• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOURCE: Solid Snake Will Not Return To Smash + More..

Was it a good decision not to add Snake to Smash 4?

• Yes

Votes: 128 37.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 51 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 162 47.5%

• Total voters

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
no, fox anything is a terrible source. Unless you are taliking about Star Fox :D
Get over it, dude. You're honestly making me want to sell my StarFox games with your childish hatred. :|

Anyway, there we go. We can take this with a grain of salt and wonder what happened.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Get over it, dude. You're honestly making me want to sell my StarFox games with your childish hatred. :|

Anyway, there we go. We can take this with a grain of salt and wonder what happened.
What are you talking about Fox news is a bad source have you ever see seen some of their articles on video games. Like the one about Mass Effect having a full nude sex scene or all the bullcrap they say video games do to you. Im not complaining for once geez. Im just telling you Fox News is terrible, they are one of the most biased news sources out there. If you dont believe me just do the online research and you will find how bad of a source they are.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What are you talking about Fox news is a bad source have you ever see seen some of their articles on video games. Like the one about Mass Effect having a full nude sex scene or all the bullcrap they say video games do to you. Im not complaining for once geez. Im just telling you Fox News is terrible.
I'm talking about Fox Weekly, not Fox News. I do not know if they're the same source.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Nintendo: Don't even think about requesting any characters from Konami.

Sakurai: Wait, why?

Nintendo: Just don't.

[2012]
Konami Community Manager: We currently have no plans to bring over Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 to Wii U.

Journalist: Why is that?

KCM: Well, all I can basically say is that the heads at Konami don't think it is profitable supporting Nintendo consoles. They weren't happy with sales on Wii and DS. We're proud of Castlevania- Mirror of Fate on 3DS releasing later this year but other than that we have no future plans on bringing titles to Nintendo's platforms.

Journalist: What about Yu-Gi-Oh! and Love Plus?

KCM: Love Plus is releasing on 3DS in Japan.

*Not exact quotes but you all should get the idea*.

Konami really wasn't one to partner up and collaborate with Nintendo as much as Namco, Capcom and Sega. Besides the Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix and other small partnerships. It is sad.

And I miss the old risky Konami. Elebits was a great game on Wii. But it looks like Konami is acting like EA Games-lite releasing Sports titles and other small projects with MGS and Castlevania thrown in there. Where is Goemon? Freaking Bomberman? Like seriously, they screwed Hudson Soft over by purchasing them in 2011 and then shortly after closing down their doors and canceling several projects for 3DS.

I have to stop thinking about Bomberman... :(

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*facepalm* you think he won't direct smash 5 (assuming there will be one in a few years) just because he decided to cut a character lots of people liked.
No, I didn't say nor imply that. Read my quote again.
After this, I don't see Sakurai returning after this game...

...by the design of it IMO it is a clear indicator it should be his last entry...
The "it" means game. I was indicating this because it seems like Sakurai has taken the series as far as he can take it. I also get the feel this is the last Smash game he wants to make. The "feel" of this game is Sakurai's swan song as the series director.

He said he's done with Kid Icarus after Uprising, and I think he'll say that about Smash after Smash 4.
Characters getting cut might suck for some of us, but that doesn't mean the current director of smash shouldn't return to make another smash bros game a few years down the road! :facepalm:
I never said or implied this. I did, however, say that Sakurai's poor decision making (Brawl being a single-player first game when multiplayer gaming was booming, Brawl being made to be anti-competitive on purpose, Sakurai's clear dislike for the competitive scene [especially Melee], and Smash 4 having this dumb 2 version gimmick) say that we should get a new director.

Kirby has never been better since Sakurai left that series. The last few entries in the series have been the best.

Why would Smash be any different, especially since HAL has been essentially kicked off their series post-Melee=???

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Are people actually talking positively about Snake in this thread?

Not many people here are crying "he doesn't fit" or "he shouldn't return", like with every were else I mention Snake returning to Smash Bros in.

I hate how Snake is absent from this game, One of the most unique play styles, just cut right from Smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Snake's cut was very likely executive meddling. Come on, it's obvious, especially given how things are between Nintendo and Konami.
If that's the case (which I doubt), Nintendo is really playing with fire, and they're gonna get burned. You can't hate on 3rd parties if you have a console. They are what make you are break you, and right now, Nintendo isn't properly catering to them, which is making them break them. It's Nintendo's own fault. Their "selling" of their home console brands have been inferior to the competition's since 1996. It's just that simple.

Nintendo has a potential lame duck console if it doesn't sell say 5 million units next year. If they really are that spiteful, they are burning bridges. They won't survive for long in the console business burning bridges.

If they are doing this towards Kojima, a guy who has always had a positive relationship with Nintendo, and who has been pro-Nintendo forever, the consequences will be fierce. If what you say is true, you can expect to see 3rd parties like Ubisoft, Capcom, EA, Konami, and even Square Enix just flat abandon them 100% like what Sony paid 3rd parties to do to the SEGA (only without pay... mostly).

That would also hurt their handheld console business, which, again, relies heavily on their 3rd parties.
But of course it's easier to blame Sakurai for everything because he's such a Lovecraftian horror bent on terrorizing the fans. :rolleyes:
Or because he insulted the Melee competitive community, made Brawl to be an anti-competitive game, made Brawl's development all about content and single-player instead of the multiplayer, Brawl has so many giant deficiencies (namely balance and insane amount of super long inescapable chain grabs), went total dictator during Brawl's development, refused to keep or work with HAL (the developer of 64 and Melee) around for Brawl and Smash 4, and that Sakurai fired people on the Smash 4 development team for refusing to make the SSE 2 (which was still in the process of being theorized until the Bamco staff said "no").

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No they don't. They need to just grow up and move on.
Assuming he's definitely not playable. Which is probably the case, anyway.

We still don't know what he's doing on the Wii U version, just a reasonable guess. Honestly, he could be nothing more than an Assist Trophy on it. It'd definitely put a smirk on my face to see the assumers hit hard.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Assuming he's definitely not playable. Which is probably the case, anyway.

We still don't know what he's doing on the Wii U version, just a reasonable guess. Honestly, he could be nothing more than an Assist Trophy on it. It'd definitely put a smirk on my face to see the assumers hit hard.
which assumers? the ones who think he's out or the ones who think he's in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The ones who think he's nothing more than a stage hazard. Until we get that confirmed, it's nothing more than an assumption. He did not state that was in his role. I'm not even sure he meant to imply that either. I think by now he would've let us know. Of course he could be just that and the speculation crew were wrong about him having another role. Nobody knows.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Well assuming the rosters between WiiU and 3DS are staying the same as has been said in the past, I think Ridley will just be an assist trophy on the WiiU or possibly a stage hazard. Apart from a possible future DLC all the evidence we have now says he's will not be a PC.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I absolutely ****ing love Sakurai and now that Smash Bros.' core game and skeleton is finished, I hope a more open-minded developer takes the rein for the next installment.
Snake and Ice Climbers' reasoning not to be back is absolutely ridiculous.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yet several of the newcomers in both Brawl and this game were chosen due to fan demand.

Truly, he's apathetic towards the fans... :rolleyes:
>Competitive fans want a game that has lots of depth.
>>Brawl is made to be anti-competitive. When played competitively, it's slow and boring to most fans of previous Smash games competitively.
>>>To rub salt in the wound, the entire meta-game is the opposite of 64 and Melee.
>>>>LOL Random Tripping, aka "how to show you don't care".

Plus, of all the original veterans to come back, we got ROB back. ROB is IMO hands down the worst designed original Smash character yet. He's based around camping in Brawl, and his moveset and skillset has no real offensive basis other than "I don't know, just throw things". There's no real flow in his offense. Smash 4 improved it sure, but why return ROB over characters that "clicked" really well like Ivysaur, Wolf, and Lucas, especially when you have less to improve=???

The worst offense, though, is that ROB didn't feel like ROB from Gyromite or ROB the accessory. He felt like... well... a playable Ancient Minister. The Ancient Minister of course being a generic robot no one would care about unless it was named "Robot Operating Buddy". Now I don't know how true this is in Smash 4, but I imagine elements of this still exist.

I'm not saying those ROB shouldn't come back (for the record, I want every veteran back as a playable character on way or another; I'm a greedy smasher!!!), only that quite frankly, the other Brawl cuts and Mewtwo were better designed (and it wasn't even close IMO), better executed, and likely easier to add while being "well made" (probably more "well made" than ROB in Smash 4, too).

Of course I'm talking from the viewpoint of a competitive smashers, which is a viewpoint that at best clashes with many of Sakurai's views and at worst is disregarded entirely by Sakurai.

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I am particularly peeved that Sonic made it in and Snake didn't. I think that's where a lot of the confusion over Snake arose. When one guest character is confirmed automatically it is assumed the other will be in too. That it did not happen, caught a lot of people off-guard. I would have rather had Snake than Sonic, as even though Sonic is probably more iconic, Snake is a better Smash character and he offered more than Sonic and his bland moveset ever did. But to avoid confusion, if you cut either, you should cut both if they are both guest characters.

Anyway, the reason Snake didn't make it was more than likely, it was a favor from one developer to another for his son, and it was not expected to be a permanent one. To think that it was because there's some strain in the relationship of Nintendo and Konami, or because "Snake is a Sony character" is just building it into a conspiracy oddly fit for Metal Gear Solid and not real life.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am particularly peeved that Sonic made it in and Snake didn't. I think that's where a lot of the confusion over Snake arose. When one guest character is confirmed automatically it is assumed the other will be in too. That it did not happen, caught a lot of people off-guard. I would have rather had Snake than Sonic, as even though Sonic is probably more iconic, Snake is a better Smash character and he offered more than Sonic and his bland moveset ever did.

Anyway, the reason Snake didn't make it was more than likely, it was a favor from one developer to another for his son, and it was not expected to be a permanent one. To think that it was because there's some strain in the relationship of Nintendo and Konami, or because "Snake is a Sony character" is just building it into a conspiracy oddly fit for Metal Gear Solid and not real life.
The fact we have no credible source or official reason why makes speculation fair. But yeah, being a one-time offer is completely reasonable here.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
When you look at our newcomers we have
Mii fighters had meh requests
Pac Man had middling requests
Robin had low requests
Rosalina had low requests
Villager had low requests
This is so inaccurate it hurts, lol. Miis, Pac-Man and Robin were easily 3 of the top 10 most wanted characters. Same with Shulk. Robin vs. Chrom was similar to Wolf vs. Krystal, where Wolf was more popular, only Krystal's fanbase was much more... "vocal". Plus Chrom was in general more expected than wanted (again, like Krystal in Brawl). People generally were more favorable towards Robin. Heck, Lucina was also somewhere in the top 20 as well.

Rosalina had quite a good amount of requests in Smash 4, and once SM3DW revealed she was in, her support increased immensely. She was always like top 20 in requests.

Villager... lol. Just lol. The Villager might have been the most requested potential character for Smash 4 other than Mega Man. He was definitely top 5 in requests along with Mega Man, Little Mac, Ridley, and K. Rool.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So could Nintendo contact fox news for the source's identity or no? I mean I do
Nintendo: Don't even think about requesting any characters from Konami.

Sakurai: Wait, why?

Nintendo: Just don't.

[2012]
Konami Community Manager: We currently have no plans to bring over Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 to Wii U.

Journalist: Why is that?

KCM: Well, all I can basically say is that the heads at Konami don't think it is profitable supporting Nintendo consoles. They weren't happy with sales on Wii and DS. We're proud of Castlevania- Mirror of Fate on 3DS releasing later this year but other than that we have no future plans on bringing titles to Nintendo's platforms.

Journalist: What about Yu-Gi-Oh! and Love Plus?

KCM: Love Plus is releasing on 3DS in Japan.

*Not exact quotes but you all should get the idea*.

Konami really wasn't one to partner up and collaborate with Nintendo as much as Namco, Capcom and Sega. Besides the Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix and other small partnerships. It is sad.

And I miss the old risky Konami. Elebits was a great game on Wii. But it looks like Konami is acting like EA Games-lite releasing Sports titles and other small projects with MGS and Castlevania thrown in there. Where is Goemon? Freaking Bomberman? Like seriously, they screwed Hudson Soft over by purchasing them in 2011 and then shortly after closing down their doors and canceling several projects for 3DS.

I have to stop thinking about Bomberman... :(
I thought the reason given for no lords of the shadows 2 was because of a lack of resources. In later interview the developers stated when asked about a wii u version that they wouldn't rule it out.
Link to the article, I'm interested in reading

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
This is so inaccurate it hurts, lol. Miis, Pac-Man and Robin were easily 3 of the top 10 most wanted characters. Same with Shulk. Robin vs. Chrom was similar to Wolf vs. Krystal, where Wolf was more popular, only Krystal's fanbase was much more... "vocal". Plus Chrom was in general more expected than wanted (again, like Krystal in Brawl). People generally were more favorable towards Robin. Heck, Lucina was also somewhere in the top 20 as well.

Rosalina had quite a good amount of requests in Smash 4, and once SM3DW revealed she was in, her support increased immensely. She was always like top 20 in requests.

Villager... lol. Just lol. The Villager might have been the most requested potential character for Smash 4 other than Mega Man. He was definitely top 5 in requests along with Mega Man, Little Mac, Ridley, and K. Rool.
-Villager was not top 5 lol. Tom Nook was way more popular in terms of an AC rep. Top 5 was Mewtwo, Mega Man, Ridley, K. Rool and Little Mac. Chrom, Shulk, Issac, Roy and Palutena were somewhere behind those guys. No Villager seen there.
-Miis had pretty much everything. Extreme support, at the same time extreme hate, and extreme expectance (but not necessarily wanted). Thing is, he wasted 3 movesets. Could have brought back Brawl/Melee vets with that time. And its even sillier that you can't use them online. I want to use my characters online.
-I never said anything about Shulk.
-I never said anything about Lucina not being popular.
-Honestly it is probably just my bias against her, but as far as Mario reps go, Bowser Jr and Toad had bigger followings. SM3DW came out and THEN people got hyped for her.
-Robin was nowhere near as popular as Lucina or Chrom. You'd have to be on something to think otherwise. People absoutely loved Lucina and Chrom.

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I really wonder what kind of friendship did Sakurai and Kojima had (or still have). Either execcutive meeting had anything to do with this, or the team really wanted to Kojima to help them out -who, considering he's currently working in games like Metal Gear Solid V and Silent Hills, has no time to do it-.

-Robin was nowhere near as popular as Lucina or Chrom. You'd have to be on something to think otherwise. People absoutely loved Lucina and Chrom.
Wrong. Terribly wrong. In Japan Male!Robin placed 2nd place as most popular male and Female!Robin placed 3rd (beaten by Tharja, but taking into consideration most of the votes were from a male audience).

And in the FE Fandom outside Japan, the main support for the FE cast, Robin is also one of the most popular characters, maybe even beating Lucina and Chrom themselves.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Sanke never fit in with he cast. Give his move set to Dark Pit and ill be satisfied.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
*Sees the source is Fox News* This is a unreliable source, and a load of garbage.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The amount of entitlement in this thread is disgusting. It's fine to be upset over vets not returning but to act as if Sakurai is the worst man in the world for it is just flat out ridiculous.

Some of you really need to get a grip with the fact that the end of the day Nintendo is a BUISNESS, which means deadlines need to be met, which means character cuts are inevitable and not every newcomer they want to include will make the final product. The man said himself that he wanted to bring back as many vets as he could. With more development time I'm 100% sure he would have met or at least come damn close to bringing everyone back.

There are plenty of reasons to be angry with Sakurai, but this definitely isn't one of them.

/2cents

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
-Villager was not top 5 lol. Tom Nook was way more popular in terms of an AC rep.
Villager was more requested than Tom Nook. Most reasonable people figured we'd get the Villager before Tom Nook, which had a big impact. Plus Villager is literally the playable character and central character, so it made more sense the Villager got in. After all, we got Mario before Peach, and Link before Zelda.

On top of that, a lot of supporters of one wanted the other and saw it as "one way or another" and were okay with this. I will say this to close, however: The Villager/Tom Nook fanbase largely being the same made it definitely an odd case, so I can see why anyone would disagree with my assessment on this. After all, the Tom Nook fanbase largely disappeared after the Villager was confirmed.
Top 5 was Mewtwo, Mega Man, Ridley, K. Rool and Little Mac. Chrom, Shulk, Issac, Roy and Palutena were somewhere behind those guys. No Villager seen there.
Listen, I love Isaac as much as anybody, and I've wanted Isaac in smash for over a decade, and he was my 5th most wanted potential newcomer (behind Mega Man, Ridley, K. Rool, and Little Mac in that order), but he wasn't top 5. Not even close. I think he was top 20, but not top 5 and almost definitely not top 10. He might be a top 5 requested newcomer now, though, with roughly half of the top 5 potential newcomers confirmed.

As for Mewtwo and Roy, I don't count veterans. If you see it otherwise, that's cool. I don't do this for the sake of avoiding us doing IMO odd comparisons like G&W vs. Shulk, and it just gets straight up weird. Plus veterans are easier to add than newcomers. The workload to add veterans is considerably less than newcomers, since you already have a set moveset made.
-Miis had pretty much everything. Extreme support, at the same time extreme hate, and extreme expectance (but not necessarily wanted). Thing is, he wasted 3 movesets.
Nope. They were clearly easy to design, borrowed a lot of moves from a lot of characters, and they function perfectly into the roster. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 Mii Fighters combined took less time to craft than Palutena.

Besides if we didn't get them, I almost am certain it wouldn't mean more characters. Nah, it'd probably be like more trophies, which no one in their right might should honestly care too much about.
And its even sillier that you can't use them online. I want to use my characters online.
You can use them online. It's called "With Friends". You just can't use them "With Anyone", which is the less important online mode.
-Honestly it is probably just my bias against her, but as far as Mario reps go, Bowser Jr and Toad had bigger followings. SM3DW came out and THEN people got hyped for her.
Toad fans may be loud, but they are very, very small in number. Very small. Waluigi has more fans than Toad. However, to be fair, Waluigi's fan base is bigger than people think though. They are both a persistent bunch, which most of the time I find to be admirable.
The SWF thread for Robin before his confirmation had more posts than any potential newcomer (or veteran) thread than any character not named Ridley or K. Rool (and it wasn't far behind K. Rool). It also had a longer list of supporters than the Chrom thread. Every site I visited in relations to Smash Bros. that I researched this on had the same results.

In general, many people expected Chrom, but few people wanted Chrom. Many people wanted Robin, but few people expected Robin. It sounds like the smash development team had a similar point of view before trying to craft Chrom, and then they largely got bored making Chrom, started some process on Robin, and fell in love with this.

I imagine the development team with Robin had something similar to what we have now with Robin in the smash fanbase. By that I mean Robin went from a pipe dream to constantly winning all these "beset newcomer" polls.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This isn't a Fox News source. Read the actual article name a bit closer. It says Fox Weekly. They're not the same company, as research shows. Being an anonymous source is weird, though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No they don't. They need to just grow up and move on.
People have the right to complain about whatever they like, and we should respect that right by not insulting them. Besides, complaining in a reasonable manner to start getting things done.

What started the movement that lead to American Independence? Complaining (mostly about taxes). :laugh:
What helped end The Cold War? Everyone complaining to the politicians about how dumb it was.
What helped got *insert popular character here* in Smash Bros? Complaining. Top dogs in the Smash development team noticed fans were complaining *insert popular character* wasn't playable in a Smash game yet, so that gave them an easy ride to being considered, and they were probably easily added.

"When you play The Game of Thrones Smash Bros newcomers addition game with popular characters you win complain loud enough the developers add your favorite character or die. There is no middle ground."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
People have the right to complain about whatever they like, and we should respect that right by not insulting them. Besides, complaining in a reasonable manner to start getting things done.

What started the movement that lead to American Independence? Complaining (mostly about taxes). :laugh:
What helped end The Cold War? Everyone complaining to the politicians about how dumb it was.
What helped got *insert popular character here* in Smash Bros? Complaining. Top dogs in the Smash development team noticed fans were complaining *insert popular character* wasn't playable in a Smash game yet, so that gave them an easy ride to being considered, and they were probably easily added.

"When you play The Game of Thrones Smash Bros newcomers addition game with popular characters you win complain loud enough the developers add your favorite character or die. There is no middle ground."
It's fine to get it out. It's not fine to not stop complaining(when over 100 posts are whining, it did go too far), derailing threads, and flame people. This is the issue we're having. After a while, yes, it should stop. I am not a fan of some changes/cuts either. But I already let out my grievances for it a long time ago. I just made sure to stop to avoid flame wars.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's fine to get it out. It's not fine to not stop complaining(when over 100 posts are whining, it did go too far), derailing threads, and flame people. This is the issue we're having. After a while, yes, it should stop. I am not a fan of some changes/cuts either. But I already let out my grievances for it a long time ago. I just made sure to stop to avoid flame wars.
I mostly agree. I mean, if your complaint is just solid reasoning and good deduction skills (like "the potential for *insert character* as this kind of character is incredible. Just look at these, these, and these ideas for aerials to show how great they'd be in the air), then that's fine. But man, people who just go on and on and on are annoying.

I find it 10 times more annoying when it's hater of characters though. People who won't shut up about the 7 Mario characters are literally just "why?" (when they don't provide good reasoning; muh reps isn't good reasoning). Or the pre-release Bowser Jr. fans who want a sticker brush moveset and are still mad about it and just keep going on and on and on (I hope reading "and on" annoys you so you can feel my point!) :laugh: about how much they hate it is just "why?"

Like, I still complain time to time Brawl didn't have Mewtwo (the 1 missing character IMO), or that the SSE and trophies and stickers take up time we could get stages or gameplay improvements or characters for, but please, don't make it dictate all your posts about Smash Bros. :/
This isn't a Fox News source. Read the actual article name a bit closer. It says Fox Weekly. They're not the same company, as research shows. Being an anonymous source is weird, though.
The thing is, if they exposed themselves, they would be fired, and lose their spot in the industry most likely.

I can't wait to hear more leaks on this to uncover the truth. Once we find out the truth and get the full final game (post-DLC), we can accurately judge things.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So does that bring up their credibility or lower it?
I'm curious to know if fox contacted the source or the source contacted them, the article left out some necessary details like that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So does that bring up their credibility or lower it?
I'm curious to know if fox contacted the source or the source contacted them, the article left out some necessary details like that.
That I do not know. The idea of an anonymous source means, that even if this is real, it's worth being skeptical since it's too hard to prove.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
That I do not know. The idea of an anonymous source means, that even if this is real, it's worth being skeptical since it's too hard to prove.
Yeah, I've come to accept that he is gone, but I am skeptical of this as well. I mean sure, he might get in trouble for saying who he is, but the lack of details around how they got the story and how they verified the source. They probably wouldn't need to verify them if fox weekly contacted them rather than the source contacting fox weekly.
Considering sakurai commented on the ice climbers being gone he will probably tell us why snake is gone unless he is being saved for DLC or something or can't comment on the matter due to konami-nintendo business stuff.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I've come to accept that he is gone, but I am skeptical of this as well. I mean sure, he might get in trouble for saying who he is, but the lack of details around how they got the story and how they verified the source. They probably wouldn't need to verify them if fox weekly contacted them rather than the source contacting fox weekly.
Considering sakurai commented on the ice climbers being gone he will probably tell us why snake is gone unless he is being saved for DLC or something or can't comment on the matter due to konami-nintendo business stuff.
It's probably Nintendo refusing to let him comment if anything(on why he was cut, it does seem weird. Kojima at least said he was never contacted, though). Or DLC. I'd say both are completely logical reasons.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It's probably Nintendo refusing to let him comment if anything(on why he was cut, it does seem weird. Kojima at least said he was never contacted, though). Or DLC. I'd say both are completely logical reasons.
I don't think he said he was never contacted. He said he doesn't know since he isn't working on smash, and said it's not likely. Then makes a request to sakurai to use snake. It seemed kinda vague and didn't really help prove that he was cut or he was in. The "I don't know" part seemed suspicious to me. It's also interesting to note someone on the stream claimed that someone asked Kojima at comi con about snake and he rolled his eyes and shook his head. I don't know how to interpret this, but it sounds like he was pissed. I don't know if this was said in the video or in the chat. Maybe it was because many people were asking him about snake in smash or he was pissed that snake didn't get in.
We will see if sakurai makes a comment on snake let alone any cuts. I think he will tell us why ivy and squirtle are gone though.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think he said he was never contacted. He said he doesn't know since he isn't working on smash, and said it's not likely. Then makes a request to sakurai to use snake. It seemed kinda vague and didn't really help prove that he was cut or he was in. The "I don't know" part seemed suspicious to me. It's also interesting to note someone claimed that someone asked Kojima at comi con about snake and he rolled his eyes and shook his head. I don't know how to interpret this, but it sounds like he was pissed. Maybe it was because many people were asking him about snake in smash or he was pissed that snake didn't get in.
We will see if sakurai makes a comment on snake let alone any cuts. I think he will tell us why ivy and squirtle are gone though.
Well, he'd be under contract not to say his fate. But yeah, he probably knew of the cut but had to keep his cool overall. Who knows.

Top Bottom