• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBo

Smash Cadet
Who do you guys think would be the final warrior of this DLC pack for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? I hope it would be either Sora or Geno! :starman:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Who do you guys think would be the final warrior of this DLC pack for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? I hope it would be either Sora or Geno! :starman:
I need it to be Crash Bandicoot.

I predicted several things back in December and they all happened. All I need is Crash and I’ll be 100% right.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Why are there two versions anyway.

Tell me the secrets, Potato Man.
In it's hayday, there were 3 big versions of Minecraft; the mobile version known as Pocket Edition, the Console version, which was on Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U, and the PC Version. The mobile version lagged a ton behind the other versions in terms if updates, because mobile phones weren't quite up there, but they were determined to make it work, but the largest playerbase was by far on PC. As online multiplayer became more popular, so did the possibility of crossplay. Well, flash forward, and the mobile version took off. It gotten a drastic overhaul, and was later on console versiom quality, but it had some unique features not found in other versions. Remember the crossplay thing I said like 2 sentences ago? Well, Mojang was experimenting behind this the whole time, and they tried crossplay on PC and Mobile, but the issue was that it wasn't possible because they ran on different versions. Needless to say, the PC edition got a new version, called the Bedrock version, which allowed crossplay. The old PC version still stayed, that became the Java version. The console edition? Dead. Shortly after Bedrock took off, Microsoft dropped support for Wii U, 3DS, PS3, and X360, with PS4 being the last one to harbor a console edition.

What we see now on the XBone, Switch, and Mobile are all Bedrock editions. The PC has 2, the old PC version known as Java, or the updated Bedrock edition. Both are alive and kicking to this day.

Now, I'm oversimplifying things, a lot, but you get the gist.

DBo

Smash Cadet
My money is on Iron Man!
Sakurai recently said in an interview that non-videogame origin characters like Iron Man and Goku will not be in any Smash games. The reason being that they are not videogame characters but rather movie/tv characters first and foremost.

Shroob

Sup?
In it's hayday, there were 3 big versions of Minecraft; the mobile version known as Pocket Edition, the Console version, which was on Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U, and the PC Version. The mobile version lagged a ton behind the other versions in terms if updates, because mobile phones weren't quite up there, but they were determined to make it work, but the largest playerbase was by far on PC. As online multiplayer became more popular, so did the possibility of crossplay. Well, flash forward, and the mobile version took off. It gotten a drastic overhaul, and was later on console versiom quality, but it had some unique features not found in other versions. Remember the crossplay thing I said like 2 sentences ago? Well, Mojang was experimenting behind this the whole time, and they tried crossplay on PC and Mobile, but the issue was that it wasn't possible because they ran on different versions. Needless to say, the PC edition got a new version, called the Bedrock version, which allowed crossplay. The old PC version still stayed, that became the Java version. The console edition? Dead. Shortly after Bedrock took off, Microsoft dropped support for Wii U, 3DS, PS3, and X360, with PS4 being the last one to harbor a console edition.

What we see now on the XBone, Switch, and Mobile are all Bedrock editions. The PC has 2, the old PC version known as Java, or the updated Bedrock edition. Both are alive and kicking to this day.

Now, I'm oversimplifying things, a lot, but you get the gist.
So which is technically the more complete pc edition?

I keep seeing stuff like:

"Not in Java"

or

"Not in bedrock"

on the wiki

D

Deleted member

It's probably going to be Ryu Hayabusa or Lloyd Irving tbh those two are my predictions right now.

In terms of post-FP though my predictions are one of those two plus Crash Bandicoot, Geno (maybe), Sora, Doomguy, Arle Nadja, Reimu and no first party characters or Assist Upgrades with little to no Spirit upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sakurai recently said in an interview that non-videogame origin characters like Iron Man and Goku will not be in any Smash games. The reason being that they are not videogame characters but rather movie/tv characters first and foremost.
That sucks 3000.

DBo

Smash Cadet
Now that's awesome!! Sephiroth could also be a choice as well since Cloud is already in it and we need more villains represented anyways

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, i’m kind of sad about that. Honestly, I just want Goku for the reaction it would generate. Just imagine, people would flip out.

Also, Goldeneye 007 James Bond has been a pick i’ve wanted ever since I found out he was considered for Melee. Just the idea of Mario fighting James freakin Bond. It’s magic.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ultimate has outsold the Wii U and is still selling software?

DLC confirmed forever, boys.

DBo

Smash Cadet
Honestly, i’m kind of sad about that. Honestly, I just want Goku for the reaction it would generate. Just imagine, people would flip out.

Also, Goldeneye 007 James Bond has been a pick i’ve wanted ever since I found out he was considered for Melee. Just the idea of Mario fighting James freakin Bond. It’s magic.
Yeah I feel ya, it does suck that they are not going to be in it. However, I do hope Sephiroth will be in it since Cloud is already in it and we need more villains represented anyways :starman:

D

Deleted member

Steve will only arrive if you sacrifice the one you love the most.

A soul for a Smash character.
The hardest choices require the strongest wills.

If that's what I must do to get Geno and Isaac then so be it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So which is technically the more complete pc edition?

I keep seeing stuff like:

"Not in Java"

or

"Not in bedrock"

on the wiki
That's a good question. Bedrock tends to get features first, and they have some exclusive stuff, but Java on the other hand is more so on what you can do instead of what's given to you. Java gives the player more abilites, and it does redstone completely different, which is why heavy-crafters tend to prefer the Java version. Also, Hardcore mode is a Java exclusive. Bedrock is more for those who enjoy the multiplayer aspect, and is more so based in exploration than anything else, so people who love survival will go for that. The Bedrock edition has more technically speaking, but it's missing out on some player abilities and creative freedom the Java edition has.

The PS4 version? Whenever they feel like updating it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Every time I see a comment here that remotely says "dead thread", I look at the NZ social instead. Still hasn't even reached page 10.
Someone's gotta bite the bullet to add to the discussion there. But that'll be hard considering it serves a similar purpose to this thread.

Shroob

Sup?
That's a good question. Bedrock tends to get features first, and they have some exclusive stuff, but Java on the other hand is more so on what you can do instead of what's given to you. Java gives the player more abilites, and it does redstone completely different, which is why heavy-crafters tend to prefer the Java version. Also, Hardcore mode is a Java exclusive. Bedrock is more for those who enjoy the multiplayer aspect, and is more so based in exploration than anything else, so people who love survival will go for that. The Bedrock edition has more technically speaking, but it's missing out on some player abilities and creative freedom the Java edition has.

The PS4 version? Whenever they feel like updating it.
The Potato Man is knowledgeable.

The Potato Man is wise.

D

Deleted member

“Sorry mom, but I want this fictional character to be included in a video game sooo...”
As I said, The hardest choices require the strongest wills.

Luckily enough no way in hell is my will the strongest! though I would seriously love to get Geno and Isaac in Smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Saw this on another forum, looks like there was a major a alt costume poll:

Kind of interesting, though I have to say...

This is just wrong.
Man, people have trash taste in their Ike alt. NONE of the RD versions should be least popular. Beef Ike is too clean. Also, Slash Claw Mega Man should've beat out the Metal Blade color. But I use the Default and Flame Sword colors the most. Reyn Shulk should be higher. And so should Super Saiyan Donkey Kong.

Also, why Slightly Bluer Richter is more popular than the Red or Julius Alts I have no idea.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I try so hard to stay serious, and I'm not sure it's going well.

Someone's gotta bite the bullet to add to the discussion there. But that'll be hard considering it serves a similar purpose to this thread.
That, and almost every regular from over there being long gone. I don't even know what I would have done here, or who I would have talked to if I joined years earlier, but I think about that sometimes.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I try so hard to stay serious, and I'm not sure it's going well.

That, and almost every regular from over there being long gone. I don't even know what I would have done here, or who I would have talked to if I joined years earlier, but I think about that sometimes.
The NZ thread used to be the "Fire Emblem Heroes" discussion thread...

Until an actual Fire Emblem Heroes thread was made lol :yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ultimate has outsold the Wii U and is still selling software?

DLC confirmed forever, boys.
Year: 2029. Ultimate is getting its fourth story mode DLC. You are playing as a Sakurai Mii trying to escape Nintendo headquarters. In the back of your head, you wonder if developers are trying to tell you something.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Really. Hmmm. My sister must have played during the free era.
I’m not sure if it was ever free...well, I think you could play Classic for free after making an account, but that was an outdated version that was basically Creative Mode with less blocks. Technically you can still play Classic for free since they released it again on their website during the 10th Anniversary, though it’s a bit earlier version than the one that was up during Minecraft Beta and stuff.

If they’re still doing it, though...they give you a code to get the Bedrock Edition on Windows 10 for free if you buy Java Edition, but yeah I’m not sure if that’s still going on. Kinda felt like that was a deal they were keeping but idk.

There was a free, unofficial Minecraft client, though...the cracked version. Would let you use any account or username in cracked servers only (couldn’t join regular servers); these servers had a password system ingame to keep up with everyone. Honestly I’m not entirely sure how good their system worked; having the paid, official client I only ever tried Cracked once or so out of curiosity.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m not sure if it was ever free...well, I think you could play Classic for free after making an account, but that was an outdated version that was basically Creative Mode with less blocks. Technically you can still play Classic for free since they released it again on their website during the 10th Anniversary, though it’s a bit earlier version than the one that was up during Minecraft Beta and stuff.

If they’re still doing it, though...they give you a code to get the Bedrock Edition on Windows 10 for free if you buy Java Edition, but yeah I’m not sure if that’s still going on. Kinda felt like that was a deal they were keeping but idk.

There was a free, unofficial Minecraft client, though...the cracked version. Would let you use any account or username in cracked servers only (couldn’t join regular servers); these servers had a password system ingame to keep up with everyone. Honestly I’m not entirely sure how good they worked, having the paid, official client I only ever Cracked once or so out of curiosity.
All I know is that my sister used to play on her laptop and she told me she didn’t pay for it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
The NZ thread used to be the "Fire Emblem Heroes" discussion thread...

Until an actual Fire Emblem Heroes thread was made lol :yoshi:
I mean the ones from around 2015-2016. Looked like a nicer version of here before I showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom