• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOURCE: Solid Snake Will Not Return To Smash + More..

Was it a good decision not to add Snake to Smash 4?

• Yes

Votes: 128 37.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 51 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 162 47.5%

• Total voters

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Didnt we discuss this in the snake for DLC group? There is nothing saying this is credible at all, anyone with a blog could make this claim, and i dont care if he made a claim to a source, until we hear it from sakurai this is conjecture at best. I mean why would this website focus on a single character instead of all the other cut characters from this game as well if they were reporting news? It just seems oddly specific

As far as im concerned, theres no point in discussing this because the source is a small website most of us have never even heard of until now, its about as reliable as zelda informer. It shouldnt be taken as fact at all, for all we know this could be another fan of the series just coming to their own conclusions, "a friend of a friend told us".

so everyone should dial back their reasons to give up.

KayRule

Smash Rookie
Snake has jack **** to do with Nintendo, and Konami has dropped all support for the the company, so I don't know why anybody thought he would return. Also months ago Kojima confirmed he hadn't been asked and Snake wasn't likely, so it's pretty evident from then Sakurai didn't plan to have him back, which would make sense because he's literally the same as Big Daddy in PSABR.

ThePhantomFox

Smash Rookie
It hurts to see Snake gone as he was one of my mains. I just wish Sakurai would give more information on the cuts. I'm not believing the Fox report until I hear info on Snake's absence from Sakurai or Kojima.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Snake has jack **** to do with Nintendo, and Konami has dropped all support for the the company, so I don't know why anybody thought he would return. Also months ago Kojima confirmed he hadn't been asked and Snake wasn't likely, so it's pretty evident from then Sakurai didn't plan to have him back, which would make sense because he's literally the same as Big Daddy in PSABR.
People thought he would back because there was no reason to cut him other than the Nintendo patriots who think he doesn't fit. How do you know Sakurai didn't even plan on bringing him back? I'm pretty sure he thought about bringing him back early in development. Sure Snake has barely anything to do with Nintendo, but he is one of the biggest characters in gaming and by far the biggest Konami character. I'd argue that Snake is just as popular as Mega Man and has just as much to do with Nintendo as Pac Man.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Snake isn't important to Nintendo, but he's important to Smash Bros. He was the first guest character (& possibly the one with most hyped reveal), as well as being a fan favorite & being top tier in Brawl.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The article just got taken down, it's taking me to page not found.
@Skyfox2000 pointed it to me in the snake thread.
Maybe this source was full of **** after all

SmashBear

Smash Cadet
NNID
PotatoMunches
As much as it pains me to say it snake isn't on the roster at the moment.But maybe DLC the only thing to do is just wait.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Knew it, now we can sweep this mess under the rug and forget it even happened. Hope still lives
I kind of figured that, and now that it's been taken down it could have been at Kojima or Nintendo's request. Snake for DLC!!:awesome:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
As for the character? Don't really care that he got cut.

As for the unique moveset? Yeah, I care, Snake had a unique moveset.
My exact sentiments. He didn't exactly fit in, but I got over it. That doesn't mean I care if he's gone.

Someone had an idea similar idea to giving Ganon's moveset to Black Shadow if he were included so that Ganon had his own and the clone made actual sense. They wanted to give someone else Snake's moveset. They specifically said Pico (F-Zero) I think it would fit and F0 needs a rep. I don't personally care for Pico, but it'd be an intersting way to carry on Snake's legacy. deathborn maybe? Splatoon girl maybe? lol.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I wonder if we'll be seeing any Metal Gear trophies like we say Rayman. It would be cool.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I hope not. If they do then that means Konami was perfectly fine with MGS stuff in Smash & it was all Sakurai who decided Snake wouldn't return.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Roy killing off ROB and Dark Pit would an amazing Wii U trailer, make it happen Sakurai.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
the minute mgsv was decided to be released on every current gen console except wii u was the minute snake had a 0% chance of returning

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
the minute mgsv was decided to be released on every current gen console except wii u was the minute snake had a 0% chance of returning
The moment MGS4 was announced as an exclusive for ps3 snake had 0% chance of being brawl...
oh wait he did get in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom