• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As long as Baby Mario doesn't screech too much, I'm down for a Yoshi revamp.

Yoshi's egg throw has needed a revamp for some time. It's unintuitive and not a good trade for a recovery. If it had a targeting reticle like in Yoshi's Island it might be better.
What it needs is to be is a mix of both Melee and Brawl.
Keeping the jump from Brawl, but keep the versatility like Melee.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I'm also wondering why people expect Diddy + Dixie tag team. So far from looking at the images it seems that Sakurai is prone to pandering towards the "let's keep things as is, do not mix it up, don't cut characters to add more new ones!" crowd. What makes people think he will screw over and single out the Diddy fans by completely changing how he plays? There are people whining on FAQ that Lucario still has double team.

Dairz

Smash Ace
I'm also wondering why people expect Diddy + Dixie tag team. So far from looking at the images it seems that Sakurai is prone to pandering towards the "let's keep things as is, do not mix it up, don't cut characters to add more new ones!" crowd. What makes people think he will screw over and single out the Diddy fans by completely changing how he plays? There are people whining on FAQ that Lucario still has double team.
I think its mostly because of various leaks saying it, but I agree, it makes no sense to change up Diddy to be a tag team.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582

I don't know I noticed that too and everyone seems to be ok with it. I don't see them doing that. Ice climbers sure not D&D. Personally I could do without both of them. DK doesn't need a father figure role. If anything he needs his mojo back and to create some chaos. I'm being half serious here guise. Tag team? No. Please no.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I personally hope they don't do a Diddy + Dixie duo. Plus, didn't they already try that for Brawl only for it to lead to failure and being scrapped?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't know I noticed that too and everyone seems to be ok with it. I don't see them doing that. Ice climbers sure not D&D. Personally I could do without both of them. DK doesn't need a father figure role. If anything he needs his mojo back and to create some chaos. I'm being half serious here guise. Tag team? No. Please no.
Not like Ice Climbers at all. ^^ Most Thinks they would be like this. You can play as either of them alone, like normal. But use your Down Special, Dixie jumps in, high-fives Diddy, and they take turns to battle (like in the DKC games). It would actually be pretty awesome. I'm for it, if it means Dixie will leave a spot for Cranky and/or Rool.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I approve of a Diddy + Dixie combo, if only because that is how we play with them in DKC2. It probably won't happen, though and I will be more than happy just to have Dixie in the game, even if she is a solo character.

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
Wait a second. Instead of Diddy + Dixie, they can promote DKTF even more by making a triple team of Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky!

Wait no, then its like PKMN Trainer. Ooh, I know, throw in Funky Kong, and Tiny Kong while were at it, and....

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There was data/a name for Dixie Kong, nothing else is known. Prior to Brawl's release, Sakurai mentioned a Diddy/Dixie duo, which sparked the idea.

Either way this has nothing to do with rumours/leaks, just personal preference. Keep the discussion on topic.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
But we've already had just Diddy....
Why not add Dixie as her own character too?

She's different enough that she wouldn't be a clone.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
But we've already had just Diddy....
Why not add Dixie as her own character too?

She's different enough that she wouldn't be a clone.
No one said she would be a clone. Chariard and Squirtle Counts as the 'same' character, but they are wastly different. ^^

but yeah, in topic. Any recent rumors? Even bad gamefaqs ones?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone get any more details on that leak that appeared on a dead Nintendo fan forum that said we were getting two retros one being Sable? While although cool, I played his game and I'm not sure what the hell he could really do besides turn into a frog and use a sword. He had no special abilities from what i remember.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Did anyone get any more details on that leak that appeared on a dead Nintendo fan forum that said we were getting two retros one being Sable? While although cool, I played his game and I'm not sure what the hell he could really do besides turn into a frog and use a sword. He had no special abilities from what i remember.
His main abilities are turning into a frog and a snake, he would rely on these abilities to battle out opponents. It's a pretty simple but different mechanic from other transformation characters. And no I haven't checked on yet on the website, I may do that later.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You guys are veering off-topic again. This isn't the thread for general character talk.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay... So anyone have ny ideas how we can reach PortraitofRuin?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Who is he?
She is a leaker who leaked correct information pre brawl.

She was chased out of Gamefaqs though and swore never to return.

Reason I bring her up is because of the No Ridkey/K.Rool leak. If Chaos Zero wasn't the leaker, she's the only option left.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You guys are confusing me on who leaked Brawl. First I heard NyaseNya, then Chaos_Zero, and now I'm hearing PortraitofRuin. Can someone clear this up for me?

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
You guys are confusing me on who leaked Brawl. First I heard NyaseNya, then Chaos_Zero, and now I'm hearing PortraitofRuin. Can someone clear this up for me?
All of them leaked various things related to Brawl.

You can still find NyaseNya's posts here where she predicted Sonic's reveal date as well as the delay, Ridley as a boss, the roster number, Olimar and his move set, Toon Link and some veterans.

Chaos leaked Lucario "taking Mewtwo's place", Wolf, several veterans and the Dragoon parts.

PortraitofRuin leaked most of the same stuff including R.O.B., Falco and the number of stages.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
All of them leaked various things related to Brawl.

You can still find NyaseNya's posts here where she predicted Sonic's reveal date as well as the delay, Ridley as a boss, the roster number, Olimar and his move set, Toon Link and some veterans.

Chaos leaked Lucario "taking Mewtwo's place", Wolf, several veterans and the Dragoon parts.

PortraitofRuin leaked most of the same stuff including R.O.B., Falco and the number of stages.
Thank you.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think one of them also leaked R.O.B., who most people assumed was ROB64, the maintenance robot of the Great Fox from StarFox, since R.O.B. was "deconfirmed" by the early SSE pics.

This denial eventually led to people hating each and every one of them until they were proven right. See MasterofMonster's post for a reference.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I think one of them also leaked R.O.B., who most people assumed was ROB64, the maintenance robot of the Great Fox from StarFox, since R.O.B. was "deconfirmed" by the early SSE pics.

This denial eventually led to people hating each and every one of them until they were proven right. See MasterofMonster's post for a reference.
Oh, I don't hate anyone. In fact, I would be happy if a leaker confirmed that Ridley is not playable, cuz' that would spare me a long time of hoping and hoping, only to have it crash down onto me. I would be sad, though, since I really wanna battle Bowser with Ridley someday.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Say, does anyone know what became of Serebii? During the Brawl leak frenzy, he was able to disconfirm a number of fake leaks due to his knowledge of which Pokemon were in the game (basically, any list that included Mewtwo as playable and didn't include Lucario).

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what will happen with the fanbase if we don't get them again. Will people just give up on the franchise? I can't imagine people will complain this badly again. At this point it's not really Sakurai being "stupid", it's him clearly not being interested in making those characters playable. Hell, in that one interview with Nintendo Power, it didn't even sound like the idea had even crossed his mind to make Ridley playable.

Also PoR was last on FAQs 2 years ago in 2012. Which lines up with what Yosuke said (he said the last time he had actively talked with her was 2 years ago - this is before he had the recent chat with her where she told him that small amount of info).

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Say, does anyone know what became of Serebii? During the Brawl leak frenzy, he was able to disconfirm a number of fake leaks due to his knowledge of which Pokemon were in the game (basically, any list that included Mewtwo as playable and didn't include Lucario).
He has stated that he will not comment on Smash things, as he got into trouble I Believe, after talking too much about things he shouldn't have known. And such.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
He has stated that he will not comment on Smash things, as he got into trouble I Believe, after talking too much about things he shouldn't have known. And such.
I think you're referring to Pokemon. As I'm assuming you're referring to the X and Y fiasco.
I don't remember anything about Smash.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
And... the leak has be moved back to live. Oh joy.
Serebii still occasionally posts on GameFAQs, but don't expect him to get involved with leaks at all. He's had some bad experiences over pokemon leaks and he pretty much refrains from listing any speculation himself.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Hi I'm new :)
When the Palutena leak came out I found this rumor (I like to call it the "Angry Rumor")

"Hello , I'm a friend of a person who works with Nintendo on SSB4 .
Some days ago he argued with someone and he was so angry that he told me some things about the game :
Palutena is playable
Little Mac is playable and the ring is his stage
Ridley is playable and a stage hazard in the Pyrosphere , but Masahiro wants to show before the hazard to troll the fans (he knows Ridley is popular)
King K Rool is not playable
Geno is not playable
Sami is an assist trophy
Primid is an assist trophy
Pokemon Stadium 3 is a new stage (fairy type is one of the five which appear)
Nintendo Land is a new stage
Miiverse is a new stage"

What do you think ?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
...Anyone have a Gamefaqs account?
I do, but getting to her from that account probably wouldn't be fruitful as she stopped visiting two years ago. I'm trying to see if she left any other ways to contact her but I'm not having any luck with that either.

I wonder what will happen with the fanbase if we don't get them again. Will people just give up on the franchise? I can't imagine people will complain this badly again. At this point it's not really Sakurai being "stupid", it's him clearly not being interested in making those characters playable. Hell, in that one interview with Nintendo Power, it didn't even sound like the idea had even crossed his mind to make Ridley playable.
There would be a lot of disappointment, but unless the rest of the roster was completely lackluster to them I don't think a lot of people would dump it for just one or two characters missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom