• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
But if you get it then you're the jerk who used the Gust Bellows. Just turn the item off, or throw it off a cliff.
I think you're just making fun of me since KC trapped me in the form of a 13 year old hedgehog girl.

I'm not turning off any items, my dear boy. The only item I turn off in Smash is the Cloaking Device in Melee since ever since Nintendo sold Rare, it's not owned by Nintendo anymore.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
At least we god Samus, the badass bounty hunter in a mech suit, flying around with a dainty parasol.

Majestic.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh boy...ranting talk...my favorite.

Two things I want to mention.

1. Smash 4 is my favorite of series.

2. The only reason I haven't played it in a long time is because I'm afraid of Xenoblade spoilers after getting quite a bit of late game trophies from Xenoblade.

So with that said, here is why I personally love it:

Classic - I used to agree with everyone that classic mode sucked at 9.0. Then I realize people were referring to 9.0 in of itself and not the challenges you have to do. 9.0 is easy when you can use custom moves and equipment and you don't have to worry about losing one life. With that said, I usually play on 7.5 - 8.5 depending if I want to face Master fortress or not.

Smash run/Smash tour - I love smash run but smash tour is boring.

Stages - Despite the fact we didn't get a lot of new stages, the ones we did get are the best in the series. And omega stages are fantastic allowing me to play on any great looking stage with my friends without them getting mad. I love things like wuhu island (Which the competitive community refuses to be legal despite the fact there is nothing wrong with it), reset bomb forest, Duck hunt, Mario Circut (8), Super Mario Galaxy, Kalos Pokemon League, Town & City etc.

The returning old stages are fun as well. Luigi's mansion, smashville, Kongo Jungle 64,

Characters - Rosalina, Shulk, Robin, Villager, Bower Jr...I don't see why I would hate this.

Lack of an adventure mode - Going to go ahead an say Melee's adventure mode wasn't that good. The "adventure" was "sometimes" going to an area based on a series. Most of which aren't fun. F zero's is annoying, Hyrule is too big. Metroid and Mario was kinda decent? The only good thing about it was Giga Bowser.

Subspace was more fun than it...though thats not saying much.

Collectables - I loooooooooooovvvvvvee collecting trophies. Seeing a new one always brings a smile to my face.

Gameplay - Say what you want about it, I love how this game plays. Could shields and rolls be less powerful? Maybe, but I can still have fun with this game. Especially when playing with friends. I didn't like melee's faster pace and Brawl was too slow.

I also don't get the hate for for glory. Is this some recent thing? Because when I was playing online about a month ago, I didn't have any major problems.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Oh boy...ranting talk...my favorite.

Two things I want to mention.

1. Smash 4 is my favorite of series.

2. The only reason I haven't played it in a long time is because I'm afraid of Xenoblade spoilers after getting quite a bit of late game trophies from Xenoblade.

So with that said, here is why I personally love it:

Classic - I used to agree with everyone that classic mode sucked at 9.0. Then I realize people were referring to 9.0 in of itself and not the challenges you have to do. 9.0 is easy when you can use custom moves and equipment and you don't have to worry about losing one life. With that said, I usually play on 7.5 - 8.5 depending if I want to face Master fortress or not.

Smash run/Smash tour - I love smash run but smash tour is boring.

Stages - Despite the fact we didn't get a lot of new stages, the ones we did get are the best in the series. And omega stages are fantastic allowing me to play on any great looking stage with my friends without them getting mad. I love things like wuhu island (Which the competitive community refuses to be legal despite the fact there is nothing wrong with it), reset bomb forest, Duck hunt, Mario Circut (8), Super Mario Galaxy, Kalos Pokemon League, Town & City etc.

The returning old stages are fun as well. Luigi's mansion, smashville, Kongo Jungle 64,

Characters - Rosalina, Shulk, Robin, Villager, Bower Jr...I don't see why I would hate this.

Lack of an adventure mode - Going to go ahead an say Melee's adventure mode wasn't that good. The "adventure" was "sometimes" going to an area based on a series. Most of which aren't fun. F zero's is annoying, Hyrule is too big. Metroid and Mario was kinda decent? The only good thing about it was Giga Bowser.

Subspace was more fun than it...though thats not saying much.

Collectables - I loooooooooooovvvvvvee collecting trophies. Seeing a new one always brings a smile to my face.

Gameplay - Say what you want about it, I love how this game plays. Could shields and rolls be less powerful? Maybe, but I can still have fun with this game. Especially when playing with friends. I didn't like melee's faster pace and Brawl was too slow.

I also don't get the hate for for glory. Is this some recent thing? Because when I was playing online about a month ago, I didn't have any major problems.
The hate for FG come from the New players of smash or noobs that spam roll. I said earlier that the FG community is what keep this game from being the best it can be, but that seems to happen to every game that become so big.

D

Deleted member

Having beat Xenoblade, the biggest plot twists are left unspoiled, but I'd still recommend beating it first. Lucky. You're actually getting those trophies. I haven't gotten anything new in weeks.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Who wants to battle on the Wii U ? I'm up for some matches.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
People started yelling at me because I said I hated Canvas Curse
That could apply for nearly any game you mentioned. It's just people being a little overridiculous. Albeit, as long as you explained why you disliked the game, it's fine. It also depends what they said.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I have no opinion on Canvus Curse since I only played it on the computer, which doesn't have the same feel as a stylus.

Kirby's epic yarn however I do believe is a good relaxing game. With the player being able to make it as difficult as they want it to me.

They can go for a relaxing run through the story. Or they can face the challenge of getting 100%.

D

Deleted member

They can go for a relaxing run through the story. Or they can face the challenge of getting 100%.
I like games like this. I got this feeling from 3D World at times. Just beating the Final Boss wasn't very difficult, but some of those extra levels were quite difficult at times.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That could apply for nearly any game you mentioned. It's just people being a little overridiculous. Albeit, as long as you explained why you disliked the game, it's fine. It also depends what they said.
I do, I say it isn't like normal Kirby games and only has, like what, 8 11 copy abilities in Canvas Curse. And Damn Epic yarn didn't even feel like a Kirby game
Well, there you go.
Ill be honest... I sometimes go on there and say that just to start something because I get bored.... Im so bad XP
I have no opinion on Canvus Curse since I only played it on the computer, which doesn't have the same feel as a stylus.

Kirby's epic yarn however I do believe is a good relaxing game. With the player being able to make it as difficult as they want it to me.

sure it is relaxing but naw, It doesn't feel like a Kirby game. Now Kirbys return to Dreamland on the other hand. maybe KRtDL should of been released rather then Epic Yarn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom