• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Congrats, APC! If you need any help, just let me know! I check the thread regularly and can easily grab the rumors posted as needed.

Maha Ishaq

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros 4's release date may have been unintentionally leaked on a retailer's website listing.The website Newegg.com lists the Wii U date as December 31 2014 and the 3DS version of the game as being available on May 16 2014.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it was said somewhere before that newegg is the least reliable source for video game release dates. As much as I would love for this game to be a belated birthday gift, I don't think we can count on that. Also, I do not think we'll see the 3DS version first, if anything, it'll be WiiU first and foremost, to boost sales.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yes, but in 10 years from now... do you really expect the new fans of the franchise would care about the 1st gen characters when they got 7th gen, 8th gen, or even 9th gen in 10 years from now? Then who would SSB5 or SSB6 be targeting for in 2024? The middle aged fans who got into Pokemon 26 years ago (circa 1998) or the child and teenage fans who got into Pokemon within the last 10 years (circa 2013 to 2024)?
im 26 and was literally the target audience for when pokemon hit it big. I work in a retro video game store now and yes the kids today are mostly gen1ers actually more so than the older pokemon crowd who tend to be more into the tournaments and competitive stuff which makes the "newer" pokemon get more attention.

it's weird but there is this new "internet" generation which is latching onto all this "90's kid"/"my childhood!" stuff which is really for MY generation and yet it's usually the younger kids I actually hear saying this stuff as if it's aimed at them and I have to laugh a bit on the inside that this new generation is obsessed with the cool stuff from a generation back, odd really.

anyway to be on topic, nintendo will always push the original pokemon because of their popularity. lucario was exceptionally popular for a new pokemon but there are few new ones that reach that level of recognizability. In fact the new games X and Y pander a LOT to the first generation of pokemon and I've noticed x and y have been doing very very well because of this. a lot of people who dont like new pokemon have bought the game knowing you can pick a gen 1 starter very early in the game. this has literally been a selling point for the game. I don't think nintendo will EVER drop the ball cashing in on the popularity of those original pokemon, because they are still just as popular today, so a roster with some new pokemon seems LESS likely imo than the usual pokemon everyone knows.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If you guys caught this during it's extremely short lifespan:
Finally, a "leak" with Kawashima.
I would at least be satisfied with this.

The way they described Duck Hunt Dog sounds like they got it from my Duck Hunt Dog thread!

Professor Kawashima? Maybe the rumor was written by BluePikmin11. :troll:
If I made that rumor, I would've added Prince Sable instead of Muddy Mole and Anna instead of Tharja.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Man, where's the leaks with Mach Rider? At least mix things up, these leakers are terrible at thinking outsi- ....I'll just leave it at 'terrible at thinking', actually.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Man, where's the leaks with Mach Rider? At least mix things up, these leakers are terrible at thinking outsi- ....I'll just leave it at 'terrible at thinking', actually.
Just watch there be a leak today with mach rider. I swear it is like the fake leakers study this thread to get better at leaking.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not enough leaks with Duck Hunt Dog either... there has been at least two leaks with Duck Hunt Dog and both of them mention shooting from the fourth wall.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Big thanks to all the volunteers for the OP position, especially the ones so selflessly offering to run this thread into the ground like many others already have been
You are too kind. And whilst I respect your decision, no one can manage leaks like I can. I have a shiny Farfetch'd, ffs.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"Please, sir, may more have some more leaks?"

I work for Bandai Namco and I am currently involved in development of the next Super Smash Brothers. Obviously I do not directly work with Sakurai nor do I have the full roster of Super Smash Brothers 4. Sakurai tries his best to keep all that information locked up tight. However, I have talked to a few coworkers and managed to get a decent amount of information.

-The Mii has been completed, but Sakurai is waiting to reveal the character. The Mii's moveset is loosely based off of the sports games.

-Ness, Ike, and R.O.B are all returning primarily the same.

-Little Mac and King K Rool are planned for the roster, but development for them has not yet begun

-Mewtwo is in early development. Mewtwo uses elements from Pokemon X and Y, including Mewtwo's mega evolutions.

However this is all I currently know, but I will make another post if I happen to learn anything else.

Not that I believe any of the recent leaks, but the fact that so many of them are claiming that there are still characters being developed now makes me take pause and wonder if perhaps it's us that are wrong, and all characters being added during year one of development was a Brawl-only thing. Sakurai himself did say on his Miiverse comment that there's still beefening up going on in terms of content, though granted, that could mean anything.

Also, Ness, ROB, and Ike? What a random assortment of veterans to "leak."

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Not that I believe any of the recent leaks, but the fact that so many of them are claiming that there are still characters being developed now makes me take pause and wonder if perhaps it's us that are wrong, and all characters being added during year one of development was a Brawl-only thing.
And I'm starting to think Bandai Namco does nothing but leak info on gamefaqs all day long.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, Ness, ROB, and Ike? What a random assortment of veterans to "leak."
All three characters are commonly believed to be on the chopping block because people believe that Sakurai will end up deciding between Lucas and Ness, a lot of people have a bias against ROB because he's "old" and/or he's "weird," and lots of people think Ike's getting the boot for Chrom. In a way, it's going in the opposite direction of many people's expectations as to make it seem more credible.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Let's slice it up!
-The Mii has been completed, but Sakurai is waiting to reveal the character. The Mii's moveset is loosely based off of the sports games.
-Little Mac and King K Rool are planned for the roster, but development for them has not yet begun
This directly clashes with the old rumour that Mii, Li'l Mac and Pac-Man were ready to be shown at E3 2013.

-Ness, Ike, and R.O.B are all returning primarily the same.
Not surprising, but not really leak-worthy, imo.

-Mewtwo is in early development. Mewtwo uses elements from Pokemon X and Y, including Mewtwo's mega evolutions.
Believable, expect for the 'Mewtwo being early in development' part.

Overall, a lackluster leak. There is a not a lot that's laughable or ridiculous about it. :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
All three characters are commonly believed to be on the chopping block because people believe that Sakurai will end up deciding between Lucas and Ness, a lot of people have a bias against ROB because he's "old" and/or he's "weird," and lots of people think Ike's getting the boot for Chrom. In a way, it's going in the opposite direction of many people's expectations as to make it seem more credible.
Fair point, although seeing Ness on the chopping block nowadays is a much rarer occurrence that it was pre-Brawl, where "Up until now..." was all of the rage. I've almost always seen Lucas as the one people choose for their cut lists, along with Wolf, Lucario, Ike, Snake, and formerly Toon Link.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
It seems that all leaks are either really specific and are proven false in a few days or extremely general that usually can't be proven false until the game is released

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
And I'm starting to think Bandai Namco does nothing but leak info on gamefaqs all day long.
I want to sig this :laugh:
Based on likes, the people who like the idea of siging this are mutually exclusive from those who actually like the post that would be siged. I'm so confused. Do people like to add things to there signature that they dislike?

EDIT: Ninjad by Morbid. I really should have seen that one coming.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Based on likes, the people who like the idea of siging this are mutually exclusive from those who actually like the post that would be siged. I'm so confused. Do people like to add things to there signature that they dislike?

EDIT: Ninjad by Morbid. I really should have seen that one coming.
People usually add quotes to there signature if they are extremely funny.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I would start questioning some of Namco's reliability if apparently all their team does is "leaking" information here and there. :rolleyes:

Not that I believe in any of those so called "Namco Employees" to begin with but yeh.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't think Wario has even been confirmed as a plumber. In fact, I hear more people on the Internet claim he's a mechanic (even though it there's no actual proof of such thing). We do know he's a game maker (WarioWare) but I think that's it.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I wouldn't surprise me if Namco Bandai employees did post fake leaks all day. Because they know some people will lose their freakin' minds. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's no way Sakurai would include Little Mac and K. Rool and prioritize them so low that work on them hasn't even begun yet.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
BTW , some leaks say that characters are early in development , but didn't Sakurai state that he was in the balancing state already ?
The game has been in development only about a month less than Brawl was when it went platinum; the "early stages" have long since past. People might point out character like Sonic with Brawl but even he was completed an estimated 7-8 months before the game came out. If anything, the roster was probably finalized a month or two ago at the latest. .

Morbi

Scavenger
The game has been in development only about a month less than Brawl was when it went platinum; the "early stages" have long since past. People might point out character like Sonic with Brawl but even he was completed an estimated 7-8 months before the game came out. If anything, the roster was probably finalized a month or two ago at the latest. .
You never know, Nintendo didn't realize how long it takes to make HD games. :troll:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Why do people even believe the ones that state "a character is still in development" or "We are planning on adding etc"? We already know the roster is finalized so they wouldn't still be working on characters minus balancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom