• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
If I was Sakurai, not a single one of the newcomers in, would be in the game.
I know i mentioned this before, but I strongly urge you to DL a copy of mugen and go nuts. Hell, you can even add yourself with enough work. My friend did.

In other news, please tell me the Wii Fit Trainer booty attack leak is dead.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I kind of believe myself that some of these reveal dates are not set in stone as we would like to believe. I suppose strictness is necessary. I just feel like this same strictness could indeed cause us to throw out a rumor that ultimately still gets the important details right.
Yep, I agree. **** happens as well, so I imagine that they decided to reveal the other three at a later date.

No way in hell does a person guess or speculate not just Megaman, not even just Villager, but Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer as well?! Totally crazy.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Alright, the OP has been updated, and the Dedede/Diddy and Sound Guy leaks are now dead. Feel free to comb the OP for something I might've missed.
@GreenReaperGod @ BKupa666 BKupa666
Anything else you'd suggested fixing/adding?

The original post was someone predicting the six characters. Once three were revealed the leak was "elaborated" that it was actually someone who knew that information prior to E3 and that all six would be shown.
the neoseeker leak plainly claimed that Little Mac would have a good recovery but the exact opposite was shown and stated in the trailer.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
the neoseeker leak plainly claimed that Little Mac would have a good recovery but the exact opposite was shown and stated in the trailer.
inb4 his side b is the best horizontal recovery in the game

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
the semi commentary by his trainer during the game play footage.
I see. Well I'm holding off until some more official proof is given or more of the moveset is fleshed out. Yeah his up special doesn't look particularly good (for recovery), but there's more to a recovery game than that.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I know i mentioned this before, but I strongly urge you to DL a copy of mugen and go nuts. Hell, you can even add yourself with enough work. My friend did.

In other news, please tell me the Wii Fit Trainer booty attack leak is dead.
Could you please stop saying that? I hate Mugen, and I just feel like I rather have other Nintendo characters in a Nintendo All star game. You act like the characters that I want in, aren't plausible at all, even though many of them actually are.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
inb4 his side b is the best horizontal recovery in the game
From watching the trailer his Side B is that jump forward strike(first move he uses)
Could work last resort but lmfao that isnt enough to mitigate that Up B

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
ITT:

People ignoring dates and events where characters are supposed to be revealed in order to keep leaks alive

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
I see. Well I'm holding off until some more official proof is given or more of the moveset is fleshed out. Yeah his up special doesn't look particularly good (for recovery), but there's more to a recovery game than that.
The original text of the leak said "He is very quick and has a decent recovery so Little Mac is hard to KO." but the trailer emphasized the opposite for his recovery and Mac being Quick was a fairly easy guess.
(edit) (hope I am not being too much of a pest over this)

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Mac's inclusion alone shouldn't convince anyone of anything.

If ANY character was a shoe-in, it was Little Mac.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah... of the six, Mac (and Mega Man) were clearly the ones with the best odds. This should surprise no one.

The original text of the leak said "He is very quick and has a decent recovery so Little Mac is hard to KO." but the trailer emphasized the opposite for his recovery and Mac being Quick was a fairly easy guess.
I made the point yellow but I'm not changing it any more until more is revealed.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Assuming these leaks came from "nintendo insiders" and not competetive players I would imagine by recovery they don't mean anything too special and just Up B/Side B/multi jumps/whatever.
Unless it has something to do with the whole edge clipping thing that would make Mac have a unique recovery its not looking so noteworthy.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
Decent does not mean good... decent means acceptable, and with how quick and strong we've seen that Mac is, I think that recovery is acceptable. It could be that he's hard to KO because he's fast enough to KO you first.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Neogaf E3 Unknown Leaker - Salromano (6/10/13)

Claims:
To be shown at E3 2013 (or after?):
  • "Animal Crossing Guy" (Villager)
  • Little Mac
  • Mega Man
  • Mii
  • Pac-Man
  • Wii Fit Trainer
4 down, 2 to go. All hail the one true leaker Salromano.

And thus he spoke to his people:
7 Thou shall have no other false Leakers before me.

8 Though shall not make for yourself a photoshoped image in the form of anything from Palutena above or of Dixie Kong beneath or K.Rool in the waters below.

9 Thou shall not bow down to them or believe in them; for I, Salromano your Leaker, am a jealous Leaker.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Dates are part of the rumor's content if they're being specific about it.
Yes, but they're not dealbreakers.

What if Sakurai said that he originally planned to reveal those characters at E3 but backtracked at the last minute because of the myriad of things that can go wrong during video game development?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Alright, the OP has been updated, and the Dedede/Diddy and Sound Guy leaks are now dead. Feel free to comb the OP for something I might've missed.
@GreenReaperGod @ BKupa666 BKupa666
Anything else you'd suggested fixing/adding?

The original post was someone predicting the six characters. Once three were revealed the leak was "elaborated" that it was actually someone who knew that information prior to E3 and that all six would be shown.
I'm a bit busy watching the Little Mac trailer at the moment, but over the next few days, I'd search this thread for all leaks about Diddy and/or Dixie being the next reveals, cut them out of the picture, then search for any that mentioned Little Mac.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Cool it lives. :D
Long live the Sable Prince!
That guy Mjardo also said that his friend said "Hmm...I wonder why Donkey's being hit..." referring to yesterday's PotD.

Little Mac fought DK in Punch-Out Wii. Maybe the guy actually knows something!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Neogaf E3 Unknown Leaker - Salromano (6/10/13)

Claims:
To be shown at E3 2013 (or after?):
  • "Animal Crossing Guy" (Villager)
  • Little Mac
  • Mega Man
  • Mii
  • Pac-Man
  • Wii Fit Trainer
4 down, 2 to go. All hail the one true leaker Salromano.

And thus he spoke to his people:
7 Thou shall have no other false Leakers before me.

8 Though shall not make for yourself a photoshoped image in the form of anything from Palutena above or of Dixie Kong beneath or K.Rool in the waters below.

9 Thou shall not bow down to them or believe in them; for I, Salromano your Leaker, am a jealous Leaker.
So basically, not exclusively at E3.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I don't put any weight whatsoever on whether leaks get reveal dates/order wrong. It's pretty silly to think that Sakurai for some reason has his reveal order set in stone.

Anyway, we probably won't have to wait long to know the fate of Diddy/Dixie. Probably just a week!

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Mac's inclusion alone shouldn't convince anyone of anything.

If ANY character was a shoe-in, it was Little Mac.
"shoe in" character imo for me was an animal crossing rep(although i predicted Tom Nook)
Tbh I thought mac would just be another assist trophy

Fawke83

Smash Rookie
I don't care about Little Mac, it doesn't prove that he is right, big part of the supposed leakers predicted him on the roster.

What really, REALLY bugs me in his leak is the Wii Fit Trainer. This is something that I can't find an explanation, was a totally left-field choice, and is the only thing, for me, that gives his leak a hold.

But honestly, I hope it's fake, it would be a big turn-off to see a Mii as character in the roster. Pac-Man too, but that is an inclusion I could understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom