• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB North Jersey TerraBite tournament 2 8/23/08

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Ah, sarcasm, thanks... Very True, my stuff is trivial to you top-placers and what happened to your bracket, or really just to everyone probably, but, cmon, what's listed is just totally wrong. Can't blame me for bringing it up
I'm not mean or anything. Really.
I'm just sarcastic on things that are able to target easily. "Brawl is more broken than melee and less balanced". Then I'm sarcastic about it.
But they don't care because they want their nearly inescapable combos (Which I miss too, but I'll be the first to admit at how lame it was). So then I walk away or stand there awkwardly.

In the end. We're not all mean. I just seem that way when people say stuff that I want to poke fun at.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Blackwaltz, you had a hard bracket, but that's just it. With the way Inui planned it you were supposed to lose to Snakeee and Inui was suppposed to beat Snakeee to get into winners finals so he can have automatic 3rd place and win money cause he knows he can't beat Atomsk or Mew2King.

Your breaking Inui's plans Waltz!!!! :laugh:

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I regret to report that the information on my matches is horribly incorrect. by the way this is "Brian"

What's listed is
- Winners' bracket Lost to Kevin
- Losers' bracket Bye
- Losers' bracket Lost to Benjamin
- Overall placing: 33/46.

What occurred was
- Winners' bracket Defeated Kevin (watch out for using ike's side-b, into ddd's open mouth at the edge, i get hit by it but it kills ike. GG)
- Winners' bracket Defeated Forfeit (dddcide for the win! nice wolf)
- Winners' bracket Lost to Velocity (ouch. i couldnt touch your G+W, and your trash talk is very excellent)
- Losers' bracket Defeated Eazy (that was CLOSE! nice toon link. i was sweatin' it till my u-smash just barely caught you at the very end, crazy high percents on both sides...)
- Losers' bracket Lost to Munk (you complimented my mindgames in the first match, but you really figured out all my tricks Mad quick. you commented that my DDD's a little too inhale-happy... and you're completely right.)
- Overall Placing don't know, but not tied for last, right?

(the order i'm pretty sure is about right - 3 wins 2 losses. and i'm pretty positive i never played benjamin)

How would one calculate a more accurate placing for those results instead? Does that throw some other results off?

Otherwise great tourney and great games everyone!
This can be explained by the fact that Inui lost the data towards the end and had to remake it, so he went by who he knew won and lost in certain positions. So that wasn't him being a prick. I know, shocking.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
nearly inescapable combos that are very difficult to pull off and fun to watch?
The one's that can also be responded to with a death combo of your own?
I guess those are so much worse than being camped until your eyes bleed of boredom.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
noooooooo no more brawl vs melee debates!!!!

*agrees with blackwaltz =D

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
you will help me make money if I win (usually I do thankfully) and that goes toward a noble cause. Thank you.
That's why I don't go to tournaments, you win everything.:laugh: On another note, how much were payouts?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Please, I had way too much fun for this thread to be a melee vs Brawl debate. I'll do my shoutout now.

Pride, GOOD STUFF. Remind me of your doubles partner's name again? Though I focused primarily on you, he must have been putting major work in if you two can win a match even if I footstool K.O. you at 9%. I was very impressed with his performance. And of course, you're too good, lol.

Black Waltz, TOO Fun. To be completely honest, I thought I was going to get ***** by your Olimar over and over. Thanks for boosting my confidence, and showing me that despite the fact that M2k can **** me with ease, I'm still more than just good. We're definitely doing that at EVERY tournament we're at. When it comes to you, all those matches were not enough. Like I said, TOO fun.

EMUKILLER, YOU HAVEN'T CALLED ME YET! TOO fun fighting you though. Lol @ you picking up Metaknight. This means that eventually, you'll start to **** me when we play. Try not to practice too much, lol.

Bluecheese, why didn't we play, wtf I'm mad. I must see how far that Olimar has progressed. Hopefully, we'll get the chance to chill soon.

Keitaro, we didn't play. I'm mad. I definitely wanted to see how much you've improved, and I definitely wanted to scrap some more people in doubles friendlies.

Blue: I definitely wanted another rematch. We're one for one, and I know what Sonic can do now. I gotta see what new tricks you're bringing to the table.

To the sonic that beat me in friendlies right before we left: OMG I'm so mad I forgot your name! You're too good. In fact, the only person who consistently beat me aside from M2k. Please read this and remind me who you are. I was the black guy wearing black shorts, a black shirt, with a white cap and white sneakers, who played Marth.

Inui: Seriously, before today, I didn't have a problem with you. Your reputation is as bad as it gets, but it takes more than a bad reputation to get on my bad side. I was ACTUALLY truly hoping that after meeting you, and getting to know you a little better, I'd find that side of you that the community often overlooks. But word is that you rigged the brackets. Considering that it's the Zodiac Braves that hosted the event, this now makes me look really bad for letting it happen. I hope you accept next time I challenge you to a money match in Brawl, I hope you accept, and don't try and counter challenge me to a Melee money match, since apparently you're confident in your Brawl skills because you win. You placed 4th, I placed 17th (ew, but it's what facing m2k and then your best friend back to back will do to you, lol) so what are you worried about.

Velocity: You're too cool madu. I'm sad that I didn't get a chance to play you, but I'm sure the opportunity will present itself sometime in the future. Thanks for being so chill, because I know that I'd have some serious problems if someone was messing with my money. And your offer to help with future tourneys is too generous. Everyone needs to take a leaf outta your book, and get on your level.

Benjamin, your game has come quite a way since I first fought you, and that was just a few weeks ago. After I talk with Munk about it, we'll see about you becoming a Brave. Also, you have to introduce me to this friend of yours that's interested in joining us. Keep representing Ice Climbers in a real way. And you better practice. I want to die when you grab me EVERY TIME.

M2k, wow. Wow. I mean, I know you're probably the best player in the world, but I still wasn't expecting that. Thanks for everything you taught me. I'll use it to take my game to the next level. Thanks for playing so many matches with me. I'll really use what you taught me, and put it to good use. You're too cool.

Jigglymaster: I really wanted to play your Jigglypuff, lol. You have a good Diddy. Diddy is still kinda rare, so it was good to fight someone capable of doing all of that, and good to learn that I'm capable of handling that type of fight (because really, I thought I wasn't). Thanks for showing me not to underestimate myself. Your Sonic was also pretty good. Mad people playing Sonic all of a sudden, lol.

Eazy, Atomsk, Snakee, Shadow, and Bajisci: You're all pretty reputable fighters in the region. Since I think I'm slowly on my way to gaining that status, know that I do plan on playing you at soonest convenient opportunity.

Snakee and Shadow: Hopefully, we'll get some friendlies in when NC weeklies start up again. I really gotta see what you two are all about in singles. You destroyed me and R00kie in doubles TOO EASY. Also, I must apologize for my crew negligence in initiating the 3 v 3 crew battle I'm told was supposed to occur. It's really embarrassing actually.

Cyanide, GOOD STUFF. Too fun. Keep improving that ZSS. Sorry about dtilt. BTW, if it makes you feel better, I think Toon Link's dtilt also wall locks, and I found out just yesterday the hard way (of course, it could be bad DI, with bad timing coupled together. It was WiFi, lol.)

To the Fox player I beat in round 2 (I think it was round 2, lol). For someone who is new to playing on a competative level, you're amazing. You're really fast (people tell me I'm really fast, but I can't really tell . . . I guess I'm getting faster). You have a few amateur mistakes which I'm sure experience will eliminate. If you study and practice, soon, you'll be right along side R00kie, representing Fox in a real way. I'd say your biggest weaknesses are being predictable, and not knowing how to react in certain situations. Keep improving.

Orion: Nice MK! Considering you just picked him up, you're doing really well with him. Too bad I didn't get to see more of your Falco (only 1 match I think :-( don't abandon him.) keep doing how you do though. Way to place well!

Zodiac Braves: I know that it's pretty gay that Munk had to fight me and R00kie back to back, but we held it down.
Munk, I'm also sorry that I played so horrible against you Munk. It was pretty clear my mind wasn't in the match.
R00kie, I know we didn't get our MM in, so I'll just collect my paper when I thrash you at my house this Thursday. Also, good stuff hitting people hard with that Fox. I'm very glad to see how far you've been able to elevate your game. Now hurry up and get on my level.
Umbra, I'm very surprised, because you lost to people that you're better than (no offense to anyone who beat Umbra, but I watched his matches, and he's MUCH better than that). Practice more, and get comfortable. After all, it's not NY, lol.
Wind, watch what you say, lol. As your long time friend, we know when you're being funny, sarcastic, etc, but this can come off as arrogance and can be annoying to others who don't know just how hilarious you are.
4fit, thanks for the lemonade, lol.
RJ, I didn't see you play the WHOLE time, except when you fought me with Bowser, and wtf was that about lol.
AND WTF HOW DID YOU GUYS (R00kie, Umbra, Munk) FORGET THE CREW BATTLE?
Ryko: WELCOME TO THE ZB's madu. I'm glad you came out to Jersey and represented Ike in a real way. Thursday is going to be too much fun. It was a really pleasant surprise to see you in Munk's living room when I arrive for pre-tourney prep, and
Naks: I know you're not actually a member of ZB, but you rolled with us, so for this post, you're an honorary member, lol. Good stuff trying your hardest. Anytime you get a chance to roll through with R00kie and Ryko, I'm willing to train you. I like to think my Zelda is very unique, and pretty good. Plus, my little sister's Zelda is mad nasty (no seriously, SHE NEVER MISSES THE SWEETSPOT ON FAIR OR BAIR, and HITS ME WITH IT MOST OF THE TIME I HIT HER AT LOW DAMAGE AS AN UNAVOIDABLE COUNTER ATTACK. IT'S MAD ********, plus she's just good.) Keep improving, and call me if you have any questions.

To anyone who knows me, and wants my number, but doesn't have it, just hit me up with a PM.

If I forgot you . . . I don't know how (I tried to be pretty thorough, lol) let me know and I'll include it. Even I make mistakes.

Zodiac Braves will be doing this again, and we hope to see you all at the next one!
And we'll have a keener gaze on the brackets and the pot.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I'm guessing u guys couldnt combo in melee:(
Sorry the techskill demands were 2 rough lol
I don't think I've heard one person who was good in melee complain about the combos...coinkydink?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
yea, i don't think it should go down as him only using marth on the character tournament placings.. he used snake just as much, i think :/
I saw him use it in doubles (as well as pit when velocity blasted him with the luckiest 9 hammer in history) but otherwise in singles I saw snake most of the time, and falco once >_>

Velocity - Why are we trying to cash a bill?
I kept telling you it was a bill, I figured you knew something I didn't.
I DID know something I didn't... and it wasn't that.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Blackwaltz, you had a hard bracket, but that's just it. With the way Inui planned it you were supposed to lose to Snakeee and Inui was suppposed to beat Snakeee to get into winners finals so he can have automatic 3rd place and win money cause he knows he can't beat Atomsk or Mew2King.

This makes me want to MM Inui :mad:
I honestly don't think I would lose.

EDIT: Wow Dan that was the longest set of shout outs I've seen in a long time. And, yeah I'd like to play you in singles. Don't worry about the crew battle, I figured it wouldn't happen anyway with a tourney starting that late lol.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
Sorry Dan, but my parents are flipping out about me moving into college and won't let me leave the house until all the packing and cleaning and other crap that has to get done gets done. I'll see what I can do but no guarantees =-/. Same with Thiocyanide and Bajisci unfortunately. I hope I can get a chance to meet up with you guys before school starts but... =-(.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea snakeee, mm inui
u would **** him

then when you ask him or beat him and inui says MM him in melee, just flail your winnings infront of him to make him jealous

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Pierce - Good friendlies, every fight was pretty good. When I was doing well, it was great. When you were doing well, you got me with some good kills! Sorry I don't talk much during playtime, (one girl complains -alot-) but thanks for you complimenting me when I did stuff. I tried to compliment you too, but I was like |D.
I don't see you on the placings, what did you get? Also, we never got a replay of me winning! :U :U :U
Well that means that you have a video killing Black Waltz X now! Haha. Hopefully I was playing well that match. If you host it up, mind telling me the link so that I can tell you if it's good to keep it up on youtube or w/e? I'd hate for me to be hitting you in the face with white pikmin or something. :S

EDIT)) Snakeee, that annoys me if that were what Inui intended to happen. We usually go 50-50, though it's like 1-2 for me in tourneys, right? Something like that. Still though. Expecting for you to win and you to then lose to inui is kinda of looking down on the both of us... I know he is mean and whatnot but uh... Thinking we are just some entrance fee money is really rude. Same for everyone else, as I could believe that if he thinks -we- are that level, he'll think of everyone else that isn't so good, thus just being extra collection money.

Pierce, Pride's partner was 'ROT8', who is -not- a Rob.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I'm just sarcastic on things that are able to target easily. "Brawl is more broken than melee and less balanced". Then I'm sarcastic about it.
But they don't care because they want their nearly inescapable combos (Which I miss too, but I'll be the first to admit at how lame it was).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXWfubQPwB4&fmt=18

I see one death combo in this video and it's grand finals of Shiz vs Mew2King. Maybe that's because they're hard to do if someone DIs well.

And Melee IS more balanced then Brawl. Sorry, it's true. The number of tournament viable characters are a LOT higher in Melee then it is in Brawl.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
People act like m2k wouldnt just **** people in melee with marth the same way he does with his mk in brawl. Kid's on a whole other level, it's just that he translated it quickly and easily in brawl and people have a long way to go to catch up. Is MK just that good? Absolutely but there are characters on that roster that CAN take him out.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
lol it seems that ppl fear m2k. im no one to boast but i would bet a money match that i'll beat him in a best of 3. my sonic has come a long way. but b4 i get carried away congrats again to m2k for being a top smasher......thats rediculous.....im sure i can be too i mean i main one of the weakest characters in brawl and still do fairly well. hehehe, but i must say im sry to what happened to inui. what a sad way to lose when playing velocity in that dbls match. down throw then 9 hammered at a low %. i give you my sympathy for that match stripped you of your glory.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
What?? Since when has a tourney not been won by a Falco, Fox, Sheik, or Marth and how often????
Give Xelic 60% of your Entry Fee: The Results
1: Xelic

Pound 3
1. Mango

Castle Fight Night #9
1. Alejandro P (Peach, Marth)

After agreeing to split the pot at Smashtastrophe 2 M2K played out the first set with Chu agreeing to all FD and lost 3-1

UCLA Monthly V
1. HugS
2. Luigi Ka-master

There are also a lot more(Silent Spectre winning with Falcon in CA, HugS winning other tournaments, Chu Dat winning tournaments with Icies, etc.)

Snakeee and Keitaro, since you think there are only 4-5 viable characters I'll MM both of you with Doctor Mario in Melee. If I win I get all of your money since he isn't a viable character and you get $5 if you win. Should be free money for both of you since Doctor Mario doesn't exist.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
If you want me to go ahead and post a list of how many times a marth, fox, sheik or falco won, i'd make ur list look like piece of dog ****.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
If you want me to go ahead and post a list of how many times a marth, fox, sheik or falco won, i'd make ur list look like piece of dog ****.
I could post faaaaaaaaaaaaar more I just didn't feel like pulling up results.

But guess what

Meta Knight (62 top8, 45 top4, 20 top2, 36 wins) - 1315.8

2 Snake (44 top8, 34 top4, 21 top2, 23 wins) - 1011.2

3 King Dedede[used extensively by Mew2King for months] (31 top8, 22 top4, 12 top2, 10 wins) - 405.9

LOL 3rd most winning character doesn't even have HALF what first and second have. Even if you only think Fox, Falco, Marth, and Sheik are viable, which is bull****, Melee would STILL have more than twice the balance as Brawl :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Also Jesiah, MM me with any of those 4 characters and I'll use Doctor Mario. I win, I get all your money. You win, you get $5. Free money for you since Doctor Mario doesn't exist.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Don't get me wrong the characters at the top right now are pretty broken, but also it's a newer game and people are riding the high tier too much. You should know from my example that there's more characters that can win in this game.

And no I won't MM because I'm really rusty in Melee there's no point.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Yeah.. It's like how New York had to step it up here.. but there were like... 10 to 1 people there.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
how and in what way is that a popularity list!? i mean just as snakeee said, ppl rely on characters ability more tha rather their own. true and all yes MK snake and DDD and as well as GAW are pretty broken. but at the same time it's a lil ride on poularity BC of what was broken and what wins tourneys. right now thats what the brawl community rides on right now untill someone discovers something else. like i believe luigi can be pretty broken if ppl give him a chance. he has insane priorty as well as quick effective smash attacks that kill well below 100%

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
you're absoluty right. but then that leaves one question, what would break that barrier, the loss in liking MK snake ddd and GAW? i simply put it this way, just as i use sonic im sure ppl can make any character acceptable regaurdless of tiers. yes they exist indeed, but what makes them good are the ability of the user that incorporate those abilities to make them work and adapt to different characters. And i see you do rely on skill but that with any brawler could be asked into question. Do brawlers skill come from just knowing priorty or their ability to think three steps ahead of their opp. bc for most ppl that use MK ddd or snake is bc of the power priorty they have and only use it to counter. and that alone will only take them but so far. i think ppl should explore the different adaptablities of characters yet alone jus what out priortize others. am i right. so what skill do many brawlers today have besides jus using characters that they believe overpower their opponents?

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
You should know from my example that there's more characters that can win in this game.
?? Did I miss something? When did you post an example? Or are you talking about how you do in tournaments?

Mew2King said:
i don't think that's a good way to make lists, it's more of a character popularity list than a who's better than who list
LOL Jason I only posted it because of the nonsense about Marth, Fox, Falco, Sheik being the only characters that matter in Melee. If things are going to be based on who wins the most tournaments then Snake and Meta are all that matter.

Mew2King said:
hardly any characters are explored in the game because everyone gives up right away.
You can have fun exploring Link and Ganon :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings

lmao you people don't know what you're talking about.

- Atomsk actually agreed to be on the same side as Mew2King instead of me because I had the great pleasure of losing to Mew2King in all 4 events at Smashtality, otherwise Atomsk or Mew2King would have been in my spot instead and nobody would be whining. That's exactly what happened, and nothing else. Even if I had Velocity or you near me, it would still be "someone I beat last time/usually beat" because only Atomsk and Mew2King were the ones I thought I couldn't beat.
- I actually expected Bajisci to beat Rookie and Snakeee to beat BlackWaltz, which would have given me a more difficult bracket going by rankings. Bajisci apparently either played poorly or didn't improve at all because he always placed well before this tournament.
- I only lost to BlackWaltz because he counterpicked a stage that should be banned, Pictochat, and then I SD'd at 0% in the 3rd match.
- When I had to fight someone that was actually amazing, Shadow, I *gasp* won. Atomsk and Mew2King were the only people there I thought I couldn't beat, but even against Atomsk I think I can win if I don't play poorly or make any errors that get me swallowcided or f-smashed.

Keitaro, stop doing everything in your power to make me look terrible at every chance you get. Or, at least if you're going to do that, do not act friendly with me in person.

BlackWaltz said:
EDIT)) Snakeee, that annoys me if that were what Inui intended to happen. We usually go 50-50, though it's like 1-2 for me in tourneys, right? Something like that. Still though. Expecting for you to win and you to then lose to inui is kinda of looking down on the both of us... I know he is mean and whatnot but uh... Thinking we are just some entrance fee money is really rude. Same for everyone else, as I could believe that if he thinks -we- are that level, he'll think of everyone else that isn't so good, thus just being extra collection money.
lol wtf I don't think of the good players like you and Snakeee that way. Since Snakeee beat you last time, I just expected him to win, lol. Also, I consider Snakeee the bigger tournament threat to me because I think he's a bit better than you and he uses a better character. Fighting Bajisci(who used to beat Atomsk and always placed high) and then Snakeee would have looked like a much harder bracket.

Thiocyanide said:
This can be explained by the fact that Inui lost the data towards the end and had to remake it, so he went by who he knew won and lost in certain positions. So that wasn't him being a prick. I know, shocking.
I didn't lose the data. Someone else did and they asked me if I could fix it. I had no choice but to just wing it when it came to the people that left early.

Shadow said:
yea, i don't think it should go down as him only using marth on the character tournament placings.. he used snake just as much, i think :/
I used Marth and Snake about half the time each, so Marth/Snake would be accurate.

@Snakeee: You complained about the bracket being "rigged" when you weren't on the same side as Mew2King and Atomsk and just had to play someone you beat last time? You seem to cry about a bracket no matter what it is when it comes to singles.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
lol well i would say yes link and Ganon has a long way to go until they could even make a slight mark in tourneys. but wouldn't everyone say the same for sonic? lol i jus simply wish that things wasn't as said to be set in stone what characters can and cannot win tourneys. what would then be the excuse for my sonic winning a huge tourney. lol prolly oh i got lucky or i skimmed by bc of beating ppl that were less talented XD

Snakeee

Smash Master
I wasn't complaining about the singles bracket being rigged for me, I was complaining for everyone else. However, you did put M2K and Velocity on our bracket in teams so I win that argument either way.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I wasn't complaining about the singles bracket being rigged for me, I was complaining for everyone else. However, you did put M2K and Velocity on our bracket in teams so I win that argument either way.
You act as if the top 3 teams could have lost to any of the other teams there. The gap between the top 3 teams and every other team was really, really big. XD

Nothing was rigged. Atomsk said I could put him with M2K instead of me, so I took him up on that offer. That's all that happened.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Not that it would have made much of a difference Vex could have came because he didn't know Velocity was going, but if we did. We woulda teamed cause were in the same crew. I wouldn't be just teaming with a random partner >__>

We'd be one of the better teams but definatly wouldn't have assured us the top 3.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Man I love brawl drama. The whole melee vs brawl balance argument is a fun sideshow too. *gets more popcorn* Spammer is ****** btw. I was gonna stop eating this popcorn and back him up but theres no reason to so far. One thing I'd like to point out, is that UCLA tournament had 150 entrants and about 30 shiek/falco/fox/marths directly under the mid tier samus champion and the low tier runner up.

As long as your playing anyone from the mid tier and above including DK/luigi the better player is going to win 75% of the time IMO.

I kinda agree the rest of the characters kinda have no chance, but what game doesn't have characters like that?

Top Bottom