• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Wow I just found this thread not that long ago. I didn't think we'd see so many rumors. Let alone so many that were just so bad. It'd be funny if we started one of our own.
I'm willing to bet that most of today's leaks came from smashboarders who had a little too much time on their hands.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I'm willing to bet that most of today's leaks came from smashboarders who had a little too much time on their hands.
seems we always get a bunch of leaks right after a character reveal, which imo points to them being fake and just riding the hype train.

Anyway overall today was a good day for leaks beyond the millions of supposed new ones we actually had one come true. We went from being starved for leaks to overkill! I'm excited about this though speculation and trying to predict the roster is fun :bee:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
dued guys
sakurai's cat's second cousin from bamco leaked jigglypuff's official render online

since they failed to go for a 'realistic' approach in brawl, they're making sure jiggs is 100% realistic.

guys this is 100% im not lying. dont be agnry this is what youll be seeing when the gaem comes out so dont get mad at me .

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
New leak!

Yes, I am a new account. Big thing.

I work directly with Sakurai. He discuss with me characters designs, and I help him to clean up the roster. He initially wanted the game to have 60 characters, but I helped him to cut that to 49. Some of the characters we had to cut were Nintendog, that I explained him that would cause problems at the western. Well, let's see... Let's start, may we?

The Mario series is settled. Sakurai already started discussion rooms if we may or may not add other rep to the series, but only in a later game.

The Zelda series will get as a playable character Tingle. It will be revealed in next E3. He will have a moveset based on items used on the Wind Waker games, and on rupees.

The Pokémon series will get Mewtwo as a returning veteran, and will have Pokémon trainer's Squirtle and Ivysaur cut. Charizard will be revealed within a random date, and Mewtwo will be revealed at the end of E3 smash trailer. Lucario is back.

The Starfox series won't change, even though Krystal will appear as an Assist Trophy.

Donkey Kong series will get a new rep, King K. Rool. Diddy Kong will be revealed in February 13th, following the release date pattern. K.Rool will be a secret character.

Ridley will appear as an Stage Hazard. Zero Suit Samus is back as never.

Kid Icarus got Palutena as an starting character and Hades as an secret character. Palutena will be revealed in a direct.

Chrom is now with Fire Emblem as an starting character, and Marth stays a secret one. Ike was cut. Chrom will be announced along at E3.

Talking with 3rd parties, as Nintendo hasn't got many support in 2014, the reps are going to be Sonic, Snake and Mega Man. Snake only stays for already having a moveset ready, that will be basically control C'ed from Brawl. He will be one of the two characters without a cartoonish look.

Meta Knight will be nerfed to stay at middle tier.

All Final Smashes but Samus's and Bowser's were changed.

Instead if Stickers now there are stamps. 200 stamps are within the game, from all represented series.

Lucas and Ness are back. Lucas will be revealed at April 20th, Mother 3's anniversary. Ness will be unlockable.

All retro characters are back too, and Takamaru joined the brawl. He has many shuriken based moves. Ice Climbers will be revealed at a random date, and all others will be secret.

Wii Fit Trainer isn't the oddball character if this game. Sakurai added the Sandbag as an starting character. It is a very unique and interesting character. Sandbag will be the next newcomer, revealed January 31st, Brawls anniversary.

Ganondorf is still a clone. He will be secretl

Sheik is still a Zelda transformation. Sheik will be revealed on an June Nintendo Direct that hypes Zelda Wii U at E3.

Captain Falcon is back too, as Wario. Wario will be revealed March 21st, three days before Mario Kart 8 release. Cpt. Falcon will be secret.

Sakurai discussed with me the addition of a Primid character, but after some discussion, her left the idea.

Paper Mario will be a newcomer. He will represent his own series. He has a unique moveset, and was added because of his unique potential. He will be revealed in August, and will be the last revealed newcomer.

The game will come out in early September.

Little Mac will be a secret character.

Mii will be revealed at May, on a Nintendo Direct.

That makes 46 characters. The other 3 are kept in secret for everyone but Sakurai and his main designer. However the rumors I heard here is that they are Dillon, Isaac and another oddball character.

There will be several new modes and features.

More coming soon, if anything happens in the planning I may warn you.

And later...

Oops, forgot Olimar.

The cuts are: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ike.

Any questions please PM me. I might not be able to post so much messages...

Some answers:

Tiers are not a secret world between yourselves. Sakurai has a team just to check what words people are using.

Sandbag was added because Sakurai.

He wanted initially Nintencat, than he changed it to Nintendog, then we scrapped him. Character we would use are Shulk and Lip. Sakurai is a very strange man. He insisted on adding Groose, but I decided Tingle would satisfy him and wouldn't put the Fanbase in fire. Seriously, they should hire someone else.

Naturally, anyone who claims to work directly with Sakurai is full of crap, but at least he's trying to seem legit by throwing a few awkward English phrasings in there. He also dated himself with the Sandbag tidbit, so we'll find out soon enough anyhow.
the person who made this thread obv read this thread, kind of coincidental as soon as we discuss why these leaks have such good eng. we get this

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not sure if you guys saw this, but I think it warrants some examination. What are all the japanese names? Regardless of its chance of being real, the roster looks reasonably possible.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68308814

And here's the link the the images: http://imgur.com/a/YKjMk
I didn't copy that one over because it's blatant bull**** that, like Groose said, doesn't deserve it. Too bad the guy didn't bother to check on the Japanese spelling of Chrom before listing him as such alongside "Koopa" and "Purin."

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Doesn't Japan call MegaMan MegaMan like we do now? I thought Rockman was dropped entirely.

And was Pit's file in Brawl named pit, or was it pitto? You know, the Japanese pronunciation, like parutena.

All that aside, every single folder was created on December 24th, 2013 within the span of a minute (9:06 AM), so obviously fake anyway.

Even if it was believable, Luma doesn't have a file.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I appreciate the offer, but I think someone who has a more proven history of activity on the site would be a preferable pick. This would be a fairly long-lasting and time-consuming undertaking, I'd feel more comfortable leaving it in the hands of someone with a precedent of frequent and longstanding contribution.
I doubt that I'm a person who could be considered to have a proven history, but I'll volunteer anyway. It's the least I can do for a thread I check fairly often.

peachy!

super princess
dued guys
sakurai's cat's second cousin from bamco leaked jigglypuff's official render online

since they failed to go for a 'realistic' approach in brawl, they're making sure jiggs is 100% realistic.

guys this is 100% im not lying. dont be agnry this is what youll be seeing when the gaem comes out so dont get mad at me .
Why is your English so bad? Are you Japanese?

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, i didn't think it would have to come to this, but... i have some leaked information on Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS. Im actually friends with Sakura's cat, Iggy, or as his Skype username goes, Iggy the koopa cat.

Iggy was hesitant to reveal any of his owners work, but after much careful thinking and planning, i was finally able to convince Iggy to provide me with some information by giving him some Nepeta Cataria (catnip).

Iggy didn't want to provide me with any details on newcomers, but he did share some of the veterans he's heard his owner say will return.

Some veterans include: Meta-Knight, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Yoshi, Wario, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Falco, Ike, Ganondorf, and Ness.

When it comes to stages, Iggy only gave me minor details based on some of the stages he's heard his owner mention.

Some new stages include: Mario Circuit (based off Mario Kart 8's design; might be called Mario Circuit 2), Luigi's Mansion 2 (will be a 3DS stage), Pokemon Stadium 3 (Wii U stage; will include Pokemon from Unova and Kalos), and Lumiose City from X and Y will also be a stage (3DS stage only).

I wish he could have mentioned more stages, but at least Iggy provided me with some details on who will appear as an Assistant Trophy' and Pokeball.

Some AT include: Mr. Resetti, Waluigi, Knuckle Joe, Hammer Bro, Tingle, and Shadow the Hedgehog. Some new ones include Dillon, Tempo, Chibi-Robo, Chargin' Chuck and Proto Man.

Iggy didn't mentioned too much about Pokeballs, but he did say expect Unova and Kalos Pokemon. Sakurai previously revealed Xerneas as a Pokemon and Iggy said to expect Yveltal to be a pokeball (however it seemed obvious at this point). Some Unova Pokemon include Pokemon such as Munna and Conkeldurr.

Unfortunately, Iggy didn't provide me with much more info after that. I kept myself from proving any details from Iggy before because i was afraid of the legitimacy of his information especially considering it comes from things he overhears from his owner, Sakurai. However, when we were in a conversation a few weeks back, he mentioned that Zelda was going to be confirmed on the 26th of December and was even more specific with King Dedede saying that he was going to be revealed on the 10th of January at around 1:30am-2:00am. Iggy then told me that two more characters after that might be revealed between January and the end of February. I asked him if one of them was Diddy Kong (since TF comes out next month) and he replied oddly. He said, a "monkey" would be one of the revealed characters. So then i asked if it was Dixie Kong or even... Cranky Kong? He then simply replied that it was a "monkey", so i assume it's Diddy Kong. He didn't give any hints on the other character, but i'd assume it's probably someone like Meta-Knight to get the Kirby cast out of the way.

So for now just take everything Iggy the koppa cat said with a grain of litter from his litter box because some of the things he mentioned sounds kinda fishy to me. So until i get more catnip, we probably wont hear much from Iggy again, but i will try to stay in touch with him as best as i can.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Not sure if you guys saw this, but I think it warrants some examination. What are all the japanese names? Regardless of its chance of being real, the roster looks reasonably possible.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68308814

And here's the link the the images: http://imgur.com/a/YKjMk
I take that Popo is from the Ice Climbers, but where is Nana?

Also who is Chinkuru and Murabito?

Also, why did the leaker only post characters and not the stages and items etc?

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that sucks about rumors is the fact that you can never be sure which ones are actually true, especially when a flood of "leaks" suddenly appears after an extremely guessable character is revealed.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
The only thing that sucks about rumors is the fact that you can never be sure which ones are actually true, especially when a flood of "leaks" suddenly appears after an extremely guessable character is revealed.
Yeah, usually you have to wait a few days after a character reveal to get any decent rumors

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Ok guys, how about this?

Legitimate leak here, done before E3.

This guy predicts Chrom, Marth, and Ike will all be together (ridin' dat booty) and correctly predicted Marth would have a design based on newer games :troll:.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Doesn't Japan call MegaMan MegaMan like we do now? I thought Rockman was dropped entirely.

And was Pit's file in Brawl named pit, or was it pitto? You know, the Japanese pronunciation, like parutena.

All that aside, every single folder was created on December 24th, 2013 within the span of a minute (9:06 AM), so obviously fake anyway.

Even if it was believable, Luma doesn't have a file.
In it's defense...

Pit's filename in Brawl was Pit.

Luma is probably in Rosalina's files, as Nana is in Popo's files.

I think Japan still uses Rockman. It's on the Japanese Smash 4 site.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
In it's defense...

Pit's filename in Brawl was Pit.

Luma is probably in Rosalina's files, as Nana is in Popo's files.

I think Japan still uses Rockman. It's on the Japanese Smash 4 site.
I could've sworn that Nana had her own file like Giga Bowser and Wario-Man.

Regardless, they were all made within the same minute in late December, half a year after E3 and about a year and a half after development started.

D

Deleted member

Not only is it just a Brawl partition with some added folders, but Tingle's file wouldn't be "Chinkuru".
It'd be "Tincle".

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I can take over the OP if needed! I'm on almost every day, and I'm a pretty well-known guy in the community, so...

I

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Y'know...

We could partner up to work together, be able to do rumors if the other's not on...
While only one person can be the OP, there's nothing stopping anyone else from helping.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
There is literally no point to store all the rumors since there are 10 a day and most are ****. You'll just be wasting your own time

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'll compile a list of rumors & leaks I find through these pages here for the OP:

NSider2 KaikoEX Leak (2/4/13)

http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php/topic/600093-ssb4-early-leaks/

• Roster is finalized with 2 third-parties being negotiated at the time.
  • The roster has over 40 characters.
  • The top 3 choices between the development team were Ridley, Tingle and Professor Layton (it states Layton is first party, which is incorrect.)
  • Sonic and Solid Snake are returning.
  • Namco is receiving a third-party slot.
  • Capcom discussed having a character, but Mega Man was off the table. (Mega Man was later confirmed at E3 2013.)
  • A possible 3rd party is a big shocker from a more adult game.
  • No Square Enix or Ubisoft characters.
  • There is a stage based off the room in Other M where you fight Ridley. (Pyrosphere was later confirmed on August 20th, 2013).
  • New items include a wrench and a second type of laser gun which has a different way of attacking.
  • There is a K.K. Slider Assist Trophy.
  • There are at least two new female characters. (Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer are two of the newcomers revealed so far).
  • Two characters are being considered for cuts.
  • Ganondorf is reworked to have a new moveset.

Competitive Friend Leak (1/10/14)
  • There are 45 characters (including transformations) and supposed DLC.
  • Zelda would be revealed December 26th.
  • King Dedede would be revealed January 10th.
  • Waddle Dee Toss would not be shown alongside Dedede’s reveal, because it was removed.
  • Diddy Kong will be revealed the week of Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Little Mac and Pac-Man are in the game.
  • Miis are in the game, and take inspiration from Find Mii, Pilotwings and the Wii series. Their speed and strength depend on the weight & height of the Mii.
  • Waddle Dee is a playable character, and is the reason Waddle Dee Toss was removed. He is a normal Waddle Dee, and has a recolor where he wears a bandana.
  • Zoroark is playable, and has illusion-based attacks.
  • Ridley is playable and is the biggest character in the game. He uses his Other M design.
  • Hades is a playable character.
  • Palutena is featured in new codecs for Pit.
  • Mewtwo is in, and treated as a newcomer. No information on whether or not he’ll use his Mega Evolutions.
  • Master Hand, downsized, is a playable character. He is around the size of Bowser, and his moves are weaker, less punishable versions of Master Hand’s attacks as a boss. He is a heavy character, and floats. He was considered because of the Master Hand glitch in Melee.
  • R.O.B., Wolf, Lucas, Solid Snake and Pokemon Trainer were cut. Excluding Snake, they are being considered for DLC.
  • Other possible DLC contenders are King K. Rool, Roy, Toon Zelda and Chrom.
  • There is a tag-like mode where you have to take down a player with a halo following behind him.
  • Race to the Finish will return.
[collapse=”Original Post”]

I have a new “leak” for you all to speculate about. Let me just get the story out of the way first, then we’ll get down to the content.

My friend loves Smash almost as much as I do. He’s in his low twenties, an American, semi-active on the competitive scene… and a real troll. A few days before Zelda’s reveal, he told me that he knew the character roster. I didn’t believe him. I mean, this is the guy who tried to tell me before E3 that they’d be showing off Ridley, Takamaru, Tom Nook, and Pac-Man… and we all know how that turned out. I asked him how he knew the roster, and he told me he has a “source” and gave me a big wink. He told me the roster, and when I said I was highly skeptical, he let loose a few other facts. He gave the exact date for Zelda’s reveal, said that Dedede would be revealed this week, and told me Diddy was to be shown the week Tropical Freeze launched in Japan. Even when Zelda was confirmed, however, I was still highly skeptical; it wasn’t that hard to predict. I told him so, and he gave me this little tidbit: Dedede would be revealed… but his Waddle Dee Toss wouldn’t be because it was removed from the game.

Well, we haven’t seen the Waddle Dee Toss yet, and until we do, I day he has a shred of credibility. I still personally don’t believe this “leak,” but there’s now enough evidence to at least post it online. Here’s the roster as he outlined it for me.

-Mega Man, Villager, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer. Duh. They showed them already.

-Mii, Pac-Man, and Little Mac. My friend said the E3 Leaker mentioned these three because they were the only other newcomers who were “presentable” back at E3. He figures the leaker just listed all six characters that could possibly be revealed. Of note: Miis apparently can be three different sizes and have a moveset influenced by Find Me, Pilot Wings, and the “Wii Games;” smaller Miis are quick and weak, bigger Miis are slower and stronger, etc.

-Waddle Dee. That’s why the Waddle Dee toss has been removed; apparently, he doesn’t wear a bandana as anything other than a recolor. His basic look is a normal Waddle Dee.

-Zoroark. He’s got something illusion attacks, but my friend couldn’t specify because he wasn’t all that sure of how they’d work himself.

-Ridley. Supposedly, he’s the biggest character in the game, towering over Bowser. Other M design, of course.

-Hades. Palutena supposedly has a codec series with Pit, but Hades is playable. My friend couldn’t elaborate on how Hades plays.

-Mewtwo is being treated like a newcomer. My friend didn’t mention if he had any of his Megas or if one of them was his base form. Actually, he didn’t really say anything about Mewtwo, other than that he was playable and being treated like a newcomer. I’ll grill him on this later.

-The final newcomer is “The Hand.” My friend thought it was a stupid idea, but he said his “source” was really excited about it. Apparently, he’s a Bowser-sized version of Master Hand fitted to be a playable character. He’s got moves that are weaker, less punishable versions of the ones Master Hand uses; he can be knocked back, but is heavy and floats right above the ground. Apparently, they ran with the idea after playing around with the Melee Master Hand glitch early in development.

-Snake, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B., Lucas, and Wolf are gone. The latter four are “proposed” for DLC, as are Roy, Toon Zelda, K. Rool, and Chrom. They apparently haven’t decided if they are doing DLC, or which of the eight characters they would do.

I did the calculations myself, and came to conclude that there are apparently 45 characters (43 slots) before DLC , once you make the cuts and add the thirteen newcomers.

I didn’t really ask my friend much else about things other than characters (last time I talked to him, I didn’t believe him at all. Now, I still don’t put much faith in it, but he has a shred of credibility). Apparently, though, there’s a Pile-on [my words, not his] Mode, which is sort of like tag—all players must take down the person who has a halo behind them. Also, Race to the Finish is supposedly coming back, but I don’t have any details.

Please don’t take this “leak” too seriously, but keep it in the back of your mind. I think that if my friend actually believed it, he would have posted it himself, as he also checks in occasionally on the speculation. As you can see, I’m not on my main account; I’m a more respected poster here (well, as respected as you can get on here), and I don’t want to sully my name posting a leak that is probably fake.

[/collapse]

Supposed Roster:

The Translator Leak (1/10/14)

• Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
  • Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
  • Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
  • Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
  • No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
  • Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
  • The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
  • Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
  • No new Star Fox characters.
  • Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
  • Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
  • Villager has a female costume.
  • Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
  • Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
  • Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
  • All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
  • Mewtwo returns.
  • Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
  • No new Kirby characters.
  • Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
  • No changes made to the EarthBound series.
  • All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
  • The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
  • The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
  • Snake returns.
  • Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.
[collapse=”Original Post”]

Oh look! I'm not a new account! Yeah, I've been here a while. If you can grasp that fact, I come baring news. I recently got into some money and for that, I chose to travel to Japan. I hired a translator and visited Mr. Sakurai as Smash Bros. is one of my favorite series of all time. I told him if he could give me any news on the series and he reluctantly agreed.

He told me to expect quite a few newcomers and some surprises. Go ahead and take it with a grain of salt but when I get everything right, I will be the one laughing all the way to...uh...my...house.

MARIO

*Rosalina is the first and only Mario newcomer for the game.

*There were plans Waluigi to be playable but he was scrapped and his Assist has been greatly updated and is more devastating than ever before. After Waluigi, the plan was originally to have Toad playable but he was later decided to remain as Peach's B move.

*There were never any plans for Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and Daisy to be playable. The former was considered to be an Assist Trophy, but that idea was quickly rid of in favor of a cult favorite Mario character.

*Fawful is the new Mario Assist Trophy, he replaces Hammer Bro. Fawful is kind-of like this game's Mr. Resetti and he flies around the screen talking in his amazingly hilarious voice and will attack players at random.

DONKEY KONG

*The next character revealed will be Diddy Kong for Tropical Freeze's JP release date.

*There will be a DK newcomer, though. It's King K. Rool...AND Dixie Kong. K. Rool is a standalone player and the heaviest fighter on the roster. Since he is heavy, he is also very powerful and is capable of launching fighters like Kirby and Olimar off the screen with two heavy Smash attacks. He does use the blunderbuss as his final smash. He jumps in the air and releases cannonballs from the top of the screen while launching mini-cannonballs from the side of the screen. Gangplank Galleon is confirmed to be a stage.

*Dixie Kong will be paired with Diddy Kong. Although, they'll play more like Zelda/Shiek than the Ice Climbers. Dixie has her own separate moveset but her moves are not confirmed as she not fully worked on yet.

ZELDA

*There is a Zelda newcomer but who that is, I do not know. They are keeping it a real secret. I did hear the Japanese names for Ghirahim and Tingle but if they're playable, I do not know.

*Ganondorf will retain some of C. Falcon's moveset but he has been buffed. His moveset now includes his sword. The sword can be equipped by crouching down and pressing B.

FIRE EMBLEM

*The newcomer for Fire Emblem is Chrom. As if it wasn't obvious enough, he uses the Falchion as his main attack and does NOT replace Ike. Marth, Ike and Chrom are the Fire Emblem characters. Chrom is planned to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the very first game.

*The Assist Trophy for the series is now King Gangrel and Aversa, actually. Lyn does not return. Gangrel runs fast across the stage using his Levin Sword while Aversa flies in the air using her 'Aversa's Night' as an attack. They are considered by Sakurai to be the most "unexpected" additions.

WARIO & YOSHI

*There are no major changes but Wario's classic attire is his default attire. I dunno if movesets are changed or not.

*Ashley is Wario's Assist Trophy and replaces Kat & Ana.

METROID

*Ridley is Metroid's newcomer. They scaled him down to size. Remember that Brawl video showcasing him against the PT Trainer? He looks almost exactly like that. What they did is amazSTAR FOX

*There are no major changes but Falco is further away from being a Fox clone and Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.

ANIMAL CROSSING

*Villager does have a female alt but nothing is changed.

*Tom Nook is the Assist Trophy alongside Mr. Resetti. He will go around randomly dropping bells, causing players to slip.

KID ICARUS

*Palutena is a newcomer. Her arsenal is almost entirely based from Uprising, is what I heard.

*Magnus is the KI Assist Trophy. He goes around swinging a sword and plays similar to Little Mac: fast, strong, but at times, suicidal.

POKEMON

*Mewtwo returns.

*Jigglypuff returns

*No cuts are made.

*Mewtwo and Lucario are not clones and their movesets barely resemble each others'.

KIRBY

*No newcomers for the Kirby series.

*Meta Knight will be revealed in the Summer of 2014, is what I remember.

MOTHER

*There are no major changes made to the Mother series.

RANDOM SERIES

*All misc. characters return with the addition of Little Mac. He looks like he does in the Wii reboot of Punch-Out!!

*WFT's male alt plays almost exactly like the female WFT.

*Yes, WFT does have a butt attack. HFT is given a headbutt instead.

*King Hippo and the Ghosts from Luigi's Mansion are Assist Trophies.

*I may have left out a few more veterans and stuff, but I am only retelling what I was told.

THIRD-PARTY

*We have Sonic and Mega Man in the third party slot.

*Snake does indeed return.

*Pac-Man will be the final newcomer revealed. Well, he won't be revealed...he'll be a secret character.

Go ahead and don't believe me. I know it's a lot to swallow but trust me, I know what I'm doing.ing according to Sakurai.

[/collapse]

Supposed Roster:

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Which rumor talks about the new ray gun? I just realized we've had one of those revealed and I wanted to look over the rumor again.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll compile a list of rumors & leaks I find through these pages here for the OP:

(reserved)
Make sure to have certain parts colored like the new OP.

Bartholin

Smash Cadet
hey gaiz my frend iz a friend of a friend of sakoorai's 42nd janitor who is a frend of saoorai's 69th cat who is a frend of batman who is a frend of Sakurai's 13th frend who said dr willy & tales & knuckles & shadow & batman r in the game

All leaks aside, this thread amuses me. MOR RUMOURS PLS!

(btw soopermen is in aswell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom