• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hmm. The randomness of Sabure Prince makes me believe that in a R.O.B. sort of way. It sounds like something Sakurai would pull.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, she'll probably be less receptive on the matter but doesn't mean that it isn't worth a shot to find her if possible. It's better to give an attempt and fail then just let things fall where they may. Either way, it is relevant what time she did because depending on when she gets that information lends to what timeline we can expect not only for her to get leaks, but also for that type of information to come out in general. The C: PoR leaks happened in September, 3-4 months before the game was released, Brawl's was also within 3 months of the original release date as well and ChaosZero and NyaseNya also leaked within that timeframe. Based on that, we can assume that she gets the full details from the games late in development and if that's the case and nothing's changed that much the same should hold here.

So if I'm right in my assessment, the game's leaks shouldn't be coming out just yet as that information may not be available to potential leakers who would have access to them. So again, I'm going to remain skeptical, at least until more information comes out about either her or the details given in that leak.
Technically she doesn't have all the details or didn't give them all (and keep in mind time passed between now and Brawl. If we are to assume Yosuke001 is being truthful, she is actually involved in this industry in some way and not someone who knows someone, so she could get info more easily now than back then). Though I guess you can try finding her to confirm all this. I have no idea who she is other than her GameFaqs, appearance. I will say that I've seen Yosuke001 on many boards and he's actually a pretty resourceful guy. He doesn't seem like the type to waste time with this fake leak, unless it's some conspiracy where he is working with PoR to get revenge on the community. You could also look at his past post to see if he supported Ridley or K.Rool (which he claimed he wanted Ridely), would be pretty stupid to dis-confirm your own most wanted characters in a fake leak. We'd at least know he did get information from someone else that way, is it true is obviously another story entirely.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Technically she doesn't have all the details or didn't give them all (and keep in mind time passed between now and Brawl. If we are to assume Yosuke001 is being truthful, she is actually involved in this industry in some way and not someone who knows someone, so she could get info more easily now than back then). Though I guess you can try finding her to confirm all this. I have no idea who she is other than her GameFaqs, appearance. I will say that I've seen Yosuke001 on many boards and he's actually a pretty resourceful guy. He doesn't seem like the type to waste time with this fake leak, unless it's some conspiracy where he is working with PoR to get revenge on the community. You could also look at his past post to see if he supported Ridley or K.Rool (which he claimed he wanted Ridely), would be pretty stupid to dis-confirm your own most wanted characters in a fake leak. We'd at least know he did get information from someone else that way, is it true is obviously another story entirely.
Now that you mention it, the leak seems like a big "f*** you" to the community (No Ridley or K Rool)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I'm a little surprised to find the "ChaosZero" leak already moved to Dead, considering Yusuke001 never actually said or implied that ChaosZero was his source.

I've read the topic where the rumor was posted, I posted what I found here: Yusuke only referenced ChaosZero along with PortraitOfRuin and another past leaker. He never directly identified the leaker except to say they were treated badly by the Brawl board. It was the other people in that topic that assumed Yusuke001 was referring to ChaosZero. As grateful as people are to ChaosZero for resurfacing to help clear things up, fact is what he's clearing up is speculation gone wild by people other than the leaker!

In light of this recent newer speculation, the possibility that PortraitOfRuin might be his actual source should mean that the leak hasn't really died but has mutated. As it's been said, PortraitOfRuin was apparently treated much more harshly than ChaosZero was. I suggest we put it back in Live Leaks section a little longer until we can at least perhaps find PortraitOfRuin and get information out of her, as unlikely as it's sounding. And even if POR is confirmed to not be the source, that's still not a disconfirmation of the information. Leaks are supposed to die when the information it's provided is proven false, and that has not actually happened here yet.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Isn't there supposed to be a Direct announced this week according to leaks?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, in retrospect, I wouldn't deem the leak dead just yet, just note that ChaosZero wasn't responsible for it, and PortraitofRuin might have been.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Well, I actually managed to send a Private Message to Yusuke001 regarding his information.

...Problem is his account has not been active since January 29, so no clue when I'll get an answer back, if any at all. I tried to be sensitive about the subject however, and hopefully he hasn't or won't be bothered too much over it. Last thing we need is for him to get fed up and go silent over the subject.

And... the leak has be moved back to live. Oh joy.
Hey, I hate the leak personally for claiming Ridley isn't playable, but we gotta do this right. =(

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Potentially yes, but at the same time she may either have gone into another company, industry or the position she may've acquired may not have access to that information, we don't know where exactly she stands on this. Essentially there's quite a bit of a "what if" game to be playing here, which without enough information to support we don't know how to take this. However, I will agree to leave the leak up for the time being.

Hopefully Yusuke001 will clarify in the PM sent though and if not, maybe we could try our luck and find PoR.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I think people are rushing to brush it away because it disconfirms Ridley and K.Rool. If it's true I have no clue how throwing it under the bus would make a difference.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Hey @chaos_zero , glad to see you stopped by to tell us it wasnt you, that's very nice of you. If it isnt too much and you do see this, mind telling us if you have any insight as to how Sakurai picked characters during Brawl when you knew the roster from an indirect friend? Could help us create more accurate predictions and rule out super-out there "leaks".

Also, off-topic but I think it's pretty f*ing cool you're the Community Manager for Razer now.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
That'd be this one: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

It's actually become a bit of a touchy subject on this thread, since it didn't turn out 100% true (I'd like to believe it's due to changes in plan. Look how quickly Tropical Freeze and Watch Dogs became 2014 titles. Plans change, and change quickly), but a good few of the things, especially the Japanese eShop Daigasso Band Brothers 3DS game, have indeed been predicted through this. And like I said, if this Nintendo Direct and the whole "Year of Yoshi" thing turns out to be true... then that'll be another thing this supposed leak predicted. I'm personally keeping an eye on this one. Predicting something like a Japanese 3DS eShop Daigasso Band Brothers in addition to a good few other things is a bit too specific of a thing to predict without some kind of inside knowledge.
I agree, this has always basically been on par with the "little-pac-mii" rumor as SOME of what it leaked turned out to be true but the parts that were false MAY have just been behind the scenes last minute decision changes.

However unlike the "littl-pac-mii" rumor this one doesn't get much attention for some reason... maybe because bayonetta seems like a strange choice to most? Anyway If this "year of yoshi" thing is true I'll be adding these characters to my personal most likely newcomers list.

D

Deleted member

I agree, this has always basically been on par with the "little-pac-mii" rumor as SOME of what it leaked turned out to be true but the parts that were false MAY have just been behind the scenes last minute decision changes.

However unlike the "littl-pac-mii" rumor this one doesn't get much attention for some reason... maybe because bayonetta seems like a strange choice to most? Anyway If this "year of yoshi" thing is true I'll be adding these characters to my personal most likely newcomers list.
It's because the damn thing is bull****.
Literally nothing from the Smash portion was accurate to what we got, and "last-minute changes" cannot be used as an excuse for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
It's because the damn thing is bull****.
Literally nothing from the Smash portion was accurate to what we got, and "last-minute changes" cannot be used as an excuse for it.
by "some" of it being true i meant things from other games, just saying the leaker clearly DID have some info about unreleased games.

D

Deleted member

by "some" of it being true i meant things from other games, just saying the leaker clearly DID have some info about unreleased games.
Or.............the "leaker" said things that were pretty damned obvious and/or safe bets.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Pic of the day. You missed me, because you attacked my illusory copy from my Double Team move!

There you guys go, for those of you here instead.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
"Daigasso Band Brothers" has been pointed out as hard to guess. But whatever to each his own on how much one decides to keep an eye on supposed leaks, I just generally go with the stuff that guesses SOMETHING even if it's something obvious like the dedede reveal over leaks that have zero credibility.

not saying these leaks are real, more then likely the leaker might have just made an easy guess, but it's CREDIBILITY in predicting something in ANY form that gets my attention.

D

Deleted member

"Daigasso Band Brothers" has been pointed out as hard to guess. But whatever to each his own on how much one decides to keep an eye on supposed leaks, I just generally go with the stuff that guesses SOMETHING even if it's something obvious like the dedede reveal over leaks that have zero credibility.

not saying these leaks are real, more then likely the leaker might have just made an easy guess, but it's CREDIBILITY in predicting something in ANY form that gets my attention.
....it was already known that a new Band Brothers was being worked on prior to the "leak".

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
....it was already known that a new Band Brothers was being worked on prior to the "leak".
again to each his own how much stock you put in a leak/rumors that are "easy" to guess, just still worth watching in my opinion and IF this year of yoshi thing turns out to be true then worth keeping an eye on even more.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I think we can pretty much count that particular rumor as fake. Not only was everything smash related incorrect at E3, but this line in particular bothers me: "The next 3D Mario game for Wii U won’t be a Galaxy game, but it will take some tidbits of it to make a full open world platformer. It will make an intensive use of the touch screen for some game mechanics." Were this true the rumor would be referring to 3D World, however despite having information regarding the game (use of the touch screen) it failed to even mention the 4-player aspect which would likely be the first thing anyone would notice. Even then, the touch screen was hardly a defining feature as it was only used in a few choice levels. Also calling it an open world platformer is a bit of a stretch as the game was very linear, again to accommodate coop. I suppose it would be worth at least looking at if the Year of Yoshi does end up being true, but the inconsistencies hurt the article's credibility.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

again to each his own how much stock you put in a leak/rumors that are "easy" to guess, just still worth watching in my opinion and IF this year of yoshi thing turns out to be true then worth keeping an eye on even more.
If you wish to keep watching something proven false with little credibility other than getting a bare minimum of safe bets right, be my guest.

I, however, am going to do the smart thing and discredit it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For future reference, there really is no need to post Miiverse pics in here if they don't relate to a leak.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

Lol, so the only thing people who support this leak had going for them was something that was already known?

So this guy basically guessed that there was a new game being made by retro which may or may not be DKC (and it was DKC), the new Kirby was going to be on 3DS (50% chance bet, either 3DS or Wii U) and that the next Mario would not be Galaxy (again 50% bet, either it was or was not a Galaxy game).

And thats it?

I didn't know about Band Brothers being known before the leak but if that is true, how is it that you guys can still believe it?

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I think we can pretty much count that particular rumor as fake. Not only was everything smash related incorrect at E3, but this line in particular bothers me: "The next 3D Mario game for Wii U won’t be a Galaxy game, but it will take some tidbits of it to make a full open world platformer. It will make an intensive use of the touch screen for some game mechanics." Were this true the rumor would be referring to 3D World, however despite having information regarding the game (use of the touch screen) it failed to even mention the 4-player aspect which would likely be the first thing anyone would notice. Even then, the touch screen was hardly a defining feature as it was only used in a few choice levels. Also calling it an open world platformer is a bit of a stretch as the game was very linear, again to accommodate coop. I suppose it would be worth at least looking at if the Year of Yoshi does end up being true, but the inconsistencies hurt the article's credibility.
The uh, overworld is open. Ish. Maybe that's what's implied. Bit of a stretch I guess

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Lol, so the only thing people who support this leak had going for them was something that was already known?

So this guy basically guessed that there was a new game being made by retro which may or may not be DKC (and it was DKC), the new Kirby was going to be on 3DS (50% chance bet, either 3DS or Wii U) and that the next Mario would not be Galaxy (again 50% bet, either it was or was not a Galaxy game).

And thats it?

I didn't know about Band Brothers being known before the leak but if that is true, how is it that you guys can still believe it?
Band brothers wasn't known before then. Guy who said that is delusional. I don't care for that leak but come on.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually when I first heard of the silly Reggie petition the scenario you elaborated on instantly came to mind. A loophole of sorts if you will.
Actually, I had a dream like this the other day but I couldn't see the trailer. I hope reggie is in one way or another.

BluePikmin11: Thanks for the link, i shall check it out now.

Also if Yoshi gets paired with baby Mario wouldn't that kill every leak basically, since I would assume he would be made s a newcomer and have a trailer to showcase him.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Am I the only one who thinks of Path of Radiance (Fire Emblem) whenever someone says PortraitofRuin in initials?

So anyway, I wonder if the timing of the Direct this week (assuming there is one) will dictate what character will be shown. Also, aren't there some leaks that should be immediately canned depending one which day of the week the Direct is announced?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Actually, I had a dream like this the other day but I couldn't see the trailer. I hope reggie is in one way or another.

BluePikmin11: Thanks for the link, i shall check it out now.

Also if Yoshi gets paired with baby Mario wouldn't that kill every leak basically, since I would assume he would be made s a newcomer and have a trailer to showcase him.
Maybe, but whether it counts or not is the question. I think it's more of a revamp than a newcomer.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As long as Baby Mario doesn't screech too much, I'm down for a Yoshi revamp.

Yoshi's egg throw has needed a revamp for some time. It's unintuitive and not a good trade for a recovery. If it had a targeting reticle like in Yoshi's Island it might be better.

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks of Path of Radiance (Fire Emblem) whenever someone says PortraitofRuin in initials?

So anyway, I wonder if the timing of the Direct this week (assuming there is one) will dictate what character will be shown. Also, aren't there some leaks that should be immediately canned depending one which day of the week the Direct is announced?
Nope. I've been thinking of Path of Radiance too, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom