• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Signia

Smash Lord
I didn't realize the power rankings depended on opinions. Why not rank them based on their tournament performance, except this time do it mathematically? Discussion should be about how to weight the desired attributes: placings, money match results, activity, or whatever you guys care about. You could rank players as far down as you want, this way. Fly could probably come up a good algorithm for this, hit him up.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
At least in this context, there would be some pretty arbitrary judgment calls . I could easily come up with a few different algorithms that would yield different lists and it'd be difficult to justify why was one is better than the others.

DJMirror

Smash Master
How come you guys dont do a tier list like of ranking? Well everyone is kinda tighten up in the terms of skill (just top 10)

Lit

Smash Ace
Man this list has changed so much compared to when I first started this game.

Top Bottom