• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
So today we learned that Sakurai is unpredictable and you can't just try to make a fake leak by using a pattern. And the MVBA logo was added to Little Mac stage, for those who thought that because of that, Smash Circuit was not his stage and him would not be in the game.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What I say to all the rumours.

You're dead son!

peachy!

super princess
Well, Little Mac is now my main! Also, note how his recovery is pretty bad; this is how Sakurai is balancing the game! Little Mac is very quick, and powerful, but he has a weak point--recovering to the stage. I AM EXCITED! HALF OF THE LEAKS BE GONE!
Yeah, that’s definitely one of, if not the worst, recovery moves in the game. It is just shameful.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
In Mac's trailer during the game play footage his trainer guy explicitly states that Mac is not an air fighter, this may disprove the 'leak' that said he had good recovery.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
The Diddy/Dedede and the GaeozHero Leaks need to be moved to Dead Leaks. The NeoGAF leak needs to be removed from Dead Leaks, there is no reason for it to be in Dead Leaks when the user never said they would be revealed at E3, just that those characters were in the game. This list is a farce until those changes can be made

Because even if all the characters get included, the claims of the leaker still didn't come to fruition.
He never said they would be shown at E3, all the original post said was that those characters were in the game

Last edited:

Doc Croca

Smash Rookie
Pretty happy to see Lil' Mac make his way into SSB4

And even more happy to see all these leaks fall off like flies !

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
I swear to god there was a leak who said Little Mac's homefield was the Boxing Ring, his speed was incredible and his recovery sucked
Right, I remember this too. Someone also mentioned him having a power meter thing as well if I'm not mistaken. Really not sure where that was from though

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
The Translator Leak is still alive, right?

Sakurai could easily have changed his mind about the order of the Newcomer reveals.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Time to get to that there OP I guess...

Once I'm done if you still see anything amiss please let me know.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
The Neoseeker one did, having said that it's not that hard to guess he'd be quick and that was his homefield.
"Little Mac is quick and has good recovery"
Well if his Up-B is anything like what was shown in the trailer that seems to be his weak point in fact. But yes that was the one I was thinking of just messed up the last part xP

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm not going to say it... oh, heck.

THHHHHEEEEE MAAAAAAACCC ISSSS BAAAAACCCCKKK BABY!

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I think any "leak" that claims to know when things are going to be shown is probably false.
I can't imagine anybody but the core of the development team has access to that kind of information.

No, now I've changed my mind and would like to watch you all squirm uncomfortably. :evil:

It's been a hour (and much less since the Direct ended), no one's gonna die.
More importantly, I think you should update your sig.

Last edited:

Kef

Smash Apprentice
From quickly going over your list Green, the following bite the dust:
- Glass Joe Leak
- IGN Leak
- Veteran Leak
- Soundguy Leak

My favorite with Chrom&Lucina is still standing. yes

lilt

Smash Journeyman
What if some leakers got information that were real, but because of leaking it, the smash bros developers changed their order of releasing their information, to make the leak "false".. I find it stupid to say a leak is wrong, just because something didn't happen at the leaked time.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
"Little Mac is quick and has good recovery"
Well if his Up-B is anything like what was shown in the trailer that seems to be his weak point in fact. But yes that was the one I was thinking of just messed up the last part xP
Whoops, thought for sure it said the opposite about the recovery. XD

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to point out that almost everyone here believes the e3 leak. It has managed to tell us 4 newcomers, a feat not one single leak has yet to do. We already know that many things change at e3. I give e3 leaks a bit more leeway than other leaks that state specific dates. E3 is known to be crazy. Remember when Retro was going to show its new game for e3 2012 and was a complete no show?

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178818

http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2012/06/07/e3-2012-reggie-on-retro-studios-no-show/

A good example of how Nintendo changes plans last minute. Since there is an enormous possibility of Nintendo changing plans I don't like the idea of throwing the baby out with the bath water ... so to speak. That rumor really doesn't belong in the same class as the others -- which have pretty inflexible predictions.

Perhaps a mod could put it in a new category. Maybe not live, and maybe not disproven but it makes no sense to have it where it is now.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Watch it, now a deconfirmed leak will have the same roster as the final game but wrong reveal dates.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I hate how you guys give credibility to horrible leaks and let them hang around for way longer than needed. Sakurai and Nintendo don't change their minds on this kind of stuff. If a leaker gives specific days for reveals, and that day comes to pass with nothing happening, you say "THEY MUST'VE CHANGED THEIR MINDS". At this rate no leaks will be debunked

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Alright, the OP has been updated, and the Dedede/Diddy and Sound Guy leaks are now dead. Feel free to comb the OP for something I might've missed.
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod @BKupa666
Anything else you'd suggested fixing/adding?

He never said they would be shown at E3, all the original post said was that those characters were in the game
The original post was someone predicting the six characters. Once three were revealed the leak was "elaborated" that it was actually someone who knew that information prior to E3 and that all six would be shown.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I hate how you guys give credibility to horrible leaks and let them hang around for way longer than needed. Sakurai and Nintendo don't change their minds on this kind of stuff. If a leaker gives specific days for reveals, and that day comes to pass with nothing happening, you say "THEY MUST'VE CHANGED THEIR MINDS". At this rate no leaks will be debunked
That's totally possible for E3 if nothing else, as we know for a fact that's happened in the past with Nintendo.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
The point was that Tetris doesn't need a rep. I just think it's stupid for anyone to think that Tetris would get a rep. And yeah that should be what happens because I don't want Punch Out to have a rep, even if I do find the NES game to be fun.
Thank god almighty you're not Sakurai.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Am I the only one who thinks that the Neogaf E3 Unknown Leaker (6/10/13) actually has a lot of credibility due to the fact that Little Mac was revealed?

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I kind of believe myself that some of these reveal dates are not set in stone as we would like to believe. I suppose strictness is necessary. I just feel like this same strictness could indeed cause us to throw out a rumor that ultimately still gets the important details right.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
The Translator Leak is still alive, right?

Sakurai could easily have changed his mind about the order of the Newcomer reveals.
If we're playing by that logic I'd go as far as to say the Neogaf E3 leak is fairly legit and just not everyone was revealed then.
I mean who the hell guesses Wii Fit Trainer and Villager(not just "animal crossing character" or anything but the same name as in SSB).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom