• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
My :4mewtwo:hurts... MY. :4mewtwo: HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURTS!!!!!!!!!
WAITING IS LIKE...WAITING FOR THE ICE CReAM MAN!!!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I see people with rectangular avatars.
Why can't I do that? Why does mine have to have those ugly bars above and below mine? Why can I only post my avatar in the form of a square?
What type of magic do you guys use?

I swear this is my last post about my avatar. I don't want to turn this into spam.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Why can't I do that? Why does mine have to have those ugly bars above and below mine? Why can I only post my avatar in the form of a square?

I swear this is my last post about my avatar. I don't want to turn this into spam.
Let me see what I can do with it...

Edit:
Try this.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Haha, I would love to, but unfortunately I don't own a Wii U. I only have both codes because one of my friends who didn't care for Mewtwo (yeah he's a butthole) gave me his Wii U code. So if we were to play, we'd have to to play with the 3DS version. I understand that the 3DS version is inferior to the Wii U version and you may dislike playing on it, so I don't really mind if you don't wanna play with me.
im cool with it

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
While we do call ourselves Pac-Mains, it's not that important. :laugh:
Wait, that's a legit term? Holy crap; I was just taking a shot in the dark; sounded like a pun too good to miss xD

Also, with a Pac-Main in here, I'm almost beginning to feel that individual characters have incredibly diverse and different communities, offering somewhat different personalities/atmospheres in each of their social threads. Somewhat noticed it when I revisited the Sonic Social, then it hit me when Pacack said "we have a reputation".

This actually makes my Smashboards life a lot more interesting now xD Probably gonna visit other boards at some point in the future. Kirby's my 2.5th main (Mewtwo took #2, but I can't demote Kirby to #3), so I'll probably pay a visit to the puffball's society in the future. :3

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Let me see what I can do with it...

Edit:
Try this.
I downloaded it, uploaded it, and then got an error message. :(

I think it might be something wrong on my end. Thanks for trying, though.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Wait, that's a legit term? Holy crap; I was just taking a shot in the dark; sounded like a pun too good to miss xD

Also, with a Pac-Main in here, I'm almost beginning to feel that individual characters have incredibly diverse and different communities, offering somewhat different personalities/atmospheres in each of their social threads. Somewhat noticed it when I revisited the Sonic Social, then it hit me when Pacack said "we have a reputation".

This actually makes my Smashboards life a lot more interesting now xD Probably gonna visit other boards at some point in the future. Kirby's my 2.5th main (Mewtwo took #2, but I can't demote Kirby to #3), so I'll probably pay a visit to the puffball's society in the future. :3
The Lucario Boards are fun. The newest Social Thread basically began someone saying something like: "I remember telling my friend I mained Lucario and he said to me 'You do know all Lucario mains are furries?'" And it went on from there.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771

Well, I just made mine a square...
You may have to crop it, though I can see how that could be problematic...I tried looking for a similar image with Mewtwo and Charizardtwo but got nothin'.

But maybe you'll like one of these and you can try cropping it to a square?

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I downloaded it, uploaded it, and then got an error message. :(

I think it might be something wrong on my end. Thanks for trying, though.
If your Avatar is specifically clone Charizard, try finding a bigger image and use that, unless you also want Mewtwo in the background...
EDIT: Not sure if this avatar is the one you would use...

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sorry...D:
Wait, hold on, that was just because I downloaded it incorrectly(didn't know I could do that). My "computer" saved it as a png when it was supposed to be a jpeg.

....Also I found my original source of confusion.
Screenshot 2015-04-07 at 9.59.59 PM.png

I thought that little thumbnail was it trying to force me to crop my avatar so it'd look like that. I don't know why this site does that, but it was a scrub mistake on my part nonetheless.

Too think that all the difficulty I had was just because I misunderstood something so simple.

You all have my permission to laugh at me.

Last edited:

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
The Lucario Boards are fun. The newest Social Thread basically began someone saying something like: "I remember telling my friend I mained Lucario and he said to me 'You do know all Lucario mains are furries?'" And it went on from there.
Don't get me started on Greninja mains now. One of my friends was being joked around with he was a frog furry and he corrected me and said the term is croaker.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Wait, hold on, that was just because I downloaded it incorrectly(didn't know I could do that). My "computer" saved it as a png when it was supposed to be a jpeg.

View attachment 46522
I thought that little thumbnail was it trying to force me to crop my avatar so it'd look like that. I don't know why this site does that, but it was a scrub mistake on my part nonetheless.

Too think that all the difficulty I had was just because I misunderstood something so simple.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

View attachment 46522

k

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Don't get me started on Greninja mains now. One of my friends was being joked around with he was a frog furry and he corrected me and said the term is croaker.
There's a TERM for that?!?!

Oh, wait, this is the Internet. There's literally a term for everything...

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Really? I find the Lucario boards to be...idk, not very exciting? Then again, maybe I just need to warm up to them again.
However, I'm also a filthy casual (I'll just keep saying it) and don't understand most of what everyone's talking about. Ah me...

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Hey everyone! Despite it being ALMOST TIME, what's up?
So, I made this out of sheer boredom and decided to share it with the 6 DLC character threads represented here. Tell me what you all think! Also, I'd love to see some support from you all for these characters as well. ESPECIALLY WOLF! Thank-you all!

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910

Smashboards has been really fun for me lately. I like it here... a lot. I've only been here for not that long (11 months) but I like it here. Especially the Mewtwo forums. I've never been so active on Smashboards before... it started around March 20th when I played Mewtwo against my friends (haven't played Mewtwo with a group of friends for like 7 years before this) in Melee/PM. I started to get really hyped for Mewtwo after that because I remembered that I would use Mewtwo very often against my group of friends 7 years ago as well. Although I've made a few posts on Mewtwo in October before because of the Extravaganza hype, I wasn't that active here. Naturally I was excited about Mewtwo because I used him a lot as a child, but I didn't start getting really hyped until around 3~4 weeks ago. These past 3~4 weeks I've been staring at the Mewtwo forums like a hawk (especially this thread)... literally the only times I'm not on is when I'm at school or sleeping. Half of all my messages and 70% of all my likes have been in this thread alone (~250 and ~700 likes messages in this thread). I love it here because everybody is really friendly and it's a fun time all around. We all share a common interest and discuss about things, which is something that has been enjoyable for me. I know that the hype will die down soon enough and this particular forum won't be as active anymore, and some of you will most likely leave and move on, but I'm confident that I'll be able to stay because you all are awesome.

TL;DR: I like Smashboards and especially people in the Mewtwo forums because you all are awesome. :chuckle:

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977

So, I made this out of sheer boredom and decided to share it with the 6 DLC character threads represented here. Tell me what you all think! Also, I'd love to see some support from you all for these characters as well. ESPECIALLY WOLF! Thank-you all!
This made me realize Krystal needs to be a character. Nice job!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

...no Ridley ;~;

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
MASSIVE HERO SACK OF RICE STRIKES AGAIN!!!

but ya, it's unfun and I probably wont be farming customs anymore.
Is unlocking customs really that bad? I haven't bothered grinding for them but based on what I'm hearing it sounds like the noise of Satan farting.

Grass

Smash Lord
Is unlocking customs really that bad? I haven't bothered grinding for them but based on what I'm hearing it sounds like the noise of Satan farting.
What kind of idiot programmer makes us farm via RNGSUS and on top of that make us collect stuff we already have!

and yes it is that bad.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
What kind of idiot programmer makes us farm via RNGSUS and on top of that make us collect stuff we already have!

and yes it is that bad.
It isn't the programmer's job to decide that. That's the designer's job. Blame Sakurai (or one of the other designers).

Last edited:

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
It is the worst kind of grinding, to be sure. I think I got all of Lucario's by accident while searching for Mii costumes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If you want to unlock customs for one character, just play the single player modes like Smash Run or Classic with them for a while. They'll come eventually.

If you want to get customs for the entire roster...according to my calculations, that's 576 custom moves to unlock. And oftentimes, when unlocking new customs, you'll just get repeats of customs you've already unlocked. This means the more customs you collect, the less likely you are to get the ones that you don't have yet.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
If you want to unlock customs for one character, just play the single player modes like Smash Run or Classic with them for a while. They'll come eventually.

If you want to get customs for the entire roster...according to my calculations, that's 576 custom moves to unlock. And oftentimes, when unlocking new customs, you'll just get repeats of customs you've already unlocked. This means the more customs you collect, the less likely you are to get the ones that you don't have yet.
Each character starts with 4 specials already unlocked (their default specials), it's actually 384 customs.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910

and yes it is that bad.
It is the worst kind of grinding, to be sure. I think I got all of Lucario's by accident while searching for Mii costumes.

I'm sincerely hoping that Mewtwo comes out with his customs unlocked then lol

Last edited:

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Smash fans live on a diet of shattered dreams, wishful thinking, and the occasional miracle, my man o' rice. One can only hope.

Top Bottom