• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Composers FINAL: Music to Brawl By! (BETA)

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
well, you know...Ashley is, what i've heard, a "witch" and i associate that with darkness. and after hearing the original...i just don't think either of them come close to it, but then again it's Smash, and it's supposed to be lively
Yes, Ashley is "dark", but the main point of her is the "cute"... The music puts 2 view together, which makes it great... Versus the American version, it's to strong and more focused on the darker theme...

ok, it sounds like a girl that's REALLY scared at the moment, and i don't think a little girl would be singing if she knew she was getting killed
Hmmm... Let me see what taste your going for...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rUQFzSoV9fw
*ignore the crappy youtube and just listen to the music*

This is something you were looking for, right???

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
@Tsukuyomi

The lyrics are sung by Sasaki Tomoko and the Tokyo Heidi Choir :)

Ashley's lttle girls voice:

look up Tokyo Heidi if you want

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
It's nothing dirty, it's just Laharls theme with some pictures of him:ohwell:
ok, maybe i should of said i'm not watching the WHOLE thing. watched part of it, but couldn't stand it anymore. maybe the reason i don't like the japanese version is...i don't like japanese music at all

GenG

Smash Lord
Fukken japanese, they always get the superior versions. Ashley sounds so ADORABLE but dangerous at the same time in the Japanese version, but in the English version, whle being a good song by itself... the singer doesn't have anything to do with Ashley at all! She looks the average teen high school singer, doesn't have the eerie mood of the Japanese version.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
ok, maybe i should of said i'm not watching the WHOLE thing. watched part of it, but couldn't stand it anymore. maybe the reason i don't like the japanese version is...i don't like japanese music at all
And still being able to listen to Japanese orchestrated music??? Naw, I'm teasing you, but to most gamers (being a large percentage of them otakus) will go for the original Japanese theme over any other other language version... Better example, people like Japanese Nurato over English Nurato, believe it...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
And still being able to listen to Japanese orchestrated music??? Naw, I'm teasing you, but to most gamers (being a large percentage of them otakus) will go for the original Japanese theme over any other other language version... Better example, people like Japanese Nurato over English Nurato, believe it...
i don't mind orchestrated. i'm a band geek, so anything orchestrated i don't mind. in fact, some of my favorite songs are the main themes for many video games

i just don't like japanese vocals

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I never NOTICED till now...

The composer of the main theme from Murder Princess is ACTUALLY going to be making songs for Brawl?!

Holy CRAP!

*mouth agape

Noshiee

Smash Ace
that's the catchiest song I ever heard!
I just love ashley =)
I hpe she gets to Brawl somehow, either background cameo, or SE cameo or boss, AT, etc.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I love that cooking music. I hope it's in the US version of Brawl.

EDIT: The composer and arranger of the DS cooking song is Toshiyuki Sudo.
I'm sure it will... But then again it was probably just a joke to go with Kirby's final Smash. Or I could be wrong..

Where's the rip for Ashely's Theme? I mean, IGN has it, but we need it by stream not download.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Double post sorry!

Ashely's Theme rip is now up!
Sonic Adventure 2 - Live and Learn is now up!

I must say this is turning to be the best day ever! First, Sonic's confirmed along with a new Brawl song!! Then, a great day at school, it was so much fun today! Finally, I learned that Fire Emblem 1 (the one with Marth) is being remade for the DS!! My wallet is going to suffer!!

EDIT: This day is getting better and better! A new Kirby game for DS on the way! Looks similar to Kirby Superstar! And new Advance Wars!! ....This is too good! I must be dreaming!!

JUST. ****ING. AMAZING.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I sure hope Yuzo Koshiro does a dance-y song ala his work on Streets of Rage?Bare Knuckle or his Wangan Midnight work.

I could smash to that music all day.

GenG

Smash Lord
I can help you with that one. If something, try to look for the name of the song at the screen when the characters are appearing.

Castle Siege: Fire Emblem Theme. AMAZING version of the Opera orchestra with latin chorus, something beyond epic, top tier material.
Norfair: A remix of the Theme of Super Metroid can be heard.
Smashville: A faster remix of the Wild World Main Theme.
Pokemon Stadium 2: I recognized some beats from the Red/Blue Trainer Fight.
Delfino Isle: The same exact tune from Mario Sunshine.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I found out two.

Castle Siege is obviously the song from the commercials of Fire Emblems 1 and 6. (main theme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-2kf1VKM1U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAJhN5n9nBE

That can also be heard in part of the Fire Emblem song in Melee.

Also, I've seen the Norfair video, and after turning up my volume, listening to it multiple times and also asking other people what they hear, I've come to the conclusion that the music is the song played at the end credits of Super Metroid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkun0a8dI4M

Here's the Norfair video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzj1bONjYPY

You can clearly hear the song from 00:10-00:13

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
DAMM I WANT "LIVE AND LEARN" Sonics theme from the Sonic video to be on BRAWL!!!!.

At least ONE of the game musicians must have liked this song and will rearrange it!! Damm is so cool.. (of course im biased because i listen to hard rock/metal musik).

The band which plays the song is Crush 40, a band made of japanese musicians but with a foreign vocalist, Johnny Cigloe if im not wrong. He is also the vocalist of the heavy metal band "Axel Rudy Pell".

I NEED THIS SONG IN BRAWL

IS THE ROXXOR!

http://dl1.ffshrine.org/soundtracks...Collection/16_live_&_learn_(instrumental).mp3

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
It would have to be Chain of Memories Sora, so there's an excuse for Donald and Goofy to be absent.

That is a very true statement. Donald and goofy would not be included.

Well, if it has to be chain of memories sora, thats fine. The 13th Struggle music FTW!

PJGasca

Smash Cadet
Ashley's Theme, both English and Japanese versions combined into one song:
http://www.cooltastic.com/music/brawl/11 WarioWare Ashley's Theme.mp3

DS Cooking Navi direct rip tagged and with album artwork (the mp3 link on this thread's front page currently lacks the tags):
http://www.cooltastic.com/music/brawl/12 DS Cooking Navi.mp3

The Ocarina of Time Medley linked as of today on the front page is a poor quality mono recording, a version probably most of you have. Here's the raw version directly from smashbros.com, except with tags and album artwork:
http://www.cooltastic.com/music/brawl/The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Medley (Raw).mp3

And here's my version, which I recommend because the small tweaks make it seem like a complete song rather than a sample:
http://www.cooltastic.com/music/brawl/05 The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Medley.mp3

DragoonFenix15

Smash Apprentice
I think the Halberd music is actually the -first- track from Revenge Of The MetaKnight, not the 2nd. If you have the SPC archive from Zophar.net, it's "Kirby Arrives On The Scene". The IGN Halberd videos sound like that, to me...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I know people here aren't debating it, but I think this is the best thread for it. Some people dislike having songs with lyrics in them for smash. I don't think lyrics takes anything away from the game. Look at some of the combo videos, or edited matches with music. The music sometimes goes better than the in-game music. Even with lyrics.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i just barely watched the gameplay demonstration from the conference and i found some things that i don't think anyone else has stated before.

-Menu 1 plays on Battlefield (duh) and it's a little hard to hear, but it definetely sounds more orchestrated than what it sounds on the Dojo
-Samus' (or i guess the Metroid Franchise) victory theme is a trumpet fanfare, and it sounds like real trumpets! (exciting cause i'm a trumpet player)
-On Lylat Cruise, i can hear the Star Fox Armada, and it sounds just like it does on the Dojo

thought you guys would like this info if you haven't noticed

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
The FE theme you disposed almost made me cry! Ohhh! So awesome!
But it's not in brawl, is it?

GenG

Smash Lord
The FE theme you disposed almost made me cry! Ohhh! So awesome!
But it's not in brawl, is it?
It's in! It's awesome.

The one for Battlefield isn't Menu 1. The one in the Samus vs Mario vid is called Battlefield and is a new song, I can't recognize it.

Top Bottom