• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Year of the Yoshi sounds a little fishy. If it's true, is Nintendo going to make every year the year of something? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Baby Mario on Yoshi's back.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The way I see it, Sakurai is revealing newcomers in a progression from least-wanted/indifference to most-wanted, with Mega Man being an exception to ring in the crowds. Without Mega Man at E3, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer would not have esteemed SSB4 high enough. Mega Man isn't the biggest deal in the world, but he brought hype to the table.

What's telling is that more people want Ridley than Mega Man. Hell, Ridley may be the most highly requested character in the history of fighting games—but my opinion is biased for I've only ever paid attention to Smash Bros. I think Sakurai is strategically hyping SSB4 little by little, revealing veterans monthly and bimonthly, with newcomers stretched and randomly dispersed. As 2014 progresses, we'll probably see a slight incline in newcomer reveals, but I suspect most won't be revealed until E3 and release date.

The question remains... will the most hyped newcomers be revealed before or upon release? Will Sakurai use them to promote the game, or will he leave them for the players to uncover? After all, his stance on in-game footage vs. youtube is that he prefers players to experience the game by playing the game, not watching online. Time will tell.

Both Mewtwo and Megaman (And Sonic for that matter) beat Ridley in requests, so I wouldn't call him "the most requested character in the history of fighting game" as just in this fighting game there are 3 characters that outright beat him in that regard.

Nice catch, Entei. I did not know about this particular bit.

To be fair, the folks at TSSZ did state that they were given this info prior to posting, or more specifically, prior to Nintendo announcing that Mario Kart would be at E3 (they did NOT state just HOW prior), so I'm not quite ready to stop keeping an eye on it just yet, but even still, nice catch. I'll file this particular part of the story in my logic circuits immediately.

I don't mean to sound rude and continue this on-going debate but...

What exactly do you see on this leak now that you know that the DS stuff (such as Daiganso Band Brothers) was actually known prior? (So was all of the E3 stuff known already, even if the article writer claims he had the information "prior" to its announcement, he still wrote the article after the announcement).

What exactly makes this leak even slightly credible?

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This isn't the place for discussing/predicting Sakurai's reveal strategy or character popularity if it does not pertain to a leak.

Please stay on the topic of Rumors and Leaks.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hard at work, N3ON, I see. I think we can discredit any leaks popping up that we see that hints at Shantae. I was curious enough to send an e-mail to Wayforward on a whim about her, and they commented that Nintendo has been pretty picky about their third party possibilities. Not to say they wouldn't love Shantae to be in there, that was his personal thoughts on the matter and apparently would be open to negotiations should Nintendo asks.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hard at work, N3ON, I see. I think we can discredit any leaks popping up that we see that hints at Shantae. I was curious enough to send an e-mail to Wayforward on a whim about her, and they commented that Nintendo has been pretty picky about their third party possibilities. Not to say they wouldn't love Shantae to be in there, that was his personal thoughts on the matter and apparently would be open to negotiations should Nintendo asks.
Are there any leaks that hint at Shantae?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's understandable. Admittedly as much as I would liker her (dat moveset potential), I'd understand their reasons.
...Though, if DLC becomes a thing...

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I don't buy any TSSZ News leak/rumor, can anyone think of something true that they reported? They report these rumors first and claim sources, so I think credibility matters in regards to discussing anything they put out there.

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Found a leak:

'Hey guys! I'm not going to create a fake backstory nor give you a real one because I know what you want. Here are the facts:
  • Little Mac WILL be playable; the boxing ring stage shown so far is actually his own stage. He's fast but doesn't hit all that hard, akin to Kirby (in a sense).
  • The Palutena leak is genuine. Heads are rolling over at Nintendo, Sakurai's fairly annoyed about it. Her moveset is somewhat of a combination of Pit, and Zelda.
  • Dixie Kong is playable. She will be announced towards the end of February in a Direct.
  • Pac-Man isn't playable. Despite the relationship between Namco and Nintendo, Sakurai didn't feel like he could make much out of Pac-Man for a moveset.
  • Hyrule Goddess' are a new set of Zelda newcomers. They have all of Zelda's original moves (Din's Fire, etc.) and switch over using 'down B'. Their models are glassy, golden and have hints of red (Din), green (Farore) and blue (Nayru). Din's Fire will still be 'side B', Nayru's Love will still be 'neutral B' and Farore's Wind is still 'up B'. The moves are allocated to the different Goddess' (Din can only use Din's Fire, for example).
  • There is no new Pokemon character. Mewtwo will return, however.
  • Chrom will be a new Fire Emblem character. His moveset is somewhat similar to Marth's but lacks the same elegance and speed. Like Roy, his attacks do more damage when they hit nearer the hilt.
  • Krystal is yet another new character. Her moves are all based off of the moves that Fox used in Star Fox: Adventures. Her moveset is nothing alike to the other three Star Fox characters.
  • There may be more newcomers, some are still being integrated into the selection screen (models and movesets are done. Selection Screen is still undergoing changes).
  • All veterans are returning (save Snake and those from Melee, bar Mewtwo).
  • Jigglypuff is massively reworked. She no longer has Pound as a move and her neutrals are given more oomph and effects to demonstrate her Fairy type prowess.
  • Snake isn't included on the grounds that Phantom Pain isn't for a Nintendo console.
  • Pokemon Stadium 3 is a new stage. It has Steel, Dragon, Fire and Water transformations (in respect of the Kalos Elite Four).
  • Andross, Goro and Shadow will return as Assist Trophies.
  • There will be an option as to which Assist Trophy characters will be turned off or not. Think of the selection screen for which items can come out during play.
  • This was all a ruse to try and make you all see how easy it is to fake something and I hope this serves as an educational experience for you
  • If I see this taken seriously and reposted then I will actually cry.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I don't mean to sound rude and continue this on-going debate but...

What exactly do you see on this leak now that you know that the DS stuff (such as Daiganso Band Brothers) was actually known prior? (So was all of the E3 stuff known already, even if the article writer claims he had the information "prior" to its announcement, he still wrote the article after the announcement).

What exactly makes this leak even slightly credible?

Gather round for story time.

See, I was like alot of people. They published this article in May, telling of a bunch of E3 stuff. As has been stated many times before by yourself and others, alot of the things didn't come to happen, particularly regarding Smash Bros. So, just as would be normal fake leak procedure, I crumpled it up and chucked aside. Forgot all about it actually. That is until the same site, upon the official reveal of Sonic the Hedgehog, when publishing the news of Sonic's return, said "We told you so back in May", even going so far as to LINK back to their old supposed leaks, as if they wanted me to click said link and go back and read their old rumors that as we know, did not turn out 100% true. This made me at first go "You'd have to be foolish to think I would believe an article from 4 months ago claiming things that didn't come to happen"... then I got to thinking about it, thinking about how they were so confident in their rumor despite the fact that much of it did not come true, that they basically invited me to read it again long after E3 came and went without their claims... then I started looking back upon 2013 and realizing that a very good chunk of what ended up happening did line up more or less. For now... it remains a possibility that they could well have some degree of inside info, albeit some of that info being very early stage info that has since changed or been scrapped entirely (specifically regarding the third Nintendo exclusive Sonic). It's also possible that this is all a load of bologna which will require me to wear a dunce hat. But my thinking is that... well.. let's say I made a leak regarding E3 2014, k? Let's say, E3 2014 comes and goes, and none of what I say comes true. I don't believe that I would continually link back to my old leak about E3 AFTER E3 unless I was utmost confident in many of it's contents. Like any leak maker, I would probably make my leak, get my giggles and site hits and so on and so forth, then close it up and box it away after E3 comes and goes. Referring back to a leak that didn't end up true would only make me look like a fool, and that's exactly what these TSSZ people did... which means that they are either absolutely foolish, or that they are indeed confident about what they heard. It is this primary reason that I am keeping an eye on it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
None that I've seen yet, but I figured I'd put this out there to help cull any future ones out.
Fair enough. Even though her inclusion would be something I'd personally like to see, any rumor that would include her in the first place wouldn't exactly be overly-credible.

Found a leak:

'Hey guys! I'm not going to create a fake backstory nor give you a real one because I know what you want. Here are the facts:
  • Little Mac WILL be playable; the boxing ring stage shown so far is actually his own stage. He's fast but doesn't hit all that hard, akin to Kirby (in a sense).
  • The Palutena leak is genuine. Heads are rolling over at Nintendo, Sakurai's fairly annoyed about it. Her moveset is somewhat of a combination of Pit, and Zelda.
  • Dixie Kong is playable. She will be announced towards the end of February in a Direct.
  • Pac-Man isn't playable. Despite the relationship between Namco and Nintendo, Sakurai didn't feel like he could make much out of Pac-Man for a moveset.
  • Hyrule Goddess' are a new set of Zelda newcomers. They have all of Zelda's original moves (Din's Fire, etc.) and switch over using 'down B'. Their models are glassy, golden and have hints of red (Din), green (Farore) and blue (Nayru). Din's Fire will still be 'side B', Nayru's Love will still be 'neutral B' and Farore's Wind is still 'up B'. The moves are allocated to the different Goddess' (Din can only use Din's Fire, for example).
  • Chrom will be a new Fire Emblem character. His moveset is somewhat similar to Marth's but lacks the same elegance and speed. Like Roy, his attacks do more damage when they hit nearer the hilt.
  • Krystal is yet another new character. Her moves are all based off of the moves that Fox used in Star Fox: Adventures. Her moveset is nothing alike to the other three Star Fox characters.
  • There may be more newcomers, some are still being integrated into the selection screen (models and movesets are done. Selection Screen is still undergoing changes).
  • Jigglypuff is massively reworked. She no longer has Pound as a move and her neutrals are given more oomph and effects to demonstrate her Fairy type prowess.
  • Snake isn't included on the grounds that Phantom Pain isn't for a Nintendo console.
  • Pokemon Stadium 3 is a new stage. It has Steel, Dragon, Fire and Water transformations (in respect of the Kalos Elite Four).
  • There will be an option as to which Assist Trophy characters will be turned off or not. Think of the selection screen for which items can come out during play.
  • This was all a ruse to try and make you all see how easy it is to fake something and I hope this serves as an educational experience for you
Please provide a source to this "leak".

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Found a leak:

So, this is the "Hylian Goddess 2.0 leak" I assume.

Here's the thing though, Zelda already represents them. If they take her moves, then what does that leave her.
None the less, it's fake. We've already seen Zelda's attacks, and they include Din's Fire and Farore's Wind.

Next!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Considering I just made it up on the spot yet barely anyone read my warning at the bottom -_-
It's no wonder there are a lot of 'leaks' everywhere, is there? ^^ I will say, though, there has already been a LOT of people proving how easy some will fall for things, so made-up leaks aren't really needed here, I'd say. :/

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
No ****, "leaker". :p

Last edited:

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
It proved the point I wanted to make. Three people didn't read it through and asked for a source or criticised it. It was easy to fake, people asked for evidence without even looking at the part that said it's a joke.
What Im trying to say here is that maybe all these 'leaks' have probably already been disclaimed by the original creator but we haven't found it yet because we overlook small things.
Im not trying to criticise anyone here, it's just a small point I wanted to make and the best way to make it stick in your minds was by using an effective example.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't buy any TSSZ News leak/rumor, can anyone think of something true that they reported? They report these rumors first and claim sources, so I think credibility matters in regards to discussing anything they put out there.
Well, they reported the Sonic Boom cartoon 4-5 months before it's official confirmation.

Last edited:
It proved the point I wanted to make. Three people didn't read it through and asked for a source or criticised it. It was easy to fake, people asked for evidence without even looking at the part that said it's a joke.
What Im trying to say here is that maybe all these 'leaks' have probably already been disclaimed by the original creator but we haven't found it yet because we overlook small things.
Im not trying to criticise anyone here, it's just a small point I wanted to make and the best way to make it stick in your minds was by using an effective example.
Imo, no one should be expected to read it if there's no url attached.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Um uh... Neon-Sama? Check the bottom
That's a shame. Even if you admit right off the bat the leak isn't real, which I'm glad you did, the mods have explicitly stated not to spread or post admittedly false leaks. So I'm going to have to give you a warning.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I will still buy Smash 4 if Ridley isn't in the game, but damn, I will be very disappointed if that happens. :| There is absolutely no reason to not put the main villain of Metroid in the Smash series already. If he isn't in Smash 4, it is because sakuri hates him or something similar.
Or he's too bi-*shot in the back of the head*

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Im fine with a warning. Points have to be made memorable. Sorry for the method, but I doubt a normal post would garner any attention, and confessing to the crime at the beginning would have the post just looked over without a glance.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Found a leak:

No Ridley & K.Rool...(-_-)
Fake rumor...NEXT!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Im fine with a warning. Points have to be made memorable. Sorry for the method, but I doubt a normal post would garner any attention, and confessing to the crime at the beginning would have the post just looked over without a glance.
I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous statement.
That's like saying a thread about music can't get popular unless it trash-talked Brawl.
Not every post you'll make will be memorable, you post to discuss, not to get popular.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I can understand Sakurai's reasoning for including left field characters (ROB, WFT), but what I don't get is not indulging the fans' wishes at least a little bit. Sure the vast majority of roster inclusions aren't realistic like Goku for example, but the few that are should have some sort of chance and have not for the past three games.

Basically, a balance needs to be struck between obscure icons that not many no about, and fan favorites that have many supporters. Besides Mega Man (and Villager to lesser extent) the newcomers aren't exactly ones that most of the Smash community are clambering for. But I'll remain hopeful that things will even out for both camps as we continue to learn more.
I agree 100%, but I'm sure the higher-ups are gonna want that Mii chracter in this too. I honestly count Rosalina in the "higher-up appease" camp too.
Gather round for story time.

See, I was like alot of people. They published this article in May, telling of a bunch of E3 stuff. As has been stated many times before by yourself and others, alot of the things didn't come to happen, particularly regarding Smash Bros. So, just as would be normal fake leak procedure, I crumpled it up and chucked aside. Forgot all about it actually. That is until the same site, upon the official reveal of Sonic the Hedgehog, when publishing the news of Sonic's return, said "We told you so back in May", even going so far as to LINK back to their old supposed leaks, as if they wanted me to click said link and go back and read their old rumors that as we know, did not turn out 100% true. This made me at first go "You'd have to be foolish to think I would believe an article from 4 months ago claiming things that didn't come to happen"... then I got to thinking about it, thinking about how they were so confident in their rumor despite the fact that much of it did not come true, that they basically invited me to read it again long after E3 came and went without their claims... then I started looking back upon 2013 and realizing that a very good chunk of what ended up happening did line up more or less. For now... it remains a possibility that they could well have some degree of inside info, albeit some of that info being very early stage info that has since changed or been scrapped entirely (specifically regarding the third Nintendo exclusive Sonic). It's also possible that this is all a load of bologna which will require me to wear a dunce hat. But my thinking is that... well.. let's say I made a leak regarding E3 2014, k? Let's say, E3 2014 comes and goes, and none of what I say comes true. I don't believe that I would continually link back to my old leak about E3 AFTER E3 unless I was utmost confident in many of it's contents. Like any leak maker, I would probably make my leak, get my giggles and site hits and so on and so forth, then close it up and box it away after E3 comes and goes. Referring back to a leak that didn't end up true would only make me look like a fool, and that's exactly what these TSSZ people did... which means that they are either absolutely foolish, or that they are indeed confident about what they heard. It is this primary reason that I am keeping an eye on it.
Third exclusive is Sonic Boom, Sega confirmed this.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you continue to post prioritizing attention above the rules you will likely earn yourself more than a warning. Posting a blatantly false leak specifically for attention is not permissible, regardless of intention. If being reprimanded does not provide enough motivation to deter rule-breaking, next time your posts will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom