• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Most people: "Holy **** a BotW sequel!"

Other people: "Oh **** it looks dark like Majora's Mask!"

Big Brain Individuals like myself: "Ya know, Ganondorf rehydrated probably looks hot as ****."

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Big Brain Individuals like myself: "Ya know, Ganondorf rehydrated probably looks hot as ****."
Me: "Hmm, will this game answer questions that should've been answered in the first if they weren't so sloppy with story that was way too simple to have ****ed up?" :yoshi:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The NZ thread used to be the "Fire Emblem Heroes" discussion thread...

Until an actual Fire Emblem Heroes thread was made lol :yoshi:
Yeah, that kind of sucked for me. But it would at least turn into the Dragon Ball thread when the Tournament of Power was going on. Good times.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Really, was it too much to ask for explanations for why Link became the Champion in the first place, why Calamity Ganon anti-climatically decided to strike at that moment, how he got the ability to control the weapons that were DESIGNED TO COMBAT HIM, and thanks to one of the memories, why it took the Sheikah Guardians to open their shrines AFTER Link's 100-year rest and not then? :yoshi:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Really, was it too much to ask for explanations for why Link became the Champion in the first place, why Calamity Ganon anti-climatically decided to strike at that moment, how he got the ability to control the weapons that were DESIGNED TO COMBAT HIM, and thanks to one of the memories, why it took the Sheikah Guardians to open their shrines AFTER Link's 100-year rest and not then? :yoshi:
wow i love cinemasins

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Nope. I'm completely fine with male Urbosa Ganon. Hopefully he doesn't look anorexic the whole time and he magicks up some muscles, but maybe not

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
wow i love cinemasins
Not an excuse. You can have simple stories in video games, especially Zelda, and even more so for the type of game Breath of the Wild is. But the story still needs to make sense. Most Zelda games achieve that depending on the scope of the story, i.e. they make sense in context. But Breath of the Wild has these moments (and I chose 4, hardly "CinemaSins") that have no explanation for why they happened in context and are just swept under the rug. It feels "defeatist," like there was no way they could create an all encompassing narrative with the open ended nature of the game so they just gave up.

Yes, CinemaSins is objectively terrible content, but that doesn't mean we should excuse gaps in stories...

Judging by the quantity of fanart of him, there must be a whole lot of thirsty big brain individuals out there :p

There's more rehydrated Ganondorf comics on S-Kinnaly's twitter: https://twitter.com/s_kinnaly

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Judging by the quantity of fanart of him, there must be a whole lot of thirsty big brain individuals out there :p

There's more rehydrated Ganondorf comics on S-Kinnaly's twitter: https://twitter.com/s_kinnaly
"Alright Link, try to imagine him in his normal Gerudo form..."

"OH NO, HE IS HOT!!"

Shroob

Sup?
I just love the internet's reaction though.

NIntendo: *Shows a trailer with creepy elements and Ganondorf's withered corpse re-animating*

Intenet: "But what if we made it HOT?"

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Little did the fandom know that BotW 2 would hand us more waifus and husbandos than the first, with Ganon tempting us not to scar his perfect form in the final battle and succeeding

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

NIntendo: *Shows a trailer with creepy elements and Ganondorf's withered corpse re-animating*

The internet is just like BOTW Ganondorf:

Thirsty.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I kinda want to see Skull Kid in some form. Boy didn't even have a costume as reference in the first game

osby

Smash Obsessed
Little did the fandom know that BotW 2 would hand us more waifus and husbandos than the first, with Ganon tempting us not to scar his perfect form in the final battle and succeeding
A choice between the fate of an entire kingdom and a hot Ganon?

...you save Hyrule in every other Zelda game.

There's also this glimpse of a shadow we see for about a half-second at some point in the trailer (but still, i mean, he doesn't look hot at all :p) :

Some guy (Nicholas Kole) made this great 3D model based only on elements of the E3 trailer (he really nailed the BotW artstyle imo):

nicholas-kole-img-0155.jpg

It's pretty impressive to see what people can create out of a few seconds of footage of a withered corpse and a shadow.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
There's also this glimpse of a shadow we see for about a half-second at some point in the trailer (but still, i mean, he doesn't look hot at all :p) :

Some guy (Nicholas Kole) made this great 3D model based only on elements of the E3 trailer (he really nailed the BotW artstyle imo):

View attachment 240020

It's pretty impressive to see what people can create out of a few seconds of footage of a withered corpse and a shadow.
Eh, that model is pretty hot.

Maybe Nintendo had to tone his flawless skin back for good reason

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's also this weird old Mega Man X toy with a Spider-Man design.

1569743235629.png

Knowing myself, of course I kind of find it dope.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I just finished Banjo-Kazooie and Rusty Bucket Bay is probably my favorite area except for the engine room, that sucks.

The game was great, it did have some game/level design flaws here and there and the camera was awful, but besides that it's almost perfect.
I'm definitely going to get Tooie sometime soon, but i'm expecting it to be worse than Kazooie.

Also the freaking N64 controller stick has made my thumb extremely sore.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, if we're honest, out of all the bad guys in Smash, I'd wager Ganondorf has the hottest appearance in fanart and such. But he's like the only human-like bad guy so that's not saying much.

Unless you're a furry or scalie cause then there's way more options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom