• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got a britta water filter attachment for a sink

But the only sink it fits on is in the bathroom

so now when I want filtered water I have to go to the bathroom

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Indeed, could have seen how villager interacted with others which would have killed off the killager thing entirely! And Mario meeting Dr.Mario! And the Greninja and Lucario team up!
I think the clones would have been like Jiggs, Wolf and Toon Link in Brawl: added at the end.
Sadly.

But yeah, if Subspace had just been a little more fun and actually used locations and enemies from existing games like it should have, it would have been really good, especially in Smash 4.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I think the clones would have been like Jiggs, Wolf and Toon Link in Brawl: added at the end.
Sadly.

But yeah, if Subspace had just been a little more fun and actually used locations and enemies from existing games like it should have, it would have been really good, especially in Smash 4.
If only the Mash Potato Samurai had a far different opinion of cutscenes being put on youtube. We could have had a story mode!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I just learned something from "Steampunk"

Apparently the kids these days say "Thirsty" which means "Horny"

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So the weather decided to snow in the North East of England today. And we actually have LAYERS this time.

Too bad it isn't Christmas no more...

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Am I the only dude in the world to actually found good players on FG ? Cauz' I keep facing dudes playing :4fox: or :4diddy: who does a butt ton of perfect pivots and read my moves a lot. They also do combos that relies more on the confusion of the opponent than anything else. It's weird to find good players on FG.

Anyway, what's new ?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Am I the only dude in the world to actually found good players on FG ? Cauz' I keep facing dudes playing :4fox: or :4diddy: who does a butt ton of perfect pivots and read my moves a lot. They also do combos that relies more on the confusion of the opponent than anything else. It's weird to find good players on FG.

Anyway, what's new ?
I remember on the 3ds version I found this JP Palutena that demolished me the majority of matches. I remember we even did a taunt prior to the match because Palutena dittos. <3 We played for a good 30 mins til I had to go, but that was months ago when I was still slightly noobish. We could use more good Palutena (and regular Pit) players around.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So I signed up to Smash 4 Worldwide by creating a Challonge account. Am I right in saying that the tournament begins in 7 hours? I'm not good at time conversions.

So wut now?

How does this even work? Do you Friend a certain Nintendo Network account or something? Apparently, 3 hours before the tournament begins, you click on something on Challonge to register? I'm confused. :c

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
So my friend kept insisting I go to For Glory for the heck of it, and I finally caved in.

I got a cold hard dose of reality on why I quit FG a long time ago.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I actually really enjoyed Subspace and still do, but I respect your opinion.

It's weird since Brawl is one of my least favorite Smash games (due to the game's mechanics).

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
To be honest, my enjoyment of Smash 4 has been deteriorating quite fast recently. It's just way too easy to shield all the time and never approach, and it's very not fun to fight against someone who does that (which is pretty much all the time). That and a lot of characters have been heavily dumbed down.
(Not to mention lack of shield stun)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My favorite is Brawl, even after playing Smash 4...it feels complete to me, which is a lot more than I can say for Smash 4.
If Smash Run and Smash Tour were both on Wii U I might think differently.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The reason why I love Melee so much is because I had an actual main in that game (try and guess who that was :rolleyes:).
I love brawl, but I couldn't get used to a character that was fun and suited the way I liked to play, besides MK.

Smash 4 is sort of a different story, I use Little Mac, but I feel like I need to play another character besides him, and the only character that is fun and willing to try is Doc, OW The Edge and Sheik. Even then, I'm only decent with Ow The Edge :ohwell:

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
It's just extremely demoralizing trying to play Smash 4 and actually improve, when all my opponent has to do is roll, shield, dash attack, and grab. And it unfortunately works due to the game's mechanics, and the unfortunate lack of actual techniques.
I guess Sakurai got what he wanted all along, a watered-down party fighter.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I Love target blast more than break the Target.
It's just extremely demoralizing trying to play Smash 4 and actually improve, when all my opponent has to do is roll, shield, dash attack, and grab. And it unfortunately works due to the game's mechanics, and the unfortunate lack of actual techniques.
I wish the hit stun was better that the only problem I have with smash 4. The online community is making smash bad, it's a lot more fun playing with people you know or people that play fair.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I Love target blast more than break the Target.

I wish the hit stun was better that the only problem I have with smash 4. The online community is making smash bad, it's a lot more fun playing with people you know or people that play fair.
Yeah, there's very little hit-stun and virtually no shield-stun. Too bad those encourage shield-grab spam and just shield spam in general. And ye, playing with people irl is 10,000x better than online.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Yeah, there's very little hit-stun and virtually no shield-stun. Too bad those encourage shield-grab spam and just shield spam in general. And ye, playing with people irl is 10,000x better than online.
Honestly, if we were given more hit AND shield stun, I would be happy.

Shield out of Shield is stoopid.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Smash 4 is good on it's own, but I still prefer Melee overall. Melee was my first real Smash game, even though I discovered the series with Brawl.
In competitive terms and stuff, I feel that the combos of Smash 4 are either too reptitive or are just not combos. All the real combos comes either from Throws (mainly Dthrow) or Dash attacks, and are then followed up by Uairs or UTilt. It's boring, especially with characters like :4fox: or :4mario:, heck even :4falcon:.

Smash 4 is good, but I have to say : Melee will always be better for me, both competitively and casually.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Did you have a different username before? I feel like you did and I would know it.
I agree by the way. Smash 4 doesn't feel that good to play in my opinion.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Smash 4 is good on it's own, but I still prefer Melee overall. Melee was my first real Smash game, even though I discovered the series with Brawl.
In competitive terms and stuff, I feel that the combos of Smash 4 are either too reptitive or are just not combos. All the real combos comes either from Throws (mainly Dthrow) or Dash attacks, and are then followed up by Uairs or UTilt. It's boring, especially with characters like :4fox: or :4mario:, heck even :4falcon:.

Smash 4 is good, but I have to say : Melee will always be better for me, both competitively and casually.
God I can't emphasize this enough. There is mostly zero variety and all you ever see is people always re-using the same exact attacks and set-ups, usually mostly learned from online from those "lolol l33t combo just d-throw u-tilt x200 win errytime"

Not fun to fight against and not fun to watch.
I definitely have fun when I play Smash 4 with friends who are in the same room with me, but that's about it for now.

Did you have a different username before? I feel like you did and I would know it.
I agree by the way. Smash 4 doesn't feel that good to play in my opinion.
I don't think I did. Maybe throw out what you're thinking, in case it's from a different site?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Compared to Brawl, I think Smash 4 improved in gameplay, but there are some underwhelming factors as well, which is why I think DLC could help in solving some issues.

I don't particularly miss Subspace Emissary, though I'd like it better if Smash Run had more arenas to choose from.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
God I can't emphasize this enough. There is mostly zero variety and all you ever see is people always re-using the same exact attacks and set-ups, usually mostly learned from online from those "lolol l33t combo just d-throw u-tilt x200 win errytime"

Not fun to fight against and not fun to watch.
I definitely have fun when I play Smash 4 with friends who are in the same room with me, but that's about it for now.

I don't think I did. Maybe throw out what you're thinking, in case it's from a different site?
I swear, I hope this is Sakurai's last Smash game. I love all the games he has done I REALLY do (Kid Icarus: Uprising) but Sakurai has ALMOST reached his breaking point with Smash 4.
I just sincerely hope the director for Smash 5 will AT LEAST give us hella more hit and Shield stun. I don't want to see the same DThrow > UpTilt or DThrow > UAir for every damn combo ever -____-

Like I said before, Shield out of shield is stoopid :p

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I know that feeling, especially when tier sellouts or characters that accel on FD/Omegas roam FG.
That's the one thing I actually liked about Brawl was the skill gap that allowed those with greater skill to win easier than those that rely on rolling too much, and I'm not bringing tiers to that aspect because we know how lame that one is. I may be saying my words wrong, but my point is that Brawl, top tier routines aside, make it harder for roll spammers and such to get away with things. Part of this included the fact that Smash 4 provided various guaranteed followups in which some are just so stupidly easy to do but are just so effective... (insert Diddy and Mario combos here), not to mention the rage effect.
And seriously, why do more than half of the characters' D-throws have to have guaranteed followups and combos? So much for variety.

Sigh, but what can you do? I do sometimes miss Brawl because I wouldn't lose to noobish roll spammers so often. Then again, Palutena does have her difficulties with them too, but still... rolling is still so annoying in the game. It reminds me that in one FG match I actually had to resort to it just to beat a Diddy on FG. Only reasons why I don't feel sorry for that guy was because he put a "USUCK" tag after I won, and the other... tiers...

But that's enough of my rant. I'm just bored on this morning.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I think custom moves was the biggest innovation in smash 4.
I agree I wish you can use them in every mode. Smash 4 needs a patch to fix the roll and shield stun and hit stun problem that will make the game from good to amazing in my book.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I swear, I hope this is Sakurai's last Smash game. I love all the games he has done I REALLY do (Kid Icarus: Uprising).
And I sincerely hope the director for Smash 5 will AT LEAST give us hella more hit and Shield stun. I don't want to see the same DThrow > UpTilt or DThrow > UAir for every damn combo ever -____-

Like I said before, Shield out of shield is stoopid :p
I mean, I respect Sakurai but I absolutely dislike his hatred towards the competitive community. God forbid Melee has lasted 14-ish years now and has a giant player-base which is still growing. Might as well take most things away from Smash that made it so amazing just to spite the competitive scene.
I'll never understand why Sakurai wanted to directly spite them so much. He said so himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom