• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely adding Roy and Ryu to my list of mains, which are currently Mewtwo, my number #1 main, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, and Bowser Jr..

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Ok so what the hell would the proper term for Wolf and Lucas should be??? There not clones, but they are similar to Ness/Fox, yet they have different moves and properties, however their not completely original.

Either way this is what Roy should have been in this game, that or Ganon/Falco semi
I call Lucas. Lucas. And Wolf. Wolf.

This isn't rocket science.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Roy differentiates himself from Marth by having a fully invulnerable teleport that always lets him snap to a ledge.

Igzex

Imma shank someone If the crowd doesn't chant "Roy's our boy" in a monotone voice

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
http://youtu.be/eK-DSAgs6fQ

Here are the leaked sound files if anybody's interested. Kirby screaming Hadouken is cute as hell (then again Kirby doing anything is cute). Roy has the same VA apparently that now has a deeper voice. Also, Roy's our boy is confirmed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thanks, couldn't find em
http://youtu.be/eK-DSAgs6fQ

Here are the leaked sound files if anybody's interested. Kirby screaming Hadouken is cute as hell (then again Kirby doing anything is cute). Roy has the same VA apparently that now has a deeper voice. Also, Roy's our boy is confirmed.
Imma shank someone If the crowd doesn't chant "Roy's our boy" in a monotone voice
Shank someone I don't like please

Igzex

The crowd chant isn't perfectly monotone but I think I'll put the paperclip shanking contraption down. For now.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Its cool that they still didnt consider adding Dlc alt costumes to regular characters, cause you know, we desparately needed Mii fighter outfits for Zero, Isabelle, and Heihachi Mishima.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Its cool that they still didnt consider adding Dlc alt costumes to regular characters, cause you know, we desparately needed Mii fighter outfits for Zero, Isabelle, and Heihachi Mishima.
Megaman EXE gives me hope for Megaman Starforce Gunner suit lol

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Oh yeah, Dreamland 64 is also leaked! This is legitimately one of my favorite stages in the previous games so I'm very glad it's back! Bonus points for being a legal stage... I'm excited to see it in action in tournaments.

Now we need Hyrule Castle. Once that is here, my two favorite stages from Smash 64 will be back.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh yeah, Dreamland 64 is also leaked! This is legitimately one of my favorite stages in the previous games so I'm very glad it's back! Bonus points for being a legal stage... I'm excited to see it in action in tournaments.

Now we need Hyrule Castle. Once that is here, my two favorite stages from Smash 64 will be back.
A legal stage with deecent music so I might actually play it.
*looks at AC stages*

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
A legal stage with deecent music so I might actually play it.
*looks at AC stages*
I dunno about it's legality...

I mean, Dreamland in Melee is notorious for living up to ridiculous percentages due to the large blast lines.

Add in the amazing recoveries 75% of the cast has, as well as less guaranteed kill options and you have a stage where timeouts might be a huge possibility

Could be a solid Counter Pick, though...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I dunno about it's legality...

I mean, Dreamland in Melee is notorious for living up to ridiculous percentages due to the large blast lines.

Add in the amazing recoveries 75% of the cast has, as well as less guaranteed kill options and you have a stage where timeouts might be a huge possibility

Could be a solid Counter Pick, though...
It's still played in Competitive Melee to my knowledge and it's probably been adjusted for SSB4 anyway.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm pretty confident Roy will be a semi-clone. I can't imagine time constraints would be as strict; if they needed more time to work on Roy, they could of easily delayed him without delaying anyone or anything else.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Roy FS is different. From what I hear from hype filled users, Roy swings his sword up and down or something.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay, a couple of guys I know said a stream was up recently, but got taken down.

Apparently, Roy got the Falco-treatment. Some of his moves are basically the same, but others are different.
I believe we can see that in his F-Smash in the victory video.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I can imagine Nintendo trying to pretend nothing happened at tomorrow's direct.

That or Sakurai goes all Subspace Emissary and says he won't do anymore DLC...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I can imagine Nintendo trying to pretend nothing happened at tomorrow's direct.

That or Sakurai goes all Subspace Emissary and says he won't do anymore DLC...
Which would result in lost respect with him tossing the toys out of his pram.
Yes it sucks someone leaked his work and spread it on the internet but this is inevitable in this day and age so it's time to accept it and move on.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Which would result in lost respect with him tossing the toys out of his pram.
Yes it sucks someone leaked his work and spread it on the internet but this is inevitable in this day and age so it's time to accept it and move on.
Yeah, I'm bummed out that I pretty much know what to expect on tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. We might get some gameplay and a possible release date but that's really it.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
After looking at Roy's Special Move images, I think I can safely say that Roy doesn't have Double-Edge Dance as his Over-B, or, at least, not with the way it functioned in Melee. Marth's image for Dancing Blade shows him swinging his sword downward with a red trail, while Roy's image for his Over-B shows him swinging his sword upward with a standard-issue blue trail. Therefore, I think I can safely conclude that Roy's Over-B will either be a completely new move, or it'll function differently than it did in Melee. Either way, pretty hype, right?

Also, looking at his "Congratulations!" video, all of Roy's attacks leave a fiery, orange-red trail, with visual emphasis on the bottom of the streak. That probably means that Roy will retain the extra power near the hilt of his blade that he had in Melee. I don't really know how I feel about that, but maybe Sakurai and the devs will make it work this time around.

It's also worth mentioning that all of Roy's attacks seem to leave a reddish trail, while his Over-B clearly leaves a regular, blue one. I wonder what that means...?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Roy is apparently faster than Marth now
That's certainly the opposite of what I expected. I figured Roy would basically be to Marth what Dr. Mario is to Mario: a slower, but more powerful, version of the original. Then again, Ike is already a slow, powerful swordsman, and he's from Fire Emblem, no less, so I reckon there's no point in having another one. Besides, I bet being fast will help land strikes with Roy's extra-powerful hilt, since he could rush down the opponent and get up in their face before they knew what hit them, so it can't possibly be a bad thing, can it?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
After looking at Roy's Special Move images, I think I can safely say that Roy doesn't have Double-Edge Dance as his Over-B, or, at least, not with the way it functioned in Melee. Marth's image for Dancing Blade shows him swinging his sword downward with a red trail, while Roy's image for his Over-B shows him swinging his sword upward with a standard-issue blue trail. Therefore, I think I can safely conclude that Roy's Over-B will either be a completely new move, or it'll function differently than it did in Melee. Either way, pretty hype, right?

Also, looking at his "Congratulations!" video, all of Roy's attacks leave a fiery, orange-red trail, with visual emphasis on the bottom of the streak. That probably means that Roy will retain the extra power near the hilt of his blade that he had in Melee. I don't really know how I feel about that, but maybe Sakurai and the devs will make it work this time around.

It's also worth mentioning that all of Roy's attacks seem to leave a reddish trail, while his Over-B clearly leaves a regular, blue one. I wonder what that means...?
His over head attack that you speak of is also present in Marth and Lucina's movesets. It's his over-b to up-b combo specifically the third attack of that combo...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's certainly the opposite of what I expected. I figured Roy would basically be to Marth what Dr. Mario is to Mario: a slower, but more powerful, version of the original. Then again, Ike is already a slow, powerful swordsman, and he's from Fire Emblem, no less, so I reckon there's no point in having another one. Besides, I bet being fast will help land strikes with Roy's extra-powerful hilt, since he could rush down the opponent and get up in their face before they knew what hit them, so it can't possibly be a bad thing, can it?
Ike's actually super fast in FE, he's one of, if not the best Lord in the franchise

Top Bottom