• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers in Fresno, CA?

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for people who play in the Central Valley.

Particularly Fresno/Clovis/... maybe Hanford lol.

I have a lot of avid Smashers for friends, and we're looking for more to play with! Possibly holding Tournaments.

I've got a collection of possible 12 competitive players.

I need to know -who- plays Smash in Fresno/Clovis, what're you skills? Wii want to play!

So please, respond in this thread; let us know your main, give us an idea about your skill and play history, and maybe a little about yourself!

My name is Hunter, I currently have no Smash persona; I play with Capt. Falcon mostly...
Samus originally :D, I graduated from Clovis West, I'm 20 years old.

I've mastered many advanced techniques, however, I don't Wavedash... I can, just don't. I incorporate a lot of SHFFLing, JCG's, L-Cancel, & Mind Games.

YOUR TURN, 3..., 2..., 1..., READY! GO!

Miztik

Smash Master
There are many smashers in fresno there is a fresno smash thread probally on the second page of the pacific west section idk you have to look for it but there are about 10 smashers i think maybe more

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
If you guys are willing to drive I'm hosting a tournament in Merced, which is about 40 min away. It would be awesome to meet some new players.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
=Fresno Smashers=
Cereal Rabbit-
A smasher who plays Kirby. He started smash off with Kirby and was inspired by many Kirby players such as Timmy and KK90. He claims to have no mindgames and messes up on a lot of tech skills. He plays Fox or Falco in more serious matches. He is only 14 years old.

Envy- A smasher who plays Mario. He was inspired by Eggz who he met in real life to pick up Mario after seeing how well he used him. He likes to say everyone *****. There is still a lot of room for him to improve.

D4DY- A smasher who plays Falcon and Falco. He likes Panda express and is one of the best smashers in Fresno. He respectively destroys everyone else in this city with a few exceptions.

Bob 2 Be- A smasher who plays Fox. He plays with D4DY a lot and is usually seen getting ***** by him. On the other hand he is a very average tech skilled player, but has good tech reading.

Mexi- A smasher who plays Falcon. He is really godly in doubles and has a pretty smooth game play. His doubles partner is Lit.

Lit- A smasher who plays Sheik. His double partner is Lit.

Dizzy- A smasher who plays Marth as far as I know.

Stephen- A smasher who plays Marth.

Drex- A smasher who plays Doctor mario.

Pest- A smasher who plays Peach and Link. He was originally one of the first competetive
Fresno smashers.

Jetworld-An African American smasher who plays Samus. He's a johns machine, but really good in smash.

SpaZtiK-A smasher who plays Marth. He has just recently came into competetive smash. He is a reliable guy if you want to bring TVs to tournaments.

SSR-A smasher who plays Sheik(?). He is a friend of SpaZtiK's.

JWQST-A smasher who plays Samus?

Sleepy-A smasher who plays Jigglypuff. He's a really tall guy, I swear. He was also thinking
about picking up IC, which he did start.

TAN (Richard)-A smasher who plays Falcon. Not the best smashers out there, but he has a lot of potential for getting better.

Pink Shinobi :D?-A smasher who plays Peach. I recently found out he was Asian like me, so now he's cool. He's now in Davis, but was originally from Fresno.
EDIT: He is also known for having very expensive MM's...

"That one guy who has the Godzilla picture on his avatar, I forgetz his name...."- I forgot his name lol...

=Merced Smashers= Merced too cool!!!!!
Jmic (Awesome guy right here)-A smasher who plays Falcon. He is awesome because he brings his Falcon helmet and 2 TVs. I hope he becomes a really talented musician in the near future.

Juzz-A smasher who plays Marth. As far as I know he smashes with Jmic a lot.

=Modesto=
Miztik-A smasher who plays Marth and Falco. He seems to post a lot in regional zones and likes the Cowboys.

Park-A smasher who plays Yoshi. He has gottened banned on Smash Boards how many times now?!?!?

Choknator-A smasher who plays IC Climbers, but has skills towards many other characters. He's considered a pro (says him ;)) and also has tons of Filipino gatherings so he misses tournaments.

Macd-A smasher who plays Peach.

Lumpy-A smasher who plays Peach
Home Made Waffles-A smasher who plays Doc, Luigi, and Fox. I talk to him on AIM, and we both are cool.

Xilopryce-A smasher who plays Luigi and Marth(?). He has amazing ledge skills...

Choko-A smasher who I only hear of. I hear Choko is amazing.

Obselete Death-A smasher who hear of. As far as MySpace says, he's 15 years old.

~If I don't have your name, you're just too unheard of from me or we need to meet up and smash. :)

Where have you been? Fresno is filled with smashers?

EDIT: "A smash who plays" on Copy and Paste for the win!!!

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
Juzz-A smasher who plays Marth. As far as I know he smashes with Jmic a lot.
I run the Merced tournaments as well. How did you know I play Marth?

Anyway, it would be awesome if you guys can make it the 23rd. I'm trying to gather a good turnout. If you guys could come, equipment would be nice eh?

juzz

EDIT: Cause I can't spell for ****

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Cereal you do your homework. That's almost disturbing lol. (JK!)

This' good, where do Fresnans unite? Is there Fresno monthlies? Do you or any of the Fresno-Smashers run tournaments in town?

My friends & I are planning on coming to the UCM Monthly on the 23rd, I'm gonna' r.s.v.p. with that guy who PM'd me about it..., I forget his tag : /.

My tag here isn't what I smash with, it's just an old account I can't change-- my game tag:

R!OT : above average smasher (new to tournaments) capable of many advanced techniques with an emphasis on mind-games who plays Captain Falcon and is recently expirementing with D.K.

My friends tags are :

TACO : above average smasher (new to tournaments) who uses Falco/Zelda 50/50.

VO!D : above average smasher (new to tournaments) who uses Ness, and doesn't shield-roll or WD but seems to get away with it... (bairs ftw!)

ALEX : above average smasher (new to tournaments) who uses Marth, very fluid with his skill and has a profound ability to read his opponents.

^These can all be added to the Fresno list, I say we gather contact info., and make this into a Central Valley Smasher's compendium.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Lol central valley smash has come a loooong way.

First of all, why are there no Porterville smashers on the list? Porterville invented central valley smash.

Anywho, next month I'm moving to Visalia, which is actually a little closer to Fresno than Hanford is, so please let me know of any tournaments you guys might be having.

If you don't know who I am....well I'm nobody too special, although my crew single handedly dominated central valley smash for about 4 years, until most of us moved away.

I guess my profile would say I'm a marth main, focus on mindgames, with pretty good tech skill (when my hands aren't hurting too much). I have a very outstanding tournament record in the central valley, winning over 10 singles tournaments, just as many teams tournaments, and some crew battles as well. LevelOne tournaments were pretty much my part time job the summer before last. Outside of the valley, I've placed as high as 5th in Socal, right behind Taj, Ken, Chu, and Forward. In Norcal I'm slightly less efficient (norcal is better), but have gotten top 10 before. I've also participated in 2 MLG events, making it out of pools in both. I've lived in Missouri before and trained a bit with Darkrains crew, placing third in one of their tournies, and top 5 in most.

I used to live in norcal back in 2004, but there were hardly any tournaments. I hung out with some Daly City smashers, like Azn_Danny, Volroth, Gokuzen Ron, and Lunin. I played a bit with Tang, Nekurbis, and Sheridan while I was there as well. And I went to the first Sacramento smashfest, back when Zelgadis owned everybody except Isai. I know some of the greatest smashers in the state, but unfortunately haven't had much time to practice with them.

So, while I've never had much time to really focus on smash, I have always loved the game and the community, and have been to a few tournaments spanned across 4 years. I haven't been to a tournament since March of 07, except for one small one in Fresno with like 12 people. I won teams there with Mr. Ganondorf, and ended up in 4th singles. Although everybody that placed higher than me I owned in MMs (mr. ganondorf, dady, and lit).

But the main purpose of my post is to provide a little background on myself and the central valley smash scene, and to let everybody in Fresno know that if you're doing any tournaments, please please let me know, I've been dying to go to one for so long now.

Thanks,

Ziv

shadowmage

Smash Rookie
im from lemoore, 21 years old, mains marth, but trying out fox and stuff. I go to CSU fresno... and i havnt played smash for a while :O last time i played was at MR. Ganondorf's house :S

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Hahahaha. I made that post like last week...
And yes, I will be fcking with Melee once Brawl comes out. And when the pleasure strikes again I'll *** with Brawl. Otherwise in a fcking rotation....

See, look what happens when I try to make sarcastic posts....

MechaBoozer20XX

Smash Journeyman
Haha. I live in Madera, which is like 20 min. from Fresno/Clovis. My local LAN center closed 2 weeks ago so now I have ZERO people 2 play at all. Getting my license in like a month , then I'll hopefully be able to drive to the Fresno/Clovis area. Oh , I main Bowser so you know I'm a noob.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I might throw a tourney March 8th...we'll see how it goes. Talking to d4dy...we are organizing it...only come if you ****.....but don't get excited yet...might not happen...we'll talk more this weekend

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I will money match you 20 dollars. I'm also a n00b, but I like taking risks.
You don't live in Fresno. I'll likely not be taking a trip to Davis any time soon. However if you can make it to Fresno I'd like to money match you, but definately not for $20. Probably for $5 or less. I think one of my friends might've played you at the tourney you won the other weekend. Maybe Tipdawg? How long has it been since you've lived in Fresno?

Envy, I'll definately make it to your tourney. And if you know Dady, Mexi, and Lit, just ask them if I ****. I think I'm about 6-2 against them in tournies and MMs. Maybe more than 6 wins, but only 2 losses for sure. If you ask me I wouldn't say I ****, but I'm ok. Definately one of the best smashers between Bakersfield and Fresno.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
You don't live in Fresno. I'll likely not be taking a trip to Davis any time soon. However if you can make it to Fresno I'd like to money match you, but definately not for $20. Probably for $5 or less. I think one of my friends might've played you at the tourney you won the other weekend. Maybe Tipdawg? How long has it been since you've lived in Fresno?
No 20$ mm? -_- How about we have four 5 dollar mm's? :)

I lived in Fresno 2 years ago. After I graduated, I came to UCD, which is where I am now. So technically I live in Fresno. ;)

Gray Dissidence

Smash Rookie
Why doesn't anyone known in the local smash scene make a new "The Official Fresno Smash Thread", thread lol? I see a lot of these threads die cuz they aren't directed to fresno and smash itself :urg:. Maybe its me and I havent seen the threads, but someone make it and get that **** stickied plzzzz. :D I would, but no one would post in a thread made from a nobody so yea, someone gogogogogo.

I have a group of friends that have brawl, whether are not they wanna get into the scene are not I unno but I know they wanna get better. I'm down to meet some new fresno/clovis local smashers and hopefully get to see the local scene explode in size. Wanna get some casuals in with some competitive smashers out there if possible. As of yet I don't have a brawl or a wii but plan on changing that soon. I went to Level 1 a few times and met Drex and Mexi. I went by the tag Gray using Link in some small tournies. I tried to set Drex up with Buddys Gaming and bring the scene over there because I heard Buddies is making a huge investment in brawl and Drex knows smashers from level 1. So if Buddies becomes Fresno's new stomping ground (which they def have the money to back it) maybe a steady scene can grow from it. All ideas I've thought of but definitely, I wanna meet some new smashers so hit me up, anyone interested becoming better at brawl or just ppl who wanna play casuals, I just dont have a wii or brawl :x.

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
Seriously. There were biweeklys at level one, I dunno if those are still around. I've been looking for some tournaments for a while. I live in visalia, main shiek and DK in melee. Main shiek dk meta night and wolf dedede in brawl. I don't really have any status as a smasher I've been to one tournament and got reaped.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Seriously. There were biweeklys at level one, I dunno if those are still around. I've been looking for some tournaments for a while. I live in visalia, main shiek and DK in melee. Main shiek dk meta night and wolf dedede in brawl. I don't really have any status as a smasher I've been to one tournament and got reaped.
dude give me your contact information pronto. i just moved to visalia and have been looking for some smashers that are a little more local than p'ville or fresno. visalia is a big enough town that there's got to be somebody.

i am primarily a melee player, but i play brawl also. i've been to a crap load of melee tournaments, and i'm probably above average. in brawl i've only been to one stupid tourney with stupid rules that i got 3rd at.

most of the old-school nor-cal and so-cal smashers know who i am. dbr, isai, tang, ss, lunin, dsf, ken, aesis, hugs....those guys. i've played 'em all.

so i might be a good person to train with, and i'm usually down for tournaments if i have the cash.

just pm me your cell or something. i'll give you mine. my name is Michael.

Osgiliath

Smash Apprentice
If anyone still looks at this post there is a huge tournament going on at California State University Fresno, look for the Tournament information, and I guess we can make a Sticky here about Central Smashing, but I doubt Fresno in specific...sadly...

Eki

Smash Cadet
i'd play you if i ever go out there again. cuz when i go see my cousins ( by the way i was born in Fresno) i will get awfully bored because i will have no ppl to play competetive brawl with.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
If anyone still looks at this post there is a huge tournament going on at California State University Fresno, look for the Tournament information, and I guess we can make a Sticky here about Central Smashing, but I doubt Fresno in specific...sadly...
Need some more info on this. Date, time, entry fee, prizes, ect. It's melee right??

I'll be there if I can.

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
how bout we have a melee tournament? Seems like enough ppl are still into melee around here, to me atleast doesnt seem like any1 is really into brawl

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
yea ill try and get this going but im not too sure how soon it will happen but ill try

Top Bottom