• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Anyone wants to battle ? Please ? I'm bored and want to practice a bit. :drmario:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
sure it is relaxing but naw, It doesn't feel like a Kirby game. Now Kirbys return to Dreamland on the other hand. maybe KRtDL should of been released rather then Epic Yarn
eeeehhh...This basically rules all the amazing Kirby spin off games like Mass Attack and Kirby Air Ride. I don't agree with the logic that an ip has to constantly be like it's source material. But it's whatever.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Epic Yarn was amazing, especially in regards to its music and unique asthetic.

Also, can we change this thread title as soon as possible? I don't want us to have the tyler perry title again, but even that was better than this :p

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I'd rather have another Epic Yarn than Rainbow Curse (which I guess Im getting in the form of Yoshi in some way), that stuff belongs on the 3DS, give me Tripple Deluxe instead.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Epic Yarn was amazing, especially in regards to its music and unique asthetic.

Also, can we change this thread title as soon as possible? I don't want us to have the tyler perry title again, but even that was better than this :p
Your location sent me to "Department of Folklore and Ethnomusicology"
Huh

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm not pretending. It's a very serious problem I and some other people have.

@ Cap'nChreest Cap'nChreest help me out here, please.
HA! Yoku watashi wa watashi o pranked sa hito o dainashi ni sore o okonau. Watashi wa sore o shinai baai wa, watashi ga makeru yōna ki ga. Sono yō na. Karera wa, Sukotto· furī mu hankyō o watashi ni pranking koto de orita. Dakara, sono hotondo watashidake o pranked sa jinbutsu to konran suru. Shikashi, sore wa watashi ga suisoku suru gishiki to natta. E e, watashi wa dono yōna hōhō o itte iru ka o shiru koto ga dekinaku narimasu. Shikashi, mada. Sukunakutomo watashi wa tamesh-ite mimash-ita.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I never play epic yarn so I don't have anything to say about it. I want another Kirby and the crystal shards or at least me the power to mix to copy abilities together to get new ones.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Does anyone have a favorite boss fight in games? One that 's just is so far above any others you've done?

D

Deleted member

Does anyone have a favorite boss fight in games? One that 's just is so far above any others you've done?
It changes all the time. As a child (or a younger child?) I loved the second Bowser battle in Super Mario 64 (the one with the lava) and I loved the Emperor boss fight in LEGO Star Wars II. I also really enjoyed the Marx Soul battle from Kirby Super Star Ultra, because I had no idea what would come after Galacta Knight in the True Arena (this was before the internet) and seeing Marx as the Final Boss again was quite surprising. Looking back, I think most of the reason why I liked the Marx Soul fight was because it was significantly easier than Galacta Knight, and after beating it, I could finally see I had 100% a game. (A Kirby game, but still better than nothing.)

I wouldn't say I have a favorite now, but looking back these were some battles I really enjoyed.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Sturm in Advance Wars. That feeling when you finally make him retreat after getting your ass handed by his meteors is just too amazing every time.
Or Cackletta.
Or Dedede in the first Kirby because of nostalgia.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
It changes all the time. As a child (or a younger child?) I loved the second Bowser battle in Super Mario 64 (the one with the lava) and I loved the Emperor boss fight in LEGO Star Wars II. I also really enjoyed the Marx Soul battle from Kirby Super Star Ultra, because I had no idea what would come after Galacta Knight in the True Arena (this was before the internet) and seeing Marx as the Final Boss again was quite surprising. Looking back, I think the reason why I liked the Marx Soul fight was because it was significantly easier than Galacta Knight, and after beating it, I could finally see I had 100% a game. (A Kirby game, but still better than nothing.)

I wouldn't say I have a favorite now, but looking back these were some battles I really enjoyed.
The Emperor was my fav back in the day! :D Almost forgot all about it.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
My favorite boss fight has to be Magus from Chrono Trigger (no duh, right?)

Right up to and during the boss fight you think he's the final boss, and that you're going to stop him from destroying the world.
During the boss fight you use the legendary sword Masamune to lower his defense. He also puts up these barriers that defend him from all but one kind of magic.

When you beat him, a rift opens up in time, and you're sent to somewhere you've never been before.

And the best part is, after fighting Magus and seeing how strong he is, he joins your party, and you get to use his power.

The music is also bad***, and Magus himself just oozes coolness.

You guys have to watch this at least until 1:30 to hear the epic music. :p

Anyway, sorry, had to gush about Magus again. Social interaction may resume.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My favorite boss battle is against Ballos in Cave Story. Another favorite is against The Death Egg Robot in Sonic 2. Both have awesome battle themes and challenge.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Basically the problem with that game is expectations not being met.

Contrary to popular belief, having on foot segments is not the problem in itself.
That doesn't make it a bad game. It seems the games I like get hated on just because it's not like the game before it Wind waker, Majora's mask, Brawl, Smash 4, super Mario galaxy etc. I wish these people treat it like game own its own and not compare them to the previous game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That doesn't make it a bad game. It seems the games I like get hated on just because it's not like the game before it Wind waker, Majora's mask, Brawl, Smash 4, super Mario galaxy etc. I wish these people treat it like game own its own and not compare them to the previous game.
I would put Star Fox Assault under underwhelming then flat out bad. As I said before the concept behind it is pretty sound, but the execution felt weak. That game's greatest strength is the multiplayer, like imagine the multiplayer from Star Fox 64 but more fleshed out complete with characters having their own strengths and weaknesses. Single player however held it back due to the campaign being boring.

I think it would not hurt at all to try again and fix the issues. In fact with Star Fox U I really hope that they don't just rehash Star Fox 64 for the sake of nostalgia.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Don't remind me. ;_;
He may be tough, but damn if he isn't the pure definition of a hero gone dark. And I like those types of villains. And when you season that type of Character to have an awesome boss fight, you got my respect. One thing Shovel Knight did too, but not nearly as good as CS.

For those who don't know what I mean, check the spoiler below. But beware, as it contains spoilers from Cave Story:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
@ Luggy Luggy A little late, but sure, I have time. I'll send you a Friend Request. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom