• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wasn't Roy slower than Marth in Melee?
Nope Yep. Melee, Roy fell faster, dashed slower, and was lighter than Marth. Basically, he and Roy had the same kind of relationship that Mario and Dr. Mario have in Smash 4, except Roy didn't have any kind of extra power or weight compared to Marth. So, essentially, all of the bad, none of the good:p. That's why Roy is considered significantly worse than Marth in Melee, despite their similar movesets.

EDIT: Well, crap. I just messed up bad, didn't I? My apologies, Yoshisaurus Rex, you were right. My brain just decided that you'd said the opposite of what you actually said:p.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Here's a test.
Dickson is cool in Xenoblade.

EDIT: Worked.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Its Nintendos fault to blame for the leaks. Unless there was a surprised that the Direct said that the Roy/Ryu content will be available tomorrow, then they should have known that people would leak the content if they added them in the update that we just expected was for Lucas only. At this point they should just release the direct and Dlc and get past this cause in the end people will still buy the Dlc

As for the Final opinion on these chars:

Ryu looks just how I expected him to be in smash, and having two FS makes him unique plus originally I was looking forward to him more than Megaman back before the this game was announced during my SF/MvC days.

Roy still being a clone was inevitable apparently, but at least he has some minor moves that make him a little different to Marth/Lucina plus he's faster. I haven't seen vids of his FS and SideB but right now I'm fine with him being a Falclone since I used him instead of Marth in Melee/Pm anyways. He better be the only clone vet thats coming back though.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Pichu is the last DLC veteran I would like that wouldn't have issues on the 3DS. Too late for Pokemon Trainer because Charizard is solo.

I hope Mewtwo gets buffed...and made heavier.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If anything they'll probably buff Mewtwo's moves so it's a better reward for the reads.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
The only characters that I truly really want buffs for is Marth and Lucina. I honestly don't care if my main Mewtwo gets buffs or not because I still find him fun to play and I can make him work just fine. As for Marth and Lucina... I still find them fun to play, but personally for me it's frustrating to play them. I can feel that they're bad characters, which is something considering that I don't feel that way when playing my other most used characters that are considered bad by many such as Mewtwo, Charizard, Falco, Ganon, etc. I am able to accept these character's weaknesses and use them properly, but it's hard for Marth and Lucina. It's hard for me to play them well, and their weaknesses are just so apparent and it affects me a lot.

That being said, I'll still play them even if they don't get buffs. I love their character and play style (even if their playstyle is really terrible). It would be really really really nice though if they do get buffs though. I personally care for Marthcina buffs more than Lucas, Ryu, and maybe even Roy. Hopefully when they made Roy they realized that Marth and Lucy desperately needs buffs...

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I missed the footage of Roy's moves. They say he got partially changed?
-Dair is now more like Ike's
-Apparently, dtilt sends opponents away instead of up
-dthrow has almost no knock back, which could combo well
-Fsmash is really powerful and killed a Kirby at 80 on Dreamland
-Upsmash has an explosion at the end and kills early, too

That's all I noticed

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Squirtle and Ivysaur could go solo instead really
I doubt weight will get touched
It's no where near as satisfying beating people with Squirtle and Ivysaur than it is with Pichu. Also, I liked Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon as a package...not separate. That was the main reason I played him. It felt more like commanding my Pokemon as a trainer.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
-Dair is now more like Ike's
-Apparently, dtilt sends opponents away instead of up
-dthrow has almost no knock back, which could combo well
-Fsmash is really powerful and killed a Kirby at 80 on Dreamland
-Upsmash has an explosion at the end and kills early, too

That's all I noticed
I kinda noticed that Roy has less range than Marth. I can't tell the difference, but apparently his fair has less landing lag too.

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
So Ryu can use his specials orignal command inputs to increase their power? Nice!

Also what Street fighter chars do you think they'll put in as Mii Fighter outfits, cause we all know its going to happen...

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Here's the ~2 hours of gameplay with Lucas, Ryu, and Roy for those who missed it. I don't have the time or the patience to sit through all 2 hours, but I figured you guys might enjoy it:p.

Also, @ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ , do you know what stage was that picture taken on? It doesn't look like anything currently in the game.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Decided to support Mewtwo on Conquest Mode today. I got him 8 points on 3DS, but I don't know how much on Wii U. So far, my online record with Mewtwo is 7 wins and 6 last place with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd on each system. I went quite a few matches on 3DS wondering why everyone was teaming up on me before I realized it was a taunt match...then when I decide to play along, I was the first or second to get kicked off for idling...I say possibly second because once the Smash Ball appeared, the 4th player who had been going after me all the time tried getting it instead of messing around.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
BTW a couple staff members were successful in getting Warchamp to update Mewtwo's emocon.

:4mewtwo:

Are you not pleased!?

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
If anything they'll probably buff Mewtwo's moves so it's a better reward for the reads.
I would be happy with a combination of:
-Fixed hitboxes on Usmash, Fsmash, Jab, Grab, Utilt, Bair, Fair (yes, they are all broken).
-Shadow Ball getting its charging hitbox back.
-Nair getting a hitbox buff so it hits small characters on startup (Pikachu...).
-Short hop Nair having no landing lag.

I feel like this is a reasonable set of buffs that would fix most of his issues. Are you fellas in agreement?

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I would be happy with a combination of:
-Fixed hitboxes on Usmash, Fsmash, Jab, Grab, Utilt, Bair, Fair (yes, they are all broken).
-Shadow Ball getting its charging hitbox back.
-Nair getting a hitbox buff so it hits small characters on startup (Pikachu...).
-Short hop Nair having no landing lag.

I feel like this is a reasonable set of buffs that would fix most of his issues. Are you fellas in agreement?
-I agree on fixing Mewtwo's F-Air, B-Air, and U-Tilt, but I think his U-Smash is fine as is, and his Grab, Jab, and F-Smash just need their hitboxes changed up a bit, not fixed.
-I don't feel like this is necessary, and I don't know how useful it would be, but I guess it wouldn't hurt.
-I'm not even sure how this works. The hitbox covers Mewtwo's entire body, so you just need to be close enough. I don't think this is an issue.
-I'm pretty sure you can already avoid landing lag on a short-hopped N-Air if you time it right.

That's just my two cents on your ideas. Personally, I'd like to see...

1. Extra power on most of his Smashes.
2. More power on his B-Throw and U-Throw
3. Hitbox fixes on any attacks that need it.
4. Maybe buff the range of his Grab so that it hits small characters more easily, and maybe do the same thing for Mewtwo's Jab 1.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
-I agree on fixing Mewtwo's F-Air, B-Air, and U-Tilt, but I think his U-Smash is fine as is, and his Grab, Jab, and F-Smash just need their hitboxes changed up a bit, not fixed.
-I don't feel like this is necessary, and I don't know how useful it would be, but I guess it wouldn't hurt.
-I'm not even sure how this works. The hitbox covers Mewtwo's entire body, so you just need to be close enough. I don't think this is an issue.
-I'm pretty sure you can already avoid landing lag on a short-hopped N-Air if you time it right.

That's just my two cents on your ideas. Personally, I'd like to see...

1. Extra power on most of his Smashes.
2. More power on his B-Throw and U-Throw
3. Hitbox fixes on any attacks that need it.
4. Maybe buff the range of his Grab so that it hits small characters more easily, and maybe do the same thing for Mewtwo's Jab 1.
It is not possible to avoid landing lag out of a short hopped nair. I am 100% certain.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I think Smash 4 is the only game I've seen Ryu having a running animation. Ever.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It is not possible to avoid landing lag out of a short hopped nair. I am 100% certain.
Oh, OK. My bad, then. In that case, I wouldn't mind seeing that changed, either, especially since it's the only aerial that Mewtwo can't short-hop without suffering landing lag. I'm not entirely sure how you'd go about doing it, though. At what point during the attack does Mewtwo hit the ground?

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Almost everything revealed in the direct we already know. Thought so. Roy is sick and Ryu looks like he'd be a really good character at a competitive level.

Hyrule Castle hype!!!! So glad the two best stages in Smash 64 are coming back.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I preferred Mushroom Kingdom over Peach's Castle. Also, Saffron City would've been nice too.

Top Bottom