• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

_gold_

Smash Master
I've only got the ever so awesome looking :4samus: amiibo
Then there's Link
Samus is awesome looking. She has so much swag in her stance. Every time I look at her I'm like "she's too cool! I have to give her another shot!". Then I play as her and I'm utterly disappointed. It's funny, cause at the Invitational Tournament at E3, I remember Sakurai saying Samus was the strongest fighter at the time. It seems Samus was powerless to stop Sakurai's nerf gun from then till launch.

On a side note, I WANT THIS!

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I will be get no Amiibos, I don't want have to go though all the trouble to get just one of them.
hang on im trying out this thing
pixilate hyper voice tho
edit: fix'd
you're not a Pikachu? well... That's new just seems so weird when you don't have one.

Soul.

I will be get no Amiibos, I don't want have to go though all the trouble to get just one of them.

you're not a Pikachu? well... That's new just seems so weird when you don't have one.
I know right? lel
k I'm done testing. going back to Pikachu now

D

Deleted member

Samus is awesome looking. She has so much swag in her stance. Every time I look at her I'm like "she's too cool! I have to give her another shot!". Then I play as her and I'm utterly disappointed. It's funny, cause at the Invitational Tournament at E3, I remember Sakurai saying Samus was the strongest fighter at the time. It seems Samus was powerless to stop Sakurai's nerf gun from then till launch.

Dual Canon Repainted Samus

Only $1,000,000,008

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
72 characters, none of which are Ice Climbers.
#stopclimbing
At this point I'm starting to think you just dislike the Ice Climbers. :p

But in all fairness, as much as I love them, I wouldn't add them to this hypothetical fighting game, for the sole reason that you could only add 15 per company, and I could definitely think of fifteen that'd come before them :p

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Social Thread 4.0:

...so yeah, I prepared myself for the pranking. :b I've noticed some male members change their displayed gender to female when pranked, so I did the converse. I am also Dante.

(usually pranking takes like 2-3 days from the request, I remember from when I pranked someone)

Morbi

Scavenger

I am still of the opinion that Sakurai had no idea what the "best" character in the game was. In fact, I do not think anyone knows as of yet. We will find out in a couple of months, probably. These things take time. Shiek or Diddy might seem dominant right now, but who knows, maybe the torch will be passed.

Soul.

At this point I'm starting to think you just dislike the Ice Climbers. :p

But in all fairness, as much as I love them, I wouldn't add them to this hypothetical fighting game, for the sole reason that you could only add 15 per company, and I could definitely think of fifteen that'd come before them :p
Nah, I don't hate them. Just find them a bit... well um, how do I gamExplain.... overrated? I'm indifferent with them coming back; of course some people will hate them. Although the main reason is the 3DS (eh).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nah, I don't hate them. Just find them a bit... well um, how do I gamExplain.... overrated? I'm indifferent with them coming back; of course some people will hate them. Although the main reason is the 3DS (eh).
I can see how you'd think that, what with their wobbles and CGs. :p

And yet when I played ICs I never did either of those. :laugh:

_gold_

Smash Master
To this day, I don't buy into that crap. There's no way the CPU on the 3ds couldn't handle it. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. I'm not really a fan of Ice Climbers, but it still doesn't make much sense to me. I'm no programmer, but how does Rosalina & Luma work so smoothly, and then Ice Climbers become impossible to create? Meh. I don't buy it.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's kinda funny. I tried to do my own challenge with the 72 characters thing, and I took a look at the representation of the Big Three console companies (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). In the end, I gave Nintendo 14 characters, Sony 14 characters, and Microsoft...3. :laugh:

Microsoft doesn't have a lot of character-driven IPs.

_gold_

Smash Master
It's kinda funny. I tried to do my own challenge with the 72 characters thing, and I took a look at the representation of the Big Three console companies (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). In the end, I gave Nintendo 14 characters, Sony 14 characters, and Microsoft...3. :laugh:

What's wrong with Halo? It only revolutionized FPS's.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
To this day, I don't buy into that crap. There's no way the CPU on the 3ds couldn't handle it. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. I'm not really a fan of Ice Climbers, but it still doesn't make much sense to me. I'm no programmer, but how does Rosalina & Luma work so smoothly, and then Ice Climbers become impossible to create? Meh. I don't buy it.
their AI is different IC AI move like a CPU player, while the luma is more of a puppet.

Morbi

Scavenger

Microsoft does not need a lot of character-driven IPs if they have Master Chief. The best gaming icon of all-time.

D

Deleted member

Luma has a more basic model. Luma also doesn't behave quite like a character. He can get hit sure, but he can't grab, be grabbed, or interact with items. I think it's pretty telling when the 3D model for the Flying Men had to be scrapped because of processing.

D

Deleted member

What's wrong with Halo? It only revolutionized FPS's.
Ehh, the only big-name Microsoft character we could name is Master Chief. There's Marcus Fenix from Gears and.. uhh.. maybe Blinx: The Time Sweeper?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Luma has a more basic model. Luma also doesn't behave quite like a character. He can get hit sure, but he can't grab, be grabbed, or interact with items. I think it's pretty telling when the 3D model for the Flying Men had to be scrapped because of processing.
Then just make the ol' ICs 2D like G&W
They never had a 3D Model to begin with!
:4pacman:

Morbi

Scavenger
Then just make the ol' ICs 2D like G&W
They never had a 3D Model to begin with!
:4pacman:
I am honestly surprised Sakurai did not just give us Popo or Nana (through an alternate palette) as a single character with the other making a cameo for the Final Smash. If they did that, I would totally ship Nana X Chrom.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I got Link as a gift. The rest of the characters I plan to get are characters I actually use, so Link's gonna look out of place in more ways than one.
I'm not gonna use Samus but the amiibo looks nice

Same, too bad she's incredibad
However I did hear that she matches up well with Luigi

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

That's pretty much the reason Sony is my 2nd Console of choice. Am not a Rare fan in any sense, but sitting on all those IPs continues to be Microsoft's biggest mistake.

Though to be honest, except for maybe Jak & Daxter, I only care about the 3rd Party support for those consoles.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Considering the stricter limit of players at once on the 3DS version (compare Multi-Man only having up to 5 fighters at once vs. home console iterations of the series handling more than that), it's likely due to processing issues.

The 3DS could handle more players, but that would come with frame-rate drops, which always remain a steady 60 overall, which would mean that lag due to not enough RAM would be a huge stain the quality of the game.

There's a reason Assist Trophies and Poké Balls only run at 30 fps and you can only have one at a time. The number of items at once is also slightly more limited than the home console games.

Next, Luma reacts to inputs directly from the player and is component of Rosalina. It's a small model that runs dependently on the player's inputs. The Ice Climbers, however, are effectively two characters running at once, with Popo being the main player and Nana being a special AI program. The fact Nana is as demanding as a player and runs her own AI requires a lot more memory and resources than Luma does. Having several players as the Ice Climbers would likely cause frame-rate drops as a 4-player match with all players using the Ice Climbers effectively amounts to 8 players on the stage.

My theory is: could the Ice Climbers work on the 3DS version? Yes, they could. Would they work smoothly and not degrade the game's quality? Not really.

Last edited:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
Ehh, the only big-name Microsoft character we could name is Master Chief. There's Marcus Fenix from Gears and.. uhh.. maybe Blinx: The Time Sweeper?
For all these years I thought I was the only human alive that even knew about Blinx. Thank you for being proof that I am not crazy! :)

Soul.

I'm just glad they managed to fit Smash on a handheld. The New 3DS, while making sure they can fit, is really weird because the differences in power are minimal. 3DS CPU is dual-core; New 3DS is quad-core. I dunno how could they work.

edit: no, New 3DS isn't quad-core. my b

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Earlier talk about the Ice Climbers reminds me of how cold Minnesota can get in the winter.

Speaking of the ice climbers, I never really stunk at using them in melee and brawl, and I was very surprised to see that Sakurai would cut them just because of programming complications. That just sounds stupid.

Well, whatever the cost, I just hope they return for the next title.

Morbi

Scavenger
For all these years I thought I was the only human alive that even knew about Blinx. Thank you for being proof that I am not crazy! :)
I am one of these humans alive that does not even know about Blinx, not that that would surprise you. I just wanted to mention that I have no idea who he/she/it is.

D

Deleted member

Yep. I was very well aware about that for years but as I never owned the original Xbox, I never played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom