• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social and intro thread! WEREKILL'S BACK

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If there's one thing I want to do with magic, it's to fly.
And then all my childhood fantasies will be fulfilled.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I met a witch yesterday, like she actually casts spells apparently. ._.
Huh... I'd be interested in the nature of said spells. Some people believe they can manipulate energy similar to a "spell" in a way, that kind or something more like voodoo?

If there's one thing I want to do with magic, it's to fly.
And then all my childhood fantasies will be fulfilled.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
@ mimgrim mimgrim
...Well, think about it.
Think about the threads you lurk. Then consider the premium members that also lurk said thread.
It may not be much, but it could at least narrow down the list.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Of the supposed three, who would you think could've done it?

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Huh... I'd be interested in the nature of said spells. Some people believe they can manipulate energy similar to a "spell" in a way, that kind or something more like voodoo?

It's called Wicca. She practices the dark side of it,

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
There you go. She's likely trying to be different and rebellious, although she likely sees it as a legitimate belief. Don't worry too much about and be friends with her, though. It may end up as a phase or it may become a legit belief, but she may be cool anyway.
My wife is a legitimate Wiccan. Most of the time people who aren't as serious or doing it for those reasons are called "Fluff Bunnies". There's a chance t may turn to a good thing though, Wicca has some good morality behind it. "If ye harm none do what thou wilt" isn't a bad motto if followed.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
My wife is a legitimate Wiccan. Most of the time people who aren't as serious or doing it for those reasons are called "Fluff Bunnies". There's a chance t may turn to a good thing though, Wicca has some good morality behind it. "If ye harm none do what thou wilt" isn't a bad motto if followed.
Exactly. Usually it's a phase at that age, but it can turn to legitimate belief.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A religion made up in the 20th century as an amalgamation of random elements of various (unconnected) pegan religions

seems legit

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Surprisingly, my mother actually practices the stuff, although I'm pretty sure it's the lighter side of it.

Never works, I wonder why, maybe she isn't magic enough.
Yea... my friend is on the dark side andddd she's scaring the F*ck out of me.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Yea... my friend is on the dark side andddd she's scaring the F*ck out of me.
I got a feeling this might be the "fluff bunny" kind of thing in that case. Honestly if you are worried about your friend, try to get them to read some of the Wicca books written by Scott Cunningham. That will at least show her what Wicca is actually meant to be, and he's the best author according to my wife especially in keeping away fro the creepy stuff.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I got a feeling this might be the "fluff bunny" kind of thing in that case. Honestly if you are worried about your friend, try to get them to read some of the Wicca books written by Scott Cunningham. That will at least show her what Wicca is actually meant to be, and he's the best author according to my wife especially in keeping away fro the creepy stuff.
Well, she was an atheist before this. She worships the goddess Hecate, claims to be able to cast spells, claims to be the leader of a group of succubi, and she has a pentacle necklace and a book of shadows.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well, she was an atheist before this. She worships the goddess Hecate, claims to be able to cast spells, claims to be the leader of a group of succubi, and she has a pentacle necklace and a book of shadows.
Oh yeah... Fluff Bunny...

She's not a "real" Wiccan then by any means. For one, Hecate was a goddess worshiped to keep out evil spirits by ancient Greeks so it would make zero sense for that to be associated with succubi. She's more associated with birth and the moon then anything being odd since she is a virgin goddess. Other then that some beliefs showed she was supposed to be connected to plant lore like making medicine.

The reason she is a patron goddess to many Wiccans is because many depictions of her shown her in three forms which is representative of the Maiden, Mother, and Crone, the three aspect goddess you tend to see in Wicca.

The pentacle isn't actually associated with evil like she seems to think either. The inverted version is associated with Satan, a god no true Wiccan actually believes in, and if she has that around her neck you can let her know that. A normal pentacle has held meanings for Christians, Pythagoreans, and many other religions. It represents in Wicca the five elements, Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Spirit. The funny thing is pentagrams protect from evil is most religious aspects, so having one and "controlling succubi" makes ZERO sense. The thing is even used on the flags for two countries!

A Book of Shadows was actually something made up by Gerald Gardener who was the started of one of the most popular tradition of Wicca practiced today. The whole thing is entirely made up, and his inspiration may have come from many things. The only way it could possibly be connected historically is it came from how Pagans during the era of Witch Hunting would have to keep a secret book to hide their mixtures for herbal remedies or else be considered by others to be a witch and thus be burned.

A Book of Shadows is either only used to keep things like herbal mixes, ceremonial instructions, and most importantly as more of a journal to help you document your experiences in life and try to learn from them.

No matter what, your friend here isn't a Wiccan. "An ye harm done do what thou wilt." Is one of the ONLY things agreed upon by all Wiccans. By doing anything that can bring harm to herself or others on purpose she is invoking the three fold law, any energy sent out into the world whether positive or negative will come back to her threefold. If she really is doing these things, best to let her know by her own beliefs she will suffer serious karmatic consequences.

Or you can just show her the post above and let her know that she's lying and everything she's talking about is complete hogwash, your choice. Either way there is nothing to worry about, I wont tell you how to believe in any way, but if those deities she worships are real she's doing it all wrong and none of that is actually happening.

(P.S. If my large amount of knowledge on religion was a bit overwhelming, I've studied all major forms of religion for many many years, I didn't just go on Wikipedia or something :p )

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Oh yeah... Fluff Bunny...

She's not a "real" Wiccan then by any means. For one, Hecate was a goddess worshiped to keep out evil spirits by ancient Greeks so it would make zero sense for that to be associated with succubi. She's more associated with birth and the moon then anything being odd since she is a virgin goddess. Other then that some beliefs showed she was supposed to be connected to plant lore like making medicine.

The reason she is a patron goddess to many Wiccans is because many depictions of her shown her in three forms which is representative of the Maiden, Mother, and Crone, the three aspect goddess you tend to see in Wicca.

The pentacle isn't actually associated with evil like she seems to think either. The inverted version is associated with Satan, a god no true Wiccan actually believes in, and if she has that around her neck you can let her know that. A normal pentacle has held meanings for Christians, Pythagoreans, and many other religions. It represents in Wicca the five elements, Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Spirit. The funny thing is pentagrams protect from evil is most religious aspects, so having one and "controlling succubi" makes ZERO sense. The thing is even used on the flags for two countries!

A Book of Shadows was actually something made up by Gerald Gardener who was the started of one of the most popular tradition of Wicca practiced today. The whole thing is entirely made up, and his inspiration may have come from many things. The only way it could possibly be connected historically is it came from how Pagans during the era of Witch Hunting would have to keep a secret book to hide their mixtures for herbal remedies or else be considered by others to be a witch and thus be burned.

A Book of Shadows is either only used to keep things like herbal mixes, ceremonial instructions, and most importantly as more of a journal to help you document your experiences in life and try to learn from them.

No matter what, your friend here isn't a Wiccan. "An ye harm done do what thou wilt." Is one of the ONLY things agreed upon by all Wiccans. By doing anything that can bring harm to herself or others on purpose she is invoking the three fold law, any energy sent out into the world whether positive or negative will come back to her threefold. If she really is doing these things, best to let her know by her own beliefs she will suffer serious karmatic consequences.

Or you can just show her the post above and let her know that she's lying and everything she's talking about is complete hogwash, your choice. Either way there is nothing to worry about, I wont tell you how to believe in any way, but if those deities she worships are real she's doing it all wrong and none of that is actually happening.

(P.S. If my large amount of knowledge on religion was a bit overwhelming, I've studied all major forms of religion for many many years, I didn't just go on Wikipedia or something :p )
Well, when I asked her about her faith, she said she was a "witch" and practiced "witchcraft" and that she was a "pagan".

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well, when I asked her about her faith, she said she was a "witch" and practiced "witchcraft" and that she was a "pagan".
I still would hold very little worry. The fact of the matter is the goddess she claims to worship is being worshiped incorrectly, and if said goddess is real she would be protecting people from the aspects of the underworld, not bringing as bunch of succubi around. She's probably just doing this as an attention grabbing phase, unfortunately many practitioners of pagan beliefs do this in their teenage years. If you are truly concerned, at least trying to get her in a better direction would be smart as pagan religions can be very peaceful and do a great deal of good in someone's life if practiced correctly and for the right reasons.

...Welp, I'm lost.
GOOD!

But seriously it's understandable, there's a lot of complexities in world religions... If you have an easier subject I'll take it!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
There are actually succubi cults?

Well, that is certainly....... Interesting. I can only imagine what would go on in such a cult that is made after succubi lol.

Or just get her to watch Charmed. xD

Top Bottom