• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

Hey everyone! Despite it being ALMOST TIME, what's up?
So, I made this out of sheer boredom and decided to share it with the 6 DLC character threads represented here. Tell me what you all think! Also, I'd love to see some support from you all for these characters as well. ESPECIALLY WOLF! Thank-you all!
krystal? eh.

And also Issac should be between Villager and Olimar because of Isaac's fist appearance.
everyone else is fine (I would also prefer the Inkling over Krystal)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
this is why I go to smash run.
Smash Run is great.

It's super chaotic at first, but once you get the hang of powers, it becomes much more manageable(though still sort of chaotic).
The best part is the music selection; you could make almost every song from Smash 3DS play, and then some. It's a real treat to hear Dark Pit's Sky Battle theme from Uprising or the Takumaru melody play. There's a lot of room for experimentation with custom equipment, to, and you can try out the customs as you unlock them.

I should mention that Smash Run is how I settled on Charizard as my #1 main. By the time I was finished farming moves for him, and I come to love his Rock Smash, Jab, and running speed.

I unlocked all the moves for all the characters I actually care about, but I still go back to Smash Run just for the lolz some times. It'll certainly be one of the first things I do after I get my hands on Mewtwo, customs or no customs.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Good grief, this thread exploded over the last day or so. We're already past the Johto starters!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
And in other non-Mewtwo news, it sounds like Hollywood wants to do a Five Nights at Freddy's movie.
No sleep for me!

Grass

Smash Lord
And in other non-Mewtwo news, it sounds like Hollywood wants to do a Five Nights at Freddy's movie.
No sleep for me!
I have a better idea, just do a movie the series is based off of.

about that 1 guy that killed the 5 Chuck E. Cheese Employees. :|

c-1

Smash Cadet
Smash Run is great.

It's super chaotic at first, but once you get the hang of powers, it becomes much more manageable(though still sort of chaotic).
The best part is the music selection; you could make almost every song from Smash 3DS play, and then some. It's a real treat to hear Dark Pit's Sky Battle theme from Uprising or the Takumaru melody play. There's a lot of room for experimentation with custom equipment, to, and you can try out the customs as you unlock them.

I should mention that Smash Run is how I settled on Charizard as my #1 main. By the time I was finished farming moves for him, and I come to love his Rock Smash, Jab, and running speed.

I unlocked all the moves for all the characters I actually care about, but I still go back to Smash Run just for the lolz some times. It'll certainly be one of the first things I do after I get my hands on Mewtwo, customs or no customs.

Auto heal is so broken in smash run.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
Has anyone managed to figure out anything about Mewtwo's voice?

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
There were a few points during the trailer where you can hear his voice (Firing his shadow ball and doing Confusion) and it definitely sounds like his Melee voice.
See, that's what I was thinking. At first, it sounded like it was just the noise of his attacks, but I noticed it's the same noise as the one he makes as soon as the trailer starts and it's showing his eye while not performing any type of move. Those grunts, to me, sound very Melee-esque but "newer", I guess?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
See, that's what I was thinking. At first, it sounded like it was just the noise of his attacks, but I noticed it's the same noise as the one he makes as soon as the trailer starts and it's showing his eye while not performing any type of move. Those grunts, to me, sound very Melee-esque but "newer", I guess?
Yeah, that's what I think as well.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
They probably got Masachika Ichimura to voice him again, or reused his clips from Melee. Either's fine with me.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
They probably got Masachika Ichimura to voice him again, or reused his clips from Melee. Either's fine with me.
I'd say an Origins-esque voice has a high chance too; purely feral and primitive grunts seems pretty cool. Like you, either male or grunts are fine with me. I'm glad that it doesn't seem like Mewtwo's gonna have a female voice~

Danpal65

Smash Lord
It would be cool if we got Mewtwo speaking English in his victory animations like he does in Japanese for Melee. But I don't think that will happen unfortunately. :(

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I'd say an Origins-esque voice has a high chance too; purely feral and primitive grunts seems pretty cool. Like you, either male or grunts are fine with me. I'm glad that it doesn't seem like Mewtwo's gonna have a female voice~
Well, Masachika Ichimura provided those grunts in Melee. That's what I meant, they could have just reused Ichimura's grunts, lol.
I actually don't see him getting the Origins style feral voice, because Mewtwo in this game is a veteran fighter. They've already provided him with a personality in this series. He's a very intelligent character, and I don't see him just screeching like a mindless monster at everything.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Well, Masachika Ichimura provided those grunts in Melee. That's what I meant, they could have just reused Ichimura's grunts, lol.
I actually don't see him getting the Origins style feral voice, because Mewtwo in this game is a veteran fighter. They've already provided him with a personality in this series. He's a very intelligent character, and I don't see him just screeching like a mindless monster at everything.
I figured that feral grunts had a decent chance of happening because it's gender neutral and all that. I understand what you're saying though and I agree with you. After thinking about it and reading your post, I suppose that a feral grunt wouldn't be that likely after all haha. Changing Mewtwo's voice would be kind of questionable. After all, he's most well known with a male voice and it represents him in Smash and the first movie. Even so, I won't mind either voice because both are pretty badass imo. The only real possible voice I dislike is a female one (no offense to FemTwo fans), but I'm thankful that it seems unlikely to happen.

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
As an old school Mewtwo main, should I play him right away, or go online and destroy non experienced Mewtwo users?

The latter would be kind of dirty huh?

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Did anyone else get a confirm page after thier character vote in Smash?

All I'm getting is a "You are not allowed access in this page" message.

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
As an old school Mewtwo main, should I play him right away, or go online and destroy non experienced Mewtwo users?

The latter would be kind of dirty huh?
I plan on going on For Glory with no prior experience whatsoever. Just download him and fight someone on FG. That'll be fun.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Did anyone else get a confirm page after thier character vote in Smash?

All I'm getting is a "You are not allowed access in this page" message.
Well when I voted on the weekend a couple of times I got a page thanking me for my contribution. I would say something went wrong for you. :dizzy:

I think I'm going to keep a tally of how many times I have a Mewtwo mirror match on the initial day I download him
I imagine everyone and their uncle will be playing as him. It's all fun though, people trying out the new, shiny toy. :grin: I think it will be fun mirror matching lots of Mewtwo's, help learn him better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
Just think, next Wednesday, Mewtwo will be here.

Anyways, I plan on giving For Glory a wide berth until I am confident enough in my abilities to crush all who stand in my path.

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
I imagine everyone and their uncle will be playing as him. It's all fun though, people trying out the new, shiny toy. :grin: I think it will be fun mirror matching lots of Mewtwo's, help learn him better.
If I'm able to get Mewtwo on the 15th, then I will be using him as is just to see how he feels naturally (my friend may or may not giving me his 3DS code, it depends on how he "feels"). If anyone has a code for the 3DS they don't mind departing from, it'd be greatly appreciated.
If I have to wait for the 28th, then I will be bodybagging false Mewtwos with Fox and Weegee

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
If I'm able to get Mewtwo on the 15th, then I will be using him as is just to see how he feels naturally (my friend may or may not giving me his 3DS code, it depends on how he "feels"). If anyone has a code for the 3DS they don't mind departing from, it'd be greatly appreciated.
If I have to wait for the 28th, then I will be bodybagging false Mewtwos with Fox and Weegee
I'll hit you up with one if your friend doesn't, tell me on the 15th. :happysheep:

Top Bottom