• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB North Jersey TerraBite tournament 2 8/23/08

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
lol well i would say yes link and Ganon has a long way to go until they could even make a slight mark in tourneys. but wouldn't everyone say the same for sonic? lol i jus simply wish that things wasn't as said to be set in stone what characters can and cannot win tourneys. what would then be the excuse for my sonic winning a huge tourney. lol prolly oh i got lucky or i skimmed by bc of beating ppl that were less talented XD
Actually WIN a tournament with ppl like Azen, Chu, Mew2King, Plank etc. in your bracket then you can say something :laugh:

Sadaharu Inui said:
Atomsk actually agreed to be on the same side as Mew2King instead of me because I had the great pleasure of losing to Mew2King in all 4 events at Smashtality, otherwise Atomsk or Mew2King would have been in my spot instead and nobody would be whining.
That's nice. Now if Azen and Jason agree to play each other R1, does that mean the bracket would be fair if they did? No.

Sadaharu Inui said:
Even if I had Velocity or you near me, it would still be "someone I beat last time/usually beat" because only Atomsk and Mew2King were the ones I thought I couldn't beat.
You're 3-0 with Bajisci in sets. AiB says you're 0-3 with Velocity. Even if that's because he hasn't confirmed his attendance at some tournaments Clash of Titans III was end of May and you lost to him there. The next time you played him was July 6th and you won. The last time you played him before that was Rage Studios with its terrible ruleset in the beginning of April. I'm pretty sure Velocity would have had a better chance.

And Atomsk and Mew2King were both not in your bracket anyways.

Sadaharu Inui said:
- I actually expected Bajisci to beat Rookie and Snakeee to beat BlackWaltz, which would have given me a more difficult bracket going by rankings. Bajisci apparently either played poorly or didn't improve at all because he always placed well before this tournament.
I don't care if it's going by rankings, your tournament record with Bajisci is 3-0. He lost to a Fox, who does good vs ROB, that took you to R3 last stock high %. I somehow doubt you consider him a threat when you boasted that you would beat any ROB by going Pit and camping for 7 minutes. Even IF you DID consider him a threat, that would be the first person you consider to be any challenge at all who you beat in 3 sets and never lost to....in round FOUR of winners. Snakeee beating Black Waltz wouldn't have affected your placement if you lost to Snakeee because you lost to Black Waltz. This is also maaaad late into the bracket, R5 in winners. The next match was winners finals.

Sadaharu Inui said:
- When I had to fight someone that was actually amazing, Shadow, I *gasp* won. Atomsk and Mew2King were the only people there I thought I couldn't beat, but even against Atomsk I think I can win if I don't play poorly or make any errors that get me swallowcided or f-smashed.
I heard you won because he went to shuttle loop you and you got lucky because your uptilt somehow hit him when you were on a platform and he was under you. Furthermore, I heard you screamed "YES!" really loudly and then threw your controller cuz you were so happy at the result.

Sadaharu Inui said:
Also, I consider Snakeee the bigger tournament threat to me because I think he's a bit better than you and he uses a better character.
Really now. So who said this?

Sadaharu Inui on August 14th said:
Snakeee sucks against Marth. I ***** him and he even lost to Emblem Lord.
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sadaharu Inui said:
Fighting Bajisci(who used to beat Atomsk and always placed high) and then Snakeee would have looked like a much harder bracket.
It still would have looked like you were trying to make it as easy as possible for yourself to get to winners finals as your record with Bajisci is 3-0 and because you "*****" Snakeee.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
In a rush sorry:(
WOW is everyone serious for even arguing with spam?
The list of tourny viable characters is waaaaay heavier on melee's side simply because of how strong the top chars in brawl are.

Melee you had marth, sheik, falco, fox, peach, falcon, samus, ic's, jiggs, dr. mario, luigi, and dk all of whom were PLAYABLE. The discussion went from playable, to tourny winnable which is a diff discussion.(Not including the fact that amazing ganon, link, young link, and even BOWSER players existed. Most of them did decent in tournament, and have taken out high level high tier character playing players) N unless it was a serious countermatchup like marth vs boozer, fighting someone who played a lower tier character did not mean AUTO LOSS.

In brawl, most high characters simply shutdown all the options of those below them in VERY SIMPLE WAYS. This is what keeps many characters out of consideration as far as picking them in tournament. Granted some people stick with a character, learn some gimics and win even vs good players. I will attribute this primarily with unfamiliarity to the character that is being played. Whether or not those players want to accept that is a different story. But if Sonic, yoshi , zss were played all the time like the others, I SERIOUSLY doubt you would feel the same about making every character ususable. If those characters lose their element of surprise, they lose the one trump card they have. Then they become what they really are, characters with nowhere near as many effective options as the chars constantly used to win.

Yes, melee had rediculous combos and some amazing finishers. But even at a semi pro level, that was not the end all be all as far as matchups went. N those crazy combos you see have a great deal with reading di, executing whatever move perfectly, and constantly knowing what is the best move for the next choice. Brawl allows the top characters to **** without doing any of the things I just mentioned. anychar who can b cg'd by falco or d3 will most likely get ***** by them, Snake can grenade camp, and kill soooo quickly, and very few chars can deal with that strategy. Metaknight can run all over every character in the game besides snake.
Why are small exceptions being takin into consideration as if they completely offthrow the tier list or something? Blue beats people with sonic, that does not mean sonic is amazing. Pride wins with yoshi, he even beat ninjalink. So does this mean that yoshi is viable in tourny? You be honest and tell me.
If pride were to spend a week playing everyone in NJ, so that no one was surprised by the yoshi effect, what would be the results? Same goes for blue, or anyone picking characters that aren't present in the mainstream. They would lose a whole lot, and probably wouldnt ever get back to winning.

When it comes down to it, brawl HAD the potential to have many more tourny viable characters. The top tier however is so broken, that it makes picking any other character a huge risk and you basically make things 100 times harder for yourself. This was not the case in melee, even in matches where cg was really really bad, the win was still not automatic. Melee has GREAT characters, decent characters, surprise characters, and crappy characters. However, each still has their options. Sheik ***** samus, pc loss to hugs in that matchup. Sheik ***** link, tec0 loss to skler. Fox ***** peach, watch vidjo and spammer go at it. Falco ***** sheik but whens the last time one beat drephen? The distance between the characters in melee is so small when compared to the gap between the top chars in brawl and the rest of the cast.

Also to exploit that SMALL gap between the characters, it takes TONS of work. If you want to beat marth with sheik it takes alot of work if the marth is competent. Falco beating sheik, same deal. How hard is it to take advantage of d3's cg, or metas arsinal of options, or snakes ftilt???? Those three things **** most of the cast and thats not even half of the list of things that makes brawl limited when it comes to tournament character selection:(

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
lol ur right and i'll just have to prove my word. and not stick my foot in my mouth. BUT, i came a long way for a sonic mainer ;)

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
The list of tourny viable characters is waaaaay heavier on melee's side simply because of how strong the top chars in brawl are.

Melee you had marth, sheik, falco, fox, peach, falcon, samus, ic's, jiggs, dr. mario, luigi, and dk all of whom were PLAYABLE. The discussion went from playable, to tourny winnable which is a diff discussion.(Not including the fact that amazing ganon, link, young link, and even BOWSER players existed. Most of them did decent in tournament, and have taken out high level high tier character playing players) N unless it was a serious countermatchup like marth vs boozer, fighting someone who played a lower tier character did not mean AUTO LOSS.

In brawl, most high characters simply shutdown all the options of those below them in VERY SIMPLE WAYS. This is what keeps many characters out of consideration as far as picking them in tournament. Granted some people stick with a character, learn some gimics and win even vs good players. I will attribute this primarily with unfamiliarity to the character that is being played. Whether or not those players want to accept that is a different story. But if Sonic, yoshi , zss were played all the time like the others, I SERIOUSLY doubt you would feel the same about making every character ususable. If those characters lose their element of surprise, they lose the one trump card they have. Then they become what they really are, characters with nowhere near as many effective options as the chars constantly used to win.

Yes, melee had rediculous combos and some amazing finishers. But even at a semi pro level, that was not the end all be all as far as matchups went. N those crazy combos you see have a great deal with reading di, executing whatever move perfectly, and constantly knowing what is the best move for the next choice. Brawl allows the top characters to **** without doing any of the things I just mentioned. anychar who can b cg'd by falco or d3 will most likely get ***** by them, Snake can grenade camp, and kill soooo quickly, and very few chars can deal with that strategy. Metaknight can run all over every character in the game besides snake.
Why are small exceptions being takin into consideration as if they completely offthrow the tier list or something? Blue beats people with sonic, that does not mean sonic is amazing. Pride wins with yoshi, he even beat ninjalink. So does this mean that yoshi is viable in tourny? You be honest and tell me.
If pride were to spend a week playing everyone in NJ, so that no one was surprised by the yoshi effect, what would be the results? Same goes for blue, or anyone picking characters that aren't present in the mainstream. They would lose a whole lot, and probably wouldnt ever get back to winning.

When it comes down to it, brawl HAD the potential to have many more tourny viable characters. The top tier however is so broken, that it makes picking any other character a huge risk and you basically make things 100 times harder for yourself. This was not the case in melee, even in matches where cg was really really bad, the win was still not automatic. Melee has GREAT characters, decent characters, surprise characters, and crappy characters. However, each still has their options. Sheik ***** samus, pc loss to hugs in that matchup. Sheik ***** link, tec0 loss to skler. Fox ***** peach, watch vidjo and spammer go at it. Falco ***** sheik but whens the last time one beat drephen? The distance between the characters in melee is so small when compared to the gap between the top chars in brawl and the rest of the cast.

Also to exploit that SMALL gap between the characters, it takes TONS of work. If you want to beat marth with sheik it takes alot of work if the marth is competent. Falco beating sheik, same deal. How hard is it to take advantage of d3's cg, or metas arsinal of options, or snakes ftilt???? Those three things **** most of the cast and thats not even half of the list of things that makes brawl limited when it comes to tournament character selection:(
then what you said proves my point of the lack of ppl noticing the balance. once mk ddd snake and even GAW lose that special broken ability to someone who wont fall for it and not rely on jus a characters ability but your own. i would be more than sure more characters would def be viable in tourneys

Eggm

Smash Hero

JV 5 stocked in a brawl match. GOD ****.

bajisci

Smash Ace

QFT, unless sum ******** AT's are discovered in brawl since the game is still new, brawl is ******** and ridiculusly unbalanced with low tiers having near 0 chance of winning any decent sized toruny with good people

and i posted this again just to make sure everyone reads it cause its amazing good job eazy :)

and btw the day m2k loses anything to a sonic is the day inui makes a good bracket

no offense to u specifically blue, ur awesome

jk inui!!!!! lololololololololololol

(sorta)

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
QFT, unless sum ******** AT's are discovered in brawl since the game is still new, brawl is ******** and ridiculusly unbalanced with low tiers having near 0 chance of winning any decent sized toruny with good people

and i posted this again just to make sure everyone reads it cause its amazing good job eazy :)

and btw the day m2k loses anything to a sonic is the day inui makes a good bracket

no offense to u specifically blue, ur awesome

jk inui!!!!! lololololololololololol

(sorta)
lolololol well well, i look forward to proving that sometime by this yrs end. im no pushover ya know XD

Bug~

Smash Ace
Mew2King, is it possible for us brawl people to see you place top 3 in a big tournament with 80+ people with a low tier character. That would be fun to see :) and cool.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I'm just wondering how everyone has 'surprises' still. Sure, people don't play against Yoshis much but what do they frequently do?
Bair to ftilt/dtilt/upsmash.
Pivot grabs.
Egg spam (Also on ledges)

I mean Sonic?
Down B, SH fair, upB to dair?
DownB Sh B to whatever?
Down air off the stage to upB recovery to fair/upair?

I'd say it's balanced in the way of countering. You need to know what beats what and how to counter stuff. Shuttle looping while you are above the MK? If you have a fast hitbox on your bottom, you can get them. I spiked enough MKs doing this. I'm sure others like Peach and TLink can as well. I have no idea what the list would be but that's even more proving the point..

Short characters (Less than wolf?) can't be D3 CGed. I forgot Falco's, but I believe it's light floaty characters.

Urgh, I seriously like both games. Hell, I like all of them.. but I can't help myself arguing that all three are good games. They all had stupid things in them and melee oto brawl isn't any different.
M2K is right though, it's more a popularity list then anything. Sure the characters are good as hell, but if someone takes the time to notice you have a shield which makes snake's ftilt not as good.. he'll be up there. If someone notices shuttle loop to air attack to downsmash is ALL blockable, hell maybe even WALK UNDER HIM.. then it will be nice.

One day.
Also, that's why I give players like Inui, Snakee and uh.. others respect a bit because of how they can -win- tournies with their characters. If we had hundreds of Zamus players running about as opposed to MK players, the results would have Zamus instead of MK.

Quality over Quantity for tournament tier list.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Best people on not Inui's side of the bracket
Mew2King
Atomsk
Velocity
Shadow
Keitaro
Jigglymaster

Best people on Inui's side of the bracket
Inui
Bajisci
Blue
Pride
BlackWaltz
Snakeee

Blue had to fight Snakeee, the winner of that had to fight the winner of Blackwaltz vs Pride. The winner of that outcome(Black waltz) would have to fight Inui if Inui beat the winner of Bajisci and Rookie.

Inui had
R1 - Bye
R2 - Rhyme
R3 - Orion
R4 - Rookie
R5 - Blackwaltz(lost, worst possible position he could get at this point was 5th)
Losers
Shadow
Atomsk

Mew2King had
R1 - Bye
R2 - Jaymes
R3 - DanielZB
R4 - VELOCITY his doubles partner since the beginning of Brawl
R5 - Atomsk
Winner's Finals - Black waltz
Grand Finals - Atomsk

Atomsk had
R1 - Bye
R2 - Fate
R3 - Jigglymaster
R4 - Shadow
R5 - Mew2King
Losers
Snakeee
Inui
Black Waltz
Mew2King

Yes....Inui should have an EASIER bracket than Mew2King and Atomsk, this makes sense. Why should #1 in the world, Mew2King, get seeded better than Inui the Great?
your awesome man *high five*

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Not that it would have made much of a difference Vex could have came because he didn't know Velocity was going, but if we did. We woulda teamed cause were in the same crew. I wouldn't be just teaming with a random partner >__>

We'd be one of the better teams but definatly wouldn't have assured us the top 3.
u wouldnt be in the same crew at this tourney. MZ is online only. Vex is ToS. just puttin it out there :) lol

Nothing was rigged. Atomsk said I could put him with M2K instead of me, so I took him up on that offer. That's all that happened.
you said yourself you expected to play bajisci late in the bracket. this makes up to winners finals your hardest match bajisci. not only is this ridiculously unfair to what m2k and atomsk had to fight, you also put velocity and m2k in the same area. care to explain that? stop overrating bajisci, you always do. hes overrated thx to you like every other piece of garbage in montage, and the sad thing is, iv barely seen him play but i can tell hes nothing like you work him up to be. i would be pissed if i were him for all the hype youve put on him when he just continues to dissapoint overall. you underrate everyone outside of montage, and overrate everyone inside of it. wake up and check out the community for real inui.

brackets like these are proof of how you are extremely unfair to everyone but yourself, and overrate yourself and your crew members. its atrocious and insulting to everyone at this tourney that you can make a bracket like this an honestly think its ok and fair. and i dont give a **** that you dont care if people dont like you in the smash community, i dont want to hear that same lame *** excuse like i do everytime. its one thing to damage yourself, but when you affect the reputation of others and give other people ****ty brackets because you think its fair that you should have a clean ride to winners finals, its a whole other ballgame that you need to step out of, before your crumble the very fabric that is the community of brawl. i can think of atleast 5 people off the top of my head that entered singles at this tourney that are better than you. you seeded them like crap, and seeded yourself in the bracket as TOP seed. no wonder you never want pools done, because then you have a chance to lose your top seed that you can easily give yourself.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lmao you people don't know what you're talking about.

- Atomsk actually agreed to be on the same side as Mew2King instead of me because I had the great pleasure of losing to Mew2King in all 4 events at Smashtality, otherwise Atomsk or Mew2King would have been in my spot instead and nobody would be whining. That's exactly what happened, and nothing else. Even if I had Velocity or you near me, it would still be "someone I beat last time/usually beat" because only Atomsk and Mew2King were the ones I thought I couldn't beat.
- I actually expected Bajisci to beat Rookie and Snakeee to beat BlackWaltz, which would have given me a more difficult bracket going by rankings. Bajisci apparently either played poorly or didn't improve at all because he always placed well before this tournament.
- I only lost to BlackWaltz because he counterpicked a stage that should be banned, Pictochat, and then I SD'd at 0% in the 3rd match.
- When I had to fight someone that was actually amazing, Shadow, I *gasp* won. Atomsk and Mew2King were the only people there I thought I couldn't beat, but even against Atomsk I think I can win if I don't play poorly or make any errors that get me swallowcided or f-smashed.

Keitaro, stop doing everything in your power to make me look terrible at every chance you get. Or, at least if you're going to do that, do not act friendly with me in person
Wow, lemme post in big letters so it can look cooler too...

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF ATOMSK WANTS TO PLAY M2K FIRST ROUND THE BRACKET WOULD STILL BE ****ED UP!!!!!

I don't really need to read much of what you said after you said Atomsk agreed.

That's like asking Yes if Ninja Edd is better than him.

It doesn't matter if he says "Yeah, Ninja Edd is at least on my level" it's completely wrong!!!!

And I don't try to get on you Inui, not at all, it's just you do things and I don't understand how people just let it go by. Simply I don't want the bracket to be so unbalanced and Spam's posts clearly show how f-ed up the bracket was.

I act friendly to you cause I think your funny and a cool person. If I had seen you after I noticed the bracket being rigged I woulda thrown it in your face but you were playing doubles and I was playing singles and I left early but trust I woulda said something but even when singles matches were to be called you weren't there to call um.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Actually WIN a tournament with ppl like Azen, Chu, Mew2King, Plank etc. in your bracket then you can say something :laugh:

That's nice. Now if Azen and Jason agree to play each other R1, does that mean the bracket would be fair if they did? No.

You're 3-0 with Bajisci in sets. AiB says you're 0-3 with Velocity. Even if that's because he hasn't confirmed his attendance at some tournaments Clash of Titans III was end of May and you lost to him there. The next time you played him was July 6th and you won. The last time you played him before that was Rage Studios with its terrible ruleset in the beginning of April. I'm pretty sure Velocity would have had a better chance.

And Atomsk and Mew2King were both not in your bracket anyways.

I don't care if it's going by rankings, your tournament record with Bajisci is 3-0. He lost to a Fox, who does good vs ROB, that took you to R3 last stock high %. I somehow doubt you consider him a threat when you boasted that you would beat any ROB by going Pit and camping for 7 minutes. Even IF you DID consider him a threat, that would be the first person you consider to be any challenge at all who you beat in 3 sets and never lost to....in round FOUR of winners. Snakeee beating Black Waltz wouldn't have affected your placement if you lost to Snakeee because you lost to Black Waltz. This is also maaaad late into the bracket, R5 in winners. The next match was winners finals.

I heard you won because he went to shuttle loop you and you got lucky because your uptilt somehow hit him when you were on a platform and he was under you. Furthermore, I heard you screamed "YES!" really loudly and then threw your controller cuz you were so happy at the result.

Really now. So who said this?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

It still would have looked like you were trying to make it as easy as possible for yourself to get to winners finals as your record with Bajisci is 3-0 and because you "*****" Snakeee.

I really think I am starting understand/like spam.... ....

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Granted some people stick with a character, learn some gimics and win even vs good players. I will attribute this primarily with unfamiliarity to the character that is being played. Whether or not those players want to accept that is a different story.

Pride wins with yoshi, he even beat ninjalink. So does this mean that yoshi is viable in tourny? You be honest and tell me.
If pride were to spend a week playing everyone in NJ, so that no one was surprised by the yoshi effect, what would be the results?
Has my whole existence in the smash community been one big gimic?? PRiDE is sad... :urg:

Keitaro

Eazy says mean things to prove his point. He called my Marth in Melee mediocre cause he knows how to play it??

Your Yoshi is obviously awesome Pride, so is Waltz Olimar, and Baji's ROB, and Yes's Snake, and Rookie's Fox "EAT THAT EAZY :pPPPPPPP!!!!"

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
And my Marth :-(
See, this is why we needed to have played Keit, lol.

Pride, stop whining, you're too good. Even if people did know how to play your Yoshi better (protip, footstool him after he throws two eggs, because he always jumps right after that to recover) you could still win, because you know how to play other people, and Yoshi has good tools.

And BlackWaltz, the shield is too good, and underused in this game, lol.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You know, Inui, the easy way to avoid this **** is to just... not run the brackets.

If you insist on running them it's pretty obvious you intend to rig them somehow.

That's my 2c.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Pride, I've played you quite a bit now and you're still able to beat me so what does that tell you? This is the same thing I thought when I started placing with ZSS, yet when people had her figured out I just had to learn to switch things up and I realized I could still win.

And yeah Cyanide that was the shortest, most intelligent post I've seen on this thread.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Pride, I've played you quite a bit now and you're still able to beat me so what does that tell you? This is the same thing I thought when I started placing with ZSS, yet when people had her figured out I just had to learn to switch things up and I realized I could still win.

And yeah Cyanide that was the shortest, most intelligent post I've seen on this thread.
You see i told you lmao.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Mean things? Is your melee marth anything but mediocre? I mean i know what you are going to do yes, it makes the fight much easier. I know what m2k is going to do but umm yea..
Mediocre in the smash community is a LOT of people, I honestly don't see how you could call that mean, unless you feel you are more than mediocre when compared to the rest of the competitive smash community.
I am in no way disrespecting anyone who plays a low tier character. You all get my respect. My point however is more than accurate. If you feel I'm off than thats on you, because i assure you I'm not wrong.
Snakee you don't have to defend every person who says low tiers cant win. We are all friends so its not a battle of tiers. I'm simply saying that if the mentality is that every character can win, and beat eachother, what is the point of a tierlist?
The fact is, that is NOT the way it goes. You can set yourself up for some notable wins, and alot of respect, but playing garbage characters will not get you the win over GOOD players playing GOOD characters. Of course exceptions occur once in a while, but consistantly??????
Why do you even argue against this?
If you don't want you character to be seen as low tier, and get the respect that is given by u playing a character that everyone knows won't win then what are you left with? NOTHING. Everyone who mains low tiers uses the whole "well I use this char" when they lose. So why is it wrong when I say, that they will usually lose? Or that they SHOULD usually lose.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
The main thing is that, even if a low tier char gets the win on a high tier one. The amount of effort put into each ( in this game) is like 80-20.

So I challenge any of you low tier players to give me a list
This is a list of GOOD PLAYERS, who play HIGH tier characters that you've beaten. N list why you feel they don't win.
This can be in tourny, in friendlies or what. Show me all the players who have played you long enough, read your patterns, limit your options, and still can't win.
Should be interesting.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Is Olimar low tier? He's certainly not bottom or anything.. but I'm wondering if I'd qualify?

In advance, I can't think of any good high tier players I fight besides Atomsk. Who I'm 2-1 in tournies with.
M2K I give up fighting when the game says go! just because IDK, I'm lazy and feel like I may lose anyway, but from now on I think I should try just for the crowds that appear whenever he plays.
IDK if Marth is good on the list..
I'm 1-0 with Yes!.

Oh.. I have to play the person alot? Nevermind, I haven't played anyone for like more than 5 rounds a sitting while I try.
In that case no one, because I don't qualify.

10uselesspost

EDIT)) I also hate if people think low tier gives them a reason to lose and take it in stride just because they play someone 'bad'. The rankings are popularity over quality IMO still. When I get wrecked on face by someone who is high tier then I will consider changing this. Till then, the only person who ever WRECKED me would be the one of the lowest of low tier.
EDIT)) Which I won't say who it is, because luckily no one uses him and I don't people to learn how good he is and start three stocking me.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
lol u have me very curious as of now, although I have no olimar problems, I would like to know which low tier scares ze blackwaltz!

Keitaro

Mean things? Is your melee marth anything but mediocre? I mean i know what you are going to do yes, it makes the fight much easier. I know what m2k is going to do but umm yea..
Mediocre in the smash community is a LOT of people, I honestly don't see how you could call that mean, unless you feel you are more than mediocre when compared to the rest of the competitive smash community.
I am in no way disrespecting anyone who plays a low tier character. You all get my respect. My point however is more than accurate. If you feel I'm off than thats on you, because i assure you I'm not wrong.
Snakee you don't have to defend every person who says low tiers cant win. We are all friends so its not a battle of tiers. I'm simply saying that if the mentality is that every character can win, and beat eachother, what is the point of a tierlist?
The fact is, that is NOT the way it goes. You can set yourself up for some notable wins, and alot of respect, but playing garbage characters will not get you the win over GOOD players playing GOOD characters. Of course exceptions occur once in a while, but consistantly??????
Why do you even argue against this?
If you don't want you character to be seen as low tier, and get the respect that is given by u playing a character that everyone knows won't win then what are you left with? NOTHING. Everyone who mains low tiers uses the whole "well I use this char" when they lose. So why is it wrong when I say, that they will usually lose? Or that they SHOULD usually lose.
Meany!!

I didn't read a word of it cause I know what you were gonna say. Plus I did it to waste 10 minutes of your life typing. WATCH OUT FOR MY MEDIOCRE DIDDY TODAY!!!! :laugh:

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Is Olimar low tier?
Absolutely not. He runs all over slow characters with the simple strategy of throwing pikmin when they are far away and grabbing when they get close and he runs over every character that can't stop him from running at them and grabbing.

ChiboSempai said:
hes overrated thx to you like every other piece of garbage in montage
Bajisci not camping with ROB gives me more problems then you camping with ROB ;)

Snakeee said:
This is the same thing I thought when I started placing with ZSS, yet when people had her figured out I just had to learn to switch things up and I realized I could still win.
When you play a character that is rarely played by anybody, you have vast experience against characters that are commonly played and other people have little experience against your rarely played character. Link in Melee has a disadvantage against Fox, Sheik, Marth, Captain Falcon, and possibly Falco. I've done as good as Link and sometimes better against people who play those characters simply because they don't have experience vs Link. I know what I'm looking for my opponent to do and I'm going to punish with something they're not used to from any other character. I played Doyoung's Fox for 3 hours straight on FD with Link(horrible stage for the matchup) and after 3 hours he had won ONE match.

For all the time I've spent playing Link, I have a LOT of matchup experience vs top tiers and the vast majority of people DON'T have that kind of experience vs Link.

Snakeee, didn't you complain that you played Kaiser's Snake and all he did was alternate ftilt and jab on shield and you couldn't punish him? That takes NO effort to do whatsoever. How much effort does ZSS have to put in to win? A LOT MORE then Snake has to, to win.

EDIT: Inui said Pride 3 stocked M2K once but M2K said that never happened. I'm more inclined to believe M2K

Snakeee

Smash Master
But that's just one bad match up Spam. ZSS really only has a couple of match ups that are considerably uphill and I'm actually confident that she is at LEAST upper-mid tier, if not high tier. It's just that few people really play her at a high level. And of course it was a big advantage for people not to know how to play against me, but I'm saying I'm still able to adapt to them myself and pull wins.

Btw, I don't think Olimar is higher tier than ZSS, but I'm not saying he can't be. He still does get gimped, while ZSS doesn't really. Of course, that's not all there is to it but one thing to point out.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
But that's just one bad match up Spam.
You realize that Snake does that to basically every character in the game and wins like that? That is part of why this game is so horribly unbalanced.

And of course it was a big advantage for people not to know how to play against me, but I'm saying I'm still able to adapt to them myself and pull wins.
If you're used to someone's character and they're not used to yours it's not that hard to adapt to their style, especially considering there are very few ways to play most characters that are effective.

Top Bottom