• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Wow this thread has taken "FAKE and G@Y" to a whole new level. Congrats.
Why don't we just try to find someone in the industry and then get someone to befriend them online or something to pry leaks out? What awesomely underhanded evilness just for some smash4 info! Now get to it.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So, is there a speculation thread then? And if there isn't, why not expand the topic of this thread to include it? Though I guess three topics for one thread would be too much...

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'd love for this Diddy being revealed on thursday rumor to be false. Only for the purposes of killing leaks. I think Falco being revealed next week would be such a nice change of pace from the predictable stuff with game releases. He didn't reveal anything when X and Y were released. I don't know why people blame Gamefreak when there hasn't been any real reason for them to hold info. or maybe I'm out of the loop.

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
And he's the hardest to unlock.
Ridley should be unlocked when Charizard gets a mega shroom for the first time. It would be a frightening event where Charizard just keeps enlarging until he takes up the entire stage and then finally turns into Ridley, becoming ten times bigger than this maximized Charizard. But it still wouldn't look right if you downscaled Ridley to this size from his true proportion.

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Speculation would surely better fit GameFAQS than here.
Right now, everything rumour related is as dry as Minister Frollo's humour (props to those who understand). As soon as Thursday is over, leaks are guaranteed to flood in. That much is certain

Who's the most "leaked" FE Awakening character other than Chrom? Just curious.
Lucina I think? (Just a name I've seen floating about)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Gather round for story time.

See, I was like alot of people. They published this article in May, telling of a bunch of E3 stuff. As has been stated many times before by yourself and others, alot of the things didn't come to happen, particularly regarding Smash Bros. So, just as would be normal fake leak procedure, I crumpled it up and chucked aside. Forgot all about it actually. That is until the same site, upon the official reveal of Sonic the Hedgehog, when publishing the news of Sonic's return, said "We told you so back in May", even going so far as to LINK back to their old supposed leaks, as if they wanted me to click said link and go back and read their old rumors that as we know, did not turn out 100% true. This made me at first go "You'd have to be foolish to think I would believe an article from 4 months ago claiming things that didn't come to happen"... then I got to thinking about it, thinking about how they were so confident in their rumor despite the fact that much of it did not come true, that they basically invited me to read it again long after E3 came and went without their claims... then I started looking back upon 2013 and realizing that a very good chunk of what ended up happening did line up more or less. For now... it remains a possibility that they could well have some degree of inside info, albeit some of that info being very early stage info that has since changed or been scrapped entirely (specifically regarding the third Nintendo exclusive Sonic). It's also possible that this is all a load of bologna which will require me to wear a dunce hat. But my thinking is that... well.. let's say I made a leak regarding E3 2014, k? Let's say, E3 2014 comes and goes, and none of what I say comes true. I don't believe that I would continually link back to my old leak about E3 AFTER E3 unless I was utmost confident in many of it's contents. Like any leak maker, I would probably make my leak, get my giggles and site hits and so on and so forth, then close it up and box it away after E3 comes and goes. Referring back to a leak that didn't end up true would only make me look like a fool, and that's exactly what these TSSZ people did... which means that they are either absolutely foolish, or that they are indeed confident about what they heard. It is this primary reason that I am keeping an eye on it.
What exactly did it guess about Sonic? We already knew Sega had an exclusivity deal with Nintendo before the rumor and I don't see any information about it that I might say "requires insider info".

Also what other things do you feel it has gotten right? I mean actually list out the things you think it has been right on until now.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please don't double post. If you want to add something after your initial post, either wait till someone else posts or simply click "Edit" on the bottom of your initial post to edit it ......post

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Anyone see this yet? Haven't seen it talked about in the last 2 pages. Doesn't look at real as Falco or Palutena. But figured I'd share.
Oh, hey, look at that. Something new.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

Anyone see this yet? Haven't seen it talked about in the last 2 pages. Doesn't look at real as Falco or Palutena. But figured I'd share.
Finally something to sink our critical teeth into! Yeah, doesn't look as convincing as Falco and especially Palutena, but still better then what's been popping up here lately. :dizzy:

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
Where did this come from? Must admit it looks better than most leaks, but could be fake. It should really be compared to other m to check for similarities.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord

Look closely on art picture, it's clearly C&P'd onto a Brawl Template. There isn't even a shadow.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Isn't that stage on the bottom left N64 Dreamland?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Doesn't seem legitimate. looks like something you could get off the Vault.

Still it looks ok, now I really want sakurai to go with the other M zero suit look.

Last edited:

Midge

Smash Apprentice

I eel like the standalone model doesn't match the other 3, but I can't put my finger on why. It just doesn't look as good as the other 3

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
What exactly did it guess about Sonic? We already knew Sega had an exclusivity deal with Nintendo before the rumor and I don't see any information about it that I might say "requires insider info".

Also what other things do you feel it has gotten right? I mean actually list out the things you think it has been right on until now.

Things gotten right:

1. Nintendo's 2013 lineup primarily consists of things announced in Nintendo Direct already
2. Delay of Yoshi's Yarn
3. Kirby 3DS (admittedly, easy guess, but may as well chalk it in here)
4. Mario 3D World was indeed not a Galaxy game. The rest of their comments on this matter are and certainly have been debatable, particularly on the touch screen front. I'd wager that given the footage E3 has shown us with the touching the rolling hills to make them stop and touching invisible blocks and coins and so on and so forth, that could certainly lead to that presumption.
5. Mario Kart 8 was indeed playable and shown at E3
6. A teaser for Bayonetta 2 and Yoshi's Island 3 (Yoshi's New Island) were indeed shown (well, it was more like a full trailer but once again, debatable).
7. Nintendo having some sort of big third party IP exclusive that is possibly unrelated to the Sonic exclusivity. Not long ago this happened http://gaminrealm.com/2013/12/31/3rd-party-exclusive-wii-u-2014/

Things wrong:

1. Third Nintendo exclusive Sonic title. 100% Wrong. They claimed that the third exclusive was a racing game made with the intent of releasing in 2013 since Mario Kart was delayed until 2014. While they were correct about Mario Kart being a 2014 title, they were not correct about Sonic, as there was no Sonic racing title announced, much less one made with the intent of filling the void for Mario Kart. My 2 guesses: Perhaps it was scrapped, or perhaps it's a load of hooey.

2. Smash Bros info, the very reason this is even being discussed. possibilities include that perhaps, just like the Mii, Mac and Pac rumor, this was some very early draft of the reveal trailer for Smash Bros. Whether it was because of Nintendo doing an E3 Direct instead of a proper stage conference, or Sakurai simply deciding not to show as much early on, this early plan may have been changed to be a smaller reveal... or of course the possibility that this is a bunch of hooey.

3. Retro's second 2014 title. Is it possible that it was planned to be shown at E3 then pulled, similar to what was rumored to have happened during E3 2012 (and all of it's NIntendo Land fireworks glory)? Possible. But one thing's for sure, we didn't see it at E3, so for the time being this is unfortunately wrong. Neither was it shown in any Nintendo Direct after E3 for the remainder of 2013.

Reason why this was brought up yet again in the first place:

We just had another rumor crop up (yesterday I believe) stating that a Nintendo Direct revealing "Year of Yoshi" is to happen on Thursday. Such a Nintendo Direct would have to be announced tomorrow. "Year of Yoshi" was another claim of this rumor. Should that turn out to be true, then that'll add an 8th thing gotten right.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Let's just wait for Ariel to take a swing at this one. Or whoever our resident manipulator is.

Edit: Ninja'd. Disregard this post.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Im fine with a warning. Points have to be made memorable. Sorry for the method, but I doubt a normal post would garner any attention, and confessing to the crime at the beginning would have the post just looked over without a glance.
Memorable? Really? You think in a few days anyone will really remember this? Several of the leaks that have come through here are already "dead" and thus we are well aware that "leaks" are easy to make and shouldn't be believed blindly. Also get over your batman fantasy. There are good reasons why mods don't permit making leaks anymore, and just because N3ON is showing mercy doesn't mean you should be so smug about it.

Anyway this thread has enough trouble staying on topic as is, so.... Zero Suit Samus. Why do leakers (fake or real) bother with this stuff? Does anyone really doubt her return? If you're going to leak a transformation leak literally anyone else. ie Shiek, or the pokemon trainer pokemon as they actually have doubters.

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
**** Suit Samus is an abomination to her legacy. I hope EA makes a Metroid game and focuses entirely on her and plummets metroid into the bowels of hell for good so it may finally rest in peace.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
**** Suit Samus is an abomination to her legacy. I hope EA makes a Metroid game and focuses entirely on her and plummets metroid into the bowels of hell for good so it may finally rest in peace.
dude

wtf

D

Deleted member

Well aren't you just full of sunshine and rainbows?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
This dude also bashed lyn in the PM thread.

What's your problem bro?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Things gotten right:

1. Nintendo's 2013 lineup primarily consists of things announced in Nintendo Direct already
2. Delay of Yoshi's Yarn
3. Kirby 3DS (admittedly, easy guess, but may as well chalk it in here)
4. Mario 3D World was indeed not a Galaxy game. The rest of their comments on this matter are and certainly have been debatable, particularly on the touch screen front. I'd wager that given the footage E3 has shown us with the touching the rolling hills to make them stop and touching invisible blocks and coins and so on and so forth, that could certainly lead to that presumption.
5. Mario Kart 8 was indeed playable and shown at E3
6. A teaser for Bayonetta 2 and Yoshi's Island 3 (Yoshi's New Island) were indeed shown (well, it was more like a full trailer but once again, debatable).
7. Nintendo having some sort of big third party IP exclusive that is possibly unrelated to the Sonic exclusivity. Not long ago this happened http://gaminrealm.com/2013/12/31/3rd-party-exclusive-wii-u-2014/

Things wrong:

1. Third Nintendo exclusive Sonic title. 100% Wrong. They claimed that the third exclusive was a racing game made with the intent of releasing in 2013 since Mario Kart was delayed until 2014. While they were correct about Mario Kart being a 2014 title, they were not correct about Sonic, as there was no Sonic racing title announced, much less one made with the intent of filling the void for Mario Kart. My 2 guesses: Perhaps it was scrapped, or perhaps it's a load of hooey.

2. Smash Bros info, the very reason this is even being discussed. possibilities include that perhaps, just like the Mii, Mac and Pac rumor, this was some very early draft of the reveal trailer for Smash Bros. Whether it was because of Nintendo doing an E3 Direct instead of a proper stage conference, or Sakurai simply deciding not to show as much early on, this early plan may have been changed to be a smaller reveal... or of course the possibility that this is a bunch of hooey.

3. Retro's second 2014 title. Is it possible that it was planned to be shown at E3 then pulled, similar to what was rumored to have happened during E3 2012 (and all of it's NIntendo Land fireworks glory)? Possible. But one thing's for sure, we didn't see it at E3, so for the time being this is unfortunately wrong. Neither was it shown in any Nintendo Direct after E3 for the remainder of 2013.

Reason why this was brought up yet again in the first place:

We just had another rumor crop up (yesterday I believe) stating that a Nintendo Direct revealing "Year of Yoshi" is to happen on Thursday. Such a Nintendo Direct would have to be announced tomorrow. "Year of Yoshi" was another claim of this rumor. Should that turn out to be true, then that'll add an 8th thing gotten right.
Actually I listened to an interview with the webmaster of TSSZ, it seems like Sega in general is really messed up and is prone to changing things up. Some Sonic game had info leaked onto Steam I think and Sega basically just dumped their campaign they put money into. I believe that he probably gets early planned info most of the time. That Smash rumor was probably an early plan as you said, I can't imagine Bayonetta being in this though :/ But thing thing about Tom Nook and him seeing the invitation drop... If that Year of Yoshi thing is true and we get 3D Murasame Castle, we may as well sit back and wait for that Takamaru reveal as well.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah, that ZSS "leak" was pretty blatant.

But I'll have to keep an eye out for the Sabure Prince thing. That could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom