• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah, sorry about that. I used Bing images, so I guess that made it too small. :urg:
I always mess things up the first couple of times. :urg:
:cry::4darkpit::cry:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Here, is this better? Got a thing directly off of Katie's website this time.

. . .Yeeeeeeeesssss!! :4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
@ Luggy Luggy

I'm updating, so give me a few minutes. But on the subject of hosting:
If you want more serious games, you can host. If you want a time of hilarity and the occasional serious match, go with me. Also, I only play Smash very occasionally now, so I'll probably be garbage.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
@ Luggy Luggy

I'm updating, so give me a few minutes. But on the subject of hosting:
If you want more serious games, you can host. If you want a time of hilarity and the occasional serious match, go with me. Also, I only play Smash very occasionally now, so I'll probably be garbage.
Well, we'll have to do them later. Gotta go eat first.
But I'll host when I'm back. I'll put custom moves on if that doesn't bother you.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've also entertained the idea of Beast Ganon being in Smash. Although I feel his inclusion would just support the idea that only versions of Link, Zelda and Ganon will ever be playable.
It'd be better if they removed Ganondorf and Sheik and put Beast Ganon in and someone else *cough* Vaati *cough*

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Drew another avatar in equally record time as the first.

Not sure if it's silly enough. :4megaman:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Huehueheue, I'm slightly happier to be a Nintendo fan in the UK for once. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Xenoblade 3DS theme and Xenoblade New 3DS face plates for £50 on the Nintendo UK Store. I might just pre-order it :)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Would you read a wall of text that began with something to the effect of, "we shouldn't allow schools to add books published after 2001 to the library, that's too much for kids to learn"?

No. Because it's incredibly stupid.

Satire does not exist. Even if the OP didn't mean it, there is a large drove of supporters who genuinely believe it, for that is the nature of the human race.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/satire?s=t
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
2. a literary composition, in verse or prose,in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
It clearly exists. Merely because some people hold such an opinion proves the point that they are in error by holding said view, which satire is meant to point out in a roughly impolite way.
The whole point of it is to laugh; to take one step back for a moment, and stop being angry at people who genuinely hold these ridiculous opinions for one moment to laugh at their ideas instead of rage.
I'd say it's far healthier to laugh than it is to be mad.
Granted, of course, satire often goes too far (due to its derisory nature) and encourages laughing AT the people rather than at the idea they hold to be true.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried applying some math logic i use for precal to simpler problems...

I got 1/2 + 1/2 = 2

Because they both have the same denominator you can times them both by 2 to get 1 + 1, and that equels 2

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

OH.
MY.
GOD.

PEOPLE ARE MAKING A VIDEO GAME BASED OFF MY FAVOURATE BOOK SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!

This hype trumps anything else for the rest of the month.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Because Im not good at math and the math class Im in I have no confidence in x.x
I recommend finding someone who has a passion for mathematics in your school or university to give you some lessons outside of your traditional class. Usually, these people are the one's who will try find different ways to make you understand the concept. They would also try to identify if there are any knowledge gaps that you might have and help you understand them so you can carry on with the current material you have.

In my University I was part of the Society of Physics Students. We had a program to give math/physics lessons to people who wanted our help. And of course this was at no cost to anyone since it was a volunteer program. While I could have done a lot of things to improve the program, everyone who participated in the program ended up saying that they understood the math concepts way better than what they did in class, and improved their grades! I believe this has to do with the individualized attention we could give to students.

Anyways, try and see if there is a Society of Mathematics Students or a Society of Physics Students in your university. If there is, they might have a similar program and should be able to help out. If they don't, you could suggest it to them! The reason I mention this is because a lot of people don't know the resources that might be available in their institutions for them to improve in various aspects of education. It's a problem we faced, and I'm sure other universities have the problem as well.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I recommend finding someone who has a passion for mathematics in your school or university to give you some lessons outside of your traditional class. Usually, these people are the one's who will try find different ways to make you understand the concept. They would also try to identify if there are any knowledge gaps that you might have and help you understand them so you can carry on with the current material you have.

In my University I was part of the Society of Physics Students. We had a program to give math/physics lessons to people who wanted our help. And of course this was at no cost to anyone since it was a volunteer program. While I could have done a lot of things to improve the program, everyone who participated in the program ended up saying that they understood the math concepts way better than what they did in class, and improved their grades! I believe this has to do with the individualized attention we could give to students.

Anyways, try and see if there is a Society of Mathematics Students or a Society of Physics Students in your university. If there is, they might have a similar program and should be able to help out. If they don't, you could suggest it to them! The reason I mention this is because a lot of people don't know the resources that might be available in their institutions for them to improve in various aspects of education. It's a problem we faced, and I'm sure other universities have the problem as well.
I plan on going to my math touter lab on friday if the college is open. I go there everytime i get out of math class. Math is a tricky, tricky subject

PSA: TPP Stream has crashed
1442.png

Perfect~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom