• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
Does anyone know if Mewtwo could jab-lock in Melee? If so, what was the setup (I'm assuming d-tilt) and best punish afterwards? (Probably D-smash??)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I haven't dropped in here yet, but know that I'm incredibly happy for you guys and that I can't wait to see how Mewtwo's metagame develops.
Welcome to Mewtwo boards. You seem friendly enough. I'll make sure to tell Charizard not to eat you.

Not that Charizard would ever eat anyone. And he's totally not responsible for Pichu getting cut either. And he most certainly didn't get Pichu cut through eating him or anything. Of course not. That'd be just silly. Right? Hahaha...haha.

...I'm totally not hiding anything. Just trust me on this one.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Welcome to Mewtwo boards. You seem friendly enough. I'll make sure to tell Charizard not to eat you.

Not that Charizard would ever eat anyone. And he's totally not responsible for Pichu getting cut either. And he most certainly didn't get Pichu cut through eating him or anything. Of course not. That'd be just silly. Right? Hahaha...haha.

...I'm totally not hiding anything. Just trust me on this one.
grrr....

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
So my thoughts are we will likely get 3 of these:
Yellow (In reference to Yellow Team)
Red (in reference to Red Team, replacing Orange)
Pink (Mew)
Monochrome (GB reference)
Green (more of a green that's closer to his shiny than the one shown)

I would like, but I doubt:
Cape
Armor
Albino (White tail)

I personally love the dark blue Mewtwo in the trailer, so I might use him as my color
You watch yourself, that (behind Default) was my main choice back in Melee and PM. :p
Yes I played Bluetwo over Armored Mewtwo in PM (although I did play and like them). My friend usually played Armored Mewtwo, so I stuck default or Bluetwo. XD

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
You know, shenanigans aside, can I just say...
I think they did an absolutely flawless job on Mewtwo's model for this game. It's like there's a little bit of Femmetwo and a bit of 1st gen Mewtwo in the design. Makes me even more curious about his voice.
Though let's not go down that road again plz k thx

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
You watch yourself, that (behind Default) was my main choice back in Melee and PM. :p
Yes I played Bluetwo over Armored Mewtwo in PM (although I did play and like them). My friend usually played Armored Mewtwo, so I stuck default or Bluetwo. XD
Color match the day he's released? I'll even drop a totally-dope rap like Chillindude.

..........too soon?

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
Color match the day he's released? I'll even drop a totally-dope rap like Chillindude.

..........too soon?
Too soon would've been before the Salty Suite. Too late would be the day after. Chillin is going to have this with him for the rest of his Smash career.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
You know, shenanigans aside, can I just say...
I think they did an absolutely flawless job on Mewtwo's model for this game. It's like there's a little bit of Femmetwo and a bit of 1st gen Mewtwo in the design. Makes me even more curious about his voice.
Though let's not go down that road again plz k thx
As said before, if you listen closely, it sounds like Melee Mewtwo. The one scene you can hear it best is when he throws Shadow Ball. We'll know for certain in a week though.

..........too soon?
I COULD say yes, however, I haven't been training online much lately. I could likely get destroyed by competitive players atm, but I still make quick work out of a majority of my friends.

Last edited:

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
I heard he's even changing his tag to Krillindude
Don't remember where, but I've seen him in a Melee tourney somewhere and his tag was 'My B'.
I'll definitely give him props for taking this relatively well.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
As said before, if you listen closely, it sounds like Melee Mewtwo. The one scene you can hear it best is when he throws Shadow Ball. We'll know for certain in a week though.
All I heard were the sound effects of his powers, with and without headphones. But yeah, we'll see!

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I haven't been playing Smash the past 3~4 weeks out of anticipation for Mewtwo.

When the time comes, I will gladly offer my body and soul to Mewtwo and let him destroy everything in his path. *insert Mewtwo villainous laugh here*

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Don't remember where, but I've seen him in a Melee tourney somewhere and his tag was 'My B'.
I'll definitely give him props for taking this relatively well.
I also heard Leffen made Chillin's stressed face as one of his Twich e-motes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Changing my avatar to Charizardtwo out of Mewtwo hype.

This is the best image I've got right now. I'm working on a better cropped one.
I'm just going through some technical difficulties right now.

Edit: Ah great, I just made it worse. That white part is supposed to be transparent...
I guess I'm not as good with computers as I thought.

Last edited:

Spirst

Yes. One week left. First, we'd waited six years after the release of Brawl. Then, we'd waited about half a year after the October direct. Now, finally, we have just one more week. We're halfway there since we saw his trailer. Heads up, everyone.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yes. One week left. First, we'd waited six years after the release of Brawl. Then, we'd waited about half a year after the October direct. Now, finally, we have just one more week. We're halfway there since we saw his trailer. Heads up, everyone.
You and I have to play on the day of his release! ^-^

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
;~; Can't believe he's just 1 week away. I've waited 7 years for this day... *sniffs*

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Got my avatar to work! I just had to teach myself a lesson on image file types.

Eh...I wish the picture was taller. It looks kind of awkward.
Whatever. Mewtwo hype.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Got my avatar to work! I just had to teach myself a lesson on image file types.

Eh...I wish the picture was taller. It looks kind of awkward.
Whatever. Mewtwo hype.
.png is love. .png is life.
I think it looks good.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So I have a special offer that can go out to anyone who will be participating in the 3DS or Wii U versions of my Mewtwo Tournament. What it is? That's a secret for the one who wins it.

Here's what you must do; simply PM me which one you will be entering (or, most likely to enter, since you can join both) and then tell me what it is you love about Mewtwo and why exactly you are excited to see him back in Smash Bros. again. ^-^
Also, so I don't get confused...please name the conversation "Mewtwo" <3

The winner will be given the details, good luck! <3

Also, I will post who won this special event on the day of Mewtwo's release...of course, I may decide who it is long before that. :3

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
.png is love. .png is life.
Funny thing is, .png is the first thing I tried, but for some reason the site was rejecting it. I guess the file was just corrupt or something, 'cause the one I'm using right now is .png.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
You know, you and I are quite alike, we should Mewtwo to the death sometime.
Haha, I would love to, but unfortunately I don't own a Wii U. I only have both codes because one of my friends who didn't care for Mewtwo (yeah he's a butthole) gave me his Wii U code. So if we were to play, we'd have to to play with the 3DS version. I understand that the 3DS version is inferior to the Wii U version and you may dislike playing on it, so I don't really mind if you don't wanna play with me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A week + how ever long it takes them to distribute the update and the codes. :p

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Haha, I would love to, but unfortunately I don't own a Wii U. I only have both codes because one of my friends who didn't care for Mewtwo (yeah he's a butthole) gave me his Wii U code. So if we were to play, we'd have to to play with the 3DS version. I understand that the 3DS version is inferior to the Wii U version and you may dislike playing on it, so I don't really mind if you don't wanna play with me.
I would love to play with you sometime! :)

Top Bottom