round in winners and the losers have to fight each other immediately in losers bracket. MANY mediocre people will end up outplacing at LEAST one of those 4 people. Additionally, one person should not have a free ticket to winners finals while someone else has to bust their a$$ off trying to get there. People who have the same placement should have played people of approximately the same skill level.
then where would that leave others who are less talented. for something like that they are always destined to lose. why should brackets focuse on keeping those who are already good. it is certainly unfair to the rest of those that enter tourneys that see how UNRANDOM brackets are set. that too are also rigged tourneys and should not be that way. if you are good you must prove it even if it means having 2 pro brawlers go at it first round. brackets shouldn't make those less skilled be fated to always getting knocked out first. yea i sound like im speaking nonsense but try and understand the reason behind it. dont always set tourneys that those who may not seem to have talent not be able to shine at least once in the spotlight. otherwise the way things are run is completely bias

btw, what you say makes sense in all. but i just find it bias that it seems that tourneys are rigged bc of favored brawlers. that's very bias

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
seeding is biased, but its also based off previous results (usually...) so whatever. mew2king. im taking ur money
lmao, well i'll promise everyone this if seedings so biased, i will request that it would be me that'll play him first, im sure no one would object to that if he'll only win.

bajisci

Smash Ace
you said yourself you expected to play bajisci late in the bracket. this makes up to winners finals your hardest match bajisci. not only is this ridiculously unfair to what m2k and atomsk had to fight, you also put velocity and m2k in the same area. care to explain that? stop overrating bajisci, you always do. hes overrated thx to you like every other piece of garbage in montage, and the sad thing is, iv barely seen him play but i can tell hes nothing like you work him up to be. i would be pissed if i were him for all the hype youve put on him when he just continues to dissapoint overall. you underrate everyone outside of montage, and overrate everyone inside of it. wake up and check out the community for real inui.

who the **** are u, i dont even camp with rob and i do better then u, and instead of resorting to camping online, try not sucking

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
slik if Pakman returns my controller I'll MM you. DK vs Peach (since DK is "low tier), doc vs peach,mario vs peach, luigi vs peach, pikachu vs peach, hell I'll even do pichu vs peach, and bowser vs peach. Those are some starters. I'm not doing every matchup because some chars are so bad they aren't worth using, I'll definitely do all the ones I just named off the top of my head right now though. I need my controller back from pakman first, I don't know if I'll do this at montage but I will do it soon.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol

I'll let someone else make the bracket this weekend and still place high anyways. I had to fight Hylian in winners early at FAST and then Cort right after that, and I still got 5th/122. :laugh:

Chibo, you are abysmal at every Smash game and have never won money or beaten top players. Fact.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I thought I knew how to fight Metaknight, and I actually win relatively often vs MK . . . and then I fought M2k. Just when I thought I might be getting like really good at this game, lol.

Or is it that you owned me so easily because you know very well how to fight Marth?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I thought I knew how to fight Metaknight, and I actually win relatively often vs MK . . . and then I fought M2k. Just when I thought I might be getting like really good at this game, lol.

Or is it that you owned me so easily because you know very well how to fight Marth?
He's played my Marth a lot and I do believe he's played NEO before.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
True, although I hear we have very different styles of Marth Inui. I would've loved to have seen, maybe next time.

And Blue, lol. WTF didn't we play? We're 2 and 2 right now.
oh lol, my comment was just being funny. but to answer ur question i think so. but i wont make another crack like that or i might find myself getting jumped by brawlers and their GC and wii controllers then tied up in a parking lot with wii nunchucks and gagged by a sonic doll

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
then where would that leave others who are less talented. for something like that they are always destined to lose. why should brackets focuse on keeping those who are already good. it is certainly unfair to the rest of those that enter tourneys that see how UNRANDOM brackets are set. that too are also rigged tourneys and should not be that way. if you are good you must prove it even if it means having 2 pro brawlers go at it first round. brackets shouldn't make those less skilled be fated to always getting knocked out first. yea i sound like im speaking nonsense but try and understand the reason behind it. dont always set tourneys that those who may not seem to have talent not be able to shine at least once in the spotlight. otherwise the way things are run is completely bias
wtf is this "not shine at least once in the spotlight"? If someone goes through Chillin and Chu then has to bust their *** off in losers after losing to Azen then gets 9th after losing to Atomsk when someone mediocre fights a bunch of people who are terrible and also gets 9th, how is that fair? It's absolutely NOT fair. People who suck aren't going to win ANYWAYS, why should they get EASY brackets while everyone good has hard brackets? That's GARBAGE. THAT is biased. There is no logical reasoning behind mediocre people placing high because they had bad opponents.

btw, what you say makes sense in all. but i just find it bias that it seems that tourneys are rigged bc of favored brawlers. that's very bias
It's biased towards people having skill? Because of the way smash is, almost ALWAYS someone is going to have a ridiculously hard bracket and someone is going to get a laughably easy bracket. Results are never going to make 100% sense BUT if someone is altering the bracket to make it easier for themselves then it makes the bracket horrifyingly bad.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
wtf is this "not shine at least once in the spotlight"? If someone goes through Chillin and Chu then has to bust their *** off in losers after losing to Azen then gets 9th after losing to Atomsk when someone mediocre fights a bunch of people who are terrible and also gets 9th, how is that fair? It's absolutely NOT fair. People who suck aren't going to win ANYWAYS, why should they get EASY brackets while everyone good has hard brackets? That's GARBAGE. THAT is biased. There is no logical reasoning behind mediocre people placing high because they had bad opponents.

It's biased towards people having skill? Because of the way smash is, almost ALWAYS someone is going to have a ridiculously hard bracket and someone is going to get a laughably easy bracket. Results are never going to make 100% sense BUT if someone is altering the bracket to make it easier for themselves then it makes the bracket horrifyingly bad.
ok, ur right. you've proven me wrong. i give credit when it's due and you deserve it. my reason isn't justified bc of not having concrete reasons backing my opinion. i guess it's betr the way it is then. but i still want m2k as my first match lol

Snakeee

Smash Master
Blue that's what I thought when I first started entering tourneys, but what Spam says is true. If there's no kind of seeding at all then a lot of things can go horribly wrong.

Edit: Oops, sorry I didn't see your last post.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
Blue that's what I thought when I first started entering tourneys, but what Spam says is true. If there's no kind of seeding at all then a lot of things can go horribly wrong.

Edit: Oops, sorry I didn't see your last post.
lol im up for understanding in all. but m2k wants it random lol

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
BlackWaltz: I did get a replay of you winning. I just watched it, and I played horribly on that match, lol. I got ***** for like 50 damage from 1 white pikman LOL. It was on Lylat. I actually haven't received my win from Ryko yet.

Inui, at the first Terrabite, you beat Umbra, who I also beat often, but he proceeded to ensure me that your Marth was better than mine. Recently, everyone has been telling me very differently. I'd really like to find out for myself.

Spam, you're too right. Personally, I'm pretty upset at the brackets, because with the exception of Umbra, the top players of my crew basically fought each other most of the tourney. My first lost was to M2k, and my second to Munk
and I do blame my lost to Munk on the negative effects my play suffered after playing M2k for the first time :laugh:
. Munk had to fight Ryko, then me, then R00kie, consecutively.
If I had known you were going to end up losing to Snakeee, then I would've beat you to take him out myself :laugh:
Furthermore, why did M2k have to fight Velocity in winner's bracket? That's also pretty silly.

Brawl Singles:
1: Mew2King
2: Kaiba (Atomsk)
3: BlackWaltz
4: Yugi (Inui)
5: Snakeee
5: Shadow
7: Munk ZB
7: Velocity
9: Dapuffster
9: Rookie ZB
9: Orion
9: Blue
13: Ksizzle
13: Eazy
13: Bajisci
13: PRiDE
17: Doom
17: Keitaro
17: Forfeit ZB
17: Pierce7d ZB
17: Jaymes
17: RJ ZB
17: Chris G
17: Umbra ZB
25: Alex
25: ROT8
25: Life in the Fridge
25: Ryko ZB
25: Wilson
25: J Vajaj
25: Chen
25: Benjamin
33: Leo
33: Tipo
33: Dave
33: GunBlade
33: Nightmare
33: Rhyme
33: Wind ZB
33: HTS
33: Spade
33: Kevin
33: Sam
33: Cyanide
33: Fate
33: Brian

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to the tourney I didn't go to?

Blackwaltz: rawr at tripping

Blue: I heart your sonic.

Spam: Your posts are too good.

Eazy: You should run for president.

Eggm: Your stepping in to point out peoples' stupidity is too good.

Rookie: I want to play your fox and learn from it.

Badger and Chibo: You guys are both cool you should chillax.

Inui: We need to fowkone ditto.

Keitaro: Ninja Edd is way better than me

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
spam......no words......i just can't do it. you should be a brawl debater and tournament bracket consultant

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
For future reference. Where is the downside in randomly generating the bracket. There is no bias and anyone who is meant to lose will. Only the top get cash and no one with massively easy brackets but little skill will get very far.

Edit: I believe it was either Inui or Diem in charge of the brackets at Terrabite 1, anyone remember what happened then?

Edit 2: I claim page 11 in the name of The fat penguin

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
For future reference. Where is the downside in randomly generating the bracket. There is no bias and anyone who is meant to lose will. Only the top get cash and no one with massively easy brackets but little skill will get very far.
Then i propose a request. why not have an invitation tourney, only the best and well known brawlers are to be admitted to enter. Im sure this wouldn't be just an enjoyable and challenging tourney but fun effective tourney to see where ppl stand and not wild rankings lol just a thought. i feel and invitation tourney would be really great and exciting.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Randomly generating the bracket means three possible horrible things can happen.

1) Crewmates, doubles partners, and people who play each other all the time might end up playing each other early on in the bracket.

2) The best players at the tournament might all be clumped together. Not only is this bad for them but it is also bad for everyone who got sent into the losers bracket

3) Someone might get all the people who would have ended up last if the bracket was seeded and get 3rd because of having a free ticket to winners finals

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
Well problem 1 is easily solved by people speaking up and mentioning early that they came with people X Y and Z and they don't want to get matched with them, its worked when i went to the NYC weeklies and as long as its before the tournament gets deeply underway i see no problem with it.

problem 2 is unfortunate but can be modified to an extent.

problem 3 is imo highly unlikely and anyone who makes it to top 3 actually earns their way there.

problem 1 doesn't seem biased if you have byes sitting around but problem 2 does. I guess my suggestion is starting random and doing as little seeding as possible in order to make people happy.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Well problem 1 is easily solved by people speaking up and mentioning early that they came with people X Y and Z and they don't want to get matched with them, its worked when i went to the NYC weeklies and as long as its before the tournament gets deeply underway i see no problem with it.
No longer random if you do this.

problem 2 is unfortunate but can be modified to an extent.
No longer random if you do this.

problem 3 is imo highly unlikely and anyone who makes it to top 3 actually earns their way there.
It's random seeding. Anything is possible.

problem 1 doesn't seem biased if you have byes sitting around but problem 2 does. I guess my suggestion is starting random and doing as little seeding as possible in order to make people happy.
Problem 1 isn't biased so much as it is unfair to ppl who play each other. Basically everyone plays with SOMEONE and if the seeding is random it's all but guaranteed that people who play each other frequently are going to be matched up against each other.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Randomly generating the bracket means three possible horrible things can happen.

1) Crewmates, doubles partners, and people who play each other all the time might end up playing each other early on in the bracket.

2) The best players at the tournament might all be clumped together. Not only is this bad for them but it is also bad for everyone who got sent into the losers bracket

3) Someone might get all the people who would have ended up last if the bracket was seeded and get 3rd because of having a free ticket to winners finals
That's a new outlook for me. After considering this, I kinda have to agree with you.

EDIT: Taiki, R00kie and me JUST (like 10 seconds ago) finish a big debate on this. Trust me, seeding brackets is better than randomizing.

Cowtippper: Do I know you?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Trying to hide something there Dan you sneaky *******? :D.

Do I smell a MM?
Might be. Might be. MM or no, we're definitely not neglecting a match next time I see you. Yeah, I'm cool with throwing some $$ on it, just so long as you know I got no hard feelings when I smack that ZSS. You're too cool for me to let you win :laugh:

@ pierce7d ignore him hes noone xD
EDIT: I misread what you wrote.

LOL

Top Bottom