• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Sleepy

Smash Ace
not that I'm taking this seriously but haha, hugs and rom didn't make the list. Could this be a ploy to force them to attend more tourneys? *hint hint*

Naota21t

Smash Champion
not that I'm taking this seriously but haha, hugs and rom didn't make the list. Could this be a ploy to force them to attend more tourneys? *hint hint*
how would they get on a list that is partial based on tournament results, without actually going to tournaments?

Kira-

Smash Champion
ouch. no offense to any individuals on the list because i dont have any problems with any of them, but most of this list would of been lucky to make it on our 20+ lists back in the day. (yes with current skill before you say anything)
no, the level of play is much more advanced now, it's not like socal got worse

mio

Smash Ace
I guess I don't keep up with the Melee community's metagame too much but how is Atlus ranked so low? Based on tourney results and the way people speak of him I thought he was supposed to be one of the best.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
no, the level of play is much more advanced now, it's not like socal got worse
No it's not.

ROFL is half right, because a lot of the good people now would be way better if we constantly played people at or slightly above our level all the time. But since it's basically just like 5 people at that level, it's a lot easier to stagnate.

But seriously, SoCal is dumb as **** at this game, and OoS and SoCal a year ago ****s all over it.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
No it's not.

ROFL is half right, because a lot of the good people now would be way better if we constantly played people at or slightly above our level all the time. But since it's basically just like 5 people at that level, it's a lot easier to stagnate.

But seriously, SoCal is dumb as **** at this game, and OoS and SoCal a year ago ****s all over it.
It's the same way with a lot of regions.

p.s.

Good sxxt, Connor

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
I agree with ROFL and Celph, not that I'm helping much.

I'm a terrible flake.

All I can say is Wes 2 stocked P in crews, and I beat Tofu in pizza eating :)

Lovage

Smash Hero
these PRs are so whack... but my goal is, by the time of the next update, be fit for top 5 or 6 placing

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
Top ten is what they take the time to list(because it's what really matters), but it's pretty easy to guess the next 5-10.

Most PR's list 15

Celph

Smash Journeyman
the real question is this

HOW IN THE WORLD DID PSYCHOMIDGET GET 8TH

seriously, look at how stupid the norcal power rankings got when they placed too much emphasis on tourny results. connor and atlus are miles above psychomidget, who is a good puff and all, but is on the level of kouryuu/embrace/rapelicate status, not connor/atlus.

next list is gonna be:

1. m. go
2. zhu
3. tofu
4. lucky
5. connor
6. atlus
7. lovage
8. fly
9. kouryuu
10. psychomidget

imo

Lovage

Smash Hero
hmmm tofu above lucky LOL...well see
P how come you dont want to be ranked?

also Midgy is ranked cuz he beat tofu, fly, you and connor in the ranking period and pretty much did pretty well...remember its mostly tourny result for this initial PR so it isnt that legit

pockyD

Smash Legend
Top ten is what they take the time to list(because it's what really matters), but it's pretty easy to guess the next 5-10.

Most PR's list 15
so you are aiming to be able to guess that you are top 20? :laugh:

i'm just bored, don't read too much into what i'm saying

Celph

Smash Journeyman
when did he beat connor? i thought connor always ***** him

he beat tofu in a slump, fly cuz of the matchup. i was legit but i also beat him immediately before and after his victory, so it was pretty fluky all things considered

honestly embracethe12 has nearly as impressive tourny results as psycho. he beat tofu twice, he always beats cameron, beat connor... there's not much of a difference here at all is what i'm saying

but if you've played connor or atlus recently you know they ****

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I was as surprised as P.

lol, pretty sure connor and atlus should be above me.

edit: I don't think I've played connor... except... nvm we don't talk about it.

edit edit: Then again if it is based on placings in tournaments I have been to like every tournament.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
How weak must you be that you can't even get acknowledged on it?

And yet you talk like such a smash authority. Says a lot about your lack of skill.

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
so you are aiming to be able to guess that you are top 20? :laugh:

i'm just bored, don't read too much into what i'm saying

I know. <3

I just don't want to be so presumptous as to think that I could pull top 10 after being so off

and on with my lack of practice.

Koryuu is srsly bored.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
you guys are all dumb,

psychomidget and I played eachother like, way back in the day. before we were anywhere near good.

top 5 here I come!

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I think AznLep would be a good addition to the panel if he wants to that is.

Lovage

Smash Hero
hmm its hard to say but i think that connor atlus and tofu are all soundly better than me at this point.
connor got good too fast and hasnt really had chance to prove it in tourny (and these PR were almost all tourny)

im gonna make an effort to not slack and try to get a lot better, so then by the time of the next PR i can maintain or stay near my currently whack ranking

Top Bottom