• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
As much as I like how we have a portable Smash game (and how the two screens can bring cool effects, like with the ghosts on Pac Maze), I don't like how Sakurai pretty much lied when he said the 3DS version wouldn't "drag the Wii U version down"

And what's that I hear about people singing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWVST7P37IM

----
I am really happy that he lied so that all of Sakurai's fans would discover first-hand that he did indeed blatantly lie to them. Maybe now they will think twice before worshiping the ground he walks on... or they will make excuses for him. Regardless, it was a job well done.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of the ice climbers, I never really stunk at using them in melee and brawl, and I was very surprised to see that Sakurai would cut them just because of programming complications. That just sounds stupid.
The amount of ignorance in this statement is just astounding, it's making me enraged as a programmer.

Programming issues are a big deal when it comes to game development. Programming takes time and you often run into complications you may not predict and those can be hard to get out of.

No, it's not stupid to cut content due to such issues considering time and budget limits. It's serious business as a video game is computer software.

Soul.

See, this is why I don't like speculation. The majority gets pissed off over a handheld lol

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

It's happening.
I knew the guy on the far left was Nights.
Also, AMMY.
Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Tyris Flare (Not that wannabe edgy **** from Beast Rider), Billy Hatcher, Firebrand, Nina, NiGHTS, and Alex Kidd. Out of the obscured characters in the background that I can recognize, it looks like either a Ludgroth or Lagiacrus from Monster Hunter (Both of these guys were annoying to hunt the past). All it needs is Toejam & Earl Selvaria Bles and Vyse in order to really win me over. :love:

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
See, this is why I don't like speculation. The majority gets pissed off over a handheld lol
Handheld has Smash Run. 10/10 GOTY more than enough water. Speaking of that, is there anyone here who still plays that? I won't even bother asking about Smash Tour:troll:

D

Deleted member

Yep. I'm just glad a handheld Smash exists, regardless if there's Ice Climbers or not. What if it was Sopo? That would ruin their uniqueness. What if they were Wii U-exclusive? Some people would complain that they aren't on the 3DS and want to play on the go.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I don't care that one character was cut due to the 3DS version
It's good to have a handheld smash, so the trade off is fair
Nonetheless the 3DS isn't my preferred version, unless I'm hunting for customs
I need precision, and a c-stick among other things
Before I'm raged at Just my preference, not bashing the system

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the record, the three Microsoft characters I had were Master Chief, Banjo and Kazooie, and Steve.

What's even funnier is that all three of them are from the acquisitions of other companies, being Bungie, Rare, and Mojang. :p

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Warning Received
Don't make image-only posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
I am one of these humans alive that does not even know about Blinx, not that that would surprise you. I just wanted to mention that I have no idea who he/she/it is.

That's Blinx. It's an Xbox only game. It was essentially my Mario 64 as I never owned an N64. Fun, but I don't know if it holds up today.

Soul.

Yep. I'm just glad a handheld Smash exists, regardless if there's Ice Climbers or not. What if it was Sopo? That would ruin their uniqueness. What if they were Wii U-exclusive? Some people would complain that they aren't on the 3DS and want to play on the go.
There is basically no way for them to be in. People need to think about the 3DS too.
And now I won't bother talking about this as I know nothing and speculation arguments are silly

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Only one level to evolve my Burmy and register THE FINAL entry in my Dex

@--- The Page 730 now loads without problem, you should go and correct your accidental double post there :troll:
...and see if I double posted there while I was blindly posting from Page 729 :teeth:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
There is basically no way for them to be in. People need to think about the 3DS too.
And now I won't bother talking about this as I know nothing and speculation arguments are silly
He could have included them in the Wii U version of the game if he did not promise that the 3DS would have the same roster. Just Saiyan.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah. I'll have to agree with that.

@--- The Page 730 now loads without problem, you should go and correct your accidental double post there :troll:
...and see if I double posted there while I was blindly posting from Page 729 :teeth:
Lol, I went to that page earlier today and it ran with no problems. I am not sure what's going to happen with 5.0's Page 730, though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Soon the giant pig will be added to this
But for now
Jolly Tingle is jolly.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

@--- The Page 730 now loads without problem, you should go and correct your accdiental double post there :troll:
That reminds me
I have screenshots of at least three mods double posting that I took for blackmail erhm I mean ****s and giggles
So hold your infractions next time mods

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, this would've been a cool idea, although this comes from Melee's Japanese Trophy Hoard and I already knew about it.

SNES Smash Bros.. Yep.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Warning Received
*blank posts*
Who likes blank posts?
I do.

You know, this would've been a cool idea, although this comes from Melee's Japanese Trophy Hoard and I already knew about it.

SNES Smash Bros.. Yep.
So that one guy who was at Comic Con was one step closer to getting the "I played Smash Bros. since the NES" statement right.
One tiny baby step.

EDIT: Who likes Double Posts?
Opossum does.
But FalKoopa likes them alot more.
*shots fired*

Soul.

He could have included them in the Wii U version of the game if he did not promise that the 3DS would have the same roster. Just Saiyan.
That would be pretty dumb honestly lol

SNES Smash Bros.. Yep.
but Pikachu wouldn't have been in

D

Deleted member

So that one guy who was at Comic Con was one step closer to getting the "I played Smash Bros. since the NES" statement right.
One tiny baby step.
Y-Y-You just double posted. :troll:
I didn't know Smash Bros. on the NES and SNES were a reality. *laughs*

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
IS THERE NO WAY TO DELETE ACCIDENTAL SPAMS BEFORE ADMINS COME FOR YOU!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom