• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Good lord why is freaking Stix in the new Sonic X MegaMan crossover? Who in there right mind gives a damn about Stix? Where are Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow?
I'm guessing she's there to represent the Sonic Boom universe being included, seeing as how she's the only important Sonic Boom character (aside from Lyric) that is unique to Sonic Boom. If they put Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, etc. in the story, they'll probably be the ones from Sonic's world.

I think every character is there to represent their respective world/series that will be included. Whether or not other characters from those worlds will appear has yet to be seen.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Good lord why is freaking Stix in the new Sonic X MegaMan crossover? Who in there right mind gives a damn about Stix? Where are Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow?
Thank you. The original sonic team is what people care about, I don't know what's gotten into sega
Two sonic boom games
Cartoon Network TV show
Really

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Saw two Samus Amiibos today. I was wondering if I should have bought one or continue to save money and wait for Ness...do Samus Amiibo usually sell out quickly?

R0Y

Smash Master

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Please tell me you agree with me that Micaiah is the real protagonist of RD. and then they put Ike in smash and Micaiah as no representation...
Micaiah definitely is the main protagonist. I would've liked to see how she might play in Smash, though with Robin I'm not that mad at her exclusion. I do like Ike (reference intended), mainly because of Path of Radiance, but his role in Radiant Dawn was well done. But no doubt that Micaiah is more central to the plot than Ike.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Micaiah definitely is the main protagonist. I would've liked to see how she might play in Smash, though with Robin I'm not that mad at her exclusion. I do like Ike (reference intended), mainly because of Path of Radiance, but his role in Radiant Dawn was well done. But no doubt that Micaiah is more central to the plot than Ike.
No, Micaiah and Ike are both the main characters. Micaiah in the first half, Ike in the second half, and then both in the final battle against Ashera.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know, sometimes I'm thinking to myself : "Maybe a Nichijou and Phoenix Wright crossover could not work."
Then I see in my Youtube recommendations a crossover of Phoenix Wright with My Little Pony. And it had success apparently.

Guess my crossover could work afterall. And at least, I don't put Phoenix Wright in Nichijou, unlike this video who just transported him in this magical pony world.

Poor, poor Phoenix Wright.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Can I hear it, pleeeeasssse.

Kidding! I love Krystal and Star Fox.

My mother confiscated it a few months before Maria said those words. It wasn't Maria who confiscated it lol

...the details behind the confiscation are embarassing and I'd rather not talk about that, thanks.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You know, sometimes I'm thinking to myself : "Maybe a Nichijou and Phoenix Wright crossover could not work."
Then I see in my Youtube recommendations a crossover of Phoenix Wright with My Little Pony. And it had success apparently.

Guess my crossover could work afterall. And at least, I don't put Phoenix Wright in Nichijou, unlike this video who just transported him in this magical pony world.

What's so bad about crossovers that put on character in the world of another?
I don't see a problem.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935

You're probably referring to Turnabout Storm. It's bloody brilliant. I like both franchises, and as much as they might appear to be incomparable, they make it work perfectly. Apart from a couple of cameos, it's basically just a Phoenix Wright game, only with the MLP FIM ponies instead of any AA characters. The plot twists and humour are spot on. I would fully recommend watching it if you're looking for inspiration or ideas, it's definitely on the right lines.

R0Y

Smash Master
My mother confiscated it a few months before Maria said those words. It wasn't Maria who confiscated it lol

...the details behind the confiscation are embarrassing and I'd rather not talk about that, thanks.
Fair enough.

Congratulations on the job.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

....but isnt that what a crossover IS, two world colliding in some way? If it doesnt have characters from both franchises interacting with each other in some way it would then be a spoof, or a tribute, if I understand your idea correctly.

Last edited:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I get dropped off at work and started heading toward the canteen. I get stopped by the supervisor telling me he meant to call me and tell me that the plant is closing at 4 due to the oncoming inclement weather. This snow is killing me and my wallet.

The bright side is my last check from my last job still needs to be picked up. I guess it's a good thing I have extra cash waiting for me from this Winter Wonderhell. I'll be doing that once I obtain a ride later.

Case in point, I need to get my own car. Relying on others for transportation's lost its luster years ago.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
....but isnt that what a crossover IS, two world colliding in some way? If it doesnt have characters from both franchises interacting with each other in some way it would rather be a spoof, or a tribute.
No, from what I've seen, crossovers can sometimes just be one set of characters in the "environment" of another.
A good example would be Luggy's story, which has Nichijou's characters in a Phoenix Wright style story, but not with PW characters themselves.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
"Do you hear the people sing? " (Thread title, Smashboards)
What people singing?!

Why in the world did I MLA cite this?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I love crossovers. Luckily for me, Touhou has cross overs with everything under the sun (Mario, Super Robot Wars, Ace Attorney, Nichijou, you name it.)

I spend time actively looking for those, admittedly.

:231:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, I feel we're too grounded in reality when it comes to crossovers. What happened to all the "out there" fics? Where's the fun anymore? Nowadays it's all shipping and crap.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
....but isnt that what a crossover IS, two world colliding in some way? If it doesnt have characters from both franchises interacting with each other in some way it would then be a spoof, or a tribute, if I understand your idea correctly.
Technically speaking, it is a crossover, since the first trial takes place in the original courtroom where Phoenix did his first trial. But I decided to simply not include the characters and only make references of them via other characters from Nichijou, being the costumes, movements and some references to the original games.
In short, Phoenix is in the universe, but I won't show him. Mainly due to the timeline. The games are set in the near future, and Nichijou doesn't have any proper timeline (even though there's a timeskip in it). I want to mainly respect the canon of the Nichijou universe, while still having some Ace Attorney references.

So yeah, I'm not doing a "Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton" style of crossover. No interactions between Nichijou and Ace Attorney characters, only references. It's better this way, I can avoid the subject of murder cases in a lot of ways, especially for the first case I'm making, wich is only a play of the first trial of Phoenix. I'm trying hard to respect both canons.

No, from what I've seen, crossovers can sometimes just be one set of characters in the "environment" of another.
A good example would be Luggy's story, which has Nichijou's characters in a Phoenix Wright style story, but not with PW characters themselves.
You got it perfectly.

By the way, I never mentionned how a lot of characters from Nichijou have some similarities to the Ace Attorney characters. For example, Mio is pretty much like Phoenix, being the normal characters in a wacky universe. She got 2 friends from school, Yuuko being the stupid but loveable one, and Mai the mysterious and mostly silent friend.
You can see where I had the ideas of wanting to create a crossover between the two.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a fun exercise I brought up at one point before, but more in depth. Figure it'd be a good way to spark some debate. :p

In this world, you are met with a task: create a 2D crossover fighting game. Crossover with what? Any and all video games ever. That's right, you somehow hold enough money and power to get any license you choose.

There are some...restrictions, though, mainly with the roster.

• You may only choose up to 72 characters. Space limitations, and all.
  • No one company may have over 15 characters.
  • No one series may have over three characters.
  • If the series is a spin-off, it counts toward the main series.
  • To clarify the above, having DK as his own series because Mario and DK spun off from the same game into different series in the same universe is okay. Saying Luigi is a Luigi's Mansion character is not okay. :p
  • Each character must have originated in a video game. Sorry, Abraham Lincoln and Ghandi. :p
  • Characters should be important (unbiasedly) in some way, preferably. Important, iconic, represent a new playstyle, or represent a different video game genre are all good reasons. So don't add Kellam just because he's your favorite AFire Emblem character. :p
  • Stages have more room, since really in a 2D fighter they're just skin changes. Up to 100 stages may be added for music purposes.
So yeah. Under these guidelines, what would you make the roster? I figure this could be a fun game. Makes you think...

Basically this idea came from a random discussion a friend of mine was having with me. :laugh:

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I love crossovers. Luckily for me, Touhou has cross overs with everything under the sun (Mario, Super Robot Wars, Ace Attorney, Nichijou, you name it.)

I spend time actively looking for those, admittedly.

When you say crossovers, do you mean Crossover Videos, Crossover Pictures, or Crossover stories? (Or crossover music?)
Still, I feel we're too grounded in reality when it comes to crossovers. What happened to all the "out there" fics? Where's the fun anymore? Nowadays it's all shipping and crap.
What's an "Out there" fic? Like, what would you say is a legitimately good crossover?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Videos, games and... manga, oddly enough.

I want my crossover to be a manga.
But I need to find a french artist for that. Or someone who could translate my work so that I could give it to an artist.
It sucks to be a writer without someone to draw your ideas.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What's an "Out there" fic? Like, what would you say is a legitimately good crossover?
Well, let's start with this. A good crossover is one that not only is entertaining, but has enough to appeal both sides of the fanbase.
In terms of an out there fic. I mean the crossovers no one would have thunk. Thinking outside the box.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Looks like I'm still going to be missing classes for a while. The people at the health house diagnosed me with a stomach virus. We're getting it treated, but it looks like I'll be in confinement for a while.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Technically speaking, it is a crossover, since the first trial takes place in the original courtroom where Phoenix did his first trial. But I decided to simply not include the characters and only make references of them via other characters from Nichijou, being the costumes, movements and some references to the original games.
In short, Phoenix is in the universe, but I won't show him. Mainly due to the timeline. The games are set in the near future, and Nichijou doesn't have any proper timeline (even though there's a timeskip in it). I want to mainly respect the canon of the Nichijou universe, while still having some Ace Attorney references.

So yeah, I'm not doing a "Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton" style of crossover. No interactions between Nichijou and Ace Attorney characters, only references. It's better this way, I can avoid the subject of murder cases in a lot of ways, especially for the first case I'm making, wich is only a play of the first trial of Phoenix. I'm trying hard to respect both canons.

You got it perfectly.

By the way, I never mentionned how a lot of characters from Nichijou have some similarities to the Ace Attorney characters. For example, Mio is pretty much like Phoenix, being the normal characters in a wacky universe. She got 2 friends from school, Yuuko being the stupid but loveable one, and Mai the mysterious and mostly silent friend.
You can see where I had the ideas of wanting to create a crossover between the two.
I can see where you get the similarities, and it sounds interesting. (I'd like to see it when it's done.)
Although, does Mio have capabilities to pull off the incredible first person inner monologue deadpan snark that Phoenix is capable of?
Seriously, the inner monologue is just incredible in the AA series.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well, let's start with this. A good crossover is one that not only is entertaining, but has enough to appeal both sides of the fanbase.
In terms of an out there fic. I mean the crossovers no one would have thunk. Thinking outside the box.
I know that, I was wondering if you had any specific examples.
Although, by "Thinking outside the box" do you mean a crossover between two things that nobody has thought of, or a crossover concept that nobody has thought of?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
your ****ing Sig

So guess what. College is closed tomorrow. again
Looks like I'm still going to be missing classes for a while. The people at the health house diagnosed me with a stomach virus. We're getting it treated, but it looks like I'll be in confinement for a while.
oh I remember I had a stomach Virus. My dumb ass went to school anyway

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I can see where you get the similarities, and it sounds interesting. (I'd like to see it when it's done.)
Although, does Mio have capabilities to pull off the incredible first person inner monologue deadpan snark that Phoenix is capable of?
Seriously, the inner monologue is just incredible in the AA series.
Yes, she has those types of dialogues in her head and I definitely plan to put them in. Some characters will stay to there characters, meaning that they won't have costumes from other characters. But the proscuteurs will all have the costumes from the originals, as well as Mio.

The first case will be a play. So this will be the only "murder case". But since it's only a play, it never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom