• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Creation Contest: Round 17: Swampasaur vs. Guybrush20X6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Peachy´s for me, the deal breaker was Mach Rider and Shulk and he make cuts maintaining a roster of 48 playable characters.
.n_n.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I just realized I voted for the wrong person... s:

Just remember that a vote for Splat should actually be for Peachy..

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Let's see here...

Thatwaspeachy
+ Both K Rool and Dixie
+ Popular contenders (Ridley, Little Mac, Shulk)
+ Smaller roster size
+ Mewtwo
+ Mach Rider
- Including Roy, while still making cuts

splat
+ Popular contenders (Ridley, K. Rool)
+ No cuts + Roy and Mewtwo
+ Complete leak (Pac-Man, Little Mac, Mii)
+ Surprise picks (Dillon and Mach Rider)
- Roster size. While the roster isn't "too big" it is compared to ThatWasPeachy's
- Pokemon Saturation. 5 pokemon is fine, but if it exceeds the Mario series, I think you're going just a bit overboard.

While I liked the ambition of splat's roster, ThatWasPeachy's roster size, and character choices won me over.
The winner is Peachy.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Although Splat's roster had Mii and Pac-man, (I don't like the idea of either of them in Smash) ThatWasPeachy's roster lacked Wolf, which sealed the deal for me. I voted for Splat.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Both rosters are scary similar, in particular that both make the somewhat unusual choices of Mach Rider as well as Roy over an Awakening character . I don't have a strong preference between the two, so I went superficial and voted for Splat's awfully pretty roster.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
END OF ROUND
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER
splat wins this round with 16 votes vs. Peachy's 9. The margin of win was quite narrow compared to previous rounds.​
This round is between God Robert's Son Cousin and legendofrob1​
God Robert's Cousin​
legendofrob1​
GO!​
legendofrob1, you don't have Toon Link on your roster. If you have an update, send it in quick!​

D

Deleted member

legendofrob1
That is a good roster. While no Brawl characters were cut (besides Snake), I would enjoy this roster more. However, Kamek and Ghirahim stick out like sore thumbs to me.

splat

Smash Lord
splat wins this round with 17 votes vs. Peachy's 8. The margin of win was quite narrow compared to previous rounds.
Did you calculate Ariand/AEM's misvote? If not, the margin was even smaller, aha.

These two roster are eerily similar; Rob's looks like an extended version of Robert's (damn, even their names are similar) - all characters but TLink and Snake that Robert has appear on Rob's too.
I'm voting for Robert's - he managed to create a nice, compact roster (though I would've liked a third FE character), whereas Rob's does feel like it has some 'filler'.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Voted for GRC, because he somehow managed to make a 44 character roster with no cuts and it is very well balanced. Well done to him, because that is a very hard thing to do. And I don't really know if I'd like to play as legendofrob roster. Sorry legendofrob.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
After taking a closer look I noticed that legendofrob's roster is literally God Robert's Cousin's roster, but with the inclusion of Shulk, Chrom, Takamaru, Toad, and Kamek (not counting Ghirahim, assuming that he was replaced with Toon Link), and the exclusion of Snake. I really don't like the idea of cutting Snake, especially if he is the ONLY cut on you're entire roster, and while I do like the inclusion of Shulk, Chrom, Takamaru, and Toad (not to sure about Kamek). I still voted for God Robert's Cousin's simply for having the smaller roster, and for including Snake.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Voted for God Robert's Family Member. I love the roster, haha. My only qualm is the lack of Chrom. See? I rhymed.

But seriously, great roster.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Going with rob's roster. More characters seems to make it more interesting.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
just stick toon link onto the end of mine for now while I make a change, alright? forgot about this when toon link was revealed...

EDIT:
[insert incorrect roster here]
here's the new one. had to do a couple things, I think its the same besides toon link.

EDIT 2: I FORGOT ICE CLIMBERS WTF$#%#DS THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT BRB

EDIT 3:

Now it should be the same... you know, besides toon link.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Two very nice rosters. GRC's is a bit too small for my taste, and there's no surprises whatsoever in the additions, but it is admirably a no-cuts roster despite the size and is very believable overall. LOR's is larger and has more personal flair, yet only has two particularly interesting inclusions to show for it (Toad and Kamek) and doesn't seem to justify Snake's exclusion. Ended up going for GRC by a tiny margin, though LOR's roster is better than some that have already made it past the first round and I hope it does well in loser's bracket (this is still double elim, right?).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
it's just my luck going against GRC in the first round.

These two roster are eerily similar; Rob's looks like an extended version of Robert's (damn, even their names are similar) - all characters but TLink and Snake that Robert has appear on Rob's too.
I'm voting for Robert's - he managed to create a nice, compact roster (though I would've liked a third FE character), whereas Rob's does feel like it has some 'filler'.
this is very confusing for me as I go by Robert AND Rob in real life. ugh, first world problems.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I feel like the only reason people are voting for GodRobert'sCousin is because his roster's character artwork is better designed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
END OF ROUND
THE NEXT WILL BE UP IN A FEW HOURS
EDIT: SCRATCH THAT, I'M DOING IT NOW
legendofrob1 wins this round with 13 votes vs. God Robert Cousin's 11. This is probably the closest we've gotten to a tie. Not bad.

This round is between HeroG and Opossum

HeroG

Opossum

Who will win this round? The rectangle or the Wine glass? You decide! :troll:
Vote here: http://www.yourfreepoll.com/bzhbbycdsp.html

GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom