• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It's not about how high you placed but rather who he beat, who he lost to, and how many times he's done it.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Luigi and Aznchef come to mind, but what do I know.

6th Sense ain't **** though, as we know by now after seeing him in three tournies since he talked ****.

dr.d

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing most people don't like 6th sense since he came on smashboards and started talking ****. I heard he almost took out Alex at the devry tourny I haven't been able to go to tournys due to science midterms, there's a reason they call science majors crazy ^_^. i'm wondering is how long will it be for 6th sense to make the top 20 list if he can at the rate he's going and i agree with jake that luigi should be in the top 20 list.

Aesis

Smash Ace
No offense to him but I can't see him beating any of the current players on the Top 20...
As I've heard from CAO it'll be hard to move up the list for anyone because such progression requires consistent results, so....
but yeah, lemme know if I'm wrong if Luigi's beaten ppl on the list otherwise there shouldn't be any new ppl until some major upset tourneys no?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
What Aesis said. Basically, if you aren't on the list, you're gonna have to start beating people who are. Placing high isn't enough.

stuntcuum3571

Smash Ace
6th sense got 4 stocked by blitz. Not that I am the most knowledgeable ***** around, but gary, given tourney attendance, is about the only person I cna think of to be on the list

araknophobik

Smash Master
hmm luigi should not be on the list
but he should be mentioned next to those who barely missed it like what is fear azn chefi and azn_lep because they dont make many tourny's but are known for their skill, so i guess luigi should get mentioned because the tourny's he's attended lately he has ranked decent not just nexus

plus he beat inks, comeon hugo ;) if someone in your crew is beat, doesn't that mean they're good? ;)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I gave the first post a spit and shine. The rankings haven't changed though, not until after NCT2 anyway. :)

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
lol fabian just when i thought u couldnt be any ****ing gayer u prove me wrong again gg and luigi is too good 7th at nexus thats pretty nice

araknophobik

Smash Master
time for some shoutouts at 3 in the morning yes!!~!~!~!~!

evan thanks for the money

mike y is too good lol

peach is gay

5th in teams wit david

alex is gay

luigi shines

brians gannon is big

weres fabian?

and LOL @ panda and mike y the stories are too good lol (KENNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!)

thats about it lol the tournament was good stuff cool seein everyone
naw that shout out is gay *****

you and ryan need to get off luigi's nuts on the real

and get off my nuts and dont wear my shoes lol

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
wow did u just quote my shoutouts from the other thread lol how ****ing gay ***** yea man i was really on his nutz by my post nice lol i think u need to get off my nutz

jake the boy

Smash Ace
Lol Fabian, I only said one thing.

But this spam is what closed the thread before, so you should stop.

Luigi has consistently placed top 10 in every tourney since Pandatration, but brackets are not available for every tourney he has been to, just the Nexus tourney.

So I guess we will have to wait until Double Pandatration to really display more evidence.

But then again, theres the UC crew battles coming up....

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, the UC Crew battles will be very useful - lots of ranked players that ar going to be pitted against each other. Tasty.

araknophobik

Smash Master
hmm i say you guys follow the other list XD
it was funny, i guess i do suck hmm
especially since ive been on the "smash scene" so long but couldn't attend tourny's cuz of work
why has jake the boy and ezynjay been smashing so long...and yet never break top 10 at any tourny?...

jake the boy

Smash Ace
especially since ive been on the "smash scene" so long but couldn't attend tourny's cuz of work
why has jake the boy and ezynjay been smashing so long...and yet never break top 10 at any tourny?...
I've only been playing pro smash since April. And I never said that I was trying to get into the top 20....yet.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace

ooohhhhhhh

fightin words.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Trevyn shouldn't even be there - he lives in Arizona now. So the list is gonna change.

jake the boy

Smash Ace
I think Mike Y should be considered for moving up, he took 4th at the Nexus tourney and he beat Wolf and Manacloud, who are both ranked higher than him.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
im guessing thats because of the norcal tourney?

of course the obvious people that should be moved up are champ and mike y, but nexus is only one tourney. im sure however that the next tournament they enter will probably produce the same results of ranking high/ beating people that are above them on the list.

so dont worry guysss im sure the panel knows what they are doing :]. cant wait to see who moves up by next week.

araknophobik

Smash Master
luigi, i might end up going to nct2 o.O
lol you guys are nubs for that list
atleast you and ryan man up to it, unlike jay

i vote for ezynjay to be on the top 20 list
no **** talking involved or anything, dead serious
he's traveled to every socal tourny in the past year and only got last place at one tourny: champ combo
and even then he beat ultra
he should be on the list for consistency

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I have a couple questions. What if someone can consistently beat one person in the top 20, but can't beat others? Ex. person A always beats person B, but person A can't beat C and D, who B can consistently beat. How does that affect the rankings? Also, how many tournaments do you have attend or how many times do you have to beat certain people in order to be considered consistent? Oh, and you took out the people who just missed. Just thought it was interesting to know who just missed the cut. Do money matches go into consideration? Do major tourney's hold more weight than a biweekly or is it soley based on the people you beat?

Heh, sorry for all the questions, but im aiming to break this list :laugh:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Okay, I hope I'm speaking on behalf of all the panelists here - if not just speak out :).

The first question. If a person outside the list cannot beat many on the list they simply won't make it. There are several players outside the list who have beaten those inside it, but it's not enough unless they make more gains to be truly convincing.

Second question. As for consistency, the more times a person acheives a good result the more likely it'll boost their ranking. Of course all achievements go rewarded, but the more someone keeps on doing well, the better they will move up. Simple. The panelists make the final decision based on collective knowledge and their own judgement.

Yeah I took the people who missed out, because they aren't in the top 20, lol. Remving it keeps the list and discussion focussed on the top 20.

As for the last question, yes to the both of them.

PandaX

Smash Lord
I think NCT2 should be an influence, but it shouldn't affect the overall decision completely. However, if say someone like champ, ends up taking out mad counts of NorCals power ranking peeps, but say wolf doesn't, I think it should affect champs position and wolf really shouldn't be affected at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom