• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I never did learn to like Mega Mewtwo Y, but at least it's not as ugly as X.

Edit: Well waddya know, it looks like Mega Zard Y is finally getting some love! What timing.
IS THAT CHAR Y IN PSMD?!?! YESSSS

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
"I got Mewtwo in game. I don't care if he sucks cheesecake and chokes on it".

You might be able to settle for less but I find it unacceptable.

It becomes a novelty character at most.
Unacceptable that what? Your favorite character isn't the best one in the game? I mean, I don't understand why some people on this thread insist that Mewtwo must be high-tier. Isn't it good enough that he even came back in the first place? Why can't you be happy that Mewtwo even returned? I just don't get it. When Mewtwo's not in the game, fans complain about it. So, Sakurai decides to bring him back to please his fans. And then what do they do? Turn right back around and chew him out for not making him high-tier. If tiers really matter that much to you, then just don't use Mewtwo. It's that simple. At the very least, go complain somewhere where you won't tick off everyone who frequents the thread.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Unacceptable that what? Your favorite character isn't the best one in the game? I mean, I don't understand why some people on this thread insist that Mewtwo must be high-tier. Isn't it good enough that he even came back in the first place? Why can't you be happy that Mewtwo even returned? I just don't get it. When Mewtwo's not in the game, fans complain about it. So, Sakurai decides to bring him back to please his fans. And then what do they do? Turn right back around and chew him out for not making him high-tier. If tiers really matter that much to you, then just don't use Mewtwo. It's that simple. At the very least, go complain somewhere where you won't tick off everyone who frequents the thread.
He doesn't need to be the best. He simply needs to be functional. He stands little chance in FFA's as it stands. Hitboxes are wonky, grab is wonky, using confusion as a grab basically forces you to shield right afterward. His weight makes little sense. Psychic Energy decreases weight? Alright. I can also say Psychic energy could reduce knockback from attacks. So meh. Occasional tail attacks that miss. Lack of customs making him less of a character then all the others. If you don't use customs then good for you. Point is that people that paid for him get a character with less features then everyone else.

All for what? Excellent recovery options and a bit of killpower since you'll be dying 1/3 earlier then you kill everyone else. At least playing Mewtwo teaches you to DI properly. You will have to. If you want to survive past 100%+.

This has all been mentioned before. And I will moan and ***** to time's end until something happens. If you want to suffer in silence that's fine with me.

Sakurai's recent blurb about Smash really cements how you'll be taking wins away with Mewtwo.

"In 1v1s, the natural tendency is to use low risk moves to gradually deal damage to the opponent. Smash attacks rarely came out, and the matches were prone to becoming long, drawn out affairs. When considering the variety of ways Smash can be played I think this is a waste, but the winner was certainly decided by skill."

And as we know most of Mewtwo's attacks are high risk moves. Only safe moves you got are Shadow Ball and Dtilt pretty much.

Mewtwo is fun. I love him. But he is still crap. Is it wrong to want him to be great?

Out of all the characters with teleport he is the only one that can be knocked out of it during the transition of going from point A to point B. Funny but wrong.

I only pray Lucas doesn't experience the same kind of crap.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
He doesn't need to be the best. He simply needs to be functional. He stands little chance in FFA's as it stands. Hitboxes are wonky, grab is wonky, using confusion as a grab basically forces you to shield right afterward. His weight makes little sense. Psychic Energy decreases weight? Alright. I can also say Psychic energy could reduce knockback from attacks. So meh. Occasional tail attacks that miss. Lack of customs making him less of a character then all the others. If you don't use customs then good for you. Point is that people that paid for him get a character with less features then everyone else.

All for what? Excellent recovery options and a bit of killpower since you'll be dying 1/3 earlier then you kill everyone else. At least playing Mewtwo teaches you to DI properly. You will have to. If you want to survive past 100%+.

This has all been mentioned before. And I will moan and ***** to time's end until something happens. If you want to suffer in silence that's fine with me.

Sakurai's recent blurb about Smash really cements how you'll be taking wins away with Mewtwo.

"In 1v1s, the natural tendency is to use low risk moves to gradually deal damage to the opponent. Smash attacks rarely came out, and the matches were prone to becoming long, drawn out affairs. When considering the variety of ways Smash can be played I think this is a waste, but the winner was certainly decided by skill."

And as we know most of Mewtwo's attacks are high risk moves. Only safe moves you got are Shadow Ball and Dtilt pretty much.

Mewtwo is fun. I love him. But he is still crap. Is it wrong to want him to be great?

Out of all the characters with teleport he is the only one that can be knocked out of it during the transition of going from point A to point B. Funny but wrong.

I don't see how a character with a super powerful projectile that can get kills unawares easily on top of decent mobility
letting him avoid most bad situations is terrible in FFAs in any measure...

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I don't see how a character with a super powerful projectile that can get kills unawares easily on top of decent mobility
letting him avoid most bad situations is terrible in FFAs in any measure...
Oh it can be bad. I assure you. Most success comes from campy play. And not every stage allows that.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I wonder how many of these happen in Zelda social threads

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I imagine it goes back and forth from topics unrelated to Smash and the renewal of acceptance of how bad Zelda has been in every Smash game ever and trying to find ways to make character not completely suck and fail spectacularly once Aerial Side B freefall is mentioned.

Zelda has one of the best Teleports though.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

I assure you that I'm not suffering. Far from it, actually. I'm perfectly content with Mewtwo's presence in the game, and I don't give tiers a passing glance, so I couldn't be happier. Also, I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo can only be hit out of Teleport at the very beginning and end of the move. He's invincible throughout every other portion of the move. I mean, I've never been hit out the middle of Teleport, so even if it is something that can happen, it shouldn't be happening to you frequently enough that it's a serious complaint.

As for Confusion forcing you to shield afterwards, that actually puts Mewtwo in an optimal position to attack. Properly using Confusion will always reset the game to neutral. If you shield, then if the opponent attacks you with an aerial, the landing lag allows you get a free hit on them unless they happen to be Sheik. So, if the opponent doesn't want to take a D-Smash to the face, they have to either jump away from or tech Confusion. Either option resets the game to neutral, and missing a tech results in a free hit, so Mewtwo literally cannot be in a bad position if you use Confusion correctly.

Also, since you seem to care so much about Mewtwo's tier placement, you really shouldn't be complaining about FFAs. They almost never do those in competive play.

Finally, Mewtwo's lack of safe moves just means you need to bait more. Wait for the opponent to make a mistake, and then go in for the punish. Mewtwo's kill power is actually quite high, especially vertically, so you shouldn't have any trouble KOing or punishing with Mewtwo. Shadow Ball only helps matters, since you can use it to harass opponents from afar. Mewtwo definitely has enough tools to out-camp and punish most of the cast.

I'm not saying that Mewtwo is a god or anything like that, but I don't think he has quite as many weaknesses as you seem to think. I's say he's probably around mid-tier. And there's nothing wrong with wanting Mewtwo to be better. I don't mind it at all. I guess I just didn't like the way you phrased your posts, what with the unnecessary hatefulness and swearing. If you want me to respond less heatedly, then you could just state your opinions a little less extremely.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I will reiterate my thoughts in a clear statement then. I'll even take out swearing and cursing for you.

I think Mewtwo is hot garbage. But I love him too much to ever drop him. Because he is the most powerful Pokemon ever created.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Oh yeah, today marks the start of Mewtwo's first Conquest (I think? Unless there was one with him when he came out and I forgot). It's called Mewtwo Strikes Back and has Mewtwo alone vs. Pikachu and Charizard.

Edit: Yup, it's his first.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I will reiterate my thoughts in a clear statement then. I'll even take out swearing and cursing for you.

I think Mewtwo is hot garbage. But I love him too much to ever drop him. Because he is the most powerful Pokemon ever created.
Much better. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'll respect it.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Oh yeah, today marks the start of Mewtwo's first Conquest (I think? Unless there was one with him when he came out and I forgot). It's called Mewtwo Strikes Back and has Mewtwo alone vs. Pikachu and Charizard.
Where's Mewtwo's Pikachu and Charizard clone when you need em.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Femtwo died?
No, no. Amber was Dr. Fuji's daughter. She died at a very yong age, so he devoted his life to the science of cloning in hopes of bringing her back. Team Rocket said they would fund his research, but only if he cloned Mew alongside Amber. Dr. Fuji agreed, and created Mewtwo, Ambertwo, Charmandertwo, Squirtletwo, and Bulbasaurtwo. Ambertwo and the other clones showed Mewtwo beauty after he came to life, but they soon perished due to issues with the cloning process. Only Mewtwo survived due to his sheer power, and he was cast into darkness and hatred, creating the bitter Mewtwo that antagonized Ash and his friends in Mewtwo Strikes Back. Subsequently, Mewtwo broke out of the lab he was being held in and proceeded to kill most of the scientists involved in his creation.

This was all a radio drama in Japan that set up the events of Mewtwo Strikes Back. It's pretty much Mewtwo's entire backstory, and it explains why he does what he does in the movie. It was later adapted into an anime episode that was included on certain DVD copies of Mewtwo Strikes Back.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yes, the removal of his memory of Amber is what made his personality so twisted when compared to his mother, Mew.

Indeed, when Mewtwo first developed his personality, he was quite curious and fun like his original...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If Maletwo ever makes a comeback, what'll be the odds of his Mega Evolution being X to show off his manliness?

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Yes, the removal of his memory of Amber is what made his personality so twisted when compared to his mother, Mew.

Indeed, when Mewtwo first developed his personality, he was quite curious and fun like his original...
Am I the only one who likes to think of Mew and Mewtwo having a sibling relationship? Like, I know Mew is technically Mewtwo's parent, but if I had a clone made of me, I wouldn't treat it like my son. I like to imagine we'd have a brotherly relationship. That's kind of how I view Mew and Mewtwo's relationship: they technically have a parental relationship, but they treat each other like siblings. I know it's a little weird, but I love the idea.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Speaking of Ambertwo and Mewtwo, here's the links to the Original with English subtitles and the English dub if anyone is curious.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Mewtwo bad in FFAs? Shadow Ball is such an awesome move in those fights it's not even funny. I wreck my friends with him most more then any other character, even more than my heavy weight co-main Charizard.

Charizard and Pit/Dark Pit have got to be my best in 1vs1 though.
Charizard vs Mewtwo? Nooooooooo! How do I decide which side to pick?

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
If you can't win with Mewtwo in this game, then that says more about you then it does Mewtwo. The only complaint I have is his ridiculous weight, but I've made him work just fine and got tons of KO's with him. Plenty of characters are better in 1v1's, it's not as if Mewtwo is the only member of that club. I have a much easier time with him than I do with my co-main, the Zard-man.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Mewtwo bad in FFAs? Shadow Ball is such an awesome move in those fights it's not even funny. I wreck my friends with him most more then any other character, even more than my heavy weight co-main Charizard.

Charizard and Pit/Dark Pit have got to be my best in 1vs1 though.Charizard vs Mewtwo? Nooooooooo! How do I decide which side to pick?
Pick Mewtwo man. Zard had to double-team him with Pikachu.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Is garbage, but man is M2 fun to play as, defensively or offensive Just got to hope that we see an update on Sunday, as I feel just a small amount of adjustments would make a world of difference. Also customs, please at least give DLC characters customs like the main cast.

No other group of mains can compare to the amount of swag Zelda mains have.

Just like us they tend to laugh it off and stay positive. Dat 1% Up-Tilt buff. :cool:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
No other group of mains can compare to the amount of swag Zelda mains have.

Just like us they tend to laugh it off and stay positive. Dat 1% Up-Tilt buff. :cool:
Most Charizards don't seem that pessimistic either. In fact, a lot of us feel like Charizard is better then most people make him out to be.

Honestly, I'm shocked at how pessimistic these boards can be at times.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I got to play Smash 3DS with one of my co-workers today. First game was Smash Run where I picked Mewtwo and he picked Ganondorf. Needless to say, I won in "Race" by over 30 seconds. Afterwards, I played 2 matches as Mewtwo and then more as a bunch of characters. Lost the first game as Mewtwo, but won the second. I lost 5 games total as Mewtwo, Charizard, Lucina, Captain Falcon, and Iggy. I won as Mewtwo, Ness, Greninja, Samus, Marth, Shulk, Sonic, and Duck Hunt. He said I was the best Mewtwo player he faced. However, he hadn't played any Mewtwo players since he last played For Glory which was a while back...My Mewtwo lost was against his Marth because I accidentally side B on second jump on last stock while I was far below Battlefield. ;_;

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Looks like Roy and Ryu just got confirmed. No surprise there. Don't really care for either of them but seeing them in action is cool. I guess I care for Roy more than Ryu though because I love Fire Emblem (although I haven't played FE6 yet) and Melee nostalgia. I might have a pocket Roy because Marth and Lucina are both one of my favorite and most played characters.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Looks like Roy and Ryu just got confirmed. No surprise there. Don't really care for either of them but seeing them in action is cool. I guess I care for Roy more than Ryu though because I love Fire Emblem (although I haven't played FE6 yet) and Melee nostalgia. I might have a pocket Roy because Marth and Lucina are both one of my favorite and most played characters.
I'm stoked for both... Like really stoked.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wow, Roy and Ryu already?
That means we'll be getting other DLC characters faster then we thought.

...And Falco is suddenly looking very delicious.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Roy looks pretty sick in his new outfit. Glad they didn't changed his neutral-b; hopefully his d-tilt remains unchanged too! Please no same final smash as Mar Mar and Lucy~

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just realized Roy amiibo are going to be a thing. Just what we needed.

Nintendo better hurry up and make a Fire Emblem amiibo line. Maybe that'll help their price tags drop down from so-overpriced-it's-ridiculous to simply overpriced.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Alrighty-O! I knew these characters had to come along sooner or later! However, I'm very surprised at how far along into development they seem to be. I figured we'd be waiting until the end of summer for Roy, and possibly even longer for Ryu. But, if they're far enough into development that they already have something as trivial a "Congratulations!" video, then they can't be that far off.

Anyway, just judging by the brief gameplay clips that we've got, Roy looks pretty cool, and Ryu looks like he'll be very interesting to play as. I seriously can't wait! The only thing left to do now is gloat over those who didn't believe the leak:p.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
*Walks into thread and sees the confirmed leaks* Well, I guess I missed quite a bit. I don't plan on playing as any of them but I'm still hyped.

Top Bottom