• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers in Fresno, CA?

GameSythe

Smash Rookie
Awesome, some people who play Brawl who aren't 2+ hours away. I live in Bakersfield and play Brawl. I main Olimar.

But small talk aside, SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING FOR THE CENTRAL VALLEY PLEASE!

I would, but my place is too small to accommodate parking and people. Me and my group of smashers have been keeping our eyes open for something happening around the area, but nothing ever seems to come up. I've yet to compete in any tourneys or anything, so I'm really wanting to see some good players outside of our small circle of smashers. So, whether it be a cash tourney or just friendly's SOMEONE should do something!

strider43

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't looking for brawl nubs near fresno lol.

Melee veterans. If you want to play brawl we can, but I want to see a good melee player before I bust out the toon link.

Edit: You need to be better than me

shadowcloud

Smash Apprentice
i just moved to visalia putting about 45 minutes away from fresno. I know about 5 people that would be down to play some melee. We should try and set up a smashfest or something.

GameSythe

Smash Rookie
Hmm Strider, not particularly speaking directly to you, just anyone who happens to read this...and lives around the area.

Also: Wai so srs?

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
mexi, envy, tourny at ucm? eh eh? melee, of course. brawl if we can get enough equipment.

c'mon, i know you want it....

strider43

Smash Journeyman
OMG!? Just a child???? Sorry, didn't mean to pick on someone 5 years younger than me. ****, I'm getting so old...
I'll take your money and whoop your butt anyday. In that order of course. Unless you still feel too old to get owned by someone 5 years younger than you. :devil:

demu351

Smash Apprentice
dude, i beat pink shinobi and im barely tourney lvl! strider, u should totally milk pink shinobi for whatever money hes worth! and rep for the young'uns here!

gongbomb

Smash Cadet
yea that pink shinobi is a scrub, go take him down. I've played him plenty of times, easy pickings. You should up the ante of whatever he bets. He'll practically be laying it in your lap.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
I'll take your money and whoop your butt anyday. In that order of course. Unless you still feel too old to get owned by someone 5 years younger than you. :devil:
Ha ha, you probably could. I got schooled by a high schooler from the bay area in a small little tournament. >_< It was so embarrassing.

But, I'm always down to money match in melee. (Not to mention, I'm from Fresno so it'd be convenient). It has to be 20$ or more tho, cuz otherwise the money match is no fun.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
Who do you play, and who have you played in fresno? I play Falcon and Falco respectively, but my best character's fox, even though I don't like playing as him.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
Who do you play, and who have you played in fresno? I play Falcon and Falco respectively, but my best character's fox, even though I don't like playing as him.
I can play only Peach because she has that d-smash. I just smack the c-stick down and it does a lot of damage to my opponents. I don't really know any smashers besides my little brothers and sisters in Fresno. ^^; But they're pretty good too.

You must be pretty good if you can handle tough characters like Fox, Falco, and Falcon. Would you like to money match me sometime? It'll be fun. 20$ or more. We can even do some friendlies after, or some more money matches.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
I can play only Peach because she has that d-smash. I just smack the c-stick down and it does a lot of damage to my opponents. I don't really know any smashers besides my little brothers and sisters in Fresno. ^^; But they're pretty good too.

You must be pretty good if you can handle tough characters like Fox, Falco, and Falcon. Would you like to money match me sometime? It'll be fun. 20$ or more. We can even do some friendlies after, or some more money matches.
MMMM let me talk with pest, cause in that case I'll only play you as sheik and marth :chuckle:

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
MMMM let me talk with pest, cause in that case I'll only play you as sheik and marth :chuckle:
Ha ha. I'm dropping by Fresno to visit my family on the 19th, 20th, and 21st of September. So we can do our FUN money match then. Or we can wait for Juzz to host a UCM tournament, although I'm not sure what the date on that is.

So how much you want? 20$ ? 40$ ? 100$ ? Anything is fine with me, as long as we follow standard tournament rules.

Miztik

Smash Master
hey umm...strider..as an old marth main...trust me...man marth/shiek arent as bad as a counter pick to shiek as you may think they are...but its your funeral hahaha...

go paul...you got this...

strider43

Smash Journeyman
I suppose my mains falcon and falco do better then? $20 sounds legit, ill see you in a few weeks Paul

Miztik

Smash Master
like dont get me wrong...marth is still really good vs peach...but like you have to know the match-ups and what stages to play on vs peach....but once you learn it...you got this...

but for now Paul Shinobi that is Pink....you got this haha...

heres a hint for you...tho strider...(ban yoshi's story or try to avoid it)

i know that hint sounds crazy....but you dont want that stage...

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
20$? I guess that's fine. ^^ I don't have the system, or the game, so it'd probably be at your place, b/c I don't think there's going to be a tourney anytime soon.

And in a mm, we both need to actually have 20$ physically with us. We'll just follow standard tournament rules and do like a 3/5 or something.

And Miztik, I don't got this! I'm not a good smasher. ^^ Wanna play you again soon tho.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
I got 20, 2/3 sets is what I do and I got all the legit stages on random, no counterpick levels or else ill pick Poke floats and play a gay falcon =)

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
I got 20, 2/3 sets is what I do and I got all the legit stages on random, no counterpick levels or else ill pick Poke floats and play a gay falcon =)
Do you mean we should just do random on the neutral stages with no counterpicks? Sounds boring, but if that's what you want.

OR we can follow standard tournament rules for the mm:

Dave's Stupid Rule, Advanced Slob Picks, and Random Reset rules apply.

Stages:

Singles
Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.

We can use standard tournament rules or just do random neutrals with no reset. Of course, time is on, and there's 4 stocks. And no items of course!

Btw, Are your parents okay with you "money matching?" I'm considered an adult cuz I'm in college, and you're still a kid, so I feel kinda bad. You should probably ask them first. I don't want to get you in trouble (or myself). It feels more normal to mm at a tourney, but Fresno is kinda bleh at tournies.

Miztik

Smash Master
20$? I guess that's fine. ^^ I don't have the system, or the game, so it'd probably be at your place, b/c I don't think there's going to be a tourney anytime soon.

And in a mm, we both need to actually have 20$ physically with us. We'll just follow standard tournament rules and do like a 3/5 or something.

And Miztik, I don't got this! I'm not a good smasher. ^^ Wanna play you again soon tho.
ok ok ok...your not that good..but im just tryin to boost your confidence....sorry

also i think im going to the merced tourney but idk yet...you should go...

strider43

Smash Journeyman
I've seen your work shinobi, I've played better "peach's" than you. I'm fine with moneymatching, your not the first college kid that assumed I suck cause I'm young, thats fine we got M2K rep'in us. You need to catch Pest though in fresno if you haven't already played him, I'd like to see which of you is better.

Neutral stages only, you can only pick those when you lose, first match is random'd, time limit is gay but fine, 8 minutes is more than enough time. FoD is neutral in my book, same with YS.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
Pest is a really great guy and I'm sure after a few matches you can convince him in a moneymatch or two, he has more experience than me, but I sorta think fem vs fem matches are boring, unless it includes sheik. (Aka Jiggs vs peach or Peach vs zelda, Peach vs peach...) None the less I'll still record it all. There are a few more smashers in fresno that you'll want to play. My bro would be top of the list but you'll have to settle for me for now.

Top Bottom