• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Composers FINAL: Music to Brawl By! (BETA)

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
Don't be insulted when someone says, "all they added was a violin." Violins are epic!

who else will be insulted if Brawl 's music doesn't receive a 10 on every site that gives it a number?

A couple of questions of my own: will the music (hopefully) continue on longer than the samples we've been given?

Also, have these MP3s been done using a small live orchestra or a nice computer program?
......I'm sure they'll continue on longer since what we're listening to are samples....

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Don't be insulted when someone says, "all they added was a violin." Violins are epic!

who else will be insulted if Brawl 's music doesn't receive a 10 on every site that gives it a number?

A couple of questions of my own: will the music (hopefully) continue on longer than the samples we've been given?

Also, have these MP3s been done using a small live orchestra or a nice computer program?
I guess i worded that wrong.

I meant to say I hate when people say "Mgs sounds like Pirates of the carribean" (mgs came out first)

And I freaking LOVE violins

Darkurai

Smash Master
I notice that the fake extended versions of songs are still being used in this thread. I don't like that.

By doing that, you're not posting the song as it was. Instead, you're using your copy+paste skills to make the songs sound one way, when they might not even go the way you make it seem come December!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I notice that the fake extended versions of songs are still being used in this thread. I don't like that.

By doing that, you're not posting the song as it was. Instead, you're using your copy+paste skills to make the songs sound one way, when they might not even go the way you make it seem come December!
if you don't like them here, IGN has them in mp3 format in their original state

thanks pjgasca! finally it came!

PJGasca

Smash Cadet

I respect your opinion on wanting the original versions, but I've found that for every person who wants a collection of samples, there is somebody else who wants something that feels like a coherent preview soundtrack.

I'm also a bit insulted that you call my work "copy+paste skills". Let's use the MGS4 song as an example of the kind of work I do:
1) looked at the html source to find swf file and downloaded it
2) used decompiler to extract the exact mp3 for optimum quality
3) the song was 6db lower in volume than the other previews for some reason, so I mixed it accordingly
4) downloaded all MGS4 trailers in highest quality available, looking for all instances of song
5) studied trailers, exploring if there was anything I could do to make the Smash Bros song feel complete rather than a cut-off
6) discovered that the end of the exact song was in two different places in trailers without any dialogue over it
7) extracted exact aac audio from trailers
8) synched two trailers with the Smash Brothers song, matching the violins by the ms and matching volumes
9) mixed the two trailers in and out with one another, minimizing all sound effects
10) mixed the resulting audio with the Smash Brothers version, making the transition seamless from one version to the other thanks to the same exact violin being used
11) tail of song had gun sfx over it, so cut it off and reproduced tail without sfx by using numerous effects

The result is a song that is very true to the original composition.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I don't like your fake extended versions of the songs.

If you don't like it then don't spam post here then :rolleyes:
PJGasca worked hard on ripping the music for us.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hey, fellow music-lovers, I was wondering if anyone recognized the music used in today's "Snake Joins the Brawl" update? It would be...interesting...if they used it in the game in some way. I'm guessing it's some MGS music, but I honestly have no idea.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
Hey, fellow music-lovers, I was wondering if anyone recognized the music used in today's "Snake Joins the Brawl" update? It would be...interesting...if they used it in the game in some way. I'm guessing it's some MGS music, but I honestly have no idea.
i tink that music play wend the enemy soldier detect snake and chase him

Kaburii

Smash Apprentice
It seemed to me it was another song for us to choose for the MG series. It's more upbeat than the Love theme, but it's long enough to be a complete stage song.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
nice find chido, but i should know where this song is! it does sound like it's from the original metal gear solid...but i can't remember where, unless i'm mistaken and it really isn't there

any clue? it's been a while since i played MGS

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
that's a great MGS song truly a classic, I sure can't wait to download and listen to them on my mp3

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
really? for some reason it doesn't ring a bell
Can't blame ya. It's really old, and only plays in that game. The Gamecube version doesn't have it and it doesn't appear in Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 either.

And by PSX, its Playstation 1 for those who didn't know.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm betting that we'll see a brief clip of that song make it in as Snake's Victory Theme, much akin to the music heard when "NEWCOMER: SNAKE" burst across the screen in the E3 '06 trailer. =)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Oh man they just have to include the MGS Main Theme they just have too!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
you can find them at wii.ign.com.

just go to super smash bros. brawl, and find the FAQ under Features. DON'T, i repeat, DON'T go to the one under Game Help, cause it's just a list.

find the music section in the labeled box, and there you'll find all the MP3 in their original states

EDIT: or you can be lazy and just click HERE!! to find all the mp3 stuff

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
For those who don't know, Japan website got a second music update :confused:

Don't believe me? Check out the SSBB Japanese homepage. I have no idea what it is though.

Also, this music update could have been predictable if:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=304101882

Contents:
"Its exciting I'm finally getting into more Voice Over & Character Acting jobs. I've always wanted to do this sort of work, ever since "The Little Mermaid" came out & I could sound just like Ariel, I thought "Wow, I could do that for a living. How fun!".
Well, this job is a start to the Resume. The Nintendo project was really fun to do. I got to sing the theme song of Ashley, a teenage, goth, witch, in "Super Mario Bros Smash" where all of the Nintendo Characters Brawl against each other. It was really fun creating her voice just from a description of her character on paper. Fortunately, Nintendo loved my audition and Voila~ I got the job. The producers were great to work with and let me run with my creative ideas which made it especially fun and rewarding..."

Super Mario Bros. Smash? XD

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
For those who don't know, Japan website got a second music update :confused:

Don't believe me? Check out the SSBB Japanese homepage. I have no idea what it is though.

I think it's because nobody outside japan would get the joke. From what I can puzzle out it's from a Japan only DS title called DS Cooking Navi. Which was basically a cookbook for the DS that actually spoke the Japanese recipes so you could follow it. I think there's an european version in the works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DS_Cooking

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone noticed that he is saying we have "6+1 languages" but the music is only in American English and Japaneses, that gata be a kick to the groin to everyone else.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmmmmmm.
Well... I hope this time they allow the PAL version to set the language to Japanese, too.
I love Japanese voices. ^-^

That song is terribly funky.
And Ashley's isn't bad, either. XD

EDIT: Daaaamn. These songs are addictive. Took me like 20 minutes of repeated listening to get up and go to the living room.. in order to show them to my mother. Kekeke.

Let's try some Google translation ( BETA, apparently ) on the last paragraphs of the Kirby update.

"So it is [are]. This [tsu] [te], even generally known darkness pan like it is it is not?
Being good regardless? Being good?

By the way. That means excessively there is no relationship, but
Also such a cute tune was prepared.

【しゃべる! DSお料理ナビ】
<You talk! DS cooking Nabi>

<Composition & arrangement charge: 須 door Tosiyuki>
* Copyright of this music reverts Nintendo Co. (Inc.).
* Please pay attention to volume.

[hi] -. It is funny!
Such a [waza] is possible, how, as expected the original developer.

It is what, don't you think? the meat stops wanting to make."

....right. Anyway.

I wonder where this song would be used. I thought it might be a cute addition to Kirby's FS to have it playing in the background, but he seems to say that there's no direct connection.
So, what could the song be used for? Random stages that have nothing to do with cooking?
Maybe there'll be a stage for random funky DS titles like those Brain games and such...
Which kind of makes me wonder whether there really will be an Animal Crossing character.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Original arrange for Ashley's theme is up. It's a good thing I woke up early today!

Yeah, I pretty much knew this song would be used for the WarioWare stage as soon as I heard it first (never played the game, just heard it online not so long ago). Now that this song is up..... Does this mean anything for Ashley at all? Playable? You don't see her anywhere else. Unless she is an AT..... Well, only time will tell.

Now for PJgasca's work. I have a request. Will you combine both English and Japanese versions of the song?

And I can't find a rip for the DS Cooking Navi song....

EDIT: Also you got to admit, this voiced song in Brawl is certainly sounding way better then the DK Rap in Melee! :laugh:

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
This music just gets better and better. Seriously, it's so awesome!!

I just hope they release the Japanies version on the american Brawl, and that you have a choice between the two, as Japanies is just God.

Regardless, I love the music.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I agree, I hope they have the DS Cooking Navi song in the American version of the game, cuz I'll take every bit of music I can get. The jazz riff in the Ashley theme is really awesome, but I don't know what to think about full-fledged vocals. Oh well, crazy, just like the WarioWare stage - I can live with that!

And LOL at Super Mario Bros. Smash!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
never played WarioWare, but the song is catch. hearing both the japanese and american version, i have to say i perfer the american. i mean yes, i know this Ashley is supposed to be dark, but i don't think the japanese does that justice. it sound like a small nine year old about to get brutally *****. the american version is more lively and it fits smash more

EDIT: after listening to the original version...they both don't do it justice. but i still perfer the American version, cause it actually sounds like something i can fight to

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
never played WarioWare, but the song is catch. hearing both the japanese and american version, i have to say i perfer the american. i mean yes, i know this Ashley is supposed to be dark, but i don't think the japanese does that justice. it sound like a small nine year old about to get brutally *****. the american version is more lively and it fits smash more

EDIT: after listening to the original version...they both don't do it justice. but i still perfer the American version, cause it actually sounds like something i can fight to
No, the theme is not suppose to be about Ashley being dark... The otaku (Japanese anime and gamer freaks), most people have one thing on their mind, the act of "mo-e" (or English terms, cutesy)... I thought the voice for the Japanese was awesome and so darn adorable, I would like to cuddle Ashley like crazy... I bet most people actually would want to cuddle Ashley right now after seeing her in the WarioWare games...

Also, since I can't read Japanese... Anyone could translate the singer's name for the Ashley's Theme???

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
it sound like a small nine year old about to get brutally *****.
I'm afraid to ask, but why do you know what that sounds like?

I'm gonna go ahead and bookmark this thread, so I don't lose it. It's good info, and I like having the music handy. Smash music has always been great, because of the large amount of gaming history that goes into it, and Brawl will be no exception.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
No, the theme is not suppose to be about Ashley being dark...
well, you know...Ashley is, what i've heard, a "witch" and i associate that with darkness. and after hearing the original...i just don't think either of them come close to it, but then again it's Smash, and it's supposed to be lively

I'm afraid to ask, but why do you know what that sounds like?
ok, it sounds like a girl that's REALLY scared at the moment, and i don't think a little girl would be singing if she knew she was getting killed

Top Bottom