• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spyro the Dragon For SSB WII U. DLC

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Do you happen to know if Spyro could roll in the Legend of Spyro series too?
No, I only played the first three games, Season of Ice, and a demo of Skylanders.
I'm still willing to help in any way I can, though, especially because I have the original trilogy downloaded. (but I can't really get through all that text you guys made) :)

On that note, I think there should be some kind of reference to the skateboard, whether it's just a taunt or his final smash. That was fun :b:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
No, I only played the first three games, Season of Ice, and a demo of Skylanders.
I'm still willing to help in any way I can, though, especially because I have the original trilogy downloaded. (but I can't really get through all that text you guys made) :)

On that note, I think there should be some kind of reference to the skateboard, whether it's just a taunt or his final smash. That was fun :b:
Okay that's fine. Thanks though! :)
I agree. I don't know if it's prominent enough in the overall Spyro legacy to be a move, but it's definitely worth being a taunt at the very least. :)

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Sorry for being inactive. I've been busy with AP testing and stuff. Once school is over though, I'll have 4 months of vacation before I go to college. During that time, I'll make more images and maybe YouTube videos too. :)

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
My, things have been inactive here for a while. Time to change that! So I was playing around with Photoshop in class today, so I decided to make alternate costumes for Spyro! What do you guys think?
If you have any requested color schemes for Spyro, let me know! I'll try and make it happen! :)

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Well, I finally read the earlier posts more.

My, things have been inactive here for a while. Time to change that! So I was playing around with Photoshop in class today, so I decided to make alternate costumes for Spyro! What do you guys think?
If you have any requested color schemes for Spyro, let me know! I'll try and make it happen! :)
Those costumes look pretty great! I especially like the silver one :O

Still, though, if Spyro is going to be in the game, the Skylander version might have to be there. I think maybe we could do something like Wario in SSBB, where half of them are the old version, and the other half are the newer one.

Half of your alternate costumes could be on either version... though I'm still wondering if they'll actually look good on Skylander Spyro.

I sure hope other people start talking on this forum, though. It's sorta lonely :drsad:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Well, I finally read the earlier posts more.
Those costumes look pretty great! I especially like the silver one :O
Still, though, if Spyro is going to be in the game, the Skylander version might have to be there. I think maybe we could do something like Wario in SSBB, where half of them are the old version, and the other half are the newer one.
Half of your alternate costumes could be on either version... though I'm still wondering if they'll actually look good on Skylander Spyro.
I sure hope other people start talking on this forum, though. It's sorta lonely :drsad:
I agree. I actually started working on alternate costumes for Legend of Spyro Spyro today. My goal is to make these costumes for all three of them.
And yeah, I don't know how Skylanders Spyro will turn out, but I'll try my best with him regardless. :)
Also, yes, it is pretty quiet here. I usually just post with the hope that someone will notice it. :grin:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait, but the alternate costumes with Legend of Spyro Spyro and Skylanders Spyro are finished! (The Dark and Charcoal alts were giving me some trouble) I added them onto the Imgur album with Classic Spyro's alts: http://imgur.com/a/dQW63 (Slow computers beware!)
So what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait, but the alternate costumes with Legend of Spyro Spyro and Skylanders Spyro are finished! (The Dark and Charcoal alts were giving me some trouble) I added them onto the Imgur album with Classic Spyro's alts: http://imgur.com/a/dQW63 (Slow computers beware!)
So what do you guys think?
lol, Skylanders Spyro will never look good, even with alternate costumes.

The darker ones look OK, though.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
lol, Skylanders Spyro will never look good, even with alternate costumes.

The darker ones look OK, though.
Yeah, I really do hope that they use one of the earlier designs, or at least their own unique artwork.
What'd you think of the Legend of Spyro Spyro's alts?

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Here are my updated arguments/counterarguments for supporting Spyro in Smash.

Historical Value
Spyro has been a part of some important developments in video game history. Before his first game, open world games would conceal faraway locations in a level with fog or other methods. Spyro the Dragon introduced the concept of showing these places and having their polygon counts increase as the player nears them. Along with that, the enemy AI was also interactive during a time when most enemies had static/fixed processes. Also, Skylanders started a new age of video gaming with its introduction of interactive toys, which we can see has influenced Nintendo, as evident through the Pokemon Rumble U NFC figures and Amiibo.

Popularity
In addition, Spyro is a recognizable character. The older audiences know about him from the original and Legend of Spryo series, and the younger kids know about him because of Skylanders. He is well-known in America and Europe, though his presence in Japan is minimal. Unfortunately, before Skylanders: Spyro Adventure, which released in Japan on the Wii, 3DS, Playstation 3, and Wii U in 2013, there was no new Spyro game there for almost 10 years. I can't find any sales data on that game in Japan, so I'm not sure how many people are aware of his existence there. But then again, not that many people knew who Marth and Roy were when they first appeared in Melee. Their situations are essentially reversed--Fire Emblem wasn't well-known outside of Japan and Spyro the Dragon is well-known outside of Japan. Despite this, the developers risked adding character who most of the world did not know about to their game. And it turned out fine. Adding Spyro would pose a much smaller risk. Only the age group in between the older and younger audiences would not know him as well. Perhaps then doing the same with Spyro wouldn't be that big of a problem. Also, it is likely that the developers at Nintendo know about him because of Skylanders and the interactive toys that inspired their own line of such toys. As long as the developers are aware of this character, it is okay if his popularity is not as large as in other countries. After all, they will make the final decision.

Counter-argument: Third Party Status
Of course, it's still important to mention that because Spyro is a third-party character, he may be at a disadvantage compared to other potential choices, such as King K. Rool. We do not know to what extent the extra effort for securing a third party character will affect Nintendo's decision when choosing a character, but the costs must be in their mind. Nevertheless, they never said that it was impossible for a third party character to make it into Smash, so Spyro the Dragon still has a chance! And compared to the relationships between Nintendo and third party companies, Activision has an excellent relationship with Nintendo. Limiting the scope of this argument to Spyro, I would like to mention the predecessor to Skylanders: Name Unknown (We'll just call it Version 2). After the idea for Spyro's Kingdom was scrapped, the second version of this game was going to be made into a Nintendo Wii exclusive game. The only reason that changed was because of fan outrage. In spite of this, however, the Skylander series still has a special relationship with Nintendo. The 3DS versions of these games are always unique--the storyline and gameplay are changed. They're practically different games! Considering this information, negotiations would likely go smoother than expected with other third-party companies.

Counter-argument: Spyro isn't even the main character of his new series!
I hear this said a lot. Usually by people who haven't played the games, unfortunately. Admittedly, there is no "main character" in the series per se since you have the freedom to choose who you play (though each game's gimmick gets extra attention in the commercials and such). A member of Toys for Bob even said that they wanted Skylanders to be equally represented in the series. HOWEVER, Spyro the Dragon is still the most prominent character. If Nintendo wanted to choose a Skylander to join their game, Spyro would be the best choice.
He is still the most notable character. These distinctions continue past the first game (though there were some especially notable facts from that game). Here is a list:
1: He is the leader of the modern Skylanders.
2: He has the most playable NFC figurines out of all the Skylanders (Series 1, Dark, Legendary, Series 2, Series 3, Series 3 Dark, Mini, Elite).
3: In the games, there are collectible hats which you can equip to your Skylanders. One of them (the Trucker Hat) has Spyro on it.
4: One of the Skylanders, Trigger Happy, uses gold coins as bullets and his Series 1 artwork had Spyro's face on the coins.
5: There is a form of currency (an inner tube) you can pick up that resembles Spyro.
6: In the 3DS version of Swap Force, there is a statue of Master Eon with Spyro next to him.
7: In that same game, there is a cutout of him in the Museum.
8: Spyro is the most recurring Skylander in the novels.
9: He is the only character to have been specifically mentioned in the title of a Skylanders game. His name appears in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and Skylanders: Spyro's Universe.
Red: A distinction that is recurring and not limited to a single game.
Purple: A distinction from the first game Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.
Orange: A distinction from the second game Skylanders: Giants.
Green: A distinction from the third game Skylanders: Swap Force
White: Other category
You'll probably notice that I haven't cited anything from the newest game. That's because 1) I haven't really analyzed it yet and 2) The most important point from Trap Team that I'll be making comes a little later in the post.
Also, I haven't played the mobile Skylanders games much except for Skylanders: Lost Islands, so I don't have much information from them. From Lost Islands I could mention that Spyro is the starter character and that the menu for viewing your Skylanders has Spyro on the Portal of Power as its icon, but they're not unique distinctions of his. A few other Skylanders have these characteristics in other games.

This isn't another point because I haven't been able to verify it yet, but according to the Skylanders Wiki, "Out of all the Skylanders, Spyro is the most recognizable." No citation was added to that claim, so I have no idea why that was written. It could've been some crazed fanboy proclaiming his love for Spyro or something, but I don't know. I'll try and find out why that was added to the Trivia section later.

Anyways, a point I especially want to emphasize is the fact that Spyro received an Elite version. Introduced in Skylanders: Trap Team, Eon's Elite Skylanders are very special. There's one representing each element and the most iconic of each element is chosen. And, of course, Spyro is one of them. All of these Skylanders are special, but none are as unique as Spyro. The closest one is Trigger Happy, but even he's not on par with Spyro. The above list shows many notable and exclusive characteristics of Spyro that any other Skylander has yet to match.

Moving onto the larger issue, when referring to "Spyro games" many people refer to the classic Spyro and Legend of Spyro games yet leave out Skylanders games. By this logic, Legend of Spyro Spyro shouldn't be grouped with classic Spyro either because--like Skylanders Spyro--his series is a reboot of the original Spyro series. Yet since he still is the main protagonist--having the title, ads, and story all pertain to him--we call it a Spyro game. Skylanders Spyro should be included under this label too then.
Skylanders is interesting in that it has many protagonists. You choose which one you want to play as. Thus, Spyro is still technically a main character like in the Legend of Spyro and Spyro series, and we could call it a Spyro game, but since he's not the only choice, he shares this with all the other characters too. So it's also a Trigger Happy game, a Gill Grunt game, a Cynder game, etc. and we group this ownership under the name "Skylanders". But underneath that umbrella term, it still is a Spyro game. It's just bigger than that. For that reason, expecting game titles, ads, etc. to focus solely on him is unreasonable. He is the most prominent Skylander, yes, but that does not exclude him from sharing some of the glory. The nature and flexibility of this series require this. He cannot hog the spotlight all the time. If the above list were any larger, there would be some serious conflicts with the "choose your character" approach. Thus, with the limitations of being a Skylander in mind, Spyro the Dragon is, in fact, the most important and prominent character of them all.

Counter-argument: Spyro belongs in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
If we were talking about the classic Spyro the Dragon only, I would wholeheartedly agree. After all, he was their mascot. However, when considering the entire extent of the Spyro the Dragon series (all three versions included), the relationship with Sony is not really significant. In fact, Nintendo has a better relationship with Spyro. There have been more Nintendo-exclusive Spyro games than there have been Sony-exclusives. And everything I mentioned in the previous spoiler about Activision and Nintendo's relationship pertains to this spoiler as well. When examining the entire life of Spyro the Dragon, we find that his place in Sony is largely irrelevant. Nostalgia inflates the scope of their relationship. In reality, they have grown further apart over the years.

Counter-argument: Spyro's "Golden Age" was in the 90's
This argument is highly debatable and extremely influenced by nostalgia. Because an older audience frequents Smashboards, the majority opinion seems to believe that this is true. We think that classic Spyro had a better time because he was the sole main character of his games and he was more popular back then. The former has already been addressed, but it is important to note that the Spyro the Dragon franchise had sold at least 20 million copies and places 79th overall, while the Skylanders franchise has already become one of the top 20 bestselling franchises ever. Skylanders is very popular among the younger audience and Spyro is more popular than ever now. Spyro's second rebirth could be considered another "Golden Age" because of the immense popularity of Skylanders.

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
What'd you think of the Legend of Spyro Spyro's alts?
I never played that series so I don't like his face either :upsidedown:

The editing is really good, though; I should probably get to learning Photoshop when I can.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I did a quick run-through of the thread and noticed that nobody really mentioned Spyro's playstyle. It should represent him as a character and his game, I'd think, but I'm not really sure what that'd be.
I personally don't think he should be a rushdown character (because charging through every level never works for me :upsidedown:)

I really don't know what to talk about in this thread anymore lol
Also, I finally finished Spyro YotD. :drflip:

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I did a quick run-through of the thread and noticed that nobody really mentioned Spyro's playstyle. It should represent him as a character and his game, I'd think, but I'm not really sure what that'd be.
I personally don't think he should be a rushdown character (because charging through every level never works for me :upsidedown:)

I really don't know what to talk about in this thread anymore lol
Also, I finally finished Spyro YotD. :drflip:
Maybe it's because I'm a Pikachu main and I'm biased because of that, but I would like it if Spyro was a mix of the two playstyles. He can play aggressively sometimes with his charge/melee attacks and other times he could back off and use his breath attacks.
And yeah, relentless charging only works in certain areas. :p
Agreed. We don't get much traffic here, and so we can't hear many perspectives or opinions and spark discussions. I wonder what we can do to get more people to visit this thread (I guess that's what we'll be discussing for a while now).

Pixel_

Smash Ace
He can play aggressively sometimes with his charge/melee attacks and other times he could back off and use his breath attacks.
I guess that'd make him have a hit and run playstyle, though maybe we could do something else...?
I guess the playstyles include zoning(keep away, trapper, etc.), rushdown, spacing, all around, hit/run. though I've also seen pressure, turtle, poker, mix-up, bait/punish, dynamic, precision, and footsies.
If we go for Yokta's moveset, that's easily the dynamic playstyle, which is like:4shulk:. That might represent Spyro in the other games, but I sorta doubt it about the first trilogy.

The thing about the original Spyro trilogy is that for every enemy, you always have to position yourself and use the right move for every enemy. Using the wrong move will end up getting you beat up (ex: ramming into a large opponent leaves you open). That seems like Marth and his precision/zoning style, but it still doesn't sound right.

I wonder what we can do to get more people to visit this thread (I guess that's what we'll be discussing for a while now).
Did you mean discuss how to get more people in the thread, or Spyro's playstyle?
Anyway, I'm not really sure how to get more people in the thread. I already have a link in my sig, but other than that, I don't know.
We could keep talking to bump the thread a bunch of times, but I mean, well, yeah.

A bunch of random sidenotes:
- You don't have to like all my posts, lol
- Oops, I forgot the second one.
- Finished YotD, which game do I do next? :upsidedown:

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
To date I wonder if he got in, his Skylander figure could work in a similar way as an Amiibo lol.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
To date I wonder if he got in, his Skylander figure could work in a similar way as an Amiibo lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZNoyD9S3EA ...lol
I guess this might give Spyro more of a chance...?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I checked in with the forum rules. It seems like we really need to stay on topic:
http://smashboards.com/threads/character-discussion-guidelines-listings.324452/
I think the section that applies to us is this:
"Character Discussion Threads

Making character discussions is the biggest part of this forum. Users can create threads to support certain characters, and speculate how they'd work out. The threads can also apply to a certain franchise, and cover all the characters from that very franchise.

However, character threads should try to be well developed, which include not only an image of the character, but also his/her backstory, possible movesets, and possible playstyles."

What does it mean by backstory?

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So, Skylanders DK and Bowser happened.

In all honesty, this shoots up Spyro's chances greatly in my opinion. Spyro would sell better than another Skylander and is the most iconic, so it makes sense. I wish they would clean up his design a little, but I can say I can see it happen now.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I was hoping during the Direct, that would mean Spyro would get in... or Crash just to see how Sony would had reacted to it lol.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Sorry I haven't posted much. I'm gonna be leaving on vacation soon. You'll have to hold down the fort while I'm gone then. :grin:
I guess that'd make him have a hit and run playstyle, though maybe we could do something else...?
I guess the playstyles include zoning(keep away, trapper, etc.), rushdown, spacing, all around, hit/run. though I've also seen pressure, turtle, poker, mix-up, bait/punish, dynamic, precision, and footsies.
If we go for Yokta's moveset, that's easily the dynamic playstyle, which is like:4shulk:. That might represent Spyro in the other games, but I sorta doubt it about the first trilogy.

The thing about the original Spyro trilogy is that for every enemy, you always have to position yourself and use the right move for every enemy. Using the wrong move will end up getting you beat up (ex: ramming into a large opponent leaves you open). That seems like Marth and his precision/zoning style, but it still doesn't sound right.
The thing with Spyro is that there are many different movesets he could get and a different playstyle could fit each one.

Did you mean discuss how to get more people in the thread, or Spyro's playstyle?
Anyway, I'm not really sure how to get more people in the thread. I already have a link in my sig, but other than that, I don't know.
We could keep talking to bump the thread a bunch of times, but I mean, well, yeah.
E3 gave us a boost it seems. :grin:

A bunch of random sidenotes:
- You don't have to like all my posts, lol
- Oops, I forgot the second one.
- Finished YotD, which game do I do next? :upsidedown:
I usually like the posts I agree with or think are good. I didn't notice that I was liking all your posts though, lol. I'll temper it. :upsidedown:
The Gameboy games, Season of Ice and Season of Flame, are really good. I recommend those. A Hero's Tail is also a pretty fun game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZNoyD9S3EA ...lol
I guess this might give Spyro more of a chance...?
So, Skylanders DK and Bowser happened.

In all honesty, this shoots up Spyro's chances greatly in my opinion. Spyro would sell better than another Skylander and is the most iconic, so it makes sense. I wish they would clean up his design a little, but I can say I can see it happen now.
They did say that they want to work together more in the future, so it is much more of a possibility now. I don't know if that makes Spyro the most likely third-party character or anything, but his chances definitely did increase.

Anyway, I checked in with the forum rules. It seems like we really need to stay on topic:
http://smashboards.com/threads/character-discussion-guidelines-listings.324452/
I think the section that applies to us is this:
"Character Discussion Threads

Making character discussions is the biggest part of this forum. Users can create threads to support certain characters, and speculate how they'd work out. The threads can also apply to a certain franchise, and cover all the characters from that very franchise.

However, character threads should try to be well developed, which include not only an image of the character, but also his/her backstory, possible movesets, and possible playstyles."

What does it mean by backstory?
We've been doing that, and this E3 Skylanders news definitely relates to the character. I guess since some characters have unclear or conflicting backstories, people might talk about that.

I was hoping during the Direct, that would mean Spyro would get in... or Crash just to see how Sony would had reacted to it lol.
It's still possible in the future. Baby steps. :grin:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I'm not getting my hopes up. Yeah, Skylanders is popular, but how popular is it in Japan? Only the first game was localized there, albeit as a Wii U exclusive for some reason. Coupled with the fact that Spyro's brand is next to worthless in Japan due to a botched localization, I don't think Skylanders is popular in the one nation that matters when it comes to Smash inclusion.

Then again, I could be wrong. When the Nintendo Digital Event was uploaded to Nintendo of Japan's official Youtube channel, the announcement of the exclusive Supercharged figurines wasn't edited out. In fact, the entire segment was even subbed! Considering that Activision doesn't have a Japanese wing, I imagine Japanese fans would be very confused watching the representative of a company they've never heard of promote figures they'll never find in stores for a game they won't be able to play. Perhaps Skylanders Supercharged will be localized to Japan in the future, maybe to celebrate the inclusion of a certain purple dragon in Smash?

Game Boy Blue

Smash Cadet
I have a few, what I believe logic conclusions, I will then present you with a petition. Sign it, Share it, post about it, spread it.

1) Bowser and DK are coming to a new hybrid toy line that is both Skylander and Amiibo, it has a twistable base to switch settings. It is likely we will see more of these, likely more Nintendo characters though also a noteworthy chance Skylander ones. And a Spyro hybrid amiibo is the most likely.

2) If Spyro is made in this way, then he would come to Smash, because it is the game that is Nintendo's closest equivalent of Bowser romping around with the Skylanders. Perhaps you'd get some Spyro Mario Kart hat or other spin, but this would be the most logical for a cross over event, a Spyro Smash Bros DLC.

3) If Spyro comes to Smash, like he did with Ghostly Adventures Pac Man, or Sonic Boom Sonic, Or New Leaf Villager, Sakurai will instead choose a more classic design, to represent more classic and core gameplay.

4) This makes sense from a bisness perspective, as a classic Spyro Hybrid Amiibo plays on the adoration of fans of both Classic and Legend spyro, as the model between the two are more similar.

5) Profit

6) https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-activision-spyro-for-smash-bros-and-amiibo https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spyro-for-Smash-Bros/713522018771313?fref=ts

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Hey guys...
If there's two amiibo/Skylander figures (:4bowser:and:4dk:), could there be two Skylander/Spyro representatives in Sm4sh???

This... this is too much for me, guys D:
I feel like Crash Bandicoot could get in the game too :surprised:

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
This... this is too much for me, guys D:
I feel like Crash Bandicoot could get in the game too :surprised:
In all honesty, Crash is far more likely to make it into Smash than Spyro, if only because he was actually popular in Japan at some point. In fact, he was arguably the very first Western videogame character to be popular in the nation.
But Crash and Spyro are linked together in so many different ways, there'd be an uproar if one of them made it into Smash and not the other. So I'm gunning for Crash Bandicoot by proxy.
Besides, if Activision could put two reps in Smash, who else would they be able to pick? Soap McTavish? Lars Ümlaut? Tony Hawk?

Pixel_

Smash Ace
In all honesty, Crash is far more likely to make it into Smash than Spyro, if only because he was actually popular in Japan at some point. In fact, he was arguably the very first Western videogame character to be popular in the nation.
But Crash and Spyro are linked together in so many different ways, there'd be an uproar if one of them made it into Smash and not the other. So I'm gunning for Crash Bandicoot by proxy.
Besides, if Activision could put two reps in Smash, who else would they be able to pick? Soap McTavish? Lars Ümlaut? Tony Hawk?
I would have been fine with the statement that Crash has more chance to get in Smash IF that Bowser/Donkey Kong thing never happened.

Also, if Tony Hawk got into Smash....
:smash:

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
wow, i'm surprised Spyro didn't get more support for him to be in Smash Bros. after the collaboration with Activision's Skylanders.

With Bowser and DK becoming Skylanders, i completely support Spyro being in smash, after thinking about it for a little bit... it's hard to believe that Spyro is going to be standing right next to Bowser or DK in the same game. but lo and behold. it's happening.

although i love his classic look back in the Playstation days, i can't help but expect them to use his Skylander look if he were to be included.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
See, I've fallen away from Spyro, and from Slime, because the ballot is a popularity contest. These are both characters I think people would be really excited if they saw them, but aren't getting the votes. I think it's more a Smash 5 thing where Sakurai (or whoever is the producer if he steps down) can surprise us and make characters we never knew we wanted, but that looks really good.

There's just not much point supporting someone who doesn't win a bunch of polls anymore. Though I still voted Slime in the hopes that Japan will pick up the slack on Dragon Quest... Spyro is more reliant on the companies coming to a deal (possibly for help with Amiibo) which we can't really effect at this point.

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
This thread's been empty for a while ._.

I recently got the first game of Legend of Spyro and I have to say, it's absolutely terrible having Spyro switch between breaths actually sounds relevant to both the Legend of Spyro series and the original trilogy. Hopefully, it won't end up being as complicated as Shulk's Monado arts, though.
Still not sure about Skylander's, though; I haven't played it much.
Spyro is more reliant on the companies coming to a deal (possibly for help with Amiibo) which we can't really effect at this point.
This is what's worrying me the most right now; I think I heard somewhere that Sakurai will add DLC only as fan service now.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
That's why I've backed off, I think he's decently likely for Smash 5, especially given SE's bullsh*t this generation and Konami becoming fairly irrelevant; Activision and Ubisoft have to be in the front-running for characters then; but DLC will be somewhat limited anyway, especially as they'll want Smash way earlier in the NX's life.

Jasae Bushae

Smash Cadet
Id give him some chance with the recent skylanders tie ins with Nintendo (and Spyro being the mascot for Skylanders) so it is possible.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Hey guys, I'm back now! :)

I'm sure most of you don't pay attention to Skylanders news, so I'll share some info with you guys. As of right now, no new Spyro Skylander has been announced yet. What's weird is that most of the other "main" Skylanders--specifically Trigger Happy, Stealth Elf, Gill Grunt, Eruptor, and Terrafin--already have their new figures. This suggests that something big for Spyro might be in development right now--something like a Skylander/Amiibo hybrid. So the chance of Spyro getting into Smash is still pretty high right now. Now this next part is a longshot, but please bear with me: New figures for a Skylander usually make several aesthetic changes (as seen in a comparison of these two photos: 1 & 2). So this next figure for Spyro could be altered so that he looks a lot more like his classic version. This would only make sense if there was an agreement for Spyro to appear in Smash, however, since that would be big fan service.
Anyways, I'm not sure if another Skylander would get in with him. As I said before, many of the big ones already have their new figures made. As for Crash, I don't think Activision is going to let anyone touch him yet since they have "plans" for him. Once his series is rebooted, though, then I would say that his chances are higher. (And, for the record, Crash's chances of getting in are lower than Spyro's mainly because he doesn't have something like Skylanders, which is very successful and impactful on the video gaming industry, backing him. Though I do think that them coming in together would be really awesome. :grin:)

I've always been partial to the first 6 seconds of Spyro 2's first level, Glimmer

It pretty much is a start and ending. Of course i'm absurdly bias'd with Spyro 2 being my first ever game >_>

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
If Spyro got in Smash, I'd react similarly to what I did with Megaman; extreme hype.
Don't matter what design he'd get, I'd still love it. And cry because I couldn't buy him. :p

Sign me up for supporting the other purple dragon!

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
Sign me up for supporting the other purple dragon!
now i just want Ridley, Spyro, and Purple Charizard all on one screen. XD

welcome to the supporters BTW!

Top Bottom