• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Finally, liking Smash 4 is becoming an unpopular opinion. Everything is going just as planned. I am becoming a minority once again.
Your avatar combined with this statement is perfection.

Edit: Greninja'd (remember when that was still cool?)

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Your avatar combines with that post too well.

Smash 4 is a great game, but I feel that the jump from Melee to Brawl spoiled the transition from Brawl to Smash 4.

Still my favorite in the series, but I do have some gripes:
- not all series got new stages in each versions
- some character cuts (mainly Lucas and Wolf, who were among my favorites to play in Brawl)
- some songs being botched by deliberate shortening (including songs from previous Smash games, wtf)

Like from Melee to Brawl, this transition felt like taking a lot of steps forward but a few, but important, steps backward.

I think Sakurai can get too ambitious with the games and that backfires at times.
I always wonder why :4rob: was a priority but not :wolf:. Yeah, R.O.B really helped the gaming industry with his two barely likeable games. Wolf ? Nah, he sucks. He's a "clone" remember. Smash 4 don't need clones.

The biggest step backward for me is the single player. Smash Run and Master Core doesn't save it, that's for sure.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I think the most important opinion that I made today,is not how the characters are bad,and yes how bad people uses that characters.
The main point, though, is that bad play (a.k.a. rolling everywhere, shielding 24/7 with grabs, projectile spam, dash attacks, etc.) actually works due to the game's bad mechanics.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I always wonder why :4rob: was a priority but not :wolf:. Yeah, R.O.B really helped the gaming industry with his two barely likeable games. Wolf ? Nah, he sucks. He's a "clone" remember. Smash 4 don't need clones.
Eh, that's subjective.

If Wolf was in instead of R.O.B., there would have been complaining anyway. Complaining about character cuts will happen as long as characters are cut between games.

The biggest step backward for me is the single player. Smash Run and Master Core doesn't save it, that's for sure.
I actually like Smash Run.

And Smash never really had top notch single player content. It's primarily a multiplayer game as it's always been, so it doesn't really need deep single player modes. If you want rich single player modes, your choice would be more of a RPG or something like that.

All in all, I don't feel it was either a step backward or a step forward. It's more of the same with some differences here and there, such as more co-op options.

I like the Stadium and Event modes, actually. I always tend to like little modes where you can challenge your own records over and over.

Strofirko

Smash Master
The main point, though, is that bad play (a.k.a. rolling everywhere, shielding 24/7 with grabs, projectile spam, dash attacks, etc.) actually works due to the game's bad mechanics.
In a fighting game like smash,what would be your measures to punish spammers?

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I think the most important opinion that I made today,is not how the characters are bad,and yes how bad people uses that characters.
Every character is good in Smash 4, it's just how poorly people play them.
I know that feel, I main :4drmario:, a character considered by many the worst in the game. Now they are all amazed by his tornado that has the same priority as :4luigi:'s tornado.
Meanwhile, I've been using the tornado since the beginning of Smash 4.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
In a fighting game like smash,what would be your measures to punish spammers.
In Melee, I have multiple ways, it just depends on the situation. I would usually start wavelanding around platforms to throw them off and get above them, then shield drop into a nair to set-up a combo.

In Smash 4, it's hard to punish projectile spam because rolling is way too good, and there's very little ending lag on most things. So as soon as I make any attempt to punish, they're just rolling all over the place with their indefinite invincibility.

D

Deleted member

Wait a second...

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SMASH 4 IN THE SOCIAL THREAD.

THAT NEVER HAPPENS!!

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I must the only person that like playing with items on or off,but that just me. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

I must the only person that like playing with items on or off,but that just me. :smirk:
I love a good items match every now and again. Especially Pokeballs and Assists only on really small stages. I am kind of sad they removed the fan though. That was such a great troll item.

:GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Apparently I missed a big talk about :4drmario: in the Doc thread. Now they say that Doc will be better than :4mario:, like Melee before. They mainly talk about the tornado priority and other stuff.

Okay people let fix this:

Ukato
If only. If only.
Damn you Nintendo and your priorities on Mario characters.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Do anyone want to see My Item tier list, No? Well that too bad because I going to post it anyway:awesome:
SS tier : Gust bellows (seriously **** that Item)
S tier : star man, golden hammer, Ore club,and cucco
A tier : Master Ball, Beehive, hammer, beetle, DayBreak ,Dragoon, Heart Container, Pow block, deku nut, Assist trophy, super curry
B tier : Pokeball, Ray gun, super scope, boss galaga, smart bomb, bullet bill, boomerang, steel driver, home run bat, blue shell, lip's stick, hot head, Rocket belt, smash ball, motion- Sensor bomb, Warp Star, back shield, fire flower, super curry, Drill, and super leaf
C tier : Beam sword, star rod, fire bar, bumper, blast box Lighting Bolt, Green shell, Maxim tomato, Metal box, bunny hood, gooey bomb, bob- omb, and Killer eye
D tier : Freezie, super mushroom, poison mushroom, Unira, X bomb, Pit fall, Timer, franklin badge, and Screw Attack
E tier : Food, team healer, spring, Special flag, Fairy bottle, Mr. Saturn, grass, Banana Peel, and Bombchu
F tire : Sandbag.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Do anyone want to see My Item tier list, No? Well that too bad because I going to post it anyway:awesome:
SS tier : Gust bellows (seriously **** that Item)
Wind is strong in this game. Especially with this item.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I lost a 9.0 Classic run on the first round because of this thing. I am never turning it on again.
Classic 9.0 run vs. Giant Lucario and I was doing extremely well. Had him at 200%+ while I still had two lifes at 20%. He got a Gust Bellows and of course I still lost. Screw that item. Seriously.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I was playing the good Captain today on FG, and on my opponent's last stock, I knocked him off stage with a b-air and as he was coming back, I jumped off and used my double jump into an immediate turn-around falcon punch, beautifully catching him right on the side of the stage, absolutely stage-spiking him into next week.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'm not crying, I swear.
*Cries anyway because the music is beautiful*

D

Deleted member

Children, please. Don't hate on the gust bellows, just quit your crying and get them before your opponent does.
But if you get it then you're the jerk who used the Gust Bellows. Just turn the item off, or throw it off a cliff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom