• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake the boy

Smash Ace
haha i posted..then refreshed..then came 2 new posts haha i swear 6th has this page bookmarked or sumtin :laugh:

edit-and jake and knives
Lmao, I just got back from playing with Knivez and i came on here and this is the first thing I see, so naturally I would post, considering I was the subject of the orignal post.

I dont believe Knivez has posted this many times in a single thread. ZOMG! ITS THE 8 HOURS OF WORK THATS MESSING WITH HIS MIND!

Knivez

Smash Ace
ya thats me, sorry for making assumptions. we all know nobody does that.
i just had so little to work with, a single video and a lot of words.
i dont think i've met a good smasher who talks about himself that way.
their performance speaks for them.

Charoo

Smash Champion
I'm going to go ahead and say that I dont see why Wolf is ranked below edreese.

MLG anaheim Wolf made it out of the hardest pool at the event by getting 1st and not even having to play in the 2nd place tie breaker. He made it into the pro bracket, unlike edreese. He's performed out of state, and well. He's beaten major players in the past, Drephen to name one. Their tournament records are nearly the same but Wolf inches him out on an overall tournament record, and wolf has beaten him more consistently in peach dittos.

I'm not even questioning Edreese's placing, he deserves it in every respect, but Wolf deserves higher.

He's done more than most other players there.

Why can't everyone vote like me?
i voted wolf over edrees *hids*

Please stop this crazy argument before this thread is close.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
Wow a million people telling me that I should go to tournies if I want to prove myself....I KNEW THAT PRIOR TO THE 1ST PERSON THAT TOLD ME I Know videos dont mean anything but I was waiting to see somebody say "YOU SUCK!" And start criticizing me some more but that didnt happen did it?

Knivez

Smash Ace
?? i dont think that made any sense..
but you see the problem is..
i would not love to play you...so now we have a conflict.
hmmm and yea youtube is where you'll find 4 whole videos of me in action.
theres one of me serving chicken in the cafeteria too.

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'll go play you 6th sense XD and tell you where you stand XD I'll try getting on aim when I have time to set something up.

but I doubt you'll take Knivez spot as the best random dude XD I talked him up and he has performed well ^_^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We're currently in the process of making adjustments to the list. It'llall be explained when it's released.

Knivez

Smash Ace
Haha..thanks gus but times are changing. everyone has tech skill nowadays but , like me, most are still lacking experience. at least i lhave learned how to fight sheiks and falcons a bit better haha(thanks to tavo/romeo)
got some other matchups to really work on though..

PandaX

Smash Lord
i'll go play you 6th sense XD and tell you where you stand XD I'll try getting on aim when I have time to set something up.

but I doubt you'll take Knivez spot as the best random dude XD I talked him up and he has performed well ^_^
Tavo you're not leaving me out of this one. Let me know when you're going. Us Mexicanos...we gotsta stick together. Oh 6th, I don't know who you are, but just by my own knowledge, Knives owns you.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Was the "Blitz" that I saw on the list (but he's not there right now) the same "Blitz" I just played in Guilty Gear at a Norcal gathering? He said he know Trevyn, Edrees, Azeem and one more guy I think was named Byron. Brian? I'm bad with names.

Does Mike Y go by any other names?

PandaX

Smash Lord
Just watched your video. Pbody has a better falco than yours. WhatIsFear has a better falco than yours, but videos don't show anything. I have probably over 100 recorded matches of mike Y vs me and we both do really crappy things, but in those videos thare are some gold mines that just shout, "JESUS! THIS GUY IS GOD."

You're from Rancho. Head over to one of the 3 tournaments LA and OC are having this saturday. You have a Biweekly in Westminster, DeVry Tourny in Pamona, and a Tourny in La Habra. I recommend going to the biweekly most of all so Ken can tear you a new a$$hole. If you like, go to the DeVry one and lose to HugS and DSF. Up to you really.

Quite frankly, I'm not entirely too sure what you are capable of under preasure, which is what everyone here would like to see. Take your pick and don't **** talk if you want to be respected amoung everyone. Socal never grew it's foundation by disrespecting anyone when they first entered.

Was the "Blitz" that I saw on the list (but he's not there right now) the same "Blitz" I just played in Guilty Gear at a Norcal gathering? He said he know Trevyn, Edrees, Azeem and one more guy I think was named Byron. Brian? I'm bad with names.

Does Mike Y go by any other names?
There were a few names that went beyond Top 20 and blitz was one of them. Byron was a former member of Deep SoCal I think, but not the same person scamp. And Mike Y only goes by Mike Y as we know him but his SN is DAHKTERem

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I think it makes sense to have Wolf above me on there as well for Hugo's posted reasons, I'd take no objection to slightly dropping down. But IMO it's pretty close :)

6th Sense

Smash Lord
Well panda no ones sh** talking....i just blatenly(sp) said "I think I should be in top 20, but I respect those players who are already there because they're very good players..."

How is their falco better? I've never seem theirs b4.....

Dodger

Smash Ace
Everyone on that list earned their way on to it by placing well at socal tournaments. Some have been doing it for a long time. Why should you get a pass? You say you should be on the list? We say prove it.

A basketball coach wouldn't hire a guy off the street sight on seen, would he? No, he'd have the guy come into practice with the other team members and have him show that he's good enough to play with the rest of the team. Coaches don't make exceptions for people who can't make it to practice. So while it's unfortunate that you can't make it to tournaments, that does not entitle you to a place on the list.

MrPBody

Smash Journeyman
Well panda no ones sh** talking....i just blatenly(sp) said "I think I should be in top 20, but I respect those players who are already there because they're very good players..."

I don't think you'll beat anyone on that list. I beaten some of these ppl in tourny matches, have you?
I have neck to neck battles with Gabe, Edreese, Ultra, champ, Aesis and others. Does your falco come close to their mains?
I've beaten ppl like mike y & knivez, have you? Not to say anything bad bout you guys, cuz you guys mad good =] . Knives has beaten me too as well. If 6th sense can beat some of these people, than maybe I'll start to worry.

PBoDy > 6th sense (if you a falco main)

Wolf and Edresse. Wolf usually 2stockz me most of the time. With Edresse we go neck to neck but Edreese wins it. I'd say wolf is better thought its been a while since we had a tourny match.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
hahaha how funny :p

oh Scamp, the Blitz person from Guilty Gear is different. I think he is Byron's friend and went to school with Edrees, but doesn't really play smash competetively. Ask him to play the guitar for you, cuz he's too good ^^

PandaX

Smash Lord

That's just being cocky. And quit posting like 4 times in a row. If you have a statement, finish it all with one post. In all seriousness, all panelist thought of the top 20 players that they've noticed. All panalest strangely enough humbled themselves by putting themselves lower than what they thought. No one knows who you are, so in every respects, THAT automatically removes your chances of being on the top 20.

stuntcuum3571

Smash Ace
panda, wat is the point if you all(panelists) put yourself lower than you thought??

So mike Y thinks he is like...better than Hugo???

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Actually, I don't know what Panda's talking about, only 1 person underestimated himself against the rest of the panelists.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Sorry, but there are to be no state/regional power ranking threads. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Let's roll. Much thanks to Omnigamer for supporting our concerns and resolving the dispute. + points to you good sir.

I'll reedit the thread soon to meet the standards set for State based Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom