• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spyro the Dragon For SSB WII U. DLC

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I'm gonna take that signature, if you don't mind.
Anyway, here's a little changelog to that theoretical moveset I posted on reddit a while back.

• Spyro's Forward air was used to throw Elemental Bombs. This is obviously completely unintuitive, since it prevents Spyro from using the bombs on the ground. Therefore, Spyro's Bombs are now assigned to Neutral Special. Swapping Elements has been moved to Down Special, and the Horn Dive is now Spyro's down air.
  • The Wing Shield has been removed entirely, since it was only used in one game where it was entirely ineffective outside of one level.
  • Spyro's new Forward Air is the finisher to his aerial combos in the Legend series: a frontflip with a meteor sweetspot.
  • Swapping elements is now instantaneous for the default and first custom Down Special. The second custom, Instant Swap, is replaced with Explosive Swap. A weak blast is released when Spyro switches elements, but he cannot use this move quickly in succession.
  • Since the Elemental Bombs are now specials, they have two custom variants. The first is Elemental Pellets: they can be fired much faster, but are weaker and smaller to compensate. The second is Crazy Bomb: these bombs have different, unconventional arcs:
    • Crazy Fire Bombs have a sort of wave pattern.
    • Crazy Earth Bombs follow a high arc, but upon reaching the apex they will quickly plummet straight downwards.
    • Crazy Ice Bombs fall very slowly, but alternate floating left and right very quickly, like snowflakes.
    • Crazy Electric Bombs are slow at first, but very quickly gain horizontal speed.
  • I still haven't conclusively solved the grab problem. One redditor suggested using his biting moves from Dawn of the Dragon, but I'm worried that might come off as a bit too savage in comparison to the rest of his moves. I was thinking perhaps Spyro could pounce on them like a lion and pummel with his horns. This isn't a perfect solution, as it would lead to difficulty designing his throws, but perhaps you might be able to help?
Go for it. We need to spread the word! :)
I imagine his grab could be him getting up and kinda standing on two legs (more like at a diagonal angle, not completely upright) and reaching for his opponent. In The Legend of Spyro series, he has repeatedly been shown to stand on two legs. So this isn't far-fetched. As for his pummel, he could just headbutt his opponents kinda like how Mario does it. His up throw could be him moving his head downwards, trapping his opponent in between his horns, and then moving his head upwards, which frees them and throws them up. His forward throw could be him blasting his opponent with a fire ball (maybe even Daybringer Flame from Skylanders) at close range, causing them to be launched after the impact. His back throw could be him throwing his opponent under him and kicking them as they slide between his legs. His down throw could be a mix between something like Charizard's Seismic Toss and Spyro's Earth Pound (which is also from Skylanders). He would take his opponent while flying over the ground, and hit them into the ground headfirst, followed by his own impact with the ground, causing a small shockwave that launches them.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Spyro and Smash Bros Logo.png
The reason I'm showing this image here is because I was wondering if we could add it to the OP (but only if you guys think it is worthy enough).

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
His forward throw could be him blasting his opponent with a fire ball (maybe even Daybringer Flame from Skylanders) at close range, causing them to be launched after the impact. His back throw could be him throwing his opponent under him and kicking them as they slide between his legs. His down throw could be a mix between something like Charizard's Seismic Toss and Spyro's Earth Pound (which is also from Skylanders). He would take his opponent while flying over the ground, and hit them into the ground headfirst, followed by his own impact with the ground, causing a small shockwave that launches them.
Actually, I might retract my comment about Spyro grabbing with his mouth. If it worked for the Duck Hunt dog, it should work fine for Spyro.
His pummel attack could be his elemental breath. It's not nearly as strong as his standard breath, since he's only breathing through his nostrils. But that makes it perfect for dealing pummel damage.
I also like your throw suggestions, aside from one thing. You have to remember that, with the moveset I've come up with, any attacks that utilize an element at all will use the element that Spyro currently has equipped with his Down special. For example, if he has Electricity equipped, his forward throw will emit an electric orb and his down throw will emit an electric shockwave.

Now let's discuss taunts. Down taunt: pops a manual on his skateboard from YotD. Side taunt: "You're Toast!"
Not sure what his up taunt should be yet. Perhaps Sparx could fly circles around him?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I'm a huge Spyro fan. Spyro is perhaps the game that is the closest to my heart. I remember walking into Blockbuster and buying the first Spyro the Dragon game from there. I remember calling my cousin in Florida for help on the game, seeing as I kept getting lost. I remember ordering the other two games off of ebay, and running around the house in joy. I remember ust sitting in front of the tv, playing Spyro for days straight. Hell, I even was able to enjoy Enter the Dragonfly as a kid...kinda, if only due to the fact I thought it was cool for being Spyro. I even dreamed of Spyro in Super Smash Bros Melee, when sleeping over at my cousins house in NJ.

That being said, I DO NOT WANT SPYRO IN AS DLC, AT LEAST IN THE CURRENT SPYRO STATE.

I'm sorry, but Skylanders Spyro is not what I want Spyro to be. In all honesty, that should not be a problem. He's not even the main attraction of Skylanders. But if they go for Spyro, it will be this design. Unlike Pac Man, who was far more iconic in his retro style than in GHostly Adventures, Spyro is neck in neck with his Skylanders self, if not losing. Skylanders, as much as I hate to say it, is a massive success. It makes sense to add Spyro on those grounds, but unless we get a reason to add real spyro over the ugly pit bull that is his Skylanders self, which unlesss they reboot Spyro, would be his design, I do not want.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I have to say it: I don't hate Skylanders.
I'm not interested in buying it or any of its figurines, but the Spyro redesign isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Yeah, he looks a little different, but calling him ugly seems like quite an overreaction. Heck, I think he looks pretty cool like that. Not as good as classic Spyro, obviously, but I can't blame them for taking the road they did.
I'd also be a hypocrite if I criticized their figurine strategy, considering I have fifteen amiibo gathering dust below the TV and six more written down for preordering. Also, Gearshift is ****ing awesome.
Besides, now that a new generation is idolising Spyro, the demand for a classic style Spyro platformer is higher than it's ever been this decade. They might market it as a Skylanders spinoff, but if it looks like a Spyro game and plays like a Spyro game then it pretty much is a Spyro game in my eyes.
Frankly we should be glad Spyro's legend didn't end in 2008 with the Legend of Spyro.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Actually, I might retract my comment about Spyro grabbing with his mouth. If it worked for the Duck Hunt dog, it should work fine for Spyro.
His pummel attack could be his elemental breath. It's not nearly as strong as his standard breath, since he's only breathing through his nostrils. But that makes it perfect for dealing pummel damage.
I also like your throw suggestions, aside from one thing. You have to remember that, with the moveset I've come up with, any attacks that utilize an element at all will use the element that Spyro currently has equipped with his Down special. For example, if he has Electricity equipped, his forward throw will emit an electric orb and his down throw will emit an electric shockwave.

Now let's discuss taunts. Down taunt: pops a manual on his skateboard from YotD. Side taunt: "You're Toast!"
Not sure what his up taunt should be yet. Perhaps Sparx could fly circles around him?
Oh, right. His side taunt might be "All Fired Up" instead just cuz of Activision and Skylanders. Just saying. Anyways, I think Sparx could fly around him and maybe give him a high five or something. Or he could say something encouraging. Or he could dance.

I'm a huge Spyro fan. Spyro is perhaps the game that is the closest to my heart. I remember walking into Blockbuster and buying the first Spyro the Dragon game from there. I remember calling my cousin in Florida for help on the game, seeing as I kept getting lost. I remember ordering the other two games off of ebay, and running around the house in joy. I remember ust sitting in front of the tv, playing Spyro for days straight. Hell, I even was able to enjoy Enter the Dragonfly as a kid...kinda, if only due to the fact I thought it was cool for being Spyro. I even dreamed of Spyro in Super Smash Bros Melee, when sleeping over at my cousins house in NJ.

That being said, I DO NOT WANT SPYRO IN AS DLC, AT LEAST IN THE CURRENT SPYRO STATE.

I'm sorry, but Skylanders Spyro is not what I want Spyro to be. In all honesty, that should not be a problem. He's not even the main attraction of Skylanders. But if they go for Spyro, it will be this design. Unlike Pac Man, who was far more iconic in his retro style than in GHostly Adventures, Spyro is neck in neck with his Skylanders self, if not losing. Skylanders, as much as I hate to say it, is a massive success. It makes sense to add Spyro on those grounds, but unless we get a reason to add real spyro over the ugly pit bull that is his Skylanders self, which unlesss they reboot Spyro, would be his design, I do not want.
That was touching to hear. I'm glad Spyro was a good part of your childhood too. :)
But I have to say. People do overreact to Spyro's new design. He's still obviously a purple dragon. Like @ Yokta Yokta , I prefer the older Spyro, but I don't hate the newer one. The only real complaint I have with his Skylanders design is his red eyes. And he still has somewhat of a special role in that series. He is the leader, of course. He has the largest number of different figures too (7 different statues). And in the game, they have various smaller things added in to pay tribute to him.
But anyways, I'll just say this: If Spyro was chosen for DLC, he could be either in his original or newer design. It's still pretty much a coinflip. On one side, Super Smash Bros. celebrates video game history. It is likely that they would base his Smash design on the classic Spyro. And on the other, Activision would probably want Skylander Spyro in the game (though this isn't certain). So there's still a chance they'd take the more nostalgic route with him.
In my opinion, the best way to use Spyro in Smash 4 is to:
1) Base his design on classic Spyro
2) Make the majority of his moveset based on The Legend of Spyro version (though some Skylanders moves should be mixed in here to add more for kids who aren't familiar with classic Spyro)
3) Use Skylanders Spyro's voice actor

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
So I've noticed a pattern with the current third-party representatives: Each franchise is represented by one fighter, one stage with unique music, one Assist Trophy and at least ten collectable trophies. If a representative of a new third-party franchise is released as DLC, I'd expect a DLC bundle containing these elements to not be far behind. There's a strong chance that they won't do that, since acquiring the rights to the fighter alone is enough of a hassle, but it makes for good speculation.

Anyway, Spyro's stage should involve the hot air balloons from Spyro 1. They're the only physical object besides Spyro himself with the ability to travel to locales with different themes. If the fight took place on top of one of these balloons, the fight could be affected by cannonballs one minute and terraforming wizards the next! It will be called "Dragon Realms," and it will be awesome.
The assist trophy representative couldn't be anyone but Sgt. Byrd. He can fly around, fire missiles and drop bombs. There might not be much else to him, but that sort of specialization makes him absolutely perfect as an assist trophy. It's just so easy to see play out in your head, isn't it?

I'd like to point out that, of all the non-generic equipment types, it only makes sense for Spyro to use the Claws / Fake Nails. You could make a case for the Magic Stone, but that would be two different attack equipment types and nothing for defense and speed, so there's no point in doing that. The solution: Spyro would need to come with two unique equipment types of his own: one for defense and one for speed.
Defense is obvious: Dragonflies. Spyro's dragonfly companion is capable of absorbing damage for him in the classic games, and he can even protect characters other than Spyro. So, logically, since a dragonfly is not bound to its dragon companion, Spyro could equip any dragonfly for use in Smash. So we have the common Dragonfly, the uncommon Courageous Dragonfly and of course, the rare Sparx the Dragonfly.
His Speed equipment requires a larger stretch of the imagination. The closest thing to an obvious choice would be custom Wings, but does it really make sense for Spyro to be able to do that? Then again, I don't know how Mr. Game and Watch can swap out his own microchip without shutting down, so maybe looking at this sort of thing logically isn't the best way to go. Hell, why don't we just let him use the Booster types?

But seriously, I don't know why I'm making such a case for a fighter that will never join the fight within Smash 4's lifetime. I don't know if Spyro will even join the fight within Sakurai's lifetime. I guess I'm just setting out to prove that my vote wasn't a 100% waste.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
So I've noticed a pattern with the current third-party representatives: Each franchise is represented by one fighter, one stage with unique music, one Assist Trophy and at least ten collectable trophies. If a representative of a new third-party franchise is released as DLC, I'd expect a DLC bundle containing these elements to not be far behind. There's a strong chance that they won't do that, since acquiring the rights to the fighter alone is enough of a hassle, but it makes for good speculation.

Anyway, Spyro's stage should involve the hot air balloons from Spyro 1. They're the only physical object besides Spyro himself with the ability to travel to locales with different themes. If the fight took place on top of one of these balloons, the fight could be affected by cannonballs one minute and terraforming wizards the next! It will be called "Dragon Realms," and it will be awesome.
The assist trophy representative couldn't be anyone but Sgt. Byrd. He can fly around, fire missiles and drop bombs. There might not be much else to him, but that sort of specialization makes him absolutely perfect as an assist trophy. It's just so easy to see play out in your head, isn't it?

I'd like to point out that, of all the non-generic equipment types, it only makes sense for Spyro to use the Claws / Fake Nails. You could make a case for the Magic Stone, but that would be two different attack equipment types and nothing for defense and speed, so there's no point in doing that. The solution: Spyro would need to come with two unique equipment types of his own: one for defense and one for speed.
Defense is obvious: Dragonflies. Spyro's dragonfly companion is capable of absorbing damage for him in the classic games, and he can even protect characters other than Spyro. So, logically, since a dragonfly is not bound to its dragon companion, Spyro could equip any dragonfly for use in Smash. So we have the common Dragonfly, the uncommon Courageous Dragonfly and of course, the rare Sparx the Dragonfly.
His Speed equipment requires a larger stretch of the imagination. The closest thing to an obvious choice would be custom Wings, but does it really make sense for Spyro to be able to do that? Then again, I don't know how Mr. Game and Watch can swap out his own microchip without shutting down, so maybe looking at this sort of thing logically isn't the best way to go. Hell, why don't we just let him use the Booster types?

But seriously, I don't know why I'm making such a case for a fighter that will never join the fight within Smash 4's lifetime. I don't know if Spyro will even join the fight within Sakurai's lifetime. I guess I'm just setting out to prove that my vote wasn't a 100% waste.
I approve of your idea for the stage and assist trophy. :) (We could also use Hunter too since I don't think any assist trophies use a bow and arrow. Plus, he was in both the classic AND the Legend of Spyro series.)
As for the equipment, I like what you're saying. I'll just add some more info. In Skylanders, you can add hats to characters to change their stats. For defense, there is a hat equipment, which is for Ness, but it could work with Spyro too. I'd personally prefer the dragonflies, but that is a possibility if the developers want to save time. And another thing I'll mention is that custom wings is something Spyro could do. Series 2 Spyro from Skylanders has some enhancements on his wings:
I've asked myself that question a lot too. For me, it's just in my nature to want to try. I made the conscious choice to vote for Spyro and so now, I'm gonna support that purple dragon 'til the very end! I didn't know of any other vocal supporters for Spyro at the time, and I felt like nobody had Spyro's back. So I've been trying to do a lot to support him. It's a lot of work and the odds are against us, but perseverance is a good trait to practice and develop. And hey, even if Spyro doesn't make it in Smash 4, he might have a shot in Smash 5 just because there'll be a lot of time for negotiations with Activision. :)

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Know what the sad thing is? I've gone to such an immense length to theorise Spyro's place in the roster that the game now feels completely empty without him. And I have no choice but to tolerate that feeling for at least the next two years, if we're lucky.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Know what the sad thing is? I've gone to such an immense length to theorise Spyro's place in the roster that the game now feels completely empty without him. And I have no choice but to tolerate that feeling for at least the next two years, if we're lucky.
You know, I think this might apply to a lot of fans. The ballot can be pretty divisive, and some fans are going to be left unhappy. I find comfort in the fact that at least this ballot will make someone happy. Even if that someone may not be me, I'd still be glad.
And also, the way I see it, the journey we've undertaken to get Spyro in Smash makes it all worth it. For me, personally, a lot of good has come from this. I've met a lot of great people and I've been able to get better at Photoshop. I'm learning to use social media and I'm honing my skills at creating a persuasive argument. There's a lot to learn from this, even if it ends in failure.
I hope these thoughts can help fill that void for you.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Spyro the Dragon was one of my favorite childhood video games and it would be awesome to see him in Smash but I just don't see it happening at the moment. Even if he does make it in, they will most likely use his horrid Skylanders design and not his classic one but hey, let's just hope for the best, shall we?

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Spyro the Dragon was one of my favorite childhood video games and it would be awesome to see him in Smash but I just don't see it happening at the moment. Even if he does make it in, they will most likely use his horrid Skylanders design and not his classic one but hey, let's just hope for the best, shall we?
I'll be honest with you. I HATED Spyro's design when Skylanders came out. Over time, though, I kinda just got used to it. To be fair, it wasn't so bad that I couldn't even recognize him, and besides, he was going to look much worse. (Trust me when I say that we got the better design.)
And also, there is a chance we would still get the classic Spyro. if Nintendo wants to celebrate Spyro's history, they would use that version of him. But at the same time, Activision might push for new Spyro, so that's why we really don't know. It can go either way. And so like you said, yes, let's hope for the best. :)

Spyro and crash are perfect for smash, don't know how they could ever make it in sadly.
If you don't mind, can you tell me why you think that? I'm just curious. Like, to me, the biggest problems I see with Spyro is him being third party and his minimal presence in Japan (they went 10 years without a Spyro game until Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure came out for the Wii U in 2013). But they're not big obstacles. For the former, I feel that since all the "iconic" third-parties are in, we currently have no real standard to define a "worthy" third-party character. Nonetheless, Spyro was once considered to be a Sony mascot*, which makes him pretty valuable already. Also, his first game brought some new innovations to open world games, and his latest appearance has coincided with the "interactive toys revolution" for video games (you know, "toys with brains"). As for the latter hindrance, at the very least, the older part of the audience likely know Spyro because of the original series and the younger part probably know him because of Skylanders. It's really the crowd in the middle that might not recognize him. This doesn't have to be a problem though because as we saw with Roy (and to a lesser extent Marth) in Melee, the audience received him well. In fact, Spyro is in a better position than him since he already has a game out in Japan at the moment. Furthermore, since it's only available on the Wii U there, putting Spyro in Smash would make sales for Skylanders games in Japan increase, which would directly benefit Nintendo. Furthermore, we know that Nintendo knows about Skylanders and Spyro because they obviously were inspired by that series to make Amiibo and Pokemon Rumble U NFC figurines.
Of course, these were the problems that I saw. My way of thinking is not the same as yours. So did you have a different issue in mind with Spyro's inclusion?

* This is just a random fact I remembered. Out of all games in the classic Spyro series, 30% (the first 3) were Sony exclusive while 50% were Nintendo exclusive.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Hmm, this thread has been inactive for a while. That needs to be fixed! :grin:

So, I've made a ton of Spyro images now, and I'm kinda running low on steam at the moment. School has been using up all my creative energy. So do you guys have any ideas for new Spyro avatars and signatures and stuff?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I wouldn't want Spyro to be in Super Smash Bros, but if by sheer dumb luck he does make it in someday, I'll be more than willing to try him out.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I figured I'd share a Pit codec I wrote up a couple of weeks ago. I kinda like it. Anyway:
---
"Don't underestimate him, Pit."
"Huh?"
"Just because Spyro is smaller than most dragons doesn't mean he'll be easy to take down."
"I wasn't thinking that!"
"You were definitely thinking that."
"Why would you think that?"
"First of all: Telepathy. Secondly, you were clearly winding up to kick him like a football.
"I wouldn't recommend you do that, Pit. Unless you want to get burned, electrocuted, frozen and buried. In that order."
"No, I'm pretty sure I do not want that."
"In that case, pay attention to the element Spyro is using. That element will dictate how some of his more dynamic attacks are executed, allowing you to counter his strengths and exploit his weaknesses."
"Gee, can't I just stick with the usual game plan? You know, hacky-slashy pointy-shooty. I mean, it worked on the big guys..."
"Sometimes I wonder if you only call for my help because you like the stimulating conversation."
"That's just the icing on the partnership cake, Lady Palutena!"

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
This is honestly out-of-context yet still related to Spyro nonetheless, I've been wondering what the Thieves faces look like in A Hero's Tail, the fifth installment of Spyro games.
I understand that -
- 'Spyro the Dragon' has the same creepy model of which I shown previously.
- 'Spyro: Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer' actually has a more Arabian style in clothing, and you can only see their eyes. They're pretty much the only one I've seen that actually doesn't look like they could give a little kid nightmares. Not to mention out of all the thieves, you can see their face the easiest. They only appear in the Shady Oasis, though.
- 'Spyro: Year of the Dragon' has the same Thief models as Spyro the Dragon. Wierd. The prequel has them updated somewhat in graphics yet they remain unchanged in this game.
- 'Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly' has the same face as Spyro the Dragon and YotD, just with a somewhat better graphical model? I dunno. The game was considered terrible and I never really owned the game. I only know this through Spyro Wiki.

I remember having A Hero's Tail as a kid, I seen what they look like (they look way more detailed, their hood and robes are actually separate of each other rather being just one piece of clothing) I have just never seen their face, and I only really encountered two. I never really completed the game, I only got up to the 2nd World during the time I had my original XBox.

Also, Thieves are the most recurring of any Spyro enemy. More proof for them being an assist trophy.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
This is honestly out-of-context yet still related to Spyro nonetheless, I've been wondering what the Thieves faces look like in A Hero's Tail, the fifth installment of Spyro games.
I understand that -
- 'Spyro the Dragon' has the same creepy model of which I shown previously.
- 'Spyro: Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer' actually has a more Arabian style in clothing, and you can only see their eyes. They're pretty much the only one I've seen that actually doesn't look like they could give a little kid nightmares. Not to mention out of all the thieves, you can see their face the easiest. They only appear in the Shady Oasis, though.
- 'Spyro: Year of the Dragon' has the same Thief models as Spyro the Dragon. Wierd. The prequel has them updated somewhat in graphics yet they remain unchanged in this game.
- 'Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly' has the same face as Spyro the Dragon and YotD, just with a somewhat better graphical model? I dunno. The game was considered terrible and I never really owned the game. I only know this through Spyro Wiki.

I remember having A Hero's Tail as a kid, I seen what they look like (they look way more detailed, their hood and robes are actually separate of each other rather being just one piece of clothing) I have just never seen their face, and I only really encountered two. I never really completed the game, I only got up to the 2nd World during the time I had my original XBox.

Also, Thieves are the most recurring of any Spyro enemy. More proof for them being an assist trophy.
I'm guessing you already saw this picture on the Spyro Wiki:
It's been a long time since I last played that game, so I don't remember how they looked exactly, but this person's papercraft version looks really familiar to me:

It'd be pretty cool if the thieve was an assist trophy. :) (Though I still want sheep too)

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Spyro would be great in Smash Bros. As far as his design goes, I think his modern design needs to be heavily modified before it would feel right to have it in Smash. His classic design is best, his Legend of Spyro look is good, but his Skylanders look just isn't great- it would be best to create a hybrid design (as Smash usually does).
The body of all the Spyros are pretty much the same/I have no preference, but the head needs to be changed around. I figure, give him the horns style seen in Skylanders, the eyes of Legend of Spyro, and the snout of classic Spyro.

As far as his moveset goes, I really want to see Sparx represented in it. I'd be immensely disappointed if he wasn't a prominent appearance in one or two moves.

For Assist Trophies, Hunter, egg Thief, or Sgt Byrd would all be good choices. A Dragon Realms stage would be awesome, touring locations... you could have background appearances of Money Bags, Crystalized Dragons, and Gnasty Gnorc.

Also, Spyro's alternate colors could reference other dragons from the series, particularly Cynder.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
If the Spyro series becomes a part of Smash Brothers, I'd go all in on either Trigger Happy or Cynder being the Assist Trophy. As much as I dislike the fact, classic Spyro fans are outnumbered by a new generation of Skylanders enthusiasts. In fact, since Spyro's Japanese hiatus started with Spyro 3 and ended with Skylanders, most other picks for Assist Trophies would be unrecognizable. Even if the Western market can influence a place for Spyro in Smash, everything else is up to the Japanese developers. None of them would even know who characters like Sgt. Byrd and Ember even are, let alone how to implement them into Smash Brothers.

Why Trigger Happy and Cynder, though? Trigger Happy might be the most recognizable original Skylander, and Cynder is the only Skylander besides Spyro himself to originate from a title released before Skylanders. (I don't know why they didn't get any other classic Spyro characters to make an appearance in Skylanders, but that's a topic for another thread.)

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
If the Spyro series becomes a part of Smash Brothers, I'd go all in on either (I don't know why they didn't get any other classic Spyro characters to make an appearance in Skylanders, but that's a topic for another thread.)
That's a great point... seems like Hunter, Sgt Byrd, and Sheila all would have made good Skylanders (after being redesigned to fit the Skylanders style).

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
There are currently 4 Spyro characters in Skylanders:
Spyro, Cynder, Sparx (as an assist item), and Moneybags (renamed Auric)
I'd love to see a mix of the designs too, but classic Spyro's iconic horns are a must.
I don't know if he should be able to fly or not though. What do you guys think?

Also, yeah. Unfortunately, it'd probably be better to use Skylanders as assist trophies. But I don't see why at least someone from every Spyro series can't be a trophy.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Last edited:

Fulsaburgore

Smash Cadet
It's alright. It was my first anyways. So uh...Any of you here aside from me like skylanderss? In my honest opinion as much as a cash in skylanders maybe it's atleast still fun andthe charecters/Figures look really great and I know there are others who like kt but a lot of the SPYRO community from what I've heard just doesnt like it

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
It's alright. It was my first anyways. So uh...Any of you here aside from me like skylanderss? In my honest opinion as much as a cash in skylanders maybe it's atleast still fun andthe charecters/Figures look really great and I know there are others who like kt but a lot of the SPYRO community from what I've heard just doesnt like it
I play Skylanders too and I think it's a nice series. Lots of people esteem it very highly. And it depends on which Spyro fans you ask. Many of the older ones prefer the old Spyro and hate the new one. The younger ones and some of the older ones (myself included) are fine with/tolerate/like the new one. If you look on darkSpyro's forum, you'll find a mix of the two. On Smashboards, you'll find more of the ones who dislike Skylanders and Spyro here.

Fulsaburgore

Smash Cadet
So did anyone read my thread while it lasted? I mean my move set well saddly a wall of text was still good. I will just simply revamp my moveset here
A moves, Netrual A: a swipe of his tail the up A down A are up and down swipes of the tail.
B moves, Netruel B, A chargeable fire ball that when charged shoots three fireballs and when not only shoots one, Side B: A simple ram that's pretty fast but easily dodgeable, Up B: Just spyro flying up (aka his recovery), Down B: A downwards ram into the ground that has the same effect as villagers Shovel.
Taunts, Up: Grins and roars, Down: Takes a small nap before Sparx wakes him up, Side: Sparx cheers him on.
Intro: Comes to life on the portal of power and hops off.
Victories, 1: Flys in and strkes an amazing pose, 2: Breaths fire and chuckles, 3: Says "I'm ready for another battle!"
Final smash...Uh...Same as Gannon's but with flaming horns and goes much further but does less damage.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Gearshift is the ****ing bomb.
Really? I don't have Gearshift, so I wouldn't know. But, I think we all can agree who the real bomb is:
Countdown :troll:

So did anyone read my thread while it lasted? I mean my move set well saddly a wall of text was still good. I will just simply revamp my moveset here
A moves, Netrual A: a swipe of his tail the up A down A are up and down swipes of the tail.
B moves, Netruel B, A chargeable fire ball that when charged shoots three fireballs and when not only shoots one, Side B: A simple ram that's pretty fast but easily dodgeable, Up B: Just spyro flying up (aka his recovery), Down B: A downwards ram into the ground that has the same effect as villagers Shovel.
Taunts, Up: Grins and roars, Down: Takes a small nap before Sparx wakes him up, Side: Sparx cheers him on.
Intro: Comes to life on the portal of power and hops off.
Victories, 1: Flys in and strkes an amazing pose, 2: Breaths fire and chuckles, 3: Says "I'm ready for another battle!"
Final smash...Uh...Same as Gannon's but with flaming horns and goes much further but does less damage.
It looks pretty good! But what I want to mention is that when fighting on Smash, the third dimension (depth) isn't really used. So for Neutral B, if Spyro were to shoot three fireballs side-by-side, you wouldn't be able to see them with the default camera setting. But if you mean that they fire one after another, that's fine (though it might be a little OP).

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Anyone think his dodge could be like the roll from the first game?

It was taken out in the second game, so if you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a random video I found that shows it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ptRfPKysU&t=2m7s
Yeah, I agree. :) He could use this roll. Do you happen to know if Spyro could roll in the Legend of Spyro series too? I can't remember, but if he can, they could use that too. (The more options they have, the better!)

Top Bottom