• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

OH.
MY.
GOD.

PEOPLE ARE MAKING A VIDEO GAME BASED OFF MY FAVOURATE BOOK SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!

This hype trumps anything else for the rest of the month.
You love Redwall, too?! Never would of guessed other people here would've read them. My personal favorite is Marlfox, yours?

@ Luggy Luggy Ready when you are.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Rule #1 of humanity: "some ****face actually believes it. No exceptions."

A Modest Proposal nearly backfired horrendously as well. People actually were considering following it, remember.
The literal DEFINITION of satire is exaggerating other people's ACTUAL MORONIC/ABSURD BELIEFS for the purpose of humor or criticism.
By saying that someone actual believes it just SUPPORTS my point that satire exists.
Here, I'll even copy paste the definition:
Satire = The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Anyways...

What are the rest of you up to right now?
What did I miss?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Looking at Cobalsh's . . .Vegeta?. . . sig reminded me of something.

Anyone else think it's completely ridiculous that 90% of sentient alien life in the media is humanoid?
I know in cases like Star Trek it's for the sake of convenience and allegory, but most other places it just seems like people can't grasp the idea of sentient life not looking human. Heck, I draw anthropomorphic lizard people for fun and it's still kind of a stretch.

It's the whole reason why Norwegian aliens will always strike me as horribly fake.

Oh, nice. I started typing this on the computer and it stayed in the post area on my PS3.

This board is much easier to load on my PS3 in the morning and afternoon. And by easier to load I mean I can actually post, switch pages, and not have to reboot my PS3 every other time I try to view the site.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You love Redwall, too?! Never would of guessed other people here would've read them. My personal favorite is Marlfox, yours?

Room is up.
3 stocks, 8 minutes, custom moves allowed and legal stages. Is it okay for you ?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Good, I just got the funeral info so I have to see if I can even go because of class. But I am felling alright today, thanks for asking~

Maybe he doesn't see him fitting since, you know, Geno isnt NINTENDOS ip, its Squares and lord knows if they even want to be associated with Smash
And even worse, he's not even owned by Nintendo.
He is not owned by square enix any more he is now owned by alphadream (maybe nintendo) and they are planning to bring him back
source: http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/where-mario-luigi-dream-team-and-super-mario-rpg-collide IGN interviewed a couple of Alphadream execs who helped make Mario & Luigi: Dream Team who elaborated on the proper way to go about giving Geno and Mallow minor roles in future RPG games.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Anyone else think it's completely ridiculous that 90% of sentient alien life in the media is humanoid?
I know in cases like Star Trek it's for the sake of convenience and allegory, but most other places it just seems like people can't grasp the idea of sentient life not looking human. Heck, I draw anthropomorphic lizard people for fun and it's still kind of a stretch.

It's the whole reason why Norwegian aliens will always strike me as horribly fake.
Yeah, I find it unimaginative too.

Problem is, it's rather hard to imagine a more perfect body type for use of tools and machines, and second, humanoid aliens are easier to animate/act and relate to. Most designer don't/can't spend the time thinking up completely novel alien body types which would also have to appear civilised.

Almost all aliens in media can be reduced to be based on some earthly creature or another.

:231:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
3 stock > 2 stock. Screw the FG ruleset.
anyways anything new
The amount of tired that I am feeling today is more tired than I have ever tireded before in my life.
I have reached a new level of tired, breaching the boundary known as tired and ascending to my Super Tired form.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Good god, I suck at politic-related stuff.
It is probably my 2nd least-favorite school topic.
#1 being alternate languages like French.

I just wanna go home and get Mario Kart 8, damnit.

D

Deleted member

Good god, I suck at politic-related stuff.
It is probably my 2nd least-favorite school topic.
#1 being alternate languages like French.

I just wanna go home and get Mario Kart 8, damnit.
Just you wait... once you get MK8, prepare for the Linkfest, if there's any, of course.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
He is not owned by square enix any more he is now owned by alphadream (maybe nintendo) and they are planning to bring him back
source: http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/where-mario-luigi-dream-team-and-super-mario-rpg-collide IGN interviewed a couple of Alphadream execs who helped make Mario & Luigi: Dream Team who elaborated on the proper way to go about giving Geno and Mallow minor roles in future RPG games.
Now all we need is somehow the chance to get Geno in a Mario & Luigi game that's releasing near/around Smash 5 (I treat Smash U and 3DS as a single "Smash 4" unit)'s Release so we can get the promotion character. :troll:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

I like Taggerung. I remember Marlfox being good too, though.

Fun fact: Redwall is the reason Otters are my favourate animal :3

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
For some reason, I can't stop listening to this. Help me.

D

Deleted member

Now all we need is somehow the chance to get Geno in a Mario & Luigi game that's releasing near/around Smash 5 (I treat Smash U and 3DS as a single "Smash 4" unit)'s Release so we can get the promotion character. :troll:
I don't think Geno is significant enough to be added into the roster, but that's just me. Square still owns him. :troll:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just you wait... once you get MK8, prepare for the Linkfest, if there's any, of course.
I'm probably gonna rock Tanooki Mario, Lemmy & Dry Bowser once I get the corresponding DLC, w/ Tanooki being my main man.
Because when you have stats specifically for you (Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are the only characters in their own weight class, w/ Cat Peach being the lightest of all the Mediums and Tanooki Mario being inbetween Mario/Luigi/Mii and Peach/Yoshi/Daisy in terms of stats) it's a special snowflake.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Looking at Cobalsh's . . .Vegeta?. . . sig reminded me of something.

"But if we don't, how can we give the audience fanservice?" Says the marketers.

Soul.

Nah man, it's Bowser / Morton / Wario. :troll:
The amount of tired that I am feeling today is more tired than I have ever tireded before in my life.
I have reached a new level of tired, breaching the boundary known as tired and ascending to my Super Tired form.
Did you get the 7 Tiresome Emeralds?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Whenever I mention that I like FemTwo more than old movie Mewtwo, there are always very harsh reactions.

It's both sad and funny.

FemTwo for Smash, new main all the way.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
For some reason, I can't stop listening to this. Help me.
Oh! Rhythm Heaven Music eh?
Yeah, it can be prett-
*Hears Drum beats*
It can't be...
*Hears Remix 8*
*PTSD mode activates*
THE PAIN IS COMING BACK.
:troll:

Strofirko

Smash Master
The best thing this week, is ubisoft brazil getting backslashed on facebook for defending DLC ...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think it would be best if a creature you almost CAN'T relate to at first showed up in a Science Fiction/Fantasy work and was actually benevolent, capable of communicating immediately, and didn't end up getting killed somehow. Like, something really creepy or difficult to identify as alive with full blown blue and orange morality in a non-random sort of way. Make it a main character and not stupidly powerful, too. That would be amazing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Whenever I mention that I like FemTwo more than old movie Mewtwo, there are always very harsh reactions.

It's both sad and funny.

FemTwo for Smash, new main all the way.
There is no such thing as Femtwo, its mewto and will always be just mewtwo. Just because the changed does not mean its female now, it ****ing has no gender
The best thing this week, is ubisoft brazil getting backslashed on facebook for defending DLC ...
Brazil is a weeeeird place

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm probably gonna rock Tanooki Mario, Lemmy & Dry Bowser once I get the corresponding DLC, w/ Tanooki being my main man.
Because when you have stats specifically for you (Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are the only characters in their own weight class, w/ Cat Peach being the lightest of all the Mediums and Tanooki Mario being inbetween Mario/Luigi/Mii and Peach/Yoshi/Daisy in terms of stats) it's a special snowflake.
I only use Shy Guy as that's the character I use in MK7.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Nah man, it's Bowser / Morton / Wario. :troll:

Did you get the 7 Tiresome Emeralds?
Yes, as well as the 7 Tired Stars, The 8 Tired Hearts, the 7 Tired Spirits, and the 7 Tiredballs.
And now I can power up to my ultimate form, SUPER TIRED 3.
And every time you wake me up, I'll just come back MORE TIRED THAN BEFORE.
QUOD NOSTRUM EST, IN FUTURUM DEFINIRE.
:troll:Courtesy of Google Translate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom