• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
euh....

is that an unintended refference to spm ch4?

Because you do buy chocolate there....

And it does look like a market....

While the game is SUPER Paper Mario....

lol, I wonder if it was intended :)
While it wasn't intended to be a reference, I WAS thinking of that shop while I was typing it.
I love that there's just some random shop in space.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was looking around and I found this. This guy does some real legit stuff.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't play much to care bout that cheap piece of garbage as much anymore. I'm confident a future patch will finally dethrone him anyways.
I suppose that is what the Smash 4 community is all about; waiting for a patch to dethrone a character. I remember in the good old days that you had to work to dethrone a king... or just switch to the top character. :troll:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don't want to wait for Majoras Mask 3D anymore. I'll just listen to some music while I wait.

Speaking of music, I heard this song when someone was playing it in my tech class this morning. Pretty nice music, no?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't play much to care bout that cheap piece of garbage as much anymore. I'm confident a future patch will finally dethrone him anyways.
You know, Diddy isnt cheap piece of garbage. I dont even play Diddy and that pissed me off. I can just as easily say Pit or Palutana is a cheap piece of garbage

By oh boy the things people say when they mean to say that don't like something.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't want to wait for Majoras Mask 3D anymore. I'll just listen to some music while I wait.

Speaking of music, I heard this song when someone was playing it in my tech class this morning. Pretty nice music, no?

Guess what I did to wait for Majora's Mask 3D? I played Majora's Mask. Guess which game I no longer want to buy on release?

And for once someone posts a song that does not make my ears bleed.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, Diddy isnt cheap piece of garbage. I dont even play Diddy and that pissed me off. I can just as easily say Pit or Palutana is a cheap piece of garbage
You wanna know who's a cheap piece of garbage? Mario and Yoshi.

I swear, Sakurai's been getting lazy.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Why not? If there's no one there, that means it's easier to monopolize.
But you also get very little business.
Also, he only sells chocolate bars.
And his shop is located in a space maze.
But he seems fine with it, so I guess it's alright.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I managed to grind my SoulSilver team to the levels 75-81; I feel ready to beat Red
:4myfriends:LET'S DO THIS!! :4charizard:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I prefer the Wii U version and I haven't even played it. I know I would because for one, I have an actual controller with an analog stick that isn't so small- my biggest gripe of the 3DS- and graphics. Graphics aren't important to me, but, metaphorically speaking, if you were offering me a premium account for one month or a year, I'd obviously take the year. I've heard some good things too, like dat stage builder, but I won't dwell on that 'cause I haven't play it. :laugh:
View attachment 38408
Oh graphics matter this time! Because of the additional effects on attacks it actually raised my accuracy on basically all of lucario's attacks, like on 3Ds there were parts of attacks that hit with thin air but on Wii U the invisible hitboxes were filled in by aura that was absent on 3Ds.

Graphix!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But you also get very little business.
Also, he only sells chocolate bars.
And his shop is located in a space maze.
But he seems fine with it, so I guess it's alright.
But little business is better than none than all.

That is not Mario and Yoshi; they are Dino and Martin. They bump and go!
It's their stage name. Turns out there's already someone named Mario and Yoshi. Who knew?

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh graphics matter this time! Because of the additional effects on attacks it actually raised my accuracy on basically all of lucario's attacks, like on 3Ds there were parts of attacks that hit with thin air but on Wii U the invisible hitboxes were filled in by aura that was absent on 3Ds.

Graphix!
Indeed. I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. Sometimes, when I played the 3DS version, my eyes would burn and water. It would result in losses here and there. Fortunately, the Wii U version has fixed this issue with superior graphix.

zkaka3000

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm playing Smash with all my boy friends again.

One time I was playing FG free for all, and there were 3 of us (including me). Opponents were both :4sonic: and I was :4darkpit:. And of course the Sonics teamed up and went after me. Well, it was funny because I kept spamming ELECTROSHOCK!! and they always got hit at the same time. But I lost in the end whatevs. Too funny.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
How is that making you a casual? What these days even defines the term casual? Am I a casual for leaning back casually as I type this? Are you a casual for being so casual about it?

Is there any other casuals I should know about?
see, this is why I learned to not use this words because depending on the context, it has so much deviation, it's not even funny.

In speedrunning, you're playing casually a game if you play it without any speedrunning intent aka, you play it "the intended way". Example, if you do a first playthrough, that is playing casually, but doing an any% run isn't.

The problem is that even if you try to define what a casual is, it's still heavilly interpretaton based. Do you evaluate casual depnding on the frequency a person play video games? If it is then it would mean that most people here aren't casual. However, if you do rate a person casual depending on its past experience with games....that is another thing.

So, for me, I just tend to view gamers as one side loving them on a regular basis (it goes from you enjoy playing game as a time passing regularilly to you think games are art like me). The other side is basically anyone that don't enjoy games as a time passing usually. They either don't care much, or just play to just purely pass time. When I say purely, I mean that you won't get usually memories of your expeeirnece so, nostalgia will become less obvious. The passioned side will try to get stuff from their past experiences.

It's like me, every time I finish a game, I always try to summurise it to get what I learned. This is why I love to play fantastic games bacause I learn something.

PF9

Smash Lord
Is anyone fascinated with how certain pairs of songs sound similar at points? I notice for example that "Do You Believe in Love" by Huey Lewis sounds like ELO's "Sweet Talkin' Woman" in certain parts.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hey, I'm playing Smash with all my boy friends again.

One time I was playing FG free for all, and there were 3 of us (including me). Opponents were both :4sonic: and I was :4darkpit:. And of course the Sonics teamed up and went after me. Well, it was funny because I kept spamming ELECTROSHOCK!! and they always got hit at the same time. But I lost in the end whatevs. Too funny.
omg your damn icon, I love it

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Is anyone fascinated with how certain pairs of songs sound similar at points? I notice for example that "Do You Believe in Love" by Huey Lewis sounds like ELO's "Sweet Talkin' Woman" in certain parts.
I honestly LOVE to do this....with vgm.

For example, this:

sounds extremely similar to this:

And I have others. Like, I got that maybe the doopliss battle having a similar pattern to pokey means buisness.

And similarilly, I might have got that Rgoeuprot theme would be based on the smw tittle theme....that needs investigation, but I really love to do this :)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I hate that I can never seem to forget anything. I just got a flashback of someone who yelled at me seven years ago for some reason...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp, Red is kill and I laughed because I saw how obscenely hard hits a Choice Specs boosted Ancient Power on a Charizard

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hey.

Remember that one picture I said I had of Peach entering Lucario's "goalie zone"? It just dawned on me that I didn't show you guys. Once again, for a refreasher- when I paused the game to get a drink, I accidentally locked onto this scene. Spoiled for over sensitive people.
HNI_0037.JPG
"It's perfect" - Soldier, 2015
"10/10" - IGN, 2015

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom