• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Naota21t

Smash Champion
connor is on this? connor can't lose be losing to our norcal 14/15 year olds anymore. lol

to be honest, not to try to belittle socal or anything... but looking at this list, socal really needs to step it up.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
hahaha, I played PewPewU in a friendly, I really hope you weren't considering that.

and my MM vs SFAT, I was playing badly.

Just wait until Genesis.

Miztik

Smash Master
hahaha, I played PewPewU in a friendly, I really hope you weren't considering that.

and my MM vs SFAT, I was playing badly.

Just wait until Genesis.
Connor if i can make it down to Mango Juice we gots to play...

if not Genesis

pockyD

Smash Legend
connor is on this? connor can't lose be losing to our norcal 14/15 year olds anymore. lol

to be honest, not to try to belittle socal or anything... but looking at this list, socal really needs to step it up.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin before P telling you not to talk

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Anybody else wish PockyD was their dad, or is that just me?

Hes so smart, yet so laid back. Pocky for parent of the year.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
i actually agree with luis

socal's list is kinda meh to me
Dude... neither you nor Luis are good.

Pretty sure I can beat both of you in a MM and I'm not even ranked. I wonder what that would say about your PR.

Now that I think about it.. I can compete with your #2. Granted I use Peach but then again, the #2 on ANY PR should not be that match up dependent.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it.. I can compete with your #2. Granted I use Peach but then again, the #2 on ANY PR should not be that match up dependent.

are you really that dense?

or is that a lame attempt at a joke.

also you still havent explained to me what you meant earlier in your other post.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Dude... neither you nor Luis are good.

Pretty sure I can beat both of you in a MM and I'm not even ranked. I wonder what that would say about your PR.

iirc a certain #8 from norcal went in and straight up (quite convincingly) beat the #2 from socal

"compete" well enough?

nublet06

Smash Lord
are you really that dense?

or is that a lame attempt at a joke.
hes refering to him having a really close set with him at scsa2. if you would of seen the set you would agree it was pretty close. koryuu made me proud but he just didnt finish the job :(

either way. this half *** socal power rankings would still take norcal in a top 10 vs top 10 crew battle :p

we should do one where you put people in order. #10 first, then #9 and so on.

iirc a certain #8 from norcal went in and straight up (quite convincingly) beat the #2 from socal

"compete" well enough?
thats because out #2 is borrowed from some noob farm called norcal :psycho: and if i recall some low *** ranked 10 dude beat the same said 8 dude.

sidefx

Smash Champion
i dunno, to me "almost" beating someone doesnt really count for anything.. but thats just me.

also that could actually happen at mango juice, almost everyone from norcal is coming

pockyD

Smash Legend
thats because out #2 is borrowed from some noob farm called norcal :psycho: and if i recall some low *** ranked 10 dude beat the same said 8 dude.
so a norcal guy goes down to socal for a couple of months, and is suddenly the second best player there already, only behind someone who might be the best in the world? :laugh:

anyways, who cares? EC ***** them both :laugh:

nublet06

Smash Lord
i dunno, to me "almost" beating someone doesnt really count for anything.. but thats just me.

also that could actually happen at mango juice, almost everyone from norcal is coming
i completely agree but thats what noobs like koryuu live for lol. getting someone to last stock last game will be talked about forever. to me its just another disappointing loss tho :(

nublet06

Smash Lord
so a norcal guy goes down to socal for a couple of months, and is suddenly the second best player there already, only behind someone who might be the best in the world? :laugh:

anyways, who cares? EC ***** them both :laugh:
lol no because lucky should be ranked #2. this list is just dumb.

regardless i agree west coast sucks now.

<3 mango for holding us on his little shoulders.

nublet06

Smash Lord
does palmdale still play melee? or are they still hardcore into brawl =(

i miss boa's melee marth
me, aesis, emerican, and some new transformed brawl noobs play melee. unfortunately aesis is the only one who is good and he is in italy right now.

all the hoangs are off making money in brawl tho. lol they dont even talk to us anymore. only hope of communicating with them is going to a melee/brawl tournament.

sidefx

Smash Champion
me, aesis, emerican, and some new transformed brawl noobs play melee. unfortunately aesis is the only one who is good and he is in italy right now.

all the hoangs are off making money in brawl tho. lol they dont even talk to us anymore. only hope of communicating with them is going to a melee/brawl tournament.

daaamn that sucks =\\

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
i completely agree but thats what noobs like koryuu live for lol. getting someone to last stock last game will be talked about forever. to me its just another disappointing loss tho :(
I hate it when people make such bold assumptions.

I agree with SideFX that "almost" beating someone doesn't mean ****, because it doesn't. And I'm not about to base an opinion off of one tourney match... especially one which I played horribly at. It's a john but it's true.

I MMed Lunin later that day... and we played with CP's. It went to round 3 (I almost 4 stocked his Fox on our second match on BF) and his CP was corneria in which it came down to last hit but he took the set.

I chose my words carefully. That's why I said "compete." Because no matter how you look at it, I can compete with Lunin.

Edit: And I'm only getting better, if Lunin doesn't up his game vs Peach. I'll probably take him out next time I play him. Confident? Yeah, I am. But not over confident.

also you still havent explained to me what you meant earlier in your other post.
Can you be anymore vague?

Naota21t

Smash Champion
I never said anything about me beating anyone on the PR.

I'm saying how the PR imo is pretty weak right now. I'm pretty sure a few of our non-ranked players could beat your ranked players. Hydro Kirby and Bootle come to mind lol.

You're top 3 are legit, but you guys lack depth. But so does Norcal in a sense, but I believe Norcal's depth past top 3 is noticeably better then Socal.

But it is kinda a unfair comparison at the moment.

edit: btw Kouryuu, being able to "compete" with Lunin as Peach doesn't make you the same level as him at all. Even he'll be one the first to admit his Peach game isn't up to par. Hell... I'm pretty sure his Falcon and Marth would beast your Peach.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
We don't believe you, you need more people

It's easy to talk **** when you're a noob.

Look at it this way: What is Rapelicate on the list in Norcal, like 12th? He wouldn't be 12 on ours. Stfu scrub.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I think our top 10 are pretty good, better than norcals anyway

Although Id like to see more matches between people like #'s 5-10 on both lists to be sure

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Does this mean we get to see a 65$ MM between Shroomed and Kouryuu?

Please?

joeplicate

Smash Master
this is dumb

PRs are dumb
this post got an infraction

I was trying to imply that the arguments started up by PRs are worthless

good **** supermoderator
superbly moderating

sigh

We don't believe you, you need more people

It's easy to talk **** when you're a noob.

Look at it this way: What is Rapelicate on the list in Norcal, like 12th? He wouldn't be 12 on ours. Stfu scrub.
flawless logic
couldn't have said it better myself

SuperRad

Smash Master
luis:
you're a pretty cool guy

but god **** you need to learn your place

you aren't good
you aren't well known
no one cares what you say

this is why i don't go into topics giving people match up advice
or talking about who's better than who unless it's obvious
because my opinion holds no weight with the general public because i am known to be bad at this game
the only reason why i might have a respectable opinion is because i've now met most of the frequent swf posters and they know i'm not a complete moron as well as the fact i make mostly non-dumb posts when i'm trying to make a point. [that sentence is awful, please forgive me]

you are just making yourself look bad with your posts

sorry it had to be like this
-Brian

Top Bottom